Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,695 members, 7,820,428 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6458) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9230660 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6455) (6456) (6457) (6458) (6459) (6460) (6461) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
Tiger2020:
was the camera comparison way too noticeable
Lol not in all cases, the note 8 actually was better in some cases but the mi a3 killed it in the selfie camera... Not by much tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
Guys pls one more question about the redmi 8a. Does it work with glo 4g network? Thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:26pm On Dec 08, 2019
genius43:

Mi A3 has a better main camera.

RN8T better screen resolution.
is the camera quality difference quit noticeable
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 9:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
toppzzyy:

twice
Lol ok, thanks for your input
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 9:29pm On Dec 08, 2019
peteregwu:
Guys pls one more question about the redmi 8a. Does it work with glo 4g network? Thanks!

Yes if Glo has deployed the band 3 in your location.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:31pm On Dec 08, 2019
franzis:
I sell protective case/pouch & Screen guards(only the bold ones available) for the following Xiaomi/Redmi Phone:
Redmi Note 8
Redmi Note 8 Pro
Redmi 8
Redmi 8A
Redmi Note 7 / 7 Pro
Redmi 7

Redmi 7A
Redmi Go
Xiaomi Mi 9T / 9T Pro / Redmi K20/K20 Pro
Xiaomi Mi 9
Xiaomi Mi A3
Call/WhatsApp 080-6583-3184 for you Enquiries and orders
Available on konga @ konga.com/merchant/bestprice

Quality Case and Screen Guards also available for all Samsung Galaxy A Series( A10 ,A20 ,A30 , A40, A50, A60, A70 , A80 , A10s , A20s , A30s , A50s , A70s , A9 2018 , A7 2018 , A8 , A8 2018, M10 , M20 , M30 , M40 )

Nokia 1 , 2 , 3 , 7 Plus , 8 , 8 Sirroco , 6.1/6 2018 , 5.1 Plus , 6.1 Plus , 7.1 , 7.1 Plus , 8.1 , 9 Pureview , 4.2 , 3.2 , 3.1 , 2.1 , 5.1 , Nokia 6.2 , 7.2 and more

Huawei Y6 Prime 2019, Y7 Prime 2019 , Y5 2019 , Y9 2019 , Y9 Prime 2019 , P20 lite , P30 lite , Mate 20 lite , Y6 Prime 2018 , Y7 Prime 2017
No adds here,use the thread store to avoid ban
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
fibonacci2526:

Yes if Glo has deployed the band 3 in your location.

Band 3? That is what I don't even know. But I know their other band is fast in my area like fast rushing water.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 9:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
Sam2310:
I will appreciate if Anyone can help with screenshot of setting of gcam redmi 7 that is good.
Downloaded 6.1 from xiaomi compliation. I need a good setting for it.
you don't need to see screenshot, just dpwnload gcam and xml file from androidexplained, then import the files, instructions are on the website
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2019
Tiger2020:
is the camera quality difference quit noticeable
Someone have given you an answer above

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sam2310(m): 9:40pm On Dec 08, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:
you don't need to see screenshot, just dpwnload gcam and xml file from androidexplained, then import the files, instructions are on the website
have done all that, just want to know if there is additional stuff to add.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chriswazo(m): 9:42pm On Dec 08, 2019
stephinnoyewole:

But u can download and use Whatsapp?
Maybe dats not a 3rd party app

Sorry, I mean for launchers

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chriswazo(m): 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
zeanslim:

MiUi 11 came out for Nigeria region for note 8 pro before redimi note 8 sef.

Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Newbie5050: 9:43pm On Dec 08, 2019
xoftxoul:

Here's the catch:
What's the config you're looking for? Cos the 6/128 sold out. Only black color for 6/128 remains. All colors for 6/64 are available. I got mine (6/128 blue color) for 94k.
6/64 goes for 85k.

Which phone is that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
awoo47:
samsung budget phone na big scam.
i bought a30s fr my mum at 82k.
yet na hd+ display with there useless sluggish exynos chipset.
Exactly, these are the kind of phones that should be getting the hate tecno and infinix are getting, any Samsung midrange phone is a waste of money and my dad is a testament to that, his a20 frustrated him so much that he actually knocked it senseless out of anger one day, 9 hours later I saw him with a brand new huawei y9 prime

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chriswazo(m): 9:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
kallmemrB:
download poco launcher.. Everything will come out like this

Alright sir, thanks for understanding
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 9:57pm On Dec 08, 2019
1punchman:

Exactly, these are the kind of phones that should be getting the hate tecno and infinix are getting, any Samsung midrange phone is a waste of money and my dad is a testament to that, his a20 frustrated him so much that he actually knocked it senseless out of anger one day, 9 hours later I saw him with a brand new huawei y9 prime

Thank God I never bought the Samsung a20, I almost did. ��

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
awoo47:
samsung budget phone na big scam.
i bought a30s fr my mum at 82k.
yet na hd+ display with there useless sluggish exynos chipset.

I dont fancy the S version of the Aseries
Not at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 9:59pm On Dec 08, 2019
toppzzyy:

I know about the charging port problem, a friend of mine owns one. he doesn't share charger and he's fine.
Yh it's like that for some people but I assure u, he won't use that phone for 1yr+ without experiencing the issue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 10:04pm On Dec 08, 2019
Tiger2020:
Wanna get a phone for my friend,but am damn confused between A3 and note 8t because of band 28,
But my major concern is the cost of mi a3 screen,then for note 8t am sceptical because i don't know if xiaomi will abandon(less/slow software support)it like note 6 pro,
And finally the camera,whether the difference in quality is noticeable.
Urgent reply needed cos she wants it by next week
If u don't mind miui I'll advice u to get the note 8, it actually has great cameras and I don't think it'll be abandoned by xiaomi, I've never heard of a note series (not pro versions) being abandoned plus the screen replacement won't be up to 15k (as the shop attendant told me)

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 10:09pm On Dec 08, 2019
KngGezy:

Not at all
Lol I heard the s version of that series stands for "scam"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoleAndFish: 10:16pm On Dec 08, 2019
MeshachMARTINS:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLxMGMTZAhQ
what do you guys think about this video?
KindlyDrop your thought...
And Please dont forget to Like, share and subscribe to the channel. Thanks.
Just seeing this. I didn't even receive a notification.

