Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,322 members, 7,815,624 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:28 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5583) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9187081 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5580) (5581) (5582) (5583) (5584) (5585) (5586) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 10:07am On Jul 24, 2019
genius43:
Shout-out to Macbeyland for delivering.

I referred a friend who was also helping a friend to buy a Xiaomi device for the first time, and I referred him to this guy and he delivered all the way to Illorin. Thank you.
Guy, is that your house? OK oo..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 10:09am On Jul 24, 2019
geloorrrrdd:
There are about three entrance to Markafi plaza. Which of them?
The main entrance facing the road (not the underground ones)
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:10am On Jul 24, 2019
PaulThor:

Not my house, my friend sent me the photo, he is studying for his masters degree in Unilorin. Am not even close to Ilorin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 10:11am On Jul 24, 2019
michigano:
Please anyone with the solution to this xender app not to be able to create a hotspot connection so other phones can receive from my RN7 I've been able to only receive from others.. A friend of mine also faces the same issue with her samsung s7
Make sure you knock off your WiFi and Internet. If it continues, try other sharing apps like mi drop, files by Google or share it. One will definitely click..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2019
Nuel182:
I need this 11d screen protector, where did U buy it?
Macbeyland
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by giggspro(m): 10:13am On Jul 24, 2019
Gcam night shift not working on redmi7, why?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 10:13am On Jul 24, 2019
genius43:

Not my house, my friend sent me the photo, he is studying for his masters degree in Unilorin. Am not even close to Ilorin.
Ok then..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 10:14am On Jul 24, 2019
giggspro:
Gcam night shift not working on redmi7, why?

Works on mine. What version of GCAM are you using?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 10:14am On Jul 24, 2019
PaulThor:

Ok then..

But what if that was his house?

You have a problem with it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:16am On Jul 24, 2019
olayinkajnr:

E tire me o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 10:20am On Jul 24, 2019
genius43:

Search for Mi 9T Tempered glass, a good case (not a fan of follow come cases).

You can checkout Mi airdots, Redmi Airdots, QCY TWS, etc. Acekid109, Gptech come and give him suggestions.
I ordered the haylou gt 1 good earbud for the price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 10:31am On Jul 24, 2019
2kurupt:

Lol, boss you know how e dey be na.

Custom ROM addicts go dey say MIUI too dull or pure Android dey boring but ironically the same person go flash & manage ROM with major bugs like no Bluetooth driver, dysfunctional FP scanner etc just coz na custom ROM
Louder, pls.
Some would even finally settle for MIUI secretly after hopping from one AOSP rom to another. Have been using my RN5 for almost a year now... Flashed Xiaomi.eu (pure miui) rom the day it landed - smoothest, cleanest rom ever. And switching to a different rom isn't even in my wildest plans. I used Samsung for 5 years plus (Galaxy S2, S4 & S5) before switching to Xiaomi, and in those years I flashed a lot of custom roms (from Omega rom to Paranoid android to Resurrection Remix to AOKP rom to PACman rom etc). And I learnt one thing: NO custom rom will ever be as perfect as the original roms from OEMs! Forget customizations. There is always gonna be bugs here and there compared to original roms. There's always something the original rom does excellently that custom ones don't. Don't forget that most of these guys creating custom roms are just like you and me.. They do it at their leisure times without much critical considerations. They're not really professionals compared to the OEMs who created One UI (previously Samsung Experience and Touchwizard) for Samsung devices, Miui for Xiaomi devices, Oxygen OS for One plus devices.. The list goes on..
Look, guys if you can, stick to Miui..It was specially designed and created for Xiaomi phones for a reason. However if you can't control your urge to explore customisations & the urge to always be ahead of others, then AOSP roms (and some very customizable miui-based roms like masik, miuipro) are always there with open arms...It comes at a cost tho - random bugs! grin

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by erobes: 10:31am On Jul 24, 2019
Freeko4:
Good day hus

Where can I buy the redmi 7 2gb ram and 16gb rom global version in lagos and how much is it?

Got one here.
New open box @38k

Msg/call: 080 six871 three767
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 10:36am On Jul 24, 2019
michigano:
Please anyone with the solution to this xender app not to be able to create a hotspot connection so other phones can receive from my RN7 I've been able to only receive from others.. A friend of mine also faces the same issue with her samsung s7

Happens to me on my s8 too.. what to do? Use the recipient device to create the connection join in and still initiate the sending from your own device.. it works

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by waleyp(m): 10:39am On Jul 24, 2019
what interesting apps can someone download on a xaiomi phone sef? anyone you can suggest?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 10:47am On Jul 24, 2019
olayinkajnr:

It reminded me of something.. I have a cousin we sent money for school fees but he rather used it to buy phones and post it on FB. We ended up getting him arrested and jailed for a week. And yes, we had to give him money again. From the pic, it looked like the phone was above the budget. Yes I was wrong and I'm glad I was..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 11:00am On Jul 24, 2019
Dam5reey:

At least you happy that the icon is showing, however it still charging below 10 watts cheers..
U sure?
That is 18watts charger ooo
Sometimes I get 2000mA
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lordchiz(m): 11:03am On Jul 24, 2019
genius43:

Still get a Baseus Type C usb cable though. The current power delivery is just around 10W

Okay sir!
Will do just dat
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 11:04am On Jul 24, 2019
PaulThor:

It reminded me of something.. I have a cousin we sent money for school fees but he rather used it to buy phones and post it on FB. We ended up getting him arrested and jailed for a week. And yes, we had to give him money again. From the pic, it looked like the phone was above the budget. Yes I was wrong and I'm glad I was..

