Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,199 members, 7,835,973 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6040) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9356625 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6037) (6038) (6039) (6040) (6041) (6042) (6043) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:31am On Oct 15, 2019
talut:

It's not necessarily wrong.. it just depends on what the manufacturer tag it as.
Infinix tagged theirs as X charge or flash charge.
The whole idea remains the same.. faster charging
One plus..warp charge
Xiaomi didn't improve charging speed par se... Still calls it quick charge just as Snapdragon meant it to be
Oppo... Vooc charge,too name quite a few
The idea remains the same, faster charging.
If anything technically,the term is correct
Probably he is talking about the terminology used... You
Know infinix has fast charge chargers and flash charger chargers. Using my infinix note 3, if you use anyhow charger for it, 7hrs, e stil fit never gain 50%. I once lost my follow come charger and couldn't deal with the charge time, so I went to Carl care for a new charger. I was told they were out of stock for the flash charger chargers but the have fast charge chargers. I asked for the difference and was told this one will charger my phone fast, but the flash sign won't be present. Truly, it charged it fast as a fash charger charger would, but no flash sign... It has "Oraimo" inscribed on it, and had two output ratings.
Once again, he was trying to correct the "terminology", not the concept. You also have a point... It was given by the phone manufacturer..... Just like U-display, waterfall display, infinite U, tear drop display,, V-display, Infinite V, etc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 8:38am On Oct 15, 2019
Mckandre:
manchi, howfar na, the park still dey ball grin kai pson done catch me
Hehehehehe. E Don tey wey me sef don go there. Its now boring. Na so so ads up and down. The so called adverts sef, e get as e be. The bug boyz there hardly comment on posts m. Only few interesting threads there now.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tjsadiq(m): 8:52am On Oct 15, 2019
anonymousghost2:

xb22 for 20k? that is a steal o....
was it new or used?
i bought my xb31 for almost 100k though..

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SRS-XB31-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B07CLCSSM2

is it the same one?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 9:39am On Oct 15, 2019
Who get better Earphones I fit buy for Ibadan?
I don't mind wired. sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 9:56am On Oct 15, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 10:00am On Oct 15, 2019
jboixxx:

...and someone would say GCam is to RN7 as life/air is to man.

I meant the gcam 7 killed the stock camera for night shots oh .. for regular pictures I use stock as I haven't had time to compare
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 10:00am On Oct 15, 2019
anonymousghost2:

mine was brand new though.............sweet speaker..
the lightning is amazing when u play at night especially when u dey with babe.......
chaiiiiiiiiiiiii

Until she starts getting seizures from the flashes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousghost2(m): 10:03am On Oct 15, 2019
tjsadiq:

https://www.amazon.com/Sony-SRS-XB31-Portable-Wireless-Bluetooth/dp/B07CLCSSM2

is it the same one?

yes but this one over cheap o.. be like used speaker
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousghost2(m): 10:04am On Oct 15, 2019
vanchi:

Until she starts getting seizures from the flashes

seizure 4rm ur stickkkkkk abi
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elxandre(m): 10:11am On Oct 15, 2019
Is there any decent wired earphone I could get on Jumia?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tjsadiq(m): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2019
vanchi:

This is 31.. different..

I tot He was referring to the XB31.
Anyways, I'm torn between the XB31 or a JBL charge 3 ( the XB31 seems cheaper now). which is better value?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 10:55am On Oct 15, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Hehehehehe. E Don tey wey me sef don go there. Its now boring. Na so so ads up and down. The so called adverts sef, e get as e be. The bug boyz there hardly comment on posts m. Only few interesting threads there now.
naso, i think whatsapp groups re the real culprit now unlike before. Well i guess man gatto move on, As of now here na my base, we chill here cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teeboy2300(m): 11:18am On Oct 15, 2019
Help my GcaM keeps crashing :
Device name redmi 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:28am On Oct 15, 2019
Teeboy2300:
Device name redmi 7

Try another gcam
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hardeycute(m): 11:49am On Oct 15, 2019
Teeboy2300:
Device name redmi 7
Did you make sure to import the file(settings) correctly?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Umarzy(m): 12:05pm On Oct 15, 2019
Does anyone knows how to format WhatsApp texts on Xiaomi...just got a new xiaomi phone, but i can't find where to format text like Bold, italics and strike through
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 12:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Hehehehehe

use FMWhatsapp.. Same interface as yo, even theming engine is a liftoff of yowhatsapp

Just know that instead of having a /Whatsapp folder, FMW will create a /FMWhatsapp folder
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tboydbrave(m): 12:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
Afternoon peeps. Want to know how much a redmi8 cost pls. Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 12:32pm On Oct 15, 2019
genius43:

Update your phone, there are some problems updates fix if you don't know.

You are still on MIUI 9 when we are anticipating MIUI 11 and some people are already flexing it.

