Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,164 members, 7,842,345 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 06:41 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (608) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9382135 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (9327) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 6:59pm On Apr 20, 2017
Lexit:

Lei Jun and Dam5reey, thanks for the airtime. It came at a right time.

All of una just dey share recharge card,well lei jeun directed me to giv a gift as well

First person to post at exactly 12am on the 1000th page,would win a mi 6 max pro prime plus or the alipocket equivalent.

Terms are simple,The post must be exactly 12aam nd it must be the first post on the 1000th page,
On behalf of me,alibaba,aliexpress and lei jeun,i declare the competition open. grin

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:01pm On Apr 20, 2017
tunzi:
i don chat them they said I should contact my bank, please how did u go about yours

Chat with like 10 of them,if there reply is contact your bank,then do,most likely a reversal shld occur,

I said 10 cos most likely 7 might be clueless,2 might be stupid,just one might hav the solution.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 7:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
princetom1:
noobody, them send a half baked person to bash us. Dem no try, make them go regroup. We no need regrouping, we are always ready to fire with maximum clock speed in all directions with the gospel truth. Am waiting o. Where is my gun (mi max prime)

Na only she waka cum oo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by primeson1(m): 7:03pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

All of una just dey share recharge card,well lei jeun directed me to giv a gift as well

First person to post at exactly 12am on the 1000th page,would win a mi 6 max pro prime plus or the alipocket equivalent.

Terms are simple,The post must be exactly 12aam nd it must be the first post on the 1000th page,
On behalf of me,alibaba,aliexpress and lei jeun,i declare the competition open. grin

lol grin

there might be part 2 for the thread when it gets to 800 pages or b4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 7:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 7:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
tunzi:
Please help I have a big problem I was funding my alipocket with gtbank card but on aliexpress its showed it cannot be completed please try again, but the money was removed from my bank now my gtbank is showing current balance N64 and available balance N32100. Went to d customer care 2day and they are telling me they sent the money to aliexpress merchant already that I should contact aliexpress, did that and they are saying the money dint reflect that I should contact my bank, pls any ideas?? sad embarassed
Log into your GT bank online profile. Under Cards tab, click on View Blocked funds. If it's there, then don't worry, it'll be refunded within two weeks.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 7:41pm On Apr 20, 2017
tunzi:
i don chat them they said I should contact my bank, please how did u go about yours

Some of them are clueless, do chat them again and contact ur bank again. Ur money suppose return not more 7-10days sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deedee27(m): 7:43pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gptech:

U never change am na. You need to change your download location on xender, in order to do that you must do something first. Go to settings - installed apps - documents, then enable.
Then open xender, go to settings and change download location to sd card

Thanks Boss.. You are blessed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
fibonacci2526:

$700 for the 6gb /256gb and $600 for the 4gb/128GB. #224,000 and #192,000 respectively.
tnx..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Yungbitz(m): 7:47pm On Apr 20, 2017
awofe20:
Received my Xiaomi mi5 Prime today from post office. What a superb smartphone. Using Redmi Pro Prime before and I sold it to order Mi5.
I await mine equally . Hoping it is available by this time next week
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 7:50pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dam5reey:

Hmm dispatched oversea since 18th March, Even if na trekking it should be in Naija angry, Did you track on http://www.nipost.gov.ng/TrackAndConfirm.aspx
LOL.
Nipost is down
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gucciboss: 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
dustmalik:

Switch your network Mode to LTE Only, see if it stays on 4G.
Yeah but this option has one disadvantage, u can no longer receive calls once you are on 4g only mode
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 7:53pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gucciboss:
LOL. Nipost is down
Nipost is always down.!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gucciboss:

Yeah but this option has one disadvantage, u can no longer receive calls once you are on 4g only mode

You can still recieve calls.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 8:09pm On Apr 20, 2017
Gucciboss:

Yeah, I know. But the guy was confused as to why his phone was behaving that way, so I wanted him to be sure if 4G is actually available.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 8:12pm On Apr 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

You can still recieve calls.
Only if your network provider supports VoLTE. Otherwise, only text and data would work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by hay2zed50(m): 8:13pm On Apr 20, 2017
Sprintx24:

Please have you been getting constant updates? And does your phone hit up? What are the general shortcomings of the phone on day to day usage when compared to the SD variant? Please Can you point me in the direction of a perfectly fitting casing?

