Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,576 members, 7,823,504 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:02 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5774) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9250688 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5771) (5772) (5773) (5774) (5775) (5776) (5777) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by all4kollin(m): 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
victorVIC1:
Please are Redmi parts now available in Nigeria (Lagos, particularly) as I need to replace the screen of my Redmi 5a?

It's available in computer village. I changed the screen of a redmi note 5 last week.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by picker(f): 9:49pm On Aug 24, 2019
OmichaelO:
"pi.cker", "pha.rmatasy", and fibonac.ci2526
What accessory specifically?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2019
[quote author=Iyazking post=81575978][/quote]

Added
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by victorVIC1(m): 9:56pm On Aug 24, 2019
all4kollin:

It's available in computer village. I changed the screen of a redmi note 5 last week.

Thanks for your response...How much was yours done plus was it at Xiaomi customer center that it was replaced or one of the regular phone repairs shops?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwkid(m): 10:16pm On Aug 24, 2019
[quote author=lavenderjade post=81573226][/quote] which kind gcam be this one ,clear gan
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jinbility: 10:18pm On Aug 24, 2019
[quote author=lavenderjade post=81573226][/quote]

nice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 10:30pm On Aug 24, 2019
gwkid:
which kind gcam be this one ,clear gan
It's Xcam Beta10. I already upgraded to beta11.
It's the best GCaM mod I've used till date.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by picker(f): 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
Good evening house, I saw an update on unboxing this mi 9, I downloaded it since last night and I just found it in the file manager this evening.
How do I update it please.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwkid(m): 10:42pm On Aug 24, 2019
Shegun010:

It's Xcam Beta10. I already upgraded to beta11.
It's the best GCaM mod I've used till date.
chai,,do you have link bro,Abeg drop am as e dy hot brother
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 10:45pm On Aug 24, 2019
gwkid:
chai,,do you have link bro,Abeg drop am as e dy hot brother

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6_1_021_xcam6_beta11.apk

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 10:46pm On Aug 24, 2019
picker:

What accessory specifically?
tempered glass most importantly and a better case.

If there is anything else useful I don't mind mummy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwkid(m): 10:48pm On Aug 24, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwkid(m): 10:50pm On Aug 24, 2019
picker:
Good evening house, I saw an update on unboxing this mi 9, I downloaded it since last night and I just found it in the file manager this evening.
How do I update it please.
it should be in downloaded_rom folder, So just click the 3dots at the top right, select choose package,then scroll to the file and select it.it would update

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by picker(f): 10:52pm On Aug 24, 2019
OmichaelO:
tempered glass most importantly and a better case.

If there is anything else useful I don't mind mummy
Out of these, I only have the follow come phone case and it's not in any better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OmichaelO: 11:06pm On Aug 24, 2019
picker:

Out of these, I only have the follow come phone case and it's not in any better.
loool. Thank you so much . Maybe I'll just take the pain and order.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by picker(f): 11:08pm On Aug 24, 2019
gwkid:
it should be in downloaded_rom folder, So just click the 3dots at the top right, select choose package,then scroll to the file and select it.it would update
this is all I saw.
I located the downloaded_rom folder but the 3 dots is not showing choose package.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by picker(f): 11:09pm On Aug 24, 2019
OmichaelO:
loool. Thank you so much . Maybe I'll just take the pain and order.
So sorry about that!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwkid(m): 11:17pm On Aug 24, 2019
picker:
this is all I saw.
I located the downloaded_rom folder but the 3 dots is not showing choose package.
no I mean go to the updater page (the page you were on the first screenshot) and tap the three dots at the top right. You would see it , then follow
gwkid:
select choose package,then scroll to the file and select it.it would update

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jaymichael(m): 11:23pm On Aug 24, 2019
picker:
this is all I saw.
How did you do this full screenshot please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 11:53pm On Aug 24, 2019
gwkid:
Thanks Man, shey this will work for RN7 right?

I use a redmi note 7. It works flawlessly. Cheers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by biznus: 12:26am On Aug 25, 2019
Has this anything to do with my not being able to download the latest update

Modified***

Finally.... I went to the "Download" app for the first time and granted the permission that popped up. From the last pic the downloading was taking place but Airtel time has elapsed. so another midnight

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JohnnyPalmer: 12:32am On Aug 25, 2019
Whizpeter:
Hello guys, good evening.

Some of you may know me on this thread, I joined the Xiaomi train some months back.

I'm now with Xiaomi Nigeria as a brand ambassador and we're currently looking at uniting all Xiaomi users, enthusiasts and fans in Nigeria and creating a formidable MI community of MI fans.