When will that MIUI 11 get to us nah . Cant wait to rock it on my MI9T
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:35pm On Oct 15, 2019
Umarzy:
Does anyone knows how to format WhatsApp texts on Xiaomi...just got a new xiaomi phone, but i can't find where to format text like Bold, italics and strike through

For status update or for Whatsapp in general?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:40pm On Oct 15, 2019
Biafrareform:

When will that MIUI 11 get to us nah . Cant wait to rock it on my MI9T

That should be November if I am not mistaken. But Xiaomi can change the timetable of release as they deem fit.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:41pm On Oct 15, 2019
Maffyjay:
Please I need your support. How can I enable My wlan and portable hotspot on Redmi note 7?.
I can't connect to any Wi-Fi because my device WLAN is not oning and connecting.

If you are talking about using both WiFi and Hotspot at the same time it doesn't work with Android 9. Don't know if Xiaomi have found a solution to it yet.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:44pm On Oct 15, 2019
anonymousghost2:

i no know o. u cn check it online...
u can also get harman kordon speakers, they are fireeeeeeee

Haaaa! I haven't started getting oil money or FG allocation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 12:47pm On Oct 15, 2019
genius43:

If you are talking about using both WiFi and Hotspot at the same time it doesn't work with Android 9. Don't know if Xiaomi have found a solution to it yet.

Works on my Samsung on Android 9

What you should say is miui doesn't support it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:51pm On Oct 15, 2019
vanchi:

Works on my Samsung on Android 9

What you should say is miui doesn't support it

MIUI supports it at least till android 9. I used it on my RN5 till I upgraded to Android 9.

Probably there is something on MIUI that doesn't gel with Android 9 or vice versa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Umarzy(m): 12:57pm On Oct 15, 2019
GrandMufti:

For status update or for Whatsapp in general?

For whatsapp in general
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:00pm On Oct 15, 2019
Umarzy:

For whatsapp in general

change System font.

*** Modified.

I don't think that would even work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
genius43:

MIUI supports it at least till android 9. I used it on my RN5 till I upgraded to Android 9.

Probably there is something on MIUI that doesn't gel with Android 9 or vice versa

Is it currently supported?

I get am before no be property

Stock Android 8 , 9 and 10 supports..

Blame miui and not the Android version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 1:18pm On Oct 15, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Yowhatsapp and those other 3rd party WhatsApp worked on their mods Nd strive towards making it ban proof. The trick it to update your version as soon as a new update is released. After a ban, all you need to do is use the real WhatsApp with the number for atleast 24 hrs, delete the yowhatsapp and all its folders and reinstall. Many people got several bans cos they didn't delete the folders, I got only one ban. It was around that era WhatsApp was having issues

I was never banned but was given a few days warning whist using GBWhatsApp so I had to quickly do backup and use WhatsApp Business

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 1:23pm On Oct 15, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Yowhatsapp and those other 3rd party WhatsApp worked on their mods Nd strive towards making it ban proof. The trick it to update your version as soon as a new update is released. After a ban, all you need to do is use the real WhatsApp with the number for atleast 24 hrs, delete the yowhatsapp and all its folders and reinstall. Many people got several bans cos they didn't delete the folders, I got only one ban. It was around that era WhatsApp was having issues

Hehehehehe

Guys, something happened yesterday: what chatting with about 2people on my yowhatsapp yesterday and then boom, the chats were not delivering again, neither was any entering. I first thought my Internet connectivity was off. I checked it, it wa on, Internet access still granted to the app. I restarted the phone, issue persist. Issue remains unchanged even when I changed sims cos I thought the Internet service provider was having a down time. Now the thing is, status were not updating, but when I went to "themes", it could download new one, but chats were not goin through, meanwhile I didn't tamperbeith any settings. I restarted the phone several times, all to no avail, but on my other phone, the yowhatsapp was goin fine (I initially thought the ban issh is back). The thing is... Using my phone browser and other apps that required Internet, it was "flying" (4g) but my chats were not delivering until I used "clear data" (I backed up my chat history prior and my settings, esp my theme). Now the question is.... What could have happened.... So as to avoid a future occurrence?
And guys, I heard frm a good source that aerowhatsapp is better. Who is tried it out and can give us feedback?

Far better although some cheats no dy aero
No message scheduling
No full video upload
U cant freeze ur last seen nd still c others own lik gb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 1:26pm On Oct 15, 2019
Umarzy:

no bother e no dy xiaomi phones
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 1:28pm On Oct 15, 2019
IdeeEsperanza:

I was never banned but was given a few days warning whist using GBWhatsApp so I had to quickly do backup and use WhatsApp Business

i have never bn banned bt my darling gbwhatsapp went into oblivion,na confess kan full everywhere bt i dn dy manage aerowhatsapp sha
Bt if it is nt gb den it can't b gb

(1) (2) (3) ... (6037) (6038) (6039) (6040) (6041) (6042) (6043) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.