Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,073 members, 7,835,620 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 12:36 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6409) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9355002 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6406) (6407) (6408) (6409) (6410) (6411) (6412) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ayethecreator(m): 11:22pm On Nov 30, 2019
Is Miui 11 not available for redmi 5plus?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:25pm On Nov 30, 2019
stephens2012:
It's chrome

I would say you should also clear storage/cache. But you'll lose bookmarks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:26pm On Nov 30, 2019
ayethecreator:
Is Miui 11 not available for redmi 5plus?

Not yet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:39pm On Nov 30, 2019
stephens2012:
It draws over other apps

Check for an app you installed recently knowingly or unknowingly, that is the culprit.

Like I said earlier even MIUI ads don't behave that way and you are using an android one phone. So check apps installed off recent
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephens2012(m): 11:57pm On Nov 30, 2019
Done that. Didnt work. D only option is restore to factory settings. Thanks for ur time
genius43:

Check for an app you installed recently knowingly or unknowingly, that is the culprit.

Like I said earlier even MIUI ads don't behave that way and you are using an android one phone. So check apps installed off recent
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephens2012(m): 11:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
Did it, didn't work
GrandMufti:

I would say you should also clear storage/cache. But you'll lose bookmarks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SilentBang(m): 11:58pm On Nov 30, 2019
Sharon6:

8/256 isn't global version.

Please what is the closest Global version to it? ?? and do you have any idea where i can get xiaomi phones in Enugu? the few places i checked dont sell xiaomi phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:00am On Dec 01, 2019
stephens2012:
Did it, didn't work

Tried this?

GrandMufti:

Open the browser, go to settings and change the start page to google.com

Which browser is this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 12:06am On Dec 01, 2019
fibonacci2526:

I wouldn't risk my hard earned money over "promise". I would rather they do before I go all in.

ColorOs 7 is out.
Looks better than MIUI.
You can go all in now.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Donkelzy(m): 12:20am On Dec 01, 2019
SilentBang:

Please what is the closest Global version to it? ?? and do you have any idea where i can get xiaomi phones in Enugu? the few places i checked dont sell xiaomi phones.
Check Fine brothers Enugu town
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jameslojohn(m): 12:25am On Dec 01, 2019
[quote author=Deeni131 post=84510772][/quote] the video was uploaded Aug 30
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 12:33am On Dec 01, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Yes global VERSION does.
You mean global rom ryt because that's the option available for the memory size I'm targeting...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akocce(m): 1:08am On Dec 01, 2019
jboixxx:
N7000 + 250 delivery fee. However, I'm out of stock for now till next week (hopefully).
Can I get case and screen protector for note 8 pro from u?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:09am On Dec 01, 2019
GrandMufti:

Backup your call logs/ contacts and clear cache/storage of dialer app

Or revert to stock theme and reboot
done, same issue

How do I clear dialer storage?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 2:42am On Dec 01, 2019
akocce:

Pls ping me on whatsapp I have some things to discuss with you on redmi note 8 pro. My whatsapp number.: zero eight zero 64 seventeen 42 eighty five..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by paradigmshift(m): 3:10am On Dec 01, 2019
saint2ace:

Brotherly all network in Nigeria 2orks well on the Mi 9 lite, even the illusive band 28 of Glo works well, the camera is spectacular and the battery is a beast.

Like I said earlier, for those who are afraid of the pop up camera and of course the price of the Mi 9T, the Mi 9 lite is the best alternative.

Enjoy ur phone when it lands, u made a great choice grin

the pop up camera for mi9t is solidddddddddddd, no complains at all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sheggsliveth: 5:10am On Dec 01, 2019
Please guys help me how to configure my gcam to be more colourful, formatted my phone and have to restored it to normal...I also observed that the flash light is not also bright as when using stock cam...help a brother ...OGA genius43 please help with the saturation settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:10am On Dec 01, 2019
akocce:

Thanksfir your interest boss, unfortunately, I don't sell phone protectors. Kindly contact Noobody, Gidieberry, anonymousey or Macbeyland.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 5:15am On Dec 01, 2019
colorsofrainbow:
please where and how much did u get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 5:16am On Dec 01, 2019
paradigmshift:
Yes, it's nice. D speaker get bass too.how much u buy am.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:18am On Dec 01, 2019
chrisja:

You mean global rom ryt because that's the option available for the memory size I'm targeting...
She emphasized on version to pass a message. Global ROM is for Chinese version devices. Buy Global version, go for another model close to your preferred device that has a global version or just buy the global ROM and enjoy it with its con if it doesn't have Global version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:20am On Dec 01, 2019
Drizzle007:

ColorOs 7 is out.
Looks better than MIUI.
You can go all in now.
You sha want her to buy this device! I'm sure she won't! Maybe you should buy 1 and give her to feel...maybe she can thereafter go get hers with her hard-earned money if she's convinced wink

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thayay(m): 5:21am On Dec 01, 2019
genius43:

E don land, drop review
lol.... I don't even know where to start. The bass is really mad bro. But the battery doesn't last long like the local one i bought grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:22am On Dec 01, 2019
okikiosibodu:
Black Friday
That history na history! The present and future are the important things.
Ain't buying/selling slaves but goods and services.

11 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:50am On Dec 01, 2019
chrisja:

Thanks
In other words, the global rom, fixes all these concerns?
Just to be sure you got what miss Fibo meant, you will need to get the Global version of the phone to enjoy specific features missing on the Chinese version.

Installing Global rom will NOT rectify the hardware features missing on the Chinese version.

The distinction between the two versions is officially from Xiaomi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drjprince: 5:52am On Dec 01, 2019
okikiosibodu:

Brother, I didn't follow your convo, but this is so wrong. The worth spar mate for RN7 among the Samsung counterpart, is Samsung A20. And even at that it, it is not evenly match. A10 can compete with probably remdmj 7a or highest Redmi 7.
Brother, can you for one week, take a rear seat and observe posts on this thread, while you verify certain things, so you can get better understanding to issues being discussed? One full week. U csn judt make one or two posts to signify your presence, but such should not be to engage a debate
Samsung A10 probably what he is using that why he will pair it with bigger device

Make Una leave that ignorant lawyer na new month be this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:53am On Dec 01, 2019
Thayay:
lol.... I don't even know where to start. The bass is really mad bro. But the battery doesn't last long like the local one i bought grin

With great power comes great responsibility. You don't something with a subwoofer to have the same battery life to one without.

Another analogy is like expecting the fuel consumption of a tiger 0.9KVa generator to be as the same 3.5KVa generator

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by scotweezy(m): 5:56am On Dec 01, 2019
lukfame:
Good evening everyone. Anyone know how I can get Akure PO number.. I need to reroute my order to lagos because I moved before it got to Nigeria. Thanks
Quote me with your telegram username. I might be able to help with a staff's number.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 5:56am On Dec 01, 2019
ubev01:
global rom and Chinese version means same phone different softwares, global versions is what you should be looking at
Yea, I get that part, but the global version doesn't have large storage. It's mainly 6gb Ram/128gb.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:02am On Dec 01, 2019
chrisja:

Yea, I get that part, but the global version doesn't have large storage. It's mainly 6gb Ram/128gb.

To me that is sufficient
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:02am On Dec 01, 2019
chrisja:

You must compromise here. Either you go with Chinese version and forget the cons or go with Global version and get yourself OTG drive or correct memory card to expand the storage.
I'm here if you need any of the expandable storage units

(1) (2) (3) ... (6406) (6407) (6408) (6409) (6410) (6411) (6412) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.