Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,840 members, 7,817,490 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:04 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5531) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9200018 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5528) (5529) (5530) (5531) (5532) (5533) (5534) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fantilopezzy: 9:03pm On Jul 18, 2019
papiforreal:

Steal?
You are definitely a mi fan boy. I would even take you serious if you say the k20 pro with 8gb ram, SD, 855 and 256 is a steal.
But k20? Even mashable India says it's overpriced, so who are you?
mitchew
baba we no include k20pro abeg
nah k20 and mi9t
infact mention a phone priced 120k that's better than k20 ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 9:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
godspeed:

My friend you're just grasping at straws. You said I was consoling Myself because my device is missing those features, yet iPhone whose target market is the sophisticated and the wealthy don't put such features on their phones and people are still paying a fortune to get them. Who is consoling who

I am not here to start an iPhone versus Android argument. You made reference to it and I replied.

We all know how iPhone fanboys are now! grin I no wan cause kasala for here abeg. Na anywhere Apple tell them dem go face.

The original argument was Mi9T versus Mi9SE. And so far, you have not showed us with any of your points how the Mi9SE is a better buy than Mi9T.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 9:12pm On Jul 18, 2019
godspeed:

Lame again. Somebody that values good photography above all else will easily go for the pixel.

In fact it is solely because of the camera that I'll get the pixel 4 later in the year .

So let's just agree, the one feature you Value above all is the size of the Mi9SE right?

That is the only reasonable point you've made so far in this Mi9T versus Mi9SE argument.

Any other thing na kabash abeg! Kindly rest now. undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 9:17pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

Stories..
Stories you obviously need to know grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 9:32pm On Jul 18, 2019
papiforreal:

Steal?
You are definitely a mi fan boy. I would even take you serious if you say the k20 pro with 8gb ram, SD, 855 and 256 is a steal.
But k20? Even mashable India says it's overpriced, so who are you?
In My opinion that price is the best Xiaomi could come up with. Factoring circumstances like newer chipset, no ads, Indian taxes etc I heared 65% of the materials are sourced locally. People probably expected the redmi k20 to be priced at the same tier with the Realme X(thats 17000 rupees about 90k)Although the Realme is good, if you acknowledge the upgrades such as the third most powerful chip from Qualcomm 730 vs old boy 710, glass back vs plastic, triple camera set up vs depth sensor, you will find out that the next tier of phones in India that come with these features often sit at 40000 rupees.theres no other legit triple camera setup under 30000 rupees except the k20 unless you're talking about the pro, which is still under 30000. To Me that's the best price Xiaomi could come up with. Shows that they're still serious about honest pricing.

Besides Marshable India never said that they're expensive undecided they even said its worth the price. I'm Just comming from there. Here's a link for anyone to read and confirm. Bro Stop spreading lies angry

https://in.mashable.com/tech/4960/xiaomi-redmi-k20-overpriced-or-worth-the-hype

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
Biafrareform:

Chaiiii.

if this is still up, get her an lg g5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:39pm On Jul 18, 2019
Trex4:
In My opinion that price is the best Xiaomi could come up with. Factoring circumstances like newer chipset, no ads, Indian taxes etc I heared 65% of the materials are sourced locally. People probably expected the redmi k20 to be priced at the same tier with the Realme X(thats 17000 rupees about 90k)Although the Realme is good, if you acknowledge the upgrades such as the third most powerful chip from Qualcomm 730 vs old boy 710, glass back vs plastic, triple camera set up vs depth sensor, you will find out that the next tier of phones in India that come with these features often sit at 40000 rupees.theres no other legit triple camera setup under 30000 rupees except the k20 unless you're talking about the pro, which is still under 30000. To Me that's the best price Xiaomi could come up with. Shows that they're still serious about honest pricing.

Besides Marshable India never said that they're expensive undecided they even said its worth the price. I'm Just comming from there. Here's a link for anyone to read and confirm. Bro Stop spreading lies angry

Indian fans whine and cry over everything, even if it was priced lower, they will still nag. They expected the k20 to be priced similarly to the redmi note series, lolllll. Weird fanbase.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:42pm On Jul 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Indian fans whine and cry over everything, even if it was priced lower, they will still nag. They expected the k20 to be priced similarly to the redmi note series, lolllll. Weird fanbase.

Even if they priced it with the Note series they would still wish for it to go the price of the Redmi 7. You can't satisfy Indians.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by godspeed: 9:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
scotweezy:

So let's just agree, the one feature you Value above all is the size of the Mi9SE right?

That is the only reasonable point you've made so far in this Mi9T versus Mi9SE argument.

Any other thing na kabash abeg! Kindly rest now. undecided

Ok, let us also agree that the feature y'all value above the mi 9 SE is the processor and the battery right?

We'll be thrashing this on Saturday

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sinbo(m): 9:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
LeiderJa:
Finally got my RN7 today thanks to macbeyland. Phone's a beast and heads are turning.

How do I enable dark mode?
Congratulation And Enjoy Ur Device, Bro Can u pls give me ur digit, need to to make some enquiries.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 9:56pm On Jul 18, 2019
Lovexme:
Meanwhile, it looks like I've successfully gotten another Mi convert. cheesy

Also, I've got a Samsung S6 with a broken screen for sale. I'm selling the panel.

Hola if interested o. Thank you. smiley
how much
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

Apple ditch it for better life experience.

