Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,157 members, 7,811,327 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 09:24 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5780) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9169678 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5777) (5778) (5779) (5780) (5781) (5782) (5783) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:05pm On Aug 25, 2019
Gptech:
Also, I mean no disrespect, so many ppl nr sabi use camera, we don talk am countless times. Even professional camera nr fit give you excellent results at all times, that's why we get accessories to compliment them, like external flash, studio lighting and backgrounds, interchangeable lenses, etc. One day one lady give me her phone to snap her, surprisingly she first carry the screen brightness to maximum, I ask her why, she say so that the picture go clear well well grin. I don see people dey use phone flash dey snap for outdoors directly under the sun undecided ( totally waste of battery), some dey use flash snap landscape shots like buildings ( another waste, even DSLRS nr fit achieve such feat), many persons dey snap using their cameras to face the sun and other secondary sources of light ( expect a very poor result in most cases and issues with focus), then some expect to get same results under room lights as outdoors, some dey wonder why their pics dey blur indoors when snapping moving objects like ashoebi dancers grin ( under low light, the shutter speed automatically reduces by alot to allow more light in so you can get a well exposed picture. You can check the properties of pics you take outdoors and indoors, you'll see the difference in shutter speeds. In other words, your hands must be as steady as possible when taking pics indoors and with poor lighting). Enough of the sermon jare, Google get many questions to answer.

Pixels got everyone cover, it will optimise everything.

Even if you don't understand, Google camera is Just damn Good.

In low light it will bump up ISO, it uses how steady your hand is to calculate shutter speed.

In good light, it shot as low as ISO 48, for creamy looking images

Anyone looking for Cameras just get a Pixel...

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lastdiamond143: 10:08pm On Aug 25, 2019
jboixxx:

Find a way to contact them first and talk about returning it

I will send someone to the store first thing tomorrow morning

Thank you bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
OllyFair:
Message me on 08025238024.

Added
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 10:12pm On Aug 25, 2019
Kceefresh19:

Added
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:13pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dam5reey:

In low light it will bump up ISO, it uses how steady your hand is to calculate shutter speed.

Yeah, it means the more steady your hands, the better the exposure because of slow shutter speeds, and bumped up ISOs. Smart move by Google, but won't save from fast moving objects, so some noobs go still complain grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HolyTitus(m): 10:16pm On Aug 25, 2019
wiconse:
I love rn7 but d front camera is nothing to write home about.
Redmi 13mp is a big scam
you're kidding, I guess... Ordinary R7 default front cam - portrait mode not to talk of its Note

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Roh50(f): 10:19pm On Aug 25, 2019
jboixxx:

.You need to set. Settings > Sound source > Mic

Cannot still figure it out. Pls where is the Sound source under setting, I'm only seeing sound and vibration here and no mix under it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OHIsIManuEL(m): 10:23pm On Aug 25, 2019
Shegun010:

I've replied every single person that sent me a message concerning the Link and XML settings
Does night sight with the rear camera work well with that xcam mod?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:24pm On Aug 25, 2019
Gptech:

Yeah, it means the more steady your hands, the better the exposure because of slow shutter speeds, and bumped up ISOs. Smart move by Google, but won't save from fast moving objects, so some noobs go still complain grin.

Somehow it compensate for moving objects too, though not perfect but, I give it to Google Camera grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:26pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dam5reey:

You mean pixel cam app or what?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:30pm On Aug 25, 2019
HolyTitus:
you're kidding, I guess... Ordinary R7 default front cam - portrait mode not to talk of its Note

Nice one !

People need to learn one thing about phone Camera.

Before taking any picture, Clean the lens.

Dust and handling affect the picture quality.

That is why DSLR have Lens Cover, lens clear, and the rest, No phone has lens cover
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 10:31pm On Aug 25, 2019
Oyinlomobambam:

You mean pixel cam app or what?

Yeah, original Google camera, and not Gcam port..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyinlomobambam(m): 10:32pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dam5reey:

Yeah, original Google camera, and not Gcam port..