We have a lot going on already and now we think it's the right time to bring our Nairaland family into the fold.

To achieve this, we've created a WhatsApp group where we can all converge, share ideas together and make plans together.

If you've been looking for a way to get in touch directly with us at Xiaomi Nigeria with your feedbacks, reviews and suggestions, this may just be your opportunity.

Here's the link to the WhatsApp group: https:// chat. whatsapp .com/Hb07mpo3iydFD22UK0cGrl

Kindly remove the spaces.

Alternatively, you can quote me and drop your WhatsApp number, I'd add you to the group.

Together, let's bring innovation to everyone..... The Xiaomi way.

Peter Okere
For Xiaomi Nigeria.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lavenderjade(m): 2:52am On Aug 25, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 3:13am On Aug 25, 2019
JohnnyPalmer:

Add
Add me 08033330761
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gwkid(m): 3:14am On Aug 25, 2019
Shegun010:

I use a redmi note 7. It works flawlessly. Cheers.
thanks man ,I’ll hit you up when I’ve explored it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xpensivealex(m): 3:15am On Aug 25, 2019
Whizpeter:
Hello guys, good evening.

Some of you may know me on this thread, I joined the Xiaomi train some months back.

I'm now with Xiaomi Nigeria as a brand ambassador and we're currently looking at uniting all Xiaomi users, enthusiasts and fans in Nigeria and creating a formidable MI community of MI fans.

We have a lot going on already and now we think it's the right time to bring our Nairaland family into the fold.

To achieve this, we've created a WhatsApp group where we can all converge, share ideas together and make plans together.

If you've been looking for a way to get in touch directly with us at Xiaomi Nigeria with your feedbacks, reviews and suggestions, this may just be your opportunity.

Here's the link to the WhatsApp group: https:// chat. whatsapp .com/Hb07mpo3iydFD22UK0cGrl

Kindly remove the spaces.

Alternatively, you can quote me and drop your WhatsApp number, I'd add you to the group.

Together, let's bring innovation to everyone..... The Xiaomi way.

Peter Okere
For Xiaomi Nigeria.
Add me 08033330761
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sunymoore(m): 6:24am On Aug 25, 2019
Peace be upon to you guys.
Please someone should help me. I tried everything under the sun in getting my Xiaomi note 6 pro to connect to my PC through adb with zero success. I actually want to backup my device before unlocking the Bootloader. I tried Mi PC suite, Huawei pc suite, drfone and moborobo applications and non is connecting. I installed universal adb tool, tried installing the one that comes with Mi pc suite with no success. The Mi flash tool is also not installing the drivers by saying "unhandled exception occurred.... ". Also, the device is not appearing in the device manager in debugging mode. I'm very tired. I disabled driver enforcement.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ennymatics: 6:35am On Aug 25, 2019
Hey guys. Any time I try to play an audio file of over an hour in length on my Redmi Note 7, it starts over again after like 30 minutes. For example, an audio of about 81mins starts playing again after about 30 minutes without completing the 81mins shown on the time counter. I've sent the same audio to my laptop and different phones and it played perfectly.

What can I do please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mfunkynation(m): 6:40am On Aug 25, 2019
ennymatics:
Hey guys. Any time I try to play an audio file of over an hour in length on my Redmi Note 7, it starts over again after like 30 minutes. For example, an audio of about 81mins starts playing again after about 30 minutes without completing the 81mins shown on the time counter. I've sent the same audio to my laptop and different phones and it played perfectly.

What can I do please?
I don't experience that. check your player settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 6:41am On Aug 25, 2019
JohnnyPalmer:

09014143302 Add

xpensivealex:
Add me 08033330761

Added
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 6:58am On Aug 25, 2019
seaboyzen:

I have use redmi note 5 before currently use mi 6x both device colour fade under sunlight, but this K20pro display kiss kiss kiss
Thought I was the only one experiencing this on my Redmi Note 5. The color fading only stopped when I flashed a small kernel that supports Kcal. And the funny thing is, that wasn't the intention of even flashing the kernel
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 7:13am On Aug 25, 2019
sureteeboy:
Thought I was the only one experiencing this on my Redmi Note 5. The color fading only stopped when I flashed a small kernel that supports Kcal. And the funny thing is, that wasn't the intention of even flashing the kernel
it's not color fading, miui has this high contrast text mode that enhances sunlight visibility on Xiaomi phones, that's what is happening. I use it in all my previous xiaomi phones though, it makes a lot of difference in using the phone under bright sunlight

(1) (2) (3) ... (5771) (5772) (5773) (5774) (5775) (5776) (5777) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: oyaskii(m), suffy834(m) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.