Say you are used to old technology, Wired earphones get damage easily my colleagues replace earphones every Month

Lol

What kind of wired earphones, please be precise?

SMH @ the bolded. (Guess you're new to wired headphones)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 10:06pm On Jul 18, 2019
godspeed:

Ok, let us also agree that the feature y'all value above the mi 9 SE is the processor and the battery right?

The Processor, Battery, Design(especially the Fullscreen), Missing bits on the Mi9SE(like radio and 3.5mm jack) and it is the Newer device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 10:09pm On Jul 18, 2019
godspeed:

godspeed you are still proud with this your arguement and it is paining me seriously how can you tell me mi 9 se has something on the mi 9t apart from infrared I can barely see anything
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:11pm On Jul 18, 2019
A great bargain tbh being the global version.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:13pm On Jul 18, 2019
genius43:

Even if they priced it with the Note series they would still wish for it to go the price of the Redmi 7. You can't satisfy Indians.

They are a strange bunch over there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:25pm On Jul 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:
Great bargain
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:46pm On Jul 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Mi 9T is still a better deal..

Mi 9 has ugly notch na..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:49pm On Jul 18, 2019
Trex4:

This man is showing our contestants how it's done

His eloquent and unambiguous use of language backed up by cold hard facts with unshakable evidence has scored him an unbelievable Mahrez like free-kick in the dying minutes of today.

Goal for this man. Brilliant, marvelous, super

19 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:53pm On Jul 18, 2019
crouch2014:

Lol

What kind of wired earphones, please be precise?

SMH @ the bolded. (Guess you're new to wired headphones)

What's your point? Exactly.. make it clear
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 10:54pm On Jul 18, 2019
godspeed:

Yes boys and gentle girls

It promises to be exciting, invigorating, intoxicating, intimidating and intellectually stimulating.

It's all happening right here on the Xiaomi thread. This is one debate you don't wanna miss.

Sponsored by: Aproko society of Nairaland. Anywhere gist is needed, we deliver. Contact us for your home delivery services today. ASN, gossip is our watchword!

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:55pm On Jul 18, 2019
atheistandproud:

This man is showing our contestants how it's done

His eloquent and unambiguous use of language backed up by cold hard facts with unshakable evidence has scored him an unbelievable Mahrez like free-kick in the dying minutes of today.

Goal for this man. Brilliant, marvelous, super

You guys should start making arguments with user experience rather than quoting one person's opinion..

Have you used or seen Realme X real life ?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 11:02pm On Jul 18, 2019
Dam5reey:

You guys should start making arguments with user experience rather than quoting one person's opinion..

Have you used or seen Realme X real life ?

No I haven't because I have not been opportuned to come across any.

I patted him on the back because he followed the standard rules of a debate and provided empirical evidence. He was concise and straight to the point. The link he provided was certainly NOT HIS OPINION. Sorry to disappoint you there.

Game on! No VAR check sir.

33 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by adamix(m): 11:14pm On Jul 18, 2019
fibonacci2526:
Its old na... mi 10 has bigger battery and newer processor grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:35pm On Jul 18, 2019
scotweezy:
@godspeed Bros! you sha no wan gree say the time of your phone don pass grin

I know it's very sad to see your recently bought phone get relegated so quickly, na xo me sef feel wen Note 5 commot angry But my Note 4 still better am sha tongue you can confirm from @Gptech grin

Bros, the note 4 ehn, devs nr gree make e old, for me, until any device don better my sound output(na dolby atmos Axon 7 ooo) whether by modding or not, na then I fit dey tempted to leave am. I dey with a Galaxy A50 right now, I nr fit use am listen to music even with the so called Dolby Atmos turned on.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:37pm On Jul 18, 2019
jboixxx:

Na so you take forget person....you no even mention me too. O Ga o
U don backslide na cheesy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sassyangel1(f): 11:44pm On Jul 18, 2019
Biafrareform:
Hello Xiaomites, my kid sister staying with me won't let my RN7 be. Always pressing and snapping pictures.

I want to get a new phone for her and my budget is 30k.

Please which good Xiaomi phone with good quality camera I can get for 30k for her. Please, help out b4 she spoil my phone for me

Please, buy from ifedith. He's trusted. Got my redmi6a from him and no issues. He also keeps to time.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:59pm On Jul 18, 2019
CitySect1:

I don't put on data overnight, I switch it off and it's been like dt ever since the day of unboxing it (I mean the idle battery drain)
Try cleaning your phone with the security app before sleeping, also ensure you clear all background apps.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 12:13am On Jul 19, 2019
Gptech:

Bros, the note 4 ehn, devs nr gree make e old, for me, until any device don better my sound output(na dolby atmos Axon 7 ooo) whether by modding or not, na then I fit dey tempted to leave am. I dey with a Galaxy A50 right now, I nr fit use am listen to music even with the so called Dolby Atmos turned on.
whc one be Dolby atmos again o?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tq0074u: 12:32am On Jul 19, 2019
Hello guys. Please can someone put me through on how to install gcam on my Redmi note 5. It's on Android pie miui 10.3.1.0

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DExponential(m): 12:57am On Jul 19, 2019
Gptech:

E dey advisable to root redmi note 5 now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 1:35am On Jul 19, 2019
genius43:

That means the Floveme has compatibility issues
I feel so

(1) (2) (3) ... (5528) (5529) (5530) (5531) (5532) (5533) (5534) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.