Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,773 members, 7,817,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6225) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9198849 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6222) (6223) (6224) (6225) (6226) (6227) (6228) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2019
Mark9854:

actually not true brother, I downloaded the cracked full version a while ago from a 3rd party site and it worked flawlessly... I deleted it though cuz I prefer black player ex...

Wow! I've found my twin! Blackplayer or no other!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Fayulas: 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2019
That's my budget sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 9:07pm On Nov 10, 2019
acekid109:
i use accubattery for battery health estimation, it's fairly accurate
Thanks. I've downloaded it. Is that average discharging rate similar to what you get on your device as well?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
okikiosibodu:
Out of curiosity.... is there mate screen protection for RN7?
cc: Gidie.berry, Anonym.ousey, Jboi.xx.x, Olayin.kajnr... 3 "G"s
Plenty sef
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 9:08pm On Nov 10, 2019
GrandMufti:

Sorry it requires root privilege, try the one recommended below

My phone is rooted cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 9:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
genius43:

Actually Mi A3 has a better camera setup that RN8. It comes with Sony IMX 586 48Mp sensor mostly found on flagships compared to the Samsung GM2 on the RN8, it's battery should last longer because of the resolution and Stock android.

It's performance would also be slightly better because stock android runs on lesser resources.

A little research helps. That RN8 has 4 cameras doesn't really make it better.

As far as am concern the only thing it has over Mi A3 is the display resolution, the other is MIUI which is subjective to personal taste and opinion

Battery on both are practically the same o. The camera aspect is correct. Mi A3 is slightly better, especially in selfies. Performance is actually very similar on both. Truthfully though, forget paper specs, the Mi A3's amoled screen is way more eye catchy and pleasing than the Redmi Note 8.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NCANCHAIR(m): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2019
Should I get the note 8 or Mi a3. I'm confused because I like the features of Mi a3 especially the AMOLED display and the battery strength but can't use the MIUI second space on it. Advice needed please my fellaz.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hyfer:
Pls, someone said something about an app that helps you select a particular part of a song as ringtone. Can anyone help me with the app.
it's your same MIUI music player
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 9:13pm On Nov 10, 2019
AirVaans:
Fam, As far as camera is concerned, RN8 has macro lens support which A3 does not have,,, and hell RN8 takes better picture than A3... And Performances, please don't bring stock Android ish here, that shit is a Myth... Both phones got same chipsets and perform at equal rate, Android One doesn't make shit better

I agree with you on all fronts but one. The camera. Mi A3 is actually better than the Redmi Note 8. Both back and front cam. With gcam on both sef, Mi A3 blows Redmi Note 8 away. Except if someone is very much interested in macro shots, which is a rarity for many.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EseAbed: 9:15pm On Nov 10, 2019
Hyfer:
Pls, someone said something about an app that helps you select a particular part of a song as ringtone. Can anyone help me with the app.

Check your Mi Music App.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 9:17pm On Nov 10, 2019
Default01:

Sorry bro MI A3 camera is the best in its class.

Sony IMX586(MI a3) vs Samsung GM1 (note cool What’s the difference?
The Sony IMX586 has a true 48 million pixels resolution. By using the phone’s camera in 3:4H mode, you can get pictures with great details and high-sharpness. Zooming into these pictures will not lose the quality or break the pixels.

On the other hand, Samsung uses pixel interpolation to convert a 12MP picture into 48MP for its GM1 sensor. The software part here completely damages a picture. Zooming in on a picture taken by Samsung GM1 will immediately show you how it damages the quality.
The Sony IMX586, for now, is definitely a better choice over the Samsung GM1 sensor

Check YouTube reviews.

Forget reviews sef. I've taken pictures on both. Mi A3 is better. Both selfies and main cam.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by isco10(m): 9:22pm On Nov 10, 2019
acekid109:
LG cheesy, na resale value be the problem, the dac is their phones are freaking good
Refurbished LG
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 9:24pm On Nov 10, 2019
flawless911:
Poweramp is better yes but its damn ugly.. Also m not an audio engineer so I don't need the excessive sound tweaks it offers.. So hence why I suggest the inbuilt Miui sound engine + Stellio for people like me.. Its all a matter of preference