Lol. Well, na different scenarios sha.

Glad you guys jailed him for a week to learn his lesson.

Things I never joked with when I was an undergraduate (school fees and money for handouts).

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nilichs(f): 11:05am On Jul 24, 2019
eby001:

lol, that was at the bank this morning.
seriously we are not proactive in this country, that pole is at the most popular market in Ibadan. I know many do trade directly under it.

yeah, I have.

Plz how did you install gcam...plz direct me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 11:06am On Jul 24, 2019
PaulThor:

e never reach dem done begin dey judge,naija sef. Genius43 baba no even waste time to deny everything including people of ilorin. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 11:13am On Jul 24, 2019
Kpoka:

Baba, What's the name of this theme
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 11:22am On Jul 24, 2019
genius43:

You can enjoy your phone without installing custom ROM.

mykelshowz see the reason I was cautioning you about your statement the other day, you have in your excitement placed doubts in the minds of some people

enjoy wetin, since I was on stock miui all I got was lags and heat from ordinary pubg, its almost a week now with this pixel experience and I've experienced true 60fps with no lags.. If you don't geddifock ehn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 11:23am On Jul 24, 2019
iXavier:

Are full gestures on pixel ROM?
stock android one gestures yes.. Like you're using Nokia 5.1 plus but with better battery and game performance
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovexme(m): 11:25am On Jul 24, 2019
genius43:

Search for Mi 9T Tempered glass, a good case (not a fan of follow come cases).

You can checkout Mi airdots, Redmi Airdots, QCY TWS, etc. Acekid109, Gptech come and give him suggestions.

The follow come case is actually very good! It's plastic, unlike the one found in RN7 and below which is rubber.

Looks and feels premium.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mykelshowz(m): 11:27am On Jul 24, 2019
Reddington:

Louder, pls.
Some would even finally settle for MIUI secretly after hoping from one AOSP rom to another. Have been using my RN5 for almost a year now... Flashed Xiaomi.eu (pure miui) rom the day it landed - smoothest, cleanest rom ever. And switching to a different rom isn't even in my wildest plans. I used Samsung for 5 years plus before switching to Mi, and in those years I flashed a lot of custom roms (from Omega rom to Paranoid android to Resurrection Remix to AOKP to PACman rom etc). And I learnt one thing: NO custom rom is as perfect as the original roms from OEMs! Forget the customizations. There're always bugs here and there compared to original roms. There's always something the the original rom does excellently and customs ones don't. Don't forget that most of these guys creating custom roms are just like you and me.. They do it at their leisure times without much critical considerations. They're not really professionals compared to the OEMs who created One UI (previously Samsung Experience and Touchwizard) for Samsung devices, Miui for Xiaomi devices, Oxygen OS for One plus devices.. The list goes on..
Look, guys if you can, stick to Miui..It was specially designed and created for Xiaomi phones for a reason. However if you can't control your urge to explore customisations & the urge to always be ahead of others, then AOSP roms (and some very customizable miui-based roms like masik, miuipro) are always there with open arms...You just have to expect random bugs.
all that one that guy is saying is bs, xiaomi that has over 30 devs and numerous maintainers for it, they think its like any other phone, about 40 roms have been released for redmi note 7 and all are bugless
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:39am On Jul 24, 2019
Mckandre:
e never reach dem done begin dey judge,naija sef. Genius43 baba no even waste time to deny everything including people of ilorin. grin

Not mind me. But his response was condescending though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:40am On Jul 24, 2019
Lovexme:

The follow come case is actually very good! It's plastic, unlike the one found in RN7 and below which is rubber.

Looks and feels premium.

Ok. The case stuff is personal though.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:43am On Jul 24, 2019
PaulThor:

If you read very well. The phone doesn't even belong to my friend, he helped a friend of his to make the purchase. Even at that RN7 is not above his budget. He works, he only stays around school when school work is tedious.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PaulThor: 11:48am On Jul 24, 2019
genius43:

If you read very well. The phone doesn't even belong to my friend, he helped a friend of his to make the purchase. Even at that RN7 is not above his budget. He works, he only stays around school when school work is tedious.

Exactly why I said, thank God I was wrong..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:48am On Jul 24, 2019
mykelshowz:
enjoy wetin, since I was on stock miui all I got was lags and heat from ordinary pubg, its almost a week now with this pixel experience and I've experienced true 60fps with no lags.. If you don't geddifock ehn

That you experience lags on your device doesn't mean everyone does. What is the percentage of everyone globally who owns RN7 that plays PUBG?

At bolded please and please don't insult me because I don't remember insulting, stay within your limits. Not your fault anyway.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:49am On Jul 24, 2019
PaulThor:

Exactly why I said, thank God I was wrong..

No p.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5580) (5581) (5582) (5583) (5584) (5585) (5586) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Impulse80(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.