Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,260 members, 7,836,191 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:32 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6104) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9357752 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6101) (6102) (6103) (6104) (6105) (6106) (6107) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mekanus(m): 9:47am On Oct 27, 2019
I have watched a couple of videos on YouTube comparing the redmi note 7 and note 8 speed, and I've noticed that the note 7 is faster than the note 8. But the note 8 is very power efficient. So I was wondering if the processor in note 7 is better than that in note 8. Does it mean that higher numbers in processors doesn't necessarily mean they're better?

I want to buy the note 8 when it drops in Nigeria, but if the price is not lower than that of the note 7, I will just get the note 7 instead.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2019
for those having difficulty choosing between mi A3 and rn7, or mi A3 and Sammy a30, mi A3 is better in both cases. however, depending on what you prefer or want from a phone u can go for the other option.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by toppzzyy: 9:52am On Oct 27, 2019
Mekanus:
I have watched a couple of videos on YouTube comparing the redmi note 7 and note 8 speed, and I've noticed that the note 7 is faster than the note 8. But the note 8 is very power efficient. So I was wondering if the processor in note 7 is better than that in note 8. Does it mean that higher numbers in processors doesn't necessarily mean they're better?

I want to buy the note 8 when it drops in Nigeria, but if the price is not lower than that of the note 7, I will just get the note 7 instead.

the truth is dat d difference is negligible, most of us underutilize these fones. I will go for RN8 because it's cheaper and more recent. Xiaomi go still release anoda mad fone for cheaper price after these, na just make person buy what one will be well satisfied with to do the job.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2sign: 10:13am On Oct 27, 2019
Mekanus:

Me too. I don't think it'll be cheaper than note 7, they should have reduced note 7 price high they've not. If it's too expensive, I'll just go for A3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 10:34am On Oct 27, 2019
abdsamad:

Come and help me jailbreak this thing. I'm tired of living like a homeless kid. I want the good life too
Location?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ehimzy(m): 11:07am On Oct 27, 2019
Please I have an issue.. my Mi 9T hasn't received any software updates since August.. what could be the problem??

Cc
Genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 11:09am On Oct 27, 2019
bazkid24:

I use Mi 9t as well and it has the ambient display feature

Doesn't really chop battery

Bro how's the gaming performance of this phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:23am On Oct 27, 2019
Ehimzy:
Please I have an issue.. my Mi 9T hasn't received any software updates since August.. what could be the problem??

Cc
Genius43

What MIUI Version is it on?

Share a screenshot of your about phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:29am On Oct 27, 2019
Mekanus:

Now let me explain the two processors.

SD 660 has a faster clock CPU Speed than the SD 665. 2.20Ghz Vs 1.8Ghz.

But the SD 660 is built on a 14nm process and the SD 665 is built on a more efficient 11nm process.

The reduced speed of the SD 665 also aids the battery efficiency.

The SD 665 however houses a better GPU, DSP(ISP) for gaming and image processing than the SD660.

It also have native support for the 48Mp sensor which the SD 660 didn't have.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Frazercrib(m): 11:38am On Oct 27, 2019
Slightly OT
But mi a2 lite users can enable band 28 on their device

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:51am On Oct 27, 2019
Frazercrib:
Slightly OT
But mi a2 lite users can enable band 28 on their device

How is that possible if the OEM don't activate the band on the Chipset?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jephz(m): 11:52am On Oct 27, 2019
MrGokay:

Follow your mind
with waybill to Benin 140k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Frazercrib(m): 11:56am On Oct 27, 2019
genius43:

How is that possible if the OEM don't activate the band on the Chipset?
Its a modification using Qualcomm product support tools and QXDM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:03pm On Oct 27, 2019
thanks a lot
rapthugx:

Yes you can, but it depends on the the bank and betting company. Example, you can't fund 1xbet with access bank app
The image below is that of access bank app.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:18pm On Oct 27, 2019
Born2conquer:
Thought my note 7 pro is splash proof.

