Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,037 members, 7,838,591 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 06:02 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (635) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9368698 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (9325) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JandyJ(m): 4:35pm On Apr 23, 2017
ubev01:

For now only mi note 2 selling above 500 dollar
500 Dollar? God Forbid
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JandyJ(m): 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
4llerbuntu:

Redmi Note 3 Special Edition
How Much Pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rookidmart: 4:36pm On Apr 23, 2017
sureteeboy:
Princetom1 Pls, how much is the xiaomi redmi 4x pro in naira. I want to get the phone.
Check the price​ on AliExpress, multiply it by 320 or 325.

Read the FAQ on my signature.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 4:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
Doskit:

MTN

I think MTN has issues generally. I'm only able to connect in selected locations.

I'm unable to use my MTN to browse when I'm at home. But connectivity with my Airtel line is amazing. It reaches even 2mb/s on H+.

But MTN is a no show. Why not try out another network.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:46pm On Apr 23, 2017
lagosboy3:

I think MTN has issues generally. I'm only able to connect in selected locations.

I'm unable to use my MTN to browse when I'm at home. But connectivity with my Airtel line is amazing. It reaches even 2mb/s on H+.

But MTN is a no show. Why not try out another network.

How's the performance of the zuk z2,considering it as a backup phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fF01(m): 4:52pm On Apr 23, 2017
fibonacci2526:

The battery no dey gree die.
that part cracks me up real hard, lmao!! na dat kind battery I dey find cuz my hand no dey free comot for phone. #basedOnHustle.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ironprocs(m): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
Doskit:

It goes back to Edge. Always.
What sim slot is it in?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gentleiris(m): 4:55pm On Apr 23, 2017
rookidmart:

Check the price​ on AliExpress, multiply it by 320 or 325.

Read the FAQ on my signature.
Approxiamately 49k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ekesoft(m): 4:56pm On Apr 23, 2017
I saw ulefone Gemini.. On Ali express for 40k...3gb ram 32gbrom..dual camera 3500mah.... I kinda like it but am not sure about the standard of the phone is their anyone here that has use that produce.... Pls do well too inform me abt the phone standard pls... B4 I order it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KingOfThePay(m): 4:58pm On Apr 23, 2017
Mckandre:
e be like our devices were on same plane,possibly same cargo cool

Confirm.
Expecting the call to come tommorow
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
fF01:

thank you sir, Airtel nkor?

Airtel does not have 4G network
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 5:06pm On Apr 23, 2017
ekesoft:
I saw ulefone Gemini.. On Ali express for 40k...3gb ram 32gbrom..dual camera 3500mah.... I kinda like it but am not sure about the standard of the phone is their anyone here that has use that produce.... Pls do well too inform me abt the phone standard pls... B4 I order it

Stay on the safe side, use a xiaomi

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
rookidmart:

Welcome to the Xiaomi thread. (Pronounced Shao-mi eg, Shao-mi the money tongue)
Prerequisites:
-A GTB and Access Bank account enabled for internet banking. Other banks eg Stanbic, FCMB etc work but you'll be charged at a higher rate.
(You'll need 2 accounts because your order is above $100 and due to the forex crisis banks limit forex transactions to $100 monthly. FYI GTB charges ₦320/$ and Access Bank charges ₦325/$)

Note that the monthly limit is every calendar month, meaning that you can use your $100 on the ending of one month and by the next day you can use the monthly limit for the next month.
For example, you can use your March limit on the 31st of March and by 1st April you get to use your allotment for April without waiting for 31st April.

Prerequisites:
-An AliExpress account
-Aliexpress app on your phone (new members get coupons)
Activating Your Card For Internet Transactions
Have you paid for stuff online before, whether Nigerian or international sites?
If no then you'll have to activate your card for internet banking.
For VISA card you'll need to go to your bank's ATM(I hear you can use any ATM) slot in your ATM and insert your PIN.
Then select "Change PIN"
You'll see a "Change I-PIN" button, click on it.
Now insert your I-PIN (something easy to remember but hard to forget)
For added security use a different pin from your usual ATM pin so if one is compromised the other is safe.
The I-PIN is the PIN you'll use to verify the transaction if you want to buy things online.

