Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,923 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:35 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (5993) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9182744 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5990) (5991) (5992) (5993) (5994) (5995) (5996) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2019
Ennyhorlar:

Pleasw. I need one.

The heat (radiation) from the phone has been affecting m

Heat as in increased temperature does not necessarily mean radiation. In fact most highly radioactive materials may not give off heat sef

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dreydoe(m): 9:45am On Oct 08, 2019
genius43:

Nope
can two sims with a memory card work on this device.. The sim card port looks funny.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 9:51am On Oct 08, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Will love to have a first hand experience with it. Guess I will get more ans. Thank you for your time

Watch YouTube videos. Search for the current top Android TV boxes then check their reviews on YouTube from other climes.

Nigerians are really yet to catch up on the trend due to data costs and limitations.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Timsilver(m): 10:01am On Oct 08, 2019
Buchika:
Please xiaomi gurus, my rn4x is taking a lot of time to charge, it's not like that before. For me to get a full charge now it takes up to 12 hours. Is it only me or has anyone else encountered same. I still have the original charger head and the Usb cable.

Change that cable and also try another charger.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 10:05am On Oct 08, 2019
Tolu95:

I have came across different person with the same issue using aliexpress shipping (Singapore post) on this forum. All update stop at overseas admins. So i pretty sure i am not the only one. I will message the seller sha

So china ordinary post wan kan better pass Aliexpress standard shipping ni,wonders sha never end
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Timsilver(m): 10:07am On Oct 08, 2019
quivah:

Hello momma. it's been very long. You still dey come here?

xiaomi show me shege though. As much as it's a good phone, getting the parts can be exhausting. My note3 had touchpad problem but I have to change the whole screen. I dropped the device and started using LG for about a year, that one too has spoiled now since last Wednesday. I then decided to return back to xiaomi for the main time. So, I got the screen, about 9k, it arrived on Thursday. This morning now I decided to fix it o, and the phone no come up. Even while charging, the notification light only blinks(whereas it's supposed to stay still). I realized I have to buy a new battery and I have searched but weytin I see dey scare me. The shipping fee is over x10 of the battery cost price.

@jboixxx my oga, how are you na? long time.

That blinking occurs when the battery runs down completely which is not surprising in this case. Try a different cable use a charger with minimum of 2Amp and leave for a while it would meet eventually come up. The battery may not be dead.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 10:31am On Oct 08, 2019
Another course mate of mine has just bought Redmi Note 7 o. The gospel of Xiaomi must be preached. The babe is just feeling herself now. But, truthfully, genius43 was right o. The camera of the Mi A3 is better than the Redmi Note 7.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:36am On Oct 08, 2019
Dreydoe:
can two sims with a memory card work on this device.. The sim card port looks funny.

It doesn't look funny, that's what a hybrid SIM tray looks like. You either use two Sims or a SIM and Memory card.

You have 128Gb in-built why add a memory card that will possibly slow down your phone?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:39am On Oct 08, 2019
Moso:

OK Sir
Can I get xiaomi note 7 for 55k
4gig RAM and 128gig ROM

I saw an ad on the thread store for 52k or so, check it out. There is even a brand new Mi A3 4/64 offer for 60k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tolu95(m): 10:40am On Oct 08, 2019
Luisema4luv:

So china ordinary post wan kan better pass Aliexpress standard shipping ni,wonders sha never end

I don collect 3 different items the phone case, scrrenguard and earpiece (china post shipping) i order the same day with the Singapore shipping

Accessories don land but phone never land
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 10:42am On Oct 08, 2019
Tolu95:

I don collect 3 different items the phone case, scrrenguard and earpiece (china post shipping) i order the same day with the Singapore shipping

:oHehehehe
Na case of buy tyre first, motor go come

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tolu95(m): 10:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Luisema4luv:

:oHehehehe
Na case of buy tyre first, motor go come

That case is real lol
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 10:49am On Oct 08, 2019
I downloaded gcam for the RN7 (3/32GB), but opening and closing takes long. I think i will delete it. She will manage the stock cam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:56am On Oct 08, 2019
ityP:
I downloaded gcam for the RN7 (3/32GB), but opening and closing takes long. I think i will delete it. She will manage the stock cam

Which mod did you download, I experience no such on the same variant here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 11:03am On Oct 08, 2019
genius43:

Which mod did you download, I experience no such on the same variant here.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sherozy(m): 11:44am On Oct 08, 2019
Tolu95:

same oh Singapore Post wan kill person I just jejely Dey wait to open dispute and get my money back...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:45am On Oct 08, 2019
[quote author=ityP post=82947099][/quote]

