Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,047 members, 7,810,866 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:21 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6539) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9167443 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6536) (6537) (6538) (6539) (6540) (6541) (6542) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:31am On Dec 19, 2019
2kurupt:

Your keyboard is too high vertically. Aside that you can adjust the miniature WhatsApp window by dragging it upwards
ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:37am On Dec 19, 2019
chrisja:
So I have used the Redmi K20 pro for aver 24hours now. Yea, the camera is cool, the amoled screen looks amazing, the overall performance is not bad. I am not a gaming person so in the longrun the 855sd doesn't really standout for me, I am not a picture freak, therefore the camera is just there, praying my woman doesn't see it.
For me 4 things stands out in a phone in no particular order 1:Screen size( I like them big)
2:Battery Size (I don't like always plugging my phone to charge), 3:Ram, internal Memory and smooth operations,
4: Overall built
Now in comparison wuth my Mi Max 2, the redmi K20 pro feels somehow too small holding it in my hands... I am so struggling with it the smallness
As per battery, my mi max 2 is still a monster even after 2 years.
As regards smoothness of operations, for day to day use, browse, make calls, do some transactions, read the k20 pro isn't really that far ahead of mi max 2.
Its seems xiaomi and these other companies only reserve large memories for these top tier devices.
Then for the overall built, the K20 pro is miles ahead of my mi max 2.
My personal verdict, there is nothing so special about the k20 pro, infact I already feel like selling it. As of today, the phone will be up for sale come 5th January 2020, I want to see if it would grow on me else I am selling it and waiting for any big screen device that would deliver rugged efficient service for me.
had it been it was mi9t pro with band 28 ,i would have bought it from you grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oxygenlove(m): 8:39am On Dec 19, 2019
lipsrsealed

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Boschh(m): 8:41am On Dec 19, 2019
Tiger2020:
which shop
There are many of them.. One at Old market road after zenith bank, walk down a bit, it's by the right hand side..

Then inside Emeka offor plaza.. I can hook you up with the sales girl line if you can pm me..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:44am On Dec 19, 2019
grin grin
jboixxx:
Bye the time AliExpress address our petition to stop shipping batteries and LCDs of RN4 to 9ja, you na go change device. Enjoy it whil it lasts o.

We de come for you!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Boschh(m): 8:48am On Dec 19, 2019
Toyorsih:

I don't really understand this

Had the same issue but I resolved mine..

Just open settings - type region on the search bar - select India as your region..

Go to Themes - you'll see fonts appear on the menu.. You can select any of the Moby or Aafonts there..

Make sure your data is on Sha..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 8:50am On Dec 19, 2019
Tiger2020:
had it been it was mi9t pro with band 28 ,i would have bought it from you grin grin
grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:54am On Dec 19, 2019
Oladimejjy:

Ok will download this, please oo I get another issue I was using redmi note 7 before the thing dey chop my data (Airtel) so much,but this redmi note 8 na the real data sucker...what should I do to reduce this...note:not even using 4G ooo
off auto sync
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 8:58am On Dec 19, 2019
tranxo:
You simply bought a phone you NEVER needed. It's like buying a Ferrari and not driving it more than 50km/h speed. Max out the features and full capacity of the phone and do another review.
Sure I plan to use it a few more days to see if it would grow on me...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Toyorsih(m): 9:08am On Dec 19, 2019
Boschh:

Had the same issue but I resolved mine..

Just open settings - type region on the search bar - select India as your region..

Go to Themes - you'll see fonts appear on the menu.. You can select any of the Moby or Aafonts there..

Make sure your data is on Sha..

Please suggest a making sense font for me
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:13am On Dec 19, 2019
Oladimejjy:

Ok will download this, please oo I get another issue I was using redmi note 7 before the thing dey chop my data (Airtel) so much,but this redmi note 8 na the real data sucker...what should I do to reduce this...note:not even using 4G ooo

Hmmm. Turn off autosync

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Chasepark: 9:33am On Dec 19, 2019
Or type search data usage in settings and look for the app(s) sucking your data......in my case it's WhatsApp. Yesterday alone 400mb gone to WhatsApp. I can't even remember what I did on the WhatsApp.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:36am On Dec 19, 2019
chrisja:
So I have used the Redmi K20 pro for aver 24hours now. Yea, the camera is cool, the amoled screen looks amazing, the overall performance is not bad. I am not a gaming person so in the longrun the 855sd doesn't really standout for me, I am not a picture freak, therefore the camera is just there, praying my woman doesn't see it.
For me 4 things stands out in a phone in no particular order 1:Screen size( I like them big)
2:Battery Size (I don't like always plugging my phone to charge), 3:Ram, internal Memory and smooth operations,
4: Overall built
Now in comparison with my Mi Max 2, the redmi K20 pro feels somehow too small holding it in my hands... I am so struggling with it the size compared to Max 2
As per battery, my mi max 2 is still a monster even after 2 years.
As regards smoothness of operations, for day to day use, browse, make calls, do some transactions, read the k20 pro isn't really that far ahead of mi max 2.
Its seems xiaomi and these other companies only reserve large memories for these top tier devices.
Then for the overall built, the K20 pro is miles ahead of my mi max 2.
My personal verdict, there is nothing so special about ut the k20 pro, infact I already feel like selling it. As of today, the phone will be up for sale come 5th January 2020, I want to see if it would grow on me else I am selling it and waiting for any big screen device that would deliver rugged efficient service for me.
The only prayer I get for you na for madam to see am before you sell am, we know wetin go happen next cool.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2019
Chasepark:
Or type search data usage in settings and look for the app(s) sucking your data......in my case it's WhatsApp. Yesterday alone 400mb gone to WhatsApp. I can't even remember what I did on the WhatsApp.

