Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,931 members, 7,814,163 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 08:09 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6606) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9180418 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6603) (6604) (6605) (6606) (6607) (6608) (6609) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by flawless911(m): 10:09am On Dec 30, 2019
Mediatek is Cancer and should be Banned

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ganie(m): 10:14am On Dec 30, 2019
Hi famz, my redmi 5 screen got bad after a fall and won't even show anything but a dark screen which I have ordered for a new screen from Alibaba and it has arrived.
The annoying thing now is that a good for nothing boy called my cousin came to the house yesterday and went with the phone (I mean he stole it now) so I am left with buying a new phone.
I will like to buy the redmi note 8 but I am seeing it has different types like note 8T, is there any unique difference or which of the brands will you suggest for the price range of 55-60k?
Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nwajesus12(m): 10:16am On Dec 30, 2019
StRichard:
yes
ok thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:18am On Dec 30, 2019
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:19am On Dec 30, 2019
ganie:
Hi famz, my redmi 5 screen got bad after a fall and won't even show anything but a dark screen which I have ordered for a new screen from Alibaba and it has arrived.
The annoying thing now is that a good for nothing boy called my cousin came to the house yesterday and went with the phone (I mean he stole it now) so I am left with buying a new phone.
I will like to buy the redmi note 8 but I am seeing it has different types like note 8T, is there any unique difference or which of the brands will you suggest for the price range of 55-60k?
Thanks.

Just get the regular note 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by daddio(m): 10:22am On Dec 30, 2019
Pls, I need link to download Gcam for my Redmi 8A.
Kindly share the link if you have it.

Thanks.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 10:27am On Dec 30, 2019
flawless911:
Mediatek is Cancer and should be Banned

Mad'oooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:43am On Dec 30, 2019
genius43:

How you didn't see the sarcasm in that post is very baffling.
okay man, is it safe to upgrade?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ganie(m): 10:44am On Dec 30, 2019
GrandMufti:

Just get the regular note 8

Okay, thanks. Please, is 55k a good bargain for the 3g ram or do you know the exchange rate on Ali express?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:01am On Dec 30, 2019
ganie:

Okay, thanks. Please, is 55k a good bargain for the 3g ram or do you know the exchange rate on Ali express?

If you can add 6k, you'll get the 4/64 from Xiaomi thread store

https://www.nairaland.com/3880817/xiaomi-thread-store/325#85327668
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by salvo583: 11:18am On Dec 30, 2019
shey Xiaomi users deh use mi message the way iOS peeps use their iMessage
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 11:20am On Dec 30, 2019
salvo583:
shey Xiaomi users deh use mi message the way iOS peeps use their iMessage

Yelss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 11:21am On Dec 30, 2019
olanreyman:

Pls how much would you fix broken max 2 screen? This is the second time I want to change the screen and probably sell after changing the screen sef cos av got note 8. At first it was ghost touching before I decided to fix by changing screen, two weeks after replacing screen the lower part of the screen and nevigation button started ghost touching so badly again before it fell down and screen got broken but still touching. Will changing of the screen fix this or will only work for two weeks and start ghost touching again?

Changing of the screen should solve the problem, but we first have to diagnose to be sure there are no other issues...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:43am On Dec 30, 2019
lamidiinjury:

okay man, is it safe to upgrade?

Oga update your phone

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:02pm On Dec 30, 2019
ganie:
Thanks.

Lol hes your cousin naw
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Seyilome(m): 12:14pm On Dec 30, 2019
Gptech:

Used to have such craving too grin.
And you too?,I thought I am the only one having that kind feeling.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by muyibabs: 12:28pm On Dec 30, 2019
Babaheekmat:
Abeg na.. How to deactivate the xiaomi sim service

You can follow this process to activate the sim without being charged 50naira for sms.

Activate SIM card on Xiaomi official site
It is an easy and effective method if the cause of this issue is an error has made in registering a Mi Account. To employ this method one has to enter Xiaomi official site https://account.xiaomi.com and enter his/her Mi Account login and password. Then open "Security" tab and enter the phone number (check whether it is correct, if it’s not, fix it). The only remains is to tap "Change" and wait for a message on the phone. This message will contain a code which is to enter into the website. Sometimes these actions are enough to activate SIM card.

https://android-fix.com/android-errors/80-your-sim-card-is-not-activated.html

6 Likes 5 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 12:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
repairpalng:

Changing of the screen should solve the problem, but we first have to diagnose to be sure there are no other issues...
Pls where is you place in Lagos
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ganie(m): 1:12pm On Dec 30, 2019
KngGezy:

Lol hes your cousin naw

Person wey I dey wait make he come again, I go surely give am better mark for body
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SirNeroDee: 1:24pm On Dec 30, 2019
akashi01:

Mine took 4 months and some weeks to land grin grin
WTHF!! How were u so patient? If I should wait that long, the case would jus be to protect the already damaged phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ganie(m): 1:27pm On Dec 30, 2019
quivah:
After using Redmi note 3 for about two years, I have finally joined the note 8 team ( and also added DH to the Xiaomi community, he is impressed).
Well, so far, note 8 has been refreshing.
Not much review now, but its most outstanding feature isn't so exceptional after all.
I have had a better camera from oppo with much lesser specs .12mp, which I will rate 8.5/10.
Well, maybe it was just the hypes with note 8 48mp.