Nice concept but there are a few things you can improve on.
1. You need to be audible and clear. It's not just some rap thing where we don't really need to hear what they're saying abi?
2. In the video, it was as though you weren't looking at the camera. Maybe you have to adjust your focus when recording.

Again, nice concept

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 10:17pm On Dec 08, 2019
Newbie5050:

Which phone is that?
Mi 9 lite
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:19pm On Dec 08, 2019
kallmemrB:
tap on miui 10 logo ten times it will bring out more options
Apt and precise....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 10:28pm On Dec 08, 2019
1punchman:

exactly, ppl don't even knw d useless exynos 9704 is worse than mtk p22. p22 get smaller semiconductor size and is faster and more power efficient.
yet Samsung dey sell the phone 77k ontop rubbish processor.
if u don't want tecno or infinix, just get xiaomi
Samsung just get brand no performance, except u buy there premium phones

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 10:32pm On Dec 08, 2019
KngGezy:

Not at all
the phone still dey vex me. very low quality specs for that high price
although i didn't knw anything abt it. i just went to store and bought d latest samsung budget phone.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:34pm On Dec 08, 2019
genius43:

Someone have given you an answer above
yea ,saw that after i av quoted you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 10:41pm On Dec 08, 2019
awoo47:
exactly, ppl don't even knw d useless exynos 9704 is worse than mtk p22. p22 get smaller semiconductor size and is faster and more power efficient.
yet Samsung dey sell the phone 77k ontop rubbish processor.
if u don't want tecno or infinix, just get xiaomi
Samsung just get brand no performance, except u buy there premium phones
This is automatically the best post on this page of the thread, I wonder what makes their phones that expensive really, it can't definitely be camera performance, my moms infinix hot s4 constantly disgraced my dad's a20 before he destroyed it. From the reviews I watched comparing other phones with the mi a3 camera wise, you'll have to go as high as the a70 if u really want to challenge the mi a3... If u check the price of those 2 phones, you'll weep

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:44pm On Dec 08, 2019
1punchman:

This is automatically the best post on this page of the thread, I wonder what makes their phones that expensive really, it can't definitely be camera performance, my moms infinix hot s4 constantly disgraced my dad's a20 before he destroyed it. From the reviews I watched comparing other phones with the mi a3 camera wise, you'll have to go as high as the a70 if u really want to challenge the mi a3... If u check the price of those 2 phones, you'll weep
even A70 couldn't even match A3 with that soft picture quality
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 10:50pm On Dec 08, 2019
OfficialGaGa:
Well I updated to miui 11 with church WiFi ( pls don't judge me..lol grin) not much difference tho... But the setting arrangements have been rearranged, for battery I think it's better... (The fast charge just got better), battery SOT too maybe .... one or two new additional system apps... Well all in all, I think the update is not bad.. it's good. It's advisable for those who wants to update to 11.
I dey try imagine the excuse you go give Angel Gabriel when you reach Heaven on judgement day. Great analysis though. A terrific moniker has given us a finger licking and salivating expection, for aspiring updates. I was not disappointed too when I upgraded few days ago. I experienced battery drain few hours after the update but it normalised itself in less than 10hrs. I let the battery drain til like 19% before I charged. I think after the upgrade, I noticed my battery lasts longer even on 4g
I noticed more RAM is been used up as I have few free RAM when I open few apps (like I used to do on MIUI), but the phone doesn't hang even at that

fibonacci2526:

Ok so i noticed some few nifty features in MIUI 11 which are really cool i guess. Note my device is redmi 7a and some other devices can have more features than it.

** There are shortcuts to different settings, like you get suggestions to relevant settings. it reminds of me LG UX nd OneUi, very similar.
** One can also choose to blur app preview in Recents, i like this as this allows for privacy
** Dark mode can be scheduled too, you can set the time for when you want it activated and deactivated. Cool.
** There is a "special features" settings under phone settings where you get the brand new game Turbo and option to choose apps where you want access to be able to use quick replies in the notifications.
** Inclusion of digital wellbeing(dunno if the other higher models have it on their phone but it came with MIUI 11 on my phone)
** Brand new settings for sounds and vibrations (almost same with oxygen Os)
** Option to choose a notification style too ( MIUI or Android), I prefer android though as it looks pleasing to my eyes
** You can also choose how your clock is aligned if you are using stock theme under lock screen settings
** There is another option for battery indicator, you can choose to have it next to the icon instead of inside the icon.
** Stock fonts look bolder and bigger

These and many more under the hood changes.
By the way, have you explored the option to blur your paps when you minimize your apps?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 1punchman: 10:52pm On Dec 08, 2019
Tiger2020:
even A70 couldn't even match A3 with that soft picture quality
Lol just imagine and people are killing their selves over infinix s5 that isn't even up to 70k while the real scammers are selling their crap for over 90k.... That's bad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 10:53pm On Dec 08, 2019
Chriswazo:

Am not really a fan of third parties app, thank you.
poco launcher 2 is not a third party app, it's an app by Xiaomi

(1) (2) (3) ... (6455) (6456) (6457) (6458) (6459) (6460) (6461) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Merrybells(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.