Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,207 members, 7,836,015 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:14 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6398) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9356835 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6395) (6396) (6397) (6398) (6399) (6400) (6401) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by picker(f): 1:16am On Nov 30, 2019
cc: Genius43
Grandmuft

Please guys, I need your help. I received miui11 November security update on Monday, the device is Mi 9. So on Wednesday while trying to download the update through the updater app and the downloads app, it got stuck at 5%, then from the downloads app, I canceled and deleted it! When I went back to the updater app, the update is not there again! I have tried to change region and refresh the updater app severally but the update is not coming up. Please what can I do, thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oyeleye101(m): 1:30am On Nov 30, 2019
Any seller with Redmi 5 plus battery? I need a replacement battery urgently for my device.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Baroba(m): 3:33am On Nov 30, 2019
Oyeleye101:
Any seller with Redmi 5 plus battery? I need a replacement battery urgently for my device.

Na Ali you go go my friend..

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by John131: 3:57am On Nov 30, 2019
How weak is p22? My bro bought cm12 today, i swear the phone is so solid in my hand if not because of same processor.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 3:57am On Nov 30, 2019
klexycole:

Haba! shocked grin grin
adez9:
them catch for one hand.....u slip go anoda one.....sigh
please you guys should stop replying that ignorant Samsung marketer

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SilentBang(m): 4:31am On Nov 30, 2019
Please where can i get xiaomi phones in Enugu, The Redmi Note 8 pro. 256/8 and what is the price range like?? please.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:45am On Nov 30, 2019
KngGezy:

Please does 8a have Smartview?

Does it have parallel space?

As of now the A10 can only be paired with the RN7 not 8a

GN
all this while people thought you had a working brain.. Pls tell me diff between parallel space and second space

Also anything ur useless A10 can. Redmi 6a can do better.. And Yes I have used both Samsung and redmi

16 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CallMeDrino: 5:19am On Nov 30, 2019
lipsrsealed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by colorsofrainbow: 5:34am On Nov 30, 2019
Oyeleye101:
wow! Bro 1st redmi 5 plus owner I ve seen in a long while...phone we bought like 68k-70k back then.How time flies,how things quickly change...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freemi(m): 5:55am On Nov 30, 2019
eby001:

Another misinformation about display tongue
whch one among d two shud I buy?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:57am On Nov 30, 2019
picker:
cc: Genius43
Grandmuft

Please guys, I need your help. I received miui11 November security update on Monday, the device is Mi 9. So on Wednesday while trying to download the update through the updater app and the downloads app, it got stuck at 5%, then from the downloads app, I canceled and deleted it! When I went back to the updater app, the update is not there again! I have tried to change region and refresh the updater app severally but the update is not coming up. Please what can I do, thank you.

Screenshot of the about section of your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freemi(m): 6:09am On Nov 30, 2019
jaywalker04:

Well, it's good for gaming, perfect even, for the price. The phone is a lot, if you ask me. Performance is great, again, for the price. Miui is dope and I just love it. The only real con you might notice, as I have, this past couple of days, is the lack of fingerprint, and that is, if you're coming from a phone with fingerprint. You might find your finger reaching to the back of the phone unknowingly, for fingerprint unlock grin. But, it's a worthy device overall. You can't go wrong.
lols. No fingerpring? Nt buying again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 6:12am On Nov 30, 2019
Announcing the arrival of my beast today.

I dedicate Coast to Coast by Angie Martinez feat Wyclef to all RN8 Users.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:15am On Nov 30, 2019
Hyfer:
if I double tap the black space near the capture button, it's not showing anything.

Modified: Have done it.. Its like the created folder should be Googlecamera instead of gcam.. I have successfully imported the configs.

Cc jboixxx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:16am On Nov 30, 2019
seunmohmoh:
Which xiaomi phone has the complete package?

That would depend on your budget
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:17am On Nov 30, 2019
fibonacci2526:

cheesy cheesy cheesy we go dey here when this thread go enta 10k pages, breeze go don blow all them chief misinformants by then.

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:17am On Nov 30, 2019
kekilika:
Announcing the arrival of my beast today.

I dedicate Coast to Coast by Angie Martinez feat Wyclef to all RN8 Users.

Old timer song grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:18am On Nov 30, 2019
GrandMufti:

Cc j.boixxx
Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kekilika: 6:25am On Nov 30, 2019
GrandMufti:

Old timer song grin
Yes ooo... So that people like Gptech can nod to it wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 6:31am On Nov 30, 2019
KngGezy:

Please does 8a have Smartview?