Try the one for RN7 PRO
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 11:49am On Oct 08, 2019
2kurupt:

Heat as in increased temperature does not necessarily mean radiation. In fact most highly radioactive materials may not give off heat sef
no go confuse the guy the more,he's kinda correct u know since Radiation is another form of heat transfer but had it been he threw in radioactive into the bunch then ur reply to him will be viable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 08, 2019
Hi guys I'm asking ds out of curiosity. Can my redmi note 7 give me an amazing VR experience with a VR
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dreydoe(m): 11:57am On Oct 08, 2019
genius43:

It doesn't look funny, that's what a hybrid SIM tray looks like. You either use two Sims or a SIM and Memory card.

You have 128Gb in-built why add a memory card that will possibly slow down your phone?
boss na 64gb b my fone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 12:14pm On Oct 08, 2019
ityP:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/MGC_6.2.030_RN7_V1plusplus_FINAL.apk

Thank me later

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:20pm On Oct 08, 2019
Dreydoe:
boss na 64gb b my fone

I thought you said Redmi Note 7 pro? I use a 64Gb ROM and it is enough for me.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 12:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
Sambaby7640:
Wow so even Redmi Note 7 can't play fortnite.well, let me wait for RN8 Global version then. Pls does Xaiomi have Fast charge? (Very important) Cus the infinix I'm using has it. It charges from 0% to 100% under 1Hr 50m.

The RN8 will also be unable to play fortnite. To play fortnite, you'll need phones like the RN7 pro, the RN8 pro, Ƙ20/Mi9T, etc.
Most Xiaomi phones support fast charging, though the cheaper ones don't usually ship with a fast charger in the box.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by huxman(m): 12:25pm On Oct 08, 2019
Bro
I appreciate your contribution to this thread
Been following it for a while.
Where can I get the mi9t today ?
Like right now
I am in lagos, surulere precisely.
And any other thing I need to know before my purchase wink
genius43:

Try the one for RN7 PRO
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tolu95(m): 12:32pm On Oct 08, 2019
sherozy:
same oh Singapore Post wan kill person I just jejely Dey wait to open dispute and get my money back...

We got no choice
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by naijasensei: 12:35pm On Oct 08, 2019
quivah:

Hello momma. it's been very long. You still dey come here?

xiaomi show me shege though. As much as it's a good phone, getting the parts can be exhausting. My note3 had touchpad problem but I have to change the whole screen. I dropped the device and started using LG for about a year, that one too has spoiled now since last Wednesday. I then decided to return back to xiaomi for the main time. So, I got the screen, about 9k, it arrived on Thursday. This morning now I decided to fix it o, and the phone no come up. Even while charging, the notification light only blinks(whereas it's supposed to stay still). I realized I have to buy a new battery and I have searched but weytin I see dey scare me. The shipping fee is over x10 of the battery cost price.

@jboixxx my oga, how are you na? long time.

Hi, may I suggest two alternatives. First option, if you are in Lagos, you can try searching for the battery at computer village; I have had luck finding older Xiaomi batteries there. Second option, if option one doesn't work out, try importing the battery from American sites ( especially eBay); bacause the shipping fee will be much lower than that from Chinese sites.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 12:40pm On Oct 08, 2019
2kurupt:

Like say GTB never do you things before. I know someone who had to abandon a corporate account & moved their business to First Bank due to their choking and inexplicable fees.

That Innoson vs GTB saga was not a fluke
mayb na u dey use am or me i no know... Comprehension i believe is d key here..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 12:47pm On Oct 08, 2019
Gptech:

U don vex jus now? shocked

You shock abi?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thorby(m): 1:27pm On Oct 08, 2019
huxman:
Bro
I appreciate your contribution to this thread
Been following it for a while.
Where can I get the mi9t today ?
Like right now
I am in lagos, surulere precisely.
And any other thing I need to know before my purchase wink

Check any Pointek store around you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:28pm On Oct 08, 2019
Dreydoe:
boss na 64gb b my fone
Come for your hybrid SIM extender (and memory card).

Click here to WhatsApp me or check my signature for ☎️

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:30pm On Oct 08, 2019
genius43:

I thought you said Redmi Note 7 pro? I use a 64Gb ROM and it is enough for me.
.I never use my internal storage pass 60% (that 60 sef na recent activities make am reach)

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5990) (5991) (5992) (5993) (5994) (5995) (5996) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.