Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,663 members, 7,823,878 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5762) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9251414 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5759) (5760) (5761) (5762) (5763) (5764) (5765) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 9:53am On Aug 22, 2019
smiley

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:48am On Aug 22, 2019
Mlguy:
Big ups to Mr Noobody! First time purchase from the gentleman smiley and I am 100% satisfied with my delivered product cheesy. This was legit the most affordable offer I got for the OnePlus 7 pro (the 8GB variant, color grey). It took exactly 7 working days (excluding the 2 days Muslim holiday break) to get delivered. All my guy done sabi you now,... been giving out his no. since this afternoon lol.

Note: This is probably the wrong section to be posting this, I'm very sorry about that (newbie in the building).
the beast in phone form
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prince202020(m): 10:51am On Aug 22, 2019
Mark9854:
guys I connected my redmi 7 to a bluetooth speaker but my phone still plays my music through its speaker instead of the Bluetooth speaker... pls I need help I'm confused

Goto settings>Bluetooth>Click on Bluetooth device> then enable audio

see screen shots below.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:54am On Aug 22, 2019
ityP:
Lol. So una go finally leave Xiaomi, cos they clear want to thread the MTK path. They've seen that MTK chips are the way to go. Especially considering cost and performance. Una go dey alright Las las
i wouldn't be surprise if note 8 will be the same price as note 7 because of the cost reduction of using mtk
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:56am On Aug 22, 2019
2kurupt:

Bros no be lie.

If dem like make the processor be decacore, camera be quadruple with holographic filter lens, screen be Hyper Super Amoled with 99.9 screen to body ratio & priced at 50k etc etc So far as na MTK chipset I no dey do undecided
what if they were giving it for free,what will you do grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prince202020(m): 10:57am On Aug 22, 2019
macbeyland:
smiley

Get behind me Note 8, after this my note 5, next might be note 9.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:58am On Aug 22, 2019
Prince202020:

Get behind me Note 8, after this my note 5, next might be note 9.

Have you done the Latest update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:00am On Aug 22, 2019
ityP:
Lol. So una go finally leave Xiaomi, cos they clear want to thread the MTK path. They've seen that MTK chips are the way to go. Especially considering cost and performance. Una go dey alright Las las

That is a lie though. You are making it seem Xiaomi have never used MTK Processors before. They always use MTK Processor in one or two phones every year.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ethereum: 11:09am On Aug 22, 2019
genius43:

That is a lie though. You are making it seem Xiaomi have never used MTK Processors before. They always use MTK Processor in one or two phones every year.

How is the battery performance in the last few days since you made the OTA update?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:27am On Aug 22, 2019
visita:
Guys abeg come to my aid o. When I see unboxed my note 5 AI in may, the battery was very good and it lasted well. Then I upgraded to android 9 and the latest mi ui in June, and my battery no longer lasted as it used to, not to even talk about the abnormal dropping of 2 percent, like from 98 to 96 percent.

Now I received an update recently and thought just maybe this one might fix the whole thing, but this one is worse. I updated this midnight, then charged full to 100 percent, but as I type this post my battery is already on 89 percent from 100 and I'm just listening to music, using WhatsApp and surfing nairaland on my way to work. Normally I do this every morning on my way to work and I still arrive work with over 90 percent even if there's traffic. Is there anything I can do to fix this?

Screenshot the app battery usage and the about section of your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 11:34am On Aug 22, 2019
acekid109:
they will most likely sell another one with sd processor, they self know sey mtk no be the way.
Most likely.
Mtk for Chinese Market... They prefer it to sd there.
Then sd for overseas
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by solid3(m): 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2019
Galil:

That's a big lie, I use redmi note7 and it is 4G enabled

I know it is a 4G enabled phone but the nincompoop that answered me insisted it is not. In such a case what do you do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JulianoB: 12:36pm On Aug 22, 2019
solid3:

I know it is a 4G enabled phone but the nincompoop that answered me insisted it is not. In such a case what do you do?

In such case, you school the person, hang up and call another cc. You may be lucky to speak with one that is informed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:02pm On Aug 22, 2019
Ethereum:

How is the battery performance in the last few days since you made the OTA update?