Just small water touched my water and the screen has been blank since

Do not believe everything you see online

Sorry oo take heart

We learn everyday just move on

Even Some Samsung S series older models has been accused of fake waterproof ratings. Because your phone is waterproof doesn't mean you should test it by taking it under the rain or swimming with it. It's like owning a bullet proof car it is an insurance against the worst situation. Not something that is to be used everyday. Btw have you opened the phone before. Because I learnt phones loose their IP ratings once they have been worked on by one other than the certified engr
I flinch at the sight of water or oil near my phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 12:24pm On Oct 27, 2019
genius43:

This is the main Global ROM, it is yet to receive MIUI 11. So even if you change region you won't get it. Only the EU ROM is getting MIUI 11 for now.
That explains a lot. I don change region from Mexico to Hungary, back to Nigerka, still no update on my global rom. It all makes sense now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 27, 2019
Mekanus:

But by the time RN8 price drops to your budget RN9 may be out or about to be launched. Then what will you do wait for it to drop again. Left to me buy what is within your budget now.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jephz(m): 12:31pm On Oct 27, 2019
pls someone help me with best gcam for mi 9t pro.......abeg
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
Jephz:

Boss Mi9Tpro must be superb

I love the motor camera

I cant wait for Samsung to implement this tech in a more reasonably priced Aseries.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 12:38pm On Oct 27, 2019
Jephz:
→here←
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:47pm On Oct 27, 2019
KngGezy:

I love the motor camera

I cant wait for Samsung to implement this tech in a more reasonably priced Aseries.

Mi 9t Pro/Redmi K20PRO is a great/superb device.

Is it the A series that are getting more expensive per new model?

I doubt Samsung will use a pop-up camera on a cheap device. Even the A80 with a slider mechanism does not come cheap despite the use of a mid-range chipset.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:49pm On Oct 27, 2019
Jephz:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Kv1.1.9_6.2.030.apk

Next time visit the Jboixxx compilation list link below. Mi 9t/Redmi K20 and Mi 9T pro/Redmi K20 Pro uses the same GCAm port

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/1782#61425404
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uchihajt: 12:52pm On Oct 27, 2019
I just got the update notification on my r7..
Should I carry on with it..
And my region is Nigeria..

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jephz(m): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
KngGezy:

I love the motor camera

boss seriously it worth it ...this is the first time I'm using xaiomi.. really impressed..was using Samsung before...then nokia..and now xaiomi

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jephz(m): 12:53pm On Oct 27, 2019
genius43:

https://f.celsoazevedo.com/file/cfiles/gcm1/Kv1.1.9_6.2.030.apk

Next time visit the Jboixxx compilation list link below. Mi 9t/Redmi K20 and Mi 9T pro/Redmi K20 Pro uses the same GCAm port

https://www.nairaland.com/3092803/xiaomi-thread/1782#61425404
thank you sir ..I appreciate

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kelvo002: 12:59pm On Oct 27, 2019
EseAbed:

Are you on dark mode?

Nope
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 1:08pm On Oct 27, 2019
flawless911:
Location?

Lagos, egbeda.
You can just give me your own, we'll do a swap, I'll pat you on the head and give you a big kiss (if you're into that) cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 1:10pm On Oct 27, 2019
KngGezy:

I love the motor camera

I can't even... Just... Cmon! Seriously!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tosins(m): 1:17pm On Oct 27, 2019
My frnd redmi 7 ear piece stop working and he said the phone did not fall down , could it be settings ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:35pm On Oct 27, 2019
uchihajt:
I just got the update notification on my r7..
Should I carry on with it..
And my region is Nigeria..

Have you updated to MIUI 11 before? If not refresh the update or click on download latest package. Moving from MIUI 10 to 11 should be 1.7Gb
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:36pm On Oct 27, 2019
tosins:
My frnd redmi 7 ear piece stop working and he said the phone did not fall down , could it be settings ?

Clean the earphone jack or restart the phone

(1) (2) (3) ... (6101) (6102) (6103) (6104) (6105) (6106) (6107) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: gsparks01(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.