For MasterCard eg GTB's MasterCard, you'll have to go to the branch and fill a form to enable internet banking.

Funding AliExpress Pocket
Download the app, create an account.
On the My Account tab on the app you'll see My AliExpress Pocket, click on it and fund your AliExpress Pocket with about $100 (if $100 doesn't work at once then select it in multiples eg $20 * 5 or $50 * 2)
Search for the device you want to buy select buy now, you'll see an option to use your AliExpress Pocket, tick it.
Then use your other ATM to complete the transaction.

Wish list and Cart
"Wish list is a list of desired things.... There is no commitment of any sort.
Wish list for price monitoring instead of looking for the item all the time, Also if item is out of stock you can easily see on wish list.
A shopping cart is the same as a shopping trolley used at the mall,
You can decide to pay or not pay for all item in the cart.
Wish list or Cart only make your shopping experience better, Both do not affect Price"

If you want to lock in the price of an item then initiate payment for it, and it will remain at that price even though the price of the item increases later.
Note that buying an item is a sort of contract and you're required to pay for the item within a particular time frame (3days - 20 days) or else the order will be cancelled.

About Appeals:
You don't have to appeal before you fund your AliExpress Pocket.

Sometimes people are told to appeal for security reasons, to verify you're the owner/handler of the card, mostly when you use a card that isn't in your name to fund the pocket.
In that case you'll be told to upload a picture of the ATM card(you can block out some numbers for security purposes), identification (eg passport, voters card, birth certificate [don't know if they still collect these], or international passport), and a recent bank statement of the account you were told to appeal.

After 3-5 business days the details will be verified and you can use that card (that doesn't bear your name) to fund your pocket in the future without hassles.

Item is pre-advised
If you ship via NL Post when tracking the first stage is "item is pre-advised" and it can stay that way for up to 2 weeks, you contact NL Post and they say they haven't got your item.
Do not panic, you most likely haven't been scammed or given a fake tracking number.
What pre-advised means is that the seller has contacted Netherlands Post and have advised them that a parcel is coming their way, that they should expect to receive it. The parcel will then be processed by their sorting centre, pass the checks and then finally be dispatched to the destination country.
Your package will go from China to the Netherlands first before it is ultimately shipped to Nigeria.
Even though the pre-advised stage can be long and frustrating, it doesn't usually last for more than 15 days and when it does get to the Netherlands the shipping is quicker and your item should reach you by the next week!

About Collection:
The package will be delivered to the nearest post office and you'll be notified by the post office (either by call or text, or they'll bring a slip to your house) that you have an item waiting for collection at the post office.
You might be charged a ₦500 "handling fee" upon collection of the item.
Happy buying!

Xiaomi phones tip
Because Xiaomi doesn't have an offline presence in Nigeria, parts may be hard to come by.
If you're buying a Xiaomi device --or any little known android device -- from AliExpress you're advised to purchase also :. a tempered screen protector to protect your screen;
an extra screen so if your screen breaks it can readily be replaced, also if your screen breaks years from now getting the parts on AliExpress would be hard as sellers might not stock the item in favour of newer devices.
-an extra battery, if you so desire.

If you have any other questions you can ask here.
Thanks for this break down. What I don't understand. If I want to buy a gadget worth $180 for instance, since GT doesn't allow more than $100/month; are you saying I'll have to fund my wallet with another card be it my own or not then use another entirely different debit card to pay the remaining $80..... It's kinda confusing. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 5:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
ekesoft:
if u keen 4 d fone, kindly check reviews on youtube and search for offline web reviews as well cauz it will b hard 4 u to c sum1 wif an hands on experience on dz thread....bt if u need ani xiaomi products hands on experience, bliv me, u will b pampered wif such
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 5:21pm On Apr 23, 2017
micxwell:

Thanks for this break down. What I don't understand. If want to buy a gadget worth $180 for instance, since GT doesn't allow more than $100/month; are you saying I'll have to fund my wallet with another card be it my own or not then use another entirely different debit card to pay the remaining $80..... It's kinda confusing. Thanks

Yup
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 5:22pm On Apr 23, 2017
micxwell:

Thanks for this break down. What I don't understand. If want to buy a gadget worth $180 for instance, since GT doesn't allow more than $100/month; are you saying I'll have to fund my wallet with another card be it my own or not then use another entirely different debit card to pay the remaining $80..... It's kinda confusing. Thanks
kindly gt 2 cards, it cud b 2 gtbabk mastercards, 2 access visa cards or one of each.....use a card to buy 100 usd worth of alipocket n use d oda card to buy d remaining 80 usd worth of alipocket as well...chikena lobatan!!! jus prepare ya appeal documents down sa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 5:23pm On Apr 23, 2017
princetom1:

Stay on the safe side, use a xiaomi
I totally agree with you. Buy a phone that has a lot of support so that if something happens you can easily find help. SHIKENAN
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 5:39pm On Apr 23, 2017
fibonacci2526:

How's the performance of the zuk z2,considering it as a backup phone.

I don't use the ZUK Z2. I got an Mi5 instead.

I have read reviews of the phone extensively and I can assure you that it packs a lot of solid punches for it's price.

Was even tempted to pick up one for wifey but went for Redmi 4a instead coz that's what I can afford for now.

It will do well for a second phone.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:07pm On Apr 23, 2017
JandyJ:

How Much Pls

It's out of stock now. Not sure if they'll restock it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:08pm On Apr 23, 2017
Sprintx24:

Does doing a factory reset not change it back to the Chinese rom?
No
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:09pm On Apr 23, 2017
princetom1:

Good to hear o. Guy, that appeal ish really showed u pepper. U deserve to enjoy Ur N4X

I come dey pity the guy grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lagosboy3(m): 6:17pm On Apr 23, 2017
princetom1:

Airtel does not have 4G network

Well, they apparently just launched 4G yesterday.

https://guardian.ng/technology/airtel-rolls-out-4g-service-in-nigeria/amp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 6:20pm On Apr 23, 2017
LMohd:
I am using a small phone & it doesn't load the AliExpress site very well
i can help you order right now
just contact me on 08148133368

Note: i will not ask you to send money to me, so i will use your account and AliExpress with just deduct the money and ur order will be successful placed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gentleiris(m): 6:29pm On Apr 23, 2017
benjeeade:

Note: i will not ask you to send money to me, so i will use your account and AliExpress with just deduct the money and ur order will be successful placed
Can u also help me with the order please?
Redmi note 4x
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by princetom1(m): 6:41pm On Apr 23, 2017
lagosboy3:

Well, they apparently just launched 4G yesterday.

https://guardian.ng/technology/airtel-rolls-out-4g-service-in-nigeria/amp

Late comer
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theloveth(m): 6:43pm On Apr 23, 2017
benjeeade:

Ghost! Is this benjeade of tweakers arena? Long time bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:11pm On Apr 23, 2017
gentleiris:

Can u also help me with the order please?
Redmi note 4x
yes of course, just contact me when you ready
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:13pm On Apr 23, 2017
Theloveth:

Ghost! Is this benjeade of tweakers arena? Long time bro
Yes bro I've been busy, how is everything
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emaminaj(m): 7:19pm On Apr 23, 2017
nobody, jboixxx....this thread don leave us go o....haaa
Newbies welcome...For placement of orders, buzz nobody, protein0 or me
Welcome to the family
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Theloveth(m): 7:26pm On Apr 23, 2017
benjeeade:

Yes bro I've been busy, how is everything
We dey push am ó.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nuramohammed26: 7:27pm On Apr 23, 2017
GrandMufti:

I come dey pity the guy grin[/quote]
Oga GrandMufti wallahi all the wahala is worth it... This phone is really awesome (RN4X) if I'm right you are using the same phone , pls kindly take a look at the screenshot. I updated my phone OTA, but it still shows Note 4. I know it's nothing but I want it to show 4X...suggestions

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:33pm On Apr 23, 2017
nuramohammed26:

Oga GrandMufti wallahi all the wahala is worth it... This phone is really awesome (RN4X) if I'm right you are using the same phone , pls kindly take a look at the screenshot. I updated my phone OTA, but it still shows Note 4. I know it's nothing but I want it to show 4X...suggestions

LOL,what difference does it make?

(1) (2) (3) ... (632) (633) (634) (635) (636) (637) (638) ... (9325) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 162
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.