The battery has been good.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by visita: 1:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
Thanks sir. Ive disabled it, and the battery seems to be draining normally like before now. But I still wish it could go back to what it used to be like when I just bought it.
genius43:

Disable WiFi and Bluetooth scanning. That is one culprit.

When you update your phone, it takes time for everything to balance. I still get the 2% drop but it doesn't affect the battery performance overall.

You can recalibrate your battery by draining it and charging it to 100% switched off
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
mistermorex:
I have Reboot several times but still the same.

If I install updated rom will I loss all my file or present settings? I'm using a global rom with bootloader unlocked

To be on the safe side, backup important apps and move your media files to external storage.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by epospiky(m): 1:13pm On Aug 22, 2019
Guys! How much is the range of duty charge for Xiaomi phones you buy on aliexpress?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dakid9(m): 1:20pm On Aug 22, 2019
epospiky:
Guys! How much is the range of duty charge for Xiaomi phones you buy on aliexpress?
i think it depends on custom evaluation of the item,some have paid as high as 12k or more and as low as nothing

its better you buy from xiaomi partner stores here in nigeria(slot,pointek,jumia,raya) or order from/through xiaomi dealers here

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:27pm On Aug 22, 2019
visita:
Thanks sir. Ive disabled it, and the battery seems to be draining normally like before now. But I still wish it could go back to what it used to be like when I just bought it.

Allow the phone to settle few days after an OTA update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dakid9(m): 1:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DeyGee(m): 1:40pm On Aug 22, 2019
Good afternoon.. Welcome to DeyGFix Tech
We fix android, iPhone and iPad and we sells UK used iPhones

Check my signature
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Xionez(m): 2:03pm On Aug 22, 2019
macbeyland:
smiley

This is gonna be fun.
Transsion are famous for selling phones with outdated SoCs for outrageous prices (like the Infinix Hot 7 Pro).
August 28 marks the day that we would decide if they are actually fooling Nigerians into paying huge cash for recycled specs.

Mediatek GT90 is a brand new processor. If Xiaomi can sell the Redmi Note 8 with a spanking new SoC for a lesser price than a Transsion phone with similar specs but having an outdated SoC, then it will be a real eye opener.

It will put an end to endless arguements. A defining moment in Transsions future. Very sure breaths are held especially as Xiaomi is holding the price for each unit close to their chest.

August 28th and 29th will be very very interesting.

14 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by visita: 2:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
Okay sir. Thanks
genius43:

Allow the phone to settle few days after an OTA update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 2:19pm On Aug 22, 2019
Prince202020:

Goto settings>Bluetooth>Click on Bluetooth device> then enable audio
see screen shots below.
tanx 4 d insight, but sadly it didn't work...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 2:20pm On Aug 22, 2019
DeyGee:
Good afternoon.. Welcome to DeyGFix Tech
We fix android, iPhone and iPad and we sells New and UK used iPhones

Check my signature

Abeg carry this your advert go thread store.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:21pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mark9854:

tanx 4 d insight, but sadly it didn't work...

Try it with another Bluetooth speaker
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hisholar2(m): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2019
nani667:

Use Mastercard ✔️
I will try that too thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark9854(m): 2:28pm On Aug 22, 2019
genius43:

Try it with another Bluetooth speaker
will do, but its sad though my redmi phone was the only phone not to work with the particular Bluetooth speaker, i jst hid my face cus i too hype d phone... other than this everything else is topnotch!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:30pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mark9854:

will do, but its sad though my redmi phone was the only phone not to work with the particular Bluetooth speaker, i jst hid my face cus i too hype d phone... other than this everything else is topnotch!

It is strange, mine works with any Bluetooth speaker

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:43pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mark9854:

Cc jboixxx
Bros, sorry for not responding to your mention, just came back from BANland now. I can see that Genius43 has been of assistance.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyeleye101(m): 2:44pm On Aug 22, 2019
yusuff4u2c:

NGN 5,753.24 10%OFF | 10-Touch AAA Quality LCD+Frame For Xiaomi Redmi 5 Plus LCD Display Screen Replacement For Redmi 5 Plus LCD Screen Snapdragon 625
https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/2Gfp7zOo
Which did you pick? With or without frame?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5759) (5760) (5761) (5762) (5763) (5764) (5765) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: iamlammy(m)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.