Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,373 members, 7,836,515 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 09:13 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5983) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9360639 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5980) (5981) (5982) (5983) (5984) (5985) (5986) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:16pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Na wa o. What alternative will toy recommend? Google chrome or Firefox is no option. Opera mini is not helping
There are many out there to try, Dolphin, Samsung, etc, but none does what I enjoy using UC for nairaland.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hyinkar97(m): 11:17pm On Oct 06, 2019
jboixxx:

.Dash them bele jare...you be man na
You go give me money buy pikin food? shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:19pm On Oct 06, 2019
sheggsliveth:

Bro you still need to see the mi A3, I held the two together the A3 sharpness no be for here
drop pictures let's get inspired.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Na wa o. What alternative will toy recommend? Google chrome or Firefox is no option. Opera mini is not helping
Funny, I enjoy my google chrome like anything even for Nairaland. I download with it occasionally too.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:20pm On Oct 06, 2019
visita:
About 17k including shipping.
Brother, pls can u show us the pix of ur android TV box, and possible its model... Want to know for knowledge sake, so I can be better informed when I am ready
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:21pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hyinkar97:

She compared the picture I took with the one she has taken with her S9+
She's probably a novice when it comes to camera sha
Its a wrong way to compare, try and make her understand, people should stop comparing that way, it's like comparing the sizes of two shirts taken on different pictures grin. The weather conditions you took yours is different from hers. Things like dust, smoke which affect visibility affect camera performance. Even if you take two different pics at thesame time in different places, quality can never be totally equivalent. If she wants to know the better camera, she has to use both to snap at the same time, same place, same subjects and scenes.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
Gptech:

There are many out there to try, Dolphin, Samsung, etc, but none does what I enjoy using UC for nairaland.
Jboixxx has assisted me with his settings and I have followed suite. I pray it works. Will observe tmao by God's grace
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 11:22pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Jboixxx has assisted me with his settings and I have followed suite. I pray it works. Will observe tmao by God's grace
Ok, make we dey observe cheesy.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:23pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hyinkar97:

I was about saying that you get "Agbalagbi"s" for here wey go share responsibilities wit you. Jboixxx will be the number one God-father.... She he is pushing you into it, he must have plans for you cool
Womb shifter... My two hands in the air. Na from ante natal money u go japaa... U go lean pass teacher's cane. By the time you start buying diaper every week and baby formula every 3days, you go know how far. And their cloths and shoes dey cost pass anything else.... Even more than you as an adult.
Don't ask how I know cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:25pm On Oct 06, 2019
micxwell:

Funny, I enjoy my google chrome like anything even for Nairaland. I download with it occasionally too.
I hate the way it makes the phone drag one kind owing to its weight... And one won't enjoy it if Internet reception is not strong.... I need something light that can bolt wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:26pm On Oct 06, 2019
Gptech:

Ok, make we dey observe cheesy.
Hehehehehe. Abi now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 11:28pm On Oct 06, 2019
Hyinkar97:

God dey....so long no be school fees or wears you go ask for....food na small thing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 11:34pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I hate the way it makes the phone drag one kind oeikg to its weight... And one won't enjoy it if Internet reception is not strong.... I need something light that can bolt wink
My networks are fine both glo and MTN so they both open the pages at lightning speed. cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:37pm On Oct 06, 2019
micxwell:

My networks are fine both glo and MTN so they both open the pages at lightning speed. cheesy
Not in my location.. Snail is a rocket near my Internet speed . Na airtel dey epp my ministry now but uc browser just dey one corner dey use straw suck my data like "kunnu"
By the way, does mtn do double data parole like airtel?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 11:50pm On Oct 06, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Not in my location.. Snail is a rocket near my Internet soe9. Na airtel dey epp my ministry now but uc browser just dey one corner dey use straw suck my data like "kunnu"
By the way, does mtn do double data parole like airtel?
No o. Not at all. I just dey manage them. Quite expensive but I'd rather pay for peace and rest of mind. AIRTEL fit kill for my area. Wey you go wan browse your eye go red because of bad signal.... cheesy Its frustrating.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:54pm On Oct 06, 2019
micxwell:

No o. Not at all. I just dey mange them. Quite expensive but I'd rather pay for peace and rest of mind. AIRTEL fit kill for my area. Wey you go wan browse your eye go red because of bad signal.... cheesy Its frustrating.
Na wa o... 9mobile too get double data?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 12:16am On Oct 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Na wa o... 9mobile too get double data?
Na them Stingy pass.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 12:38am On Oct 07, 2019
micxwell:

Na them Stingy pass.
Na wa o. So na only airtel and Glo be fada xmas
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hyinkar97(m): 12:39am On Oct 07, 2019
okikiosibodu:

I was about saying that you get "Agbalagbi"s" for here wey go share responsibilities wit you. Jboixxx will be the number one God-father.... She he is pushing you into it, he must have plans for you cool
Womb shifter... My two hands in the air. Na from ante natal money u go japaa... U go lean pass teacher's cain. By the time you start buying diaper every week and baby formula every 3days, you go know how far. And their cloths and shoes dey cost pass anything else.... Even more than you as an adult.
Don't ask how I know cool
You no go kill me grin

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hyinkar97(m): 12:39am On Oct 07, 2019
Gptech:

Its a wrong way to compare, try and make her understand, people should stop comparing that way, it's like comparing the sizes of two shirts taken on different pictures grin. The weather conditions you took yours is different from hers. Things like dust, smoke which affect visibility affect camera performance. Even if you take two different pics at thesame time in different places, quality can never be totally equivalent. If she wants to know the better camera, she has to use both to snap at the same time, same place, same subjects and scenes.
Lol I know
That was why I told her she doesn't know how to snap
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by picker(f): 1:04am On Oct 07, 2019
Every time I lock my phone, any apps still running, close after a while and therefore I end up missing notifications from apps like WhatsApp, twitter and co. Please guys, how can I rectify it? It started all of a sudden, not like it came out of the box like that!

