Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,022 members, 7,818,024 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:04 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6021) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9202730 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6018) (6019) (6020) (6021) (6022) (6023) (6024) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:18pm On Oct 11, 2019
smartigo:
Is it possible to do trade off with RN7 to get RN8 with any of our vendors or any shop like pointek or Slot ? Just asking ?

Maybe, maybe not. Chat with them privately.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
jboixxx:

Software flashing ISN'T same as rooting. That's one of the issues you're having here.... Both are never same and can NOT be used interchangeably

Dude doesn't know jack about smartphone tweaks, yet making so much noise here.

The number of mentions on his Nairaland dashboard must be giving him orgasms cheesy

Its about time he is given the silent treatment, no time for nonsense cool

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:22pm On Oct 11, 2019
2kurupt:

Dude doesn't know jack about smartphone tweaks, yet making so much noise here.

The number of mentions on his Nairaland dashboard must be giving him orgasms cheesy

Its about time he is given the silent treatment, no time for nonsense cool

Will those quoting him listen?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sambaby7640: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
drjprince:
grandmufti Efcc,jboixxx ceo,noobody governor,macbeyland oga,fibonacci firstlady,gptech ceo,olayinkajnr oba of benin,genius43 administrator,madgoat ceo

cheers wink
U nko?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by smartigo: 6:24pm On Oct 11, 2019
GrandMufti:

Maybe, maybe not. Chat with them privately.

Okay, thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by destinysaid(m): 6:26pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

Please be honest stock cam back and front of the rn7 is not good. Even the stock front cam of the Samsung Galaxy A10-30 with exception of the recent A10s to A30s and even A40s.
To prove this I can quote numerous posts on this thread. And numerous posts outside this thread. And in further proof there is no time were Rn7 has not been mentioned without adding Gcam to better the picture quality

Stock back cam, your argument is invalid

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
iamteegee:

Please I want to buy a xaomi redmi phone note7 but I have an itel p32 that I wanna counterbalance.. so guys how much do I put on top the itel?

Look for a buyer for your itel first, else you go wait tire to swap
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sultan5(m): 6:36pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

How many likes your comment gets will be many truthful users of specifically the rn7 who uses Gcam without hanging nor crashing issues.

Have a nice day

Guy your matter tire me why arnt you open to new possibilities. Obviously gcam is a modded app its bound to have issues initially. But the one for RN7 is working perfectly. Its something I used today to snap a friends note of about 12 pages. Thats 12 pictures in a row and guess what it didn't crash one bit.

Yes we have heard you it was crashing before and am sure it will still crash again for newer phone models like RN8. But its a normal stuff when creating a modified app. If you are a programmer you will understand better. Hiccups happens but eventually you get things right. Which is what happened to the gcam for RN7. It works flawlessly now.

Don't be rigid in your stance learn to be flexible and open to learn.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sultan5:

Don't be rigid in your stance learn to be flexible and open to learn.

At the bolded, impossible.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dahgifted(m): 6:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
When will redmi note 8 global version price come down for good?
I don wait tire o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 6:47pm On Oct 11, 2019
dahgifted:
When will redmi note 8 global version price come down for good?
I don wait tire o

grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:48pm On Oct 11, 2019
olayinkajnr:

Will those quoting him listen?

Most definitely, and the sooner the better too.

I've never seen someone speak so confidently with that amount of ignorance on this forum undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2019
2kurupt:

I've never seen someone speak so confidently with that amount of ignorance on this forum undecided

It is personified bro. The sooner others understands that, the better.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abubakar96: 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
genius43:

Mi A3, RN8, RN 8 PRO, Mi 9SE

Which would you go for? Assuming you don't care about gaming but more importantly CAMERA and BATTERY.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by supersaz66(m): 6:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
I'Ve been calling you..your number aint going through and i cant reach you on whatsapp.since ive sold my whatsapp phone
orogodoganyin:

ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 6:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
2kurupt:

I've been waiting for you to come o!!
Abeg address the place he quoted you please for clarity sake.
Nor vex for my request because I want to read his response to it in particular

Acekid109 you join too o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Shegun010: 7:21pm On Oct 11, 2019
Please how much is the Redmi note 8 supposed to call at after price has normalised and is launched in Nigeria?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by udysweet(f): 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
Welcome me guys to the family smiley

19 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by udysweet(f): 7:29pm On Oct 11, 2019
udysweet:
Welcome me guys to the family smiley

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 7:31pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sambaby7640:
U nko?
GCFR grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:32pm On Oct 11, 2019
olayinkajnr:

The matter touch you sotey you forget to use blue colour font grin grin
Hahahahahahahaha, thick sweat!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:33pm On Oct 11, 2019
Mykcool:

Am responding to your request so others don't get misinformed and care less about that rigid guy's opinion.