Does it have parallel space?

As of now the A10 can only be paired with the RN7 not 8a

GN
You keep shifting posts when your points are countered. You're very deluded and it's showing.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 6:50am On Nov 30, 2019
kekilika:

Yes ooo... So that people like Gptech can nod to it wink

Na so ...... Gptech on the beat
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 6:53am On Nov 30, 2019
Someone just compared Samsung galaxy A10 to RN7?!

For the person asking about Helio P22, I just found out that all these plenty RAM and blah bullshit some manufacturers put on a phone is just a way to swindle people without the technical know-how (processors especially) of phones. This thread opened my eyes to a whole lot of stuffs cos I started reading it even before I bought my RN8. The number of cores, clock speed and all... They're all important cos you can hold a 12Gb RAM phone while a 4Gb RAM phone with a sharper processor will be doing magic. I compared my phone to a friend's Camon 12 and some games ran smoothly on mine, while the same games were all on "Slow mo" on his. I'm not trying to demean any maker here. Just stating what I tried out. P22 isn't the processor if you like tasking your phone... I mean, stretching your phone but for normal day-to-day operations (which most of these phones with Helio P22 were created for), it's all smooth. There are better MTK choosers to try out in that regards.

Again, did someone really compare A10 to RN7? I give up o!

15 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:58am On Nov 30, 2019
BoluwajiPieters:
Someone just compared Samsung galaxy A10 to RN7?!

For the person asking about Helio P22, I just found out that all these plenty RAM and blah bullshit some manufacturers put on a phone is just a way to swindle people without the technical know-how (processors especially) of phones. This thread opened my eyes to a whole lot of stuffs cos I started reading it even before I bought my RN8. The number of cores, clock speed and all... They're all important cos you can hold a 12Gb RAM phone while a 4Gb RAM phone with a sharper processor will be doing magic. I compared my phone to a friend's Camon 12 and some games ran smoothly on mine, while the same games were all on "Slow mo" on his. I'm not trying to demean any maker here. Just stating what I tried out. P22 isn't the processor if you like tasking your phone... I mean, stretching your phone but for normal day-to-day operations, it's all smooth. There are better MTK choosers to try out in that regards.

Again, did someone really compare A10 to RN7? I give up o!
Na today.

The next thing you will here is Infinix Zero 6 is better than any phone Xiaomi has made and trust me I won't be surprised.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 7:00am On Nov 30, 2019
genius43:

Na today.

The next thing you will here is Infinix Zero 6 is better than any phone Xiaomi has made and trust me I won't be surprised.

Lol. It's ridiculous, actually but I guess it's all part of the trolling process.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2019
fibonacci2526:

I'd like to think that all their 4G Sims are provisioned to show the LTE thingy, might be wrong though.

Not true...
Mine doesn't show 4G

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 7:02am On Nov 30, 2019
paradigmshift:

which speaker bro?
Soundcore Motion +

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seankafor(m): 7:09am On Nov 30, 2019
Thayay:
Soundcore Motion +
does it have party or ambient light when playing music
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:10am On Nov 30, 2019
Thayay:
Soundcore Motion +

E don land, drop review
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 7:17am On Nov 30, 2019
Was looking for a phone to buy for my wife on Jumia, saw Redmi 8A, everything seems perfect, I already added it to my cart then headed to gsmarena to discover there's no fingerprint scanner....
In big 2019? What's Xiaomi thinking?
It's a turn off

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 7:24am On Nov 30, 2019
maclawrence02:

Abeg Post the link make I check something.
I think I sent it to u already on telegram?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:30am On Nov 30, 2019
yak:
Was looking for a phone to buy for my wife on Jumia, saw Redmi 8A, everything seems perfect, I already added it to my cart then headed to gsmarena to discover there's no fingerprint scanner....
It's a turn off
for a 35k phone it's nothing.. Good for its price.. Dont blame Xiaomi.. Top ur cash Nd get Redmi 8

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 7:32am On Nov 30, 2019
yak:
It's a turn off

It is business strategy, if they add finger print to the Redmi 8a,then what's the point of the Redmi 8? Do not forget Redmi 8a is an entry level phone and they will surely come with many compromises. If the fingerprint is a deal breaker, then go for the Redmi 8.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6395) (6396) (6397) (6398) (6399) (6400) (6401) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m), arabmoney14, Chijohn42k(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.