PS; I use Xiaomi Mi 9.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by visita: 1:52am On Oct 07, 2019
For those asking about the android TV box, that's the link below. You can select the specs you want from the options. I bought the 4gb 32gb version with keyboard included.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32982446027.html?pid=808_0000_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32982446027&aff_trace_key=9e98d2ecb21244088fb6e08745945d19-1554467335911-07466-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=1614amp-6XgF0tbqKNu7jXctKNdaMg1567427077922
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SFSNIPER(m): 1:56am On Oct 07, 2019
Jessewhyte:
128gb?
Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:17am On Oct 07, 2019
visita:
For those asking about the android TV box, that's the link below. You can select the specs you want from the options. I bought the 4gb 32gb version with keyboard included.

https://m.aliexpress.com/item/32982446027.html?pid=808_0000_0101&spm=a2g0n.search-amp.list.32982446027&aff_trace_key=9e98d2ecb21244088fb6e08745945d19-1554467335911-07466-UneMJZVf&aff_platform=msite&m_page_id=1614amp-6XgF0tbqKNu7jXctKNdaMg1567427077922
Thank you. Tried to open it and I am seeing other varieties on AliExpress..... 16gb Rom, 2g, 4g, etc... Pls can you enlighten we novice about the specifications... And can you narrate your experience with it so far?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SFSNIPER(m): 2:17am On Oct 07, 2019
Guys una good morning. I have questions for una.
Abeg oh, I just buy Mi A3 and e never reach one week.
1). So please make una tell me all I need to know about this device. The ups and downs.
2). Secondly, what are the differences between the MIUI and Android One?
3). What is Gcam and how do I use it on my Mi A3?
4). Clarify me on Chinese ROM and Global ROM.
Thank you all. Have a great week ahead.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:28am On Oct 07, 2019
SFSNIPER:
Guys una good morning. I have questions for una.
Abeg oh, I just buy Mi A3 and e never reach one week.
1). So please make una tell me all I need to know about this device. The ups and downs.
2). Secondly, what are the differences between the MIUI and Android One?
3). What is Gcam and how do I use it on my Mi A3?
4). Clarify me on Chinese ROM and Global ROM.
Thank you all. Have a great week ahead.

1. Mi A3 only downs as far as I know is the screen resolution 730p+
2. MIUI is Xiaomi android skin and it's baked with features not found on stock Android. Android one is a slightly modified stock android and it gets access to timely updates.
3. GCam is Google Camera made for Google Pixel devices but developers have manage to port it to non pixel devices and Mi A3 supports it. You only have to download and install no big deal about it.
https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6.2.030_B-S-G-based_v.0.2c_TlnNeun.apk

4. You use an Android one and you have no business with Chinese ROM and Global ROM but if you need clarification about the two see Jboixxx compilation list. It is there, it has been answered severally. No energy to start typing.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:31am On Oct 07, 2019
SFSNIPER:

Yes

It should be cheaper at Pointek N79.9k or so. And Pointek is opposite sherif plaza.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:23am On Oct 07, 2019
genius43:

WhatsApp Status is the culprit. Ucbrowser is still learning compared to Chrome in data consumption
It baffles me wen I hear pple saying chrome do zaps their data
Abi na my own phone ni?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:36am On Oct 07, 2019
genius43:

If his Mi account is signed in the thief can't use the phone even if a factory reset is done
U mean no workaround to this yet?
My advice is to unlock d phone from mi cloud to enable the thief to make use of the phone, it will make it easier for police to track
Police tracking ranges from 10-15k depending on ur location tho, some states may be higher tho, just ensure u knw som1 that will help do gud followup, police are crooks we all know.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:45am On Oct 07, 2019
Gptech:

Its available. He can get any phone or pc, log into micloud.com and lock the phone, wipe data or make it ring loud. You can even decide to leave a message with your number so that whoever sees it will contact you, not even factory reset will save the thief. In this case, will advise him to be patient and not lock the phone, there's more hope of retrieving it that way. If he locks it it's useless to both thief and owner.
All of these wont work bro, u knw why?
D first priority of the thief is to factory reset the phone and once dat is done, mi cloud won't detect the phone again.
Unfortunately, the thief will realise he can't use it after a factory reset
Once I get a new Redmi, I will try some workarounds whether d cloud lock can be beaten(if no workarounds yet), I'm sure d cloud lock must have it limitation as well

My Redmi 7 dat was stolen neva came online since dat day they stole it, so cloud tracking is useless
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 3:57am On Oct 07, 2019
fibonacci2526:
It looks like the redmi 8 will come with sd439, that's a total downgrade from redmi 7. What's wrong with these people? undecided
Haba
Are u sleeping already?
Abi dem wan released anoda RN8?
Pls wake from ur slumber
Mod: I'm rili sorry, was thinking u were talking bt RN8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 4:02am On Oct 07, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Because I'm not interested in rooting.
Den u have to keep living with bloatwares

(1) (2) (3) ... (5980) (5981) (5982) (5983) (5984) (5985) (5986) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.