Firstly my phone, the Redmi Note 5 AI does not support Camera2api by default which meant peeps who needed the Gcam mod on their RN5 devices had to root in order to have it installed.

Now to your question; I made that post with respect to people who fancied Gcam going thru hoops to root their RN5 AI in order to install Gcam. As a known proponent of non-tweaking of MIUI I was teasing them since I couldn't see why there was so much fuss about Gcam.

Thankfully current devices don't need root to install Gcam.

Mind you I still use my device without any form of tweaks (rooting or modding) and I've got no issues

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 7:35pm On Oct 11, 2019
Abubakar96:

Which would you go for? Assuming you don't care about gaming but more importantly CAMERA and BATTERY.
i think mi A3 if you don't also care about miui
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Codedzng: 7:41pm On Oct 11, 2019
Any better Gcam for Rn7 apart from BSG Gcam v6.3.0 7a final

More preferable Gcam 7.0 for Redmi Note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamteegee(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
fibonacci2526:

To be fair no one will want to trade their note 7 for the itel, sell the itel first and see how much you will be needing to get the note 7. cheesy

Even in computer village?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamteegee(m): 7:42pm On Oct 11, 2019
Tiger2020:
i think mi A3 if you don't also care about miui

How much is mi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:45pm On Oct 11, 2019
Mykcool:

This go only result in 'widening of the goal post' na. grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mykcool(m): 7:49pm On Oct 11, 2019
2kurupt:

Am responding to your request so others don't get misinformed and care less about that rigid guy's opinion.

Firstly my phone, the Redmi Note 5 AI does not support Camera2api by default which meant peeps who needed the Gcam mod on their RN5 devices had to root in order to have it installed.

Now to your question; I made that post with respect to people who fancied Gcam going thru hoops to root their RN5 AI in order to install Gcam. As a known proponent of non-tweaking of MIUI I was teasing them since I couldn't see why there was so much fuss about Gcam.

Thankfully current devices don't need root to install Gcam.

Mind you I still use my device without any form of tweaks (rooting or modding) and I've got no issues
Directly from the keypad of 2kurupt himself.

Thank you for the clarification... I don kukuma taya

If you're able to confidently turn this around, I will be convinced you're a troll
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2019
2kurupt:

Abegi! Root make u flash Dolby Atmos unity for oreo/pie. If u dey listen to music for only 5 mins per 48 hours before, u go begin listen for like 5 hours per day grin.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 7:51pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

Sorry bro,

But the whole post you quoted doesn't in anyway relate to the answer you gave. Yes I said Gcam doesn't worth it in another post. But in that same other post i said those who root their Xiaomi devices will enjoy the camera and the phone.

And it wasn't just a moniker but more than 2 major monikers on this thread asserted to this fact.

And to conclude why are you blaming for what I did not do, spilling hate to what monetary or physical gain?

I only referred to what your users had said in the past. If at all you should have any issue with what they said. You should have redirected it back to them, not me.
God bless us all
And when they were having that convo nobody that's feeling apprehensive now corrected them. On a weekend for that matter. I wanted to point out what they said but I left it to serve as what we call in law "Case Law". To be referred to in this near future.

You have problem o. Who tell u say u need to root RN7 to enjoy gcam? If u no sabi something, no dey put mouth abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
KngGezy:

Please be honest stock cam back and front of the rn7 is not good. Even the stock front cam of the Samsung Galaxy A10-30 with exception of the recent A10s to A30s and even A40s.
To prove this I can quote numerous posts on this thread. And numerous posts outside this thread. And in further proof there is no time were Rn7 has not been mentioned without adding Gcam to better the picture quality

Like i said, you have problem. I recently got the RN7 and Mi A3 for two close friends in school. RN7 stock cam (front and back) beats any phone in its price range with the exception of Realme 3 (Not common though). So if you never use RN7, just keep shut and don't come and be displaying ignorance here

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bukswag(m): 7:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
BoleAndFish:
I use the Redmi 7 and I can confidently tell you you made the right choice. Redmi 7 is even more battery efficient than Redmi Note 7. The pros plenty ooo grin I've had guys ask me which iPhone am I using grin For cons, I'm yet to notice any. From the pictures I've seen here, many guys got the 2-pin charger but mine came with 3 pin (pix attached).

Wow..
All the redmi 7 unboxing reviews I've watched so far (both the global versions and others) all come with a 2-pin charger. It's surprising yours came with 3-pin

Did you get your unit from touts here or from an offline store??

(1) (2) (3) ... (6018) (6019) (6020) (6021) (6022) (6023) (6024) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.