Please share link or can I get it in playstore?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:33pm On Aug 25, 2019
Roh50:

Cannot still figure it out. Pls where is the Sound source under setting, I'm only seeing sound and vibration here and no mix under it.
Open your screen recorder app

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:37pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dam5reey:

Somehow it compensate for moving objects too, though not perfect but, I give it to Google Camera grin
Dem do well for our body, if not those OEMS for really show us say the difference between mid range and flashship wide pass the Pacific cheesy.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by salvo583: 10:38pm On Aug 25, 2019
Myllz:

Some folks here feel I'm a Xiaomi fan boy.. this is my first Xiaomi device, I've used S4, S5, S7, S7 edge and S8. I love Samsung but they're overpriced, I realized when I decided to opt for the RN7 instead. One thing I don't really like about Sammy is the price of the screen embarassed I remember I got a fairly used S5 back then at Garrison PH 4 52k, d screen got bad after 3 weeks, Took it 4 repair and I was told d screen was 55k last, I nearly died. Samsung na correct fone but I'm enjoying the RN7 and I know it's better Dan d A50 cos I've handled both countless times, almost on a daily basis and that's my opinion. If you think otherwise then that's your business and your opinion undecided
The mi9t screen is around 45k too. I guess the amoled display comes with an heavy replacement fee
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:43pm On Aug 25, 2019
Dam5reey:

Those guys really sabi apply laws of photography, and some guys, even for direct sun light ISO must pass 100 grin. One good rule of thumb, na ISO go b d last option for me to increase to get a well exposed image, must first get the right aperture and a good enough shutter speed, well dis na photography now, phones get fixed apertures apart from the recent Samsung flagships wen manage get a meagre two grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:51pm On Aug 25, 2019
salvo583:

The mi9t screen is around 45k too. I guess it's the amoled display comes with an heavy replacement fee
I'm sure it's lesser Dan d A70
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TYglobal: 11:09pm On Aug 25, 2019
Myllz:

I'm sure it's lesser Dan d A70
And it has CGG 5 protecting it compared to the CGG 3 on A70.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 11:21pm On Aug 25, 2019
Gptech:

Those guys really sabi apply laws of photography, and some guys, even for direct sun light ISO must pass 100 grin. One good rule of thumb, na ISO go b d last option for me to increase to get a well exposed image, must first get the right aperture and a good enough shutter speed, well dis na photography now, phones get fixed apertures apart from the recent Samsung flagships wen manage get a meagre two grin.

Yeah, that's power of AI, they employed a Team of professional photographer to get best settings for every scene, then compute that into Google Camera...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by johnnyn1(m): 11:39pm On Aug 25, 2019
Add be pls
Whizpeter:

Added
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 12:09am On Aug 26, 2019
wiconse:
I love rn7 but d front camera is nothing to write home about.
Redmi 13mp is a big scam

When I see comments like this, I ask myself whether its still the same RN7 I'm using...

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:12am On Aug 26, 2019
Landforce1:
Where can I get this in Nigeria

#Redmi note 7 camera frame and glass

Cc genius43

AliExpress

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:13am On Aug 26, 2019
That's how I missed Gbas Gbos up and down yesterday.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:15am On Aug 26, 2019
Gptech:

Then if you understand professional mode, you will be on another level.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:31am On Aug 26, 2019
genius43:

Still trying to figure that part out.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 12:34am On Aug 26, 2019
HolyTitus:

Ziyech:

When I see comments like this, I ask myself whether its still the same RN7 I'm using...

Some people are so ugly, they expect their front camera to turn them into prince charming. Two of you have proven them wrong

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:36am On Aug 26, 2019
atheistandproud:

Still trying to figure that part out.

Just research a little on it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 12:44am On Aug 26, 2019
genius43:

Just research a little on it.

Will do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:48am On Aug 26, 2019
genius43:

Nothing fantastic actually, though you can enjoy a little bit creativity. You can only adjust ISO and shutter speed, aperture still fixed. White balance and the other small additions can be achieved with photo editors.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5777) (5778) (5779) (5780) (5781) (5782) (5783) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Solidarity9490(m), chadbasin and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.