Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,495 members, 7,819,807 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:10 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6214) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9227333 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6211) (6212) (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 6:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
wiconse:

Please connect me to that person

I can't quite recall the moniker but he screenshot the jumia offer after placing his order, then later updated us upon receiving the phone.

Those kind of cheap offers pop up on Jumia every now and then, just be on the lookout. Or you can go for the mi9 lite for less than 100k via noobody
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
Just when I thought I have seen it all. Black Friday is a mad ass scam
Legal robbery

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hyfer(m): 6:18pm On Nov 09, 2019
kallmemrB:
it's easy.. Just create a folder in your file manager as Google Camera, then open that folder the create another subfolder as Config7 and copy what u downloaded into config7 folder..

Than you open the camera and click the here
DO I need to go through this processes for my redmi note 8?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
willsonsemilore:

Will it be launched in Nigeria

Chances are very slim because Nigeria is not a target market for the feature added which is NFC.

We haven't even had a good headway or a cashless economy talk more NFC for payments
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:30pm On Nov 09, 2019
anonyguy:
Abeg can anybody confirm if Note 8 pro supports band 28

It does
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by willsonsemilore(m): 6:44pm On Nov 09, 2019
genius43:

Chances are very slim because Nigeria is not a target market for the feature added which is NFC.

We haven't even had a good headway or a cashless economy talk more NFC for payments

Ok. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 6:49pm On Nov 09, 2019
abdsamad:

But how can it be "usually tiring sometimes?"
It should either be "usually tiring" or "sometimes tiring".
Lol. Prof.... Quick one... "same" and "similar", are they same or similar?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 6:51pm On Nov 09, 2019
dermmy:

Switch ON your data saver or get a firewall and create firewall rules.
What firewall will you recommend for a non rooted device?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 6:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
GrandMufti:

*#*#4663#*#*

I think
Na him be this.
No mind me, na free Internet I see today, I con dey jobless. Na so so funny funny pics I dey snap. @Jboixxx.... If you know, you know
Cc Tiger2020

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 6:57pm On Nov 09, 2019
dermmy:

Go to your network settings click on data usage it should be there. Download and install Netguard firewall but using a firewall and your inbuilt data saver at the same time would create a conflict in rules. So choose one.

But i use firewall, only the apps i use daily have internet access i have blocked the rest from accessing the net.

Gracias... Pls is it same with the pix below (1.3mb)?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OCTAVO: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
Is there band 28 on Xiaomi mi 9 lite?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 7:02pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:
Just when I thought I have seen it all. Black Friday is a mad ass scam
Legal robbery

You just found out? Lol...

Besides, Does your RN7 lag sometimes? Cos mine does and it's even worse now that I upgraded to MIUI 11..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:04pm On Nov 09, 2019
undecided
okikiosibodu:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:06pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

What firewall will you recommend for a non rooted device?
wetin you wan use firewall do again when you can restrict your apps foreground and background internet connections? You ehn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:07pm On Nov 09, 2019
OCTAVO:
Is there band 28 on Xiaomi mi 9 lite?

Yes

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OCTAVO: 7:08pm On Nov 09, 2019
genius43:

Yes
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:09pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Na him be this.
No mind me, na free Internet I see today, I con dey jobless. Na so so funny funny pics I dey snap. @J.boixxx.... If you know, you know
Cc Tig.er2020
You guys de copy our tips and tricks,aabi? Make I sue you first
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 7:13pm On Nov 09, 2019
kallmemrB:
Oga.. Dont take this as an insult am sure u must be an arrogate person.. There's a better way to explain that than starting with don't confuse urself... If I also reply with a harsh or foul tone then we start squabble like little kids.. At the end of it all we gain nothing than losing our self respect and integrity.. All that could be averted if u address ur fellow human with little iota of respect
He absolutely meant no harm. Apologies on his behalf if you feel offend by his choice of words. He means well.
On a neutral ground, I don't see anything offensive in his post. Probably you had a lot going on around you when reading the post, hence you felt attacked. No vex. Bikonu

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 7:20pm On Nov 09, 2019
EseAbed:

You just found out? Lol...