P.S. Poweramp no even reach ViperFX for audio.. That one na god of sound

Oga I am in love with the ugliness.
No be fine I wan chop.
I already told you that I viper fx n Dolby Atmos is the best but in some cases you will have to root... Poweramp is dope

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 9:32pm On Nov 10, 2019
sureteeboy:

Thanks. I've downloaded it. Is that average discharging rate similar to what you get on your device as well?
I don't use your device, you'll get an estimate of battery health in the app. Leave it for a while to monitor the battery, it will show how many mah remain out of the stated battery capacity

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 9:33pm On Nov 10, 2019
NCANCHAIR:
Should I get the note 8 or Mi a3. I'm confused because I like the features of Mi a3 especially the AMOLED display and the battery strength but can't use the MIUI second space on it. Advice needed please my fellaz.
Thanks
buy both nd enjoy

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
NCANCHAIR:
Thanks

You still never pick one?
The way you are going, you fit dey here till Mi A5 o. grin

Thing is, you can't have your cake and eat it.
There will always be compromises to make. Especially at the mid-range level.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by acekid109(m): 9:34pm On Nov 10, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
abi oo , but for that price and features it offers, na to forget resale value
sure, and i think it is upgradeable to pie also
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 9:36pm On Nov 10, 2019
Mckandre:
buy both nd enjoy

grin grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 9:39pm On Nov 10, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:
I just got my redmi note 8 today and tempered glass which fits perfectly from Gidieberry.

More to come.
appreciate this from u boss..
Remember, a customer's satisfaction is better than a profit obtained from customers' dissatisfaction
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:42pm On Nov 10, 2019
Youngsage:

You still never pick one?
The way you are going, you fit dey here till Mi A5 o. grin

Thing is, you can't have your cake and eat it.
There will always be compromises to make. Especially at the mid-range level.

Even Flagships these days compromises dey
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Spartan1203(m): 9:50pm On Nov 10, 2019
GrandMufti:

Go to system apps and clear cache of updater app, reboot and try again
Chief. I tried this but didn't work o. Any other means.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 9:57pm On Nov 10, 2019
olayinkajnr:

This is what I use sha
BABA you like bass gan o. Thanks, cause I will be listening to music now on my phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 10, 2019
flawless911:
thanks bro, for this eye opener...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Blueivey: 9:59pm On Nov 10, 2019
gidieberry:
appreciate this from u boss..
Remember, a customer's satisfaction is better than a profit obtained from customer's dissatisfaction
Send me your number, i need one too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
paradigmshift:

Oga I am in love with the ugliness.
No be fine I wan chop.
I already told you that I viper fx n Dolby Atmos is the best but in some cases you will have to root... Poweramp is dope
Hope u know that my initial post tagged no one.. If u like poweramp, good for u.. So please hop off my mentions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 10:05pm On Nov 10, 2019
wamiikechukwu:

thanks bro, for this eye opener...
U are welcome bro cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 10, 2019
Umarzy:

Wow.. Thanks
yeah! It's nothing
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 10:09pm On Nov 10, 2019
Please nobody should mention me telling me about poweramp.. My initial post was for those that may not be able to get that cracked version of poweramp, to show them that an alternative exists.. If u like poweramp, good for u, I have used it for a few years as well.. But now I prefer Stellio and use Miui for my sound needs..

Try to read and comprehend things before defending what nobody asked u to

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 10:10pm On Nov 10, 2019
olayinkajnr:

This is what I use sha

That your earpiece no get bass at all. If it does, the sound will be distorted with what you set that your bass to. shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2019
Shegun010:

Bro are you running on MiUi? Or a custom ROM?
Miui
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:12pm On Nov 10, 2019
Kvngwitty:

I cleared cache and reboot but no update available yet
I switched region to Hong Kong and Mexico then reboot and still got nothing

It'll come

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 10:13pm On Nov 10, 2019
flawless911:
Please nobody should mention me telling me about poweramp.. My initial post was for those that may not be able to get that cracked version of poweramp, to show them that an alternative exists.. If u like poweramp, good for u, I have used it for a few years as well.. But now I prefer Stellio and use Miui for my sound needs..

Try to read and comprehend things before defending what nobody asked u to

The truth is that with the inbuilt sound engine, when properly tweaked, in combination with the sound settings on any average music player will produce good sounds.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6222) (6223) (6224) (6225) (6226) (6227) (6228) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.