I read some comments here about a girl's opinion of the note 8's camera, and some guys here were saying she probably doesn't know what good camera means.
I felt wow, note 8 must be so high then.
Not until I handled mine. Its 48mp isn't exactly what I expected. 7.3/10.
The front camera is out of it!.
But all the same, it's a significant upgrade from my note 3.
I think the note series generally don't have great cameras. Forget the number dem dey write for MP.
And yeah, I know what a good phone camera is and does.

The speed is incredible. I'm still finding it hard to use this on-screen buttons sha. If I need to click the space bar, sometimes I got the home button lol. And no, I got tiny fingers.
The sound is excellent and loud.
The phone is sleek.
We got blue and black colours. I love blue, but I got black.
And erm, I got a nano liquid screen protector from my seller, Maybach, I use YouTube to guide me through its installation but right now, I don't know if it worked. I mean, how does one test this? I'm not tempted to use my key to scratch my screen tho (illustrated in most of the videos I watched, but thank you, one even used hammer wtf?!) I am still getting a tempered glass sha.
I got a new case from my seller too. It's fresh, but it covered the phone's beauty, so I'm using the follow come silicone case, maybe for now until I don't find this phone special anymore ( which usually takes just a few weeks).
The battery is more than okay. I moved my data and apps from my old phone to note 8 using the Mi mover. Okay, talking about this now, I just realized shey I never move some bugs sef join like this?.
Cause e dey be like say I had more battery performance before I moved my apps abi na just my thinking? Cc gptech, grandmufti help me o.
Anyways on H+, it takes about 5 mins to lose 1% charge. I will have to compare it with my hubby's.

Dh already got an alert for the update to mini 11, but I never see anything. Not that I'm upgrading soon.

and Graphics is more than 'just okay.' Dark wallpapers make it come out better and beautiful.

overall 8/10. (for the price).

PS; I'm definitely selling in a few days! I got this for the camera, but I'm not impressed. no, be only me notice am.
Do you still want to sell? I am highly interested.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emperordachris(m): 1:34pm On Dec 30, 2019
BestAccessories:

Na wa, a used phone cost pass brand new phone.

Someone is selling brand new Xiaomi Mi A3 4GB/64GB for 60k. (BRAND NEW) and your acclaimed 2-month used Mi A3 is 65K same price a someone is selling a Mi A3 4GB/128GB (BRAND NEW).

He like say your used phone dey better than brand new phone abi.

Park Well.

It sells for 72k for the 64gb and 78k for the 128gb check slot joor
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kCatalyst: 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2019
peteregwu:

I have posted it here befire na. Just dial the *777#, 1, 1, then 7

Hello,

Please can someone help me out with recent and cheapest glo sub. code.

I saw one similar to mtn of #200 for 1gb but the 3days length is short.
Please help
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by EBUBS(m): 1:47pm On Dec 30, 2019
Fibonacci over legit... I really do appreciate...

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 2:13pm On Dec 30, 2019
Madam fibo has done Christmas/New year for me..... Make una help me thank am grin

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by repairpalng: 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
olanreyman:

Pls where is you place in Lagos

1 Bashiru Oweh Street, Off Medical Road, Computer Village, Ikeja. 08137013426
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 2:25pm On Dec 30, 2019
Vower, my guy is to pay 6500 for NCS and 3000 as DHL admin fee! How far with yours?!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:44pm On Dec 30, 2019
ganie:

Person wey I dey wait make he come again, I go surely give am better mark for body

Lol he will surely not be coming back soon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 2:51pm On Dec 30, 2019
maclawrence02:

Yes o, cos of two reasons
1. I used unlimited glo data (currently making waves #500 for one week) and downloaded about 5 different custom roms so I want to start experimentation.
2. I recently bought mi band 4 but whenever I connect the band to my phone after about 10mins it becomes very hot and my battery drains faster than the speed of light so I want to try another rom.

Abeg link to dguy selling this unlimited stuff. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:04pm On Dec 30, 2019
emperordachris:

It sells for 72k for the 64gb and 78k for the 128gb check slot joor

macbey.land:
Fresh Out of the Mines!.

Mi A3 4/128gb with tempered glass @ 65k. (2 pcs left)

Black.Arab:
New Deals Alert!!!

Mi A3 4gb+64gb - more than white (Global version) = ₦60,000

[/b]

This is Nairaland price for Mi A3. grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 3:35pm On Dec 30, 2019
Elslim:

Abeg link to dguy selling this unlimited stuff. Thanks
[/quote]
call this number 08053278247 he activated it for me. pls to be on the safe side do for 1 week @ 500. I've been using it (unlimited) for 3days now. if it stops I no go regret. Do @ your own risk.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:43pm On Dec 30, 2019
BestAccessories:

This is Nairaland price for Mi A3. grin grin grin
Leave this guy with his market na! It's his phone, he can put his desired price tag on it. Respect his deal!

(1) (2) (3) ... (6603) (6604) (6605) (6606) (6607) (6608) (6609) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: olayinkajnr(m) and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.