Besides, Does your RN7 lag sometimes? Cos mine does and it's even worse now that I upgraded to MIUI 11..
Yeah. I have noticed it for a while now but didn't bring it up here cos noone has ever complained here that I have seen. I use the gestures (I hated it at first, but now I just can't do without it: It's the thing I love the most about the phone, esp toggling apps with gestures. It's fun watching people in their confusion as they try to operate my phone). When I am using an app for a long time and sudden switch to home screen, it sometimes take about 3-5 sec for all the icon on the home screen to display. Only the wallpaper shows at that brief moments, before the screen flickers briefly also as the icons appear in quick succession.
As advice by my senior Xiaomite, wil wait for the official release for version 11. Probably they noticed some bugs and are trying to fix it. Me no get time and energy for downgrade

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 7:21pm On Nov 09, 2019
jboixxx:
You guys de copy our tips and tricks,aabi? Make I sue you first
It was kukuma on xiaomi website. I was sha "scattering" fiif forums there when I stumbled on this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 7:24pm On Nov 09, 2019
jboixxx:
Gereaway you
I have divorce gboard tey tey. It's not as intelligent as SwiftKey. Na na him saby book grin
Just wish swift key can allot you use the space bar control its cursor like Gboard. It would have been totally perfect for me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 7:27pm On Nov 09, 2019
jboixxx:
wetin you wan use firewall do again when you can restrict your apps foreground and background internet connections? You ehn
I feel there are still some background apps eating my data, that I hav not detected yet. Make I kukuma donlike nepa... I go first off data for all of them, con allow only the ones I choose.... Another approach to it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:31pm On Nov 09, 2019
Hyfer:

DO I need to go through this processes for my redmi note 8?
yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 7:33pm On Nov 09, 2019
genius43:

More like *#*#4636#*#*

Or download forcelte app from playstore
OK thanks man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Yeah. I have noticed it for a while now but didn't bring it up here cos noone has ever complained here that I have seen. I use the gestures (I hated it at first, but now I just can't do without it: It's the thing I love the most about the phone, esp toggling apps with gestures. It's fun watching people in their confusion as they try to operate my phone). When I am using an app for a long time and sudden switch to home screen, it sometimes take about 3-5 sec for all the icon on the home screen to display. Only the wallpaper shows at that brief moments, before the screen flickers briefly also as the icons appear in quick succession.
As advice by my senior Xiaomite, wil wait for the official release for version 11. Probably they noticed some bugs and are trying to fix it. Me no get time and energy for downgrade

And I been dey think say na only me.. Anyhow sha, make we manage am like that until...

Do you have an idea if a higher ram model will fix it?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 7:35pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

No they're not the same

Examples:
"You're holding the same pen your father used yesterday."

"The pen you're holding is similar to the one your father used yesterday."

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
Redmi Note 8 users that upgraded from RN7, how far? How is the performance? Better or worse? Make una help us O...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:39pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

He absolutely meant no harm. Apologies on his behalf if you feel offend by his choice of words. He means well.
On a neutral ground, I don't see anything offensive in his post. Probably you had a lot going on around you when reading the post, hence you felt attacked. No vex. Bikonu
thanks Boss.. All in peace

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 7:54pm On Nov 09, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Na 3GB or 4GB ram RN7 you dey use?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:56pm On Nov 09, 2019
abdsamad:

No they're not the same

Examples:
"You're holding the same pen your father used yesterday."

"The pen you're holding is similar to the one your father used yesterday."
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:58pm On Nov 09, 2019
Default01:
Mi A3
whoa... that's a theme I believe.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mosho2good: 8:05pm On Nov 09, 2019
Finally upgrade to MIUI GLOBAL 11.0.2 on my Redmi 7 can anyone tell me what features can I enjoy on the MIUI 11

(1) (2) (3) ... (6211) (6212) (6213) (6214) (6215) (6216) (6217) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.