Thanks for your help.
Ehm, where should I start ? Okay,
1)Constant updates, depends on the ROM(I'll assume you are global stable ROM) you are on, but SD variants get more updates, but it's not like MTK users on global stable ROM don't updates at all, it's not just that frequent or most times, not pushed through through OTA)

2) Heat up ? Not really except when I try to use it continuously while charging

3)General shortcoming on day to day usage over SD is definitely just the battery life, the MTK battery life would never match the SD variant. Mind you, it's not like the battery life of the MTK is bad though.
But in my opinion, I just like the way the MTK handles any operation you throw at it anytime, any day ! Everything feels very smooth and fast (and this is responsible for the shortcoming I stated up there)

4) About the Casing, I use a MSVII hard but tight case ( they called it tactile case or something). When you are ready, I might get you the link

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:14pm On Apr 20, 2017
dustmalik:

Only if your network provider supports VoLTE. Otherwise, only text and data would work.

No not volte. It automatically switches to 3G and switches back after the call
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ewerex(m): 8:17pm On Apr 20, 2017
[quote author=Gucciboss post=55754888]
LO
Nipost is down

You can always try between 11am and 12pm
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 40manlappy: 8:18pm On Apr 20, 2017
Dam5reey:
I'm amazed with the way this family has become, Ahaha, See how We stood 1 voice against the Aliexpress counter thread... shocked

Which thread is that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eleojo23: 8:22pm On Apr 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

This is true. I can testify to that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngpo413: 8:23pm On Apr 20, 2017
ennyhola:

they said they won't accept anything apart from The idcard

I told them I have BIRTH CERTIFICATE.. any other certificate... the dude is just fucking frustrated
I hope say no be national id card because I no get any o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 8:26pm On Apr 20, 2017
GrandMufti:

It only switches when it's on 2G, 3G and 4G mode, or 2G and 4G mode, or 3G and 4G, but when it's explicitly on '4G Only' mode, you wouldn't be able to receive or make calls, neither would USSD work. Only data and text would work.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie75: 8:27pm On Apr 20, 2017
Pls don't ignore again I want the app that can blur,cancel ,etc. Nb I use an iPad Air. Everyone is using it here,how come nobody answered me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:31pm On Apr 20, 2017
Cassie75:
Pls don't ignore again I want the app that can blur,cancel ,etc. Nb I use an iPad Air. Everyone is using it here,how come nobody answered me

Note i didnt answer you too grin

But nigerians sha,u saw topic name,xiaomi,u dey ask apple related help,
Abi ur apple dey run lolipop?
If yes download skitch apk,
If no abeg find apple thread go,abi nor be u be rich man buy rare phone wth no support on naraland
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 8:42pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

Note i didnt answer you too grin

If no abeg find apple thread go,abi nor be u be rich man buy rare phone wth no support on naraland

Noobody blood dey hot this night shaa.... grin
noobody:

Note i didnt answer you too

Noobody blood dey hot this night shaa....grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 8:46pm On Apr 20, 2017
emaminaj:

Noobody blood dey hot this night shaa.... grin

Noobody blood dey hot this night shaa....grin

Na my brand new matte black redmi note 4 global dey gimme inspiration,thanks to xiaomi online stores thou,6 days shipping grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 8:51pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

Na my brand new matte black redmi note 4 global dey gimme inspiration,thanks to xiaomi online stores thou,6 days shipping grin

grin grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:58pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

6 days!!!!! I than cart one mi pad 2! From them Sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by reptile1: 9:02pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

Just six days? U pay additional charge or na free shipping? Cos na that xiaomi store I want order from. Those dreami guys I no understand their package again..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 9:04pm On Apr 20, 2017
noobody:

You've picked yours? Got mine yesterday but it's been sold​ already
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cassie75: 9:20pm On Apr 20, 2017
Nobody cooluu temper. I love xiaomi phones. Even getting tired of telling people to go get them b4 they feel I have a stake oo somehow
grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (605) (606) (607) (608) (609) (610) (611) ... (9327) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.