Disable media auto-download
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 9:42am On Dec 19, 2019
uctomide:

Didn't see the Colorful clock V11 is it region dependant?? but saw this
Change your region to India whenever you want to download themes... It is available on India region.. Same themes are different for each region. You can also try Joker V11.
Good morning

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:42am On Dec 19, 2019
genius43:

So the 0.14" difference in screen size is what makes the max 2 far bigger?
Why wait for big screen devices when the Mi Note 10 is 6.67" or the Max 3 is also there as well.

There is a clear difference in performance between the two devices except you are not a heavy user.
Physical appeal, the Mi Max with 6.44 inch display looks far bigger and more noticeable than the Oneplus 7 pro with 6.67 inch display, compared both yesterday side by side. Aspect ratio as you know is the trick. There's no way someone who is used to the size of the Mi Max won't find anything else awkward.

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 9:55am On Dec 19, 2019
dcosmosboy:
I bought redmi note 8pro on aliexpress on Nov 11.11 this is what I'm seeing,that my phone is still in transit, what does that mean

Sometimes it could be that it has arrived without you knowing it. You better check your post office or destination address.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tranxo(m): 9:57am On Dec 19, 2019
chrisja:

Sure I plan to use it a few more days to see if it would grow on me...
Lol. Grow on you?

You have nothing to offer the phone. The phone has A LOT to offer you only if YOU can grow on it

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 10:04am On Dec 19, 2019
Gptech:

The only prayer I get for you na for madam to see am before you sell am, we know wetin go happen next cool.
grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 10:05am On Dec 19, 2019
Gptech:

Physical appeal, the Mi Max with 6.44 inch display looks far bigger and more noticeable than the Oneplus 7 pro with 6.67 inch display, compared both yesterday side by side. Aspect ratio as you know is the trick. There's no way someone who is used to the size of the Mi Max won't find anything else awkward.

At last, someone gets the screen size issue

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 10:08am On Dec 19, 2019
tranxo:

Lol. Grow on you?

You have nothing to offer the phone. The phone has A LOT to offer you only if YOU can grow on it

Lol..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2019
TODAY'S TIP:

If you're experiencing data zapping on your device, kindly do this tweaking.

Settings > Sync > Mi Cloud > Disable the gallery sync.

Turning off your auto sync will disable your email sync which is not recommended for those that uses office email or have active emails.

Edited:
Also, you can check if your System apps updater is set to Auto updates, if it is, change to "Don't update" but leave the "Show update notifications" active.

2. Disable your Auto updates on Google play too. How? GooglePlay > Menu > Settings > Change "Auto Update Apps" to "Don't auto update apps" and change "Auto Play videos" to "Don't Auto Play Videos".

3) Don't forget, WhatsApp status is a data zapping feature

4) Facebook isn't left out if your video playback is active

5) this is rare though: Google Photos/drive auto sync (disable and change to manual sync). This is to those that prefers Google Photos to Mi Cloud like me grin

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CallMeDrino: 10:10am On Dec 19, 2019
Toyorsih:

Please suggest a making sense font for me

Migraftti or Choco Cooky

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 10:11am On Dec 19, 2019
CallMeDrino:

Migraftti or Choco Cooky
Migraftti na correct font

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:21am On Dec 19, 2019
Gentlewarrior1:
Why should someone possibly prefer the redmi note 7 to the newly released redmi note 8 ??

Sometimes it's money palaver. Not all pocket are the same. Just like I bought redmi 8a 2weeks back, I would have loved to buy note 8, when I saw the price my heart cut. grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CallMeDrino: 10:27am On Dec 19, 2019
parksg:
Change your region to India whenever you want to download themes... It is available on India region.. Same themes are different for each region. You can also try Joker V11.
Good morning

What's your theme name please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 10:28am On Dec 19, 2019
seunmohmoh:
I registered. What next?

Attend tomorrow
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Whizpeter(m): 10:29am On Dec 19, 2019
getbizy:

Thanks so much , you're appreciated Sir.

I'm not sir..

I'd come around soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:33am On Dec 19, 2019
CallMeDrino:

What's your theme name please
Jiyan

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Priapus69: 10:37am On Dec 19, 2019
Redmi Note 7 for sale. Location Bayelsa
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:38am On Dec 19, 2019
grin grin has your madam not seen your own? undecided undecided
Gptech:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:47am On Dec 19, 2019
peteregwu:

Sometimes it's money palaver. Not all pocket are the same. Just like I bought redmi 8a 2weeks back, I would have loved to buy note 8, when I saw the price my heart cut. grin
any body that has the budget of note 7 can still afford note 8

(1) (2) (3) ... (6536) (6537) (6538) (6539) (6540) (6541) (6542) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: ev4real(m), Earlystar698(m), Solidarity9490(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.