Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,136 members, 7,814,976 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:26 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6669) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9183631 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6666) (6667) (6668) (6669) (6670) (6671) (6672) ... (9316) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
fibonacci2526:

cry cry the touch sef no gree work again.

Kpele madam. If only the screen was not as expensive as RN7 am sure you would have changed it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 10:00pm On Jan 09, 2020
KngGezy:

At least it doesn't give us issues. We are always confident about were we put our money. No out of the carton issues, no software issues, no constant complaints. Just peace and smooth usage what's better than that

wink

Why are you fixated on this thread if you're not a fan?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 10:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
fibonacci2526:

cheesy cheesy that crappy A10, I can't even use it as a secondary phone. cheesy cheesy

Let's just call the A10 poor man's S10 grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:02pm On Jan 09, 2020
2kurupt:

Kpele madam. If only the screen was not as expensive as RN7 am sure you would have changed it

Am in sifia pains cry cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:07pm On Jan 09, 2020
Muhammadbiee:
No, not band 7. It's band 3 because Realme Q doesn't support band 7. When I'm within Kaduna metropolis, the 4G connection goes off. But whenever I'm in Zaria, I get the 4G connection back.
maybe they are testing band 3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sammylee002(m): 10:19pm On Jan 09, 2020
ganie:
I have a redmi 5 screen for sale,I ordered for it and before it arrived the phone I want to replace the screen with was stolen. Any interested person can contact me.
is it just remi 5 or remi 5+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sammylee002(m): 10:22pm On Jan 09, 2020
Gud evening guys... Do anybody want to see his/her remi 5+ or note 5...? Its urgent plz inbox me if u have for sell..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:29pm On Jan 09, 2020
fibonacci2526:

cheesy cheesy that crappy A10, I can't even use it as a secondary phone. cheesy cheesy
Una get time to waste ooo.... If ordinary Redmi 8 could compete with Samsung A20 series what hope does useless A10 has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pO0BBvnvXY

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ganie(m): 10:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
sammylee002:
is it just remi 5 or remi 5+
Redmi 5
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:35pm On Jan 09, 2020
KngGezy:

I cant laugh oga, I have noticed you are an extremist. Comparing Samsung and Infinix is an argument i wouldn't want to engage in. You can keep on comparing Xiaomi and Infinix they are in the same category.
You talk a lot of rubbish and it's okay.. shocked

What is not okay,is that you actually believe all the rubbish you talk about.. angry

12 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 10:38pm On Jan 09, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Yeah it's a London used S6 edge as i couldn't afford the brand new cry cry cry cry
shocked shocked
i don't believe it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:39pm On Jan 09, 2020
awoo47:
shocked shocked
i don't believe it

Yeah do you want to dash me s7 so that I can upgrade it? undecided

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kallmerb:
Una get time to waste ooo.... If ordinary Redmi 8 could compete with Samsung A20 series what hope does useless A10 has

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pO0BBvnvXY

cheesy cheesy

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 10:40pm On Jan 09, 2020
2kurupt:

madam ke? shey she be sisi ni?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 10:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Yeah do you want to dash me s7 so that I can upgrade it? undecided
i can give u infinix note 5(witth broken screen) cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jan 09, 2020
awoo47:
so we even get Samsung marketers too cheesy
wasn't expecting dat grin grin

I'm not a marketer oo
Samsung is not paying me. I just say what I think is right.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejiphill09(m): 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
GrandMufti:

Maybe they are also testing band 3

Within my Area they have been on Band 3 for like 1 year now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:43pm On Jan 09, 2020
Crixxx:

you're just a funny person.. unrepentant soul... Sammy is great just their processor and camera that is their down side and I don't know of battery tho.

It's good I let you know on time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ejiphill09:

Within my Area they have been on Band 3 for like 1 year now

They better be o.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejiphill09(m): 10:44pm On Jan 09, 2020
genius43:

Oga MTN don't use band 3. They only use bands 7 and 20. I would like you to prove me wrong though.

I respect you a whole lot but sometimes you argue ignorantly yeah.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:46pm On Jan 09, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Yeah it's a London used S6 edge as i couldn't afford the brand new cry cry cry cry

I didn't say so Ma'am. You are one of the big people on this thread. Who am I to insinuate such? I was just saying that by the side. It really had nothing to do with you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
saint2ace:

Sorry to ask but how old are u? It's unimaginable that for every foul comment u've ever criticised u're guilty of all and more. Moreso u've added subtle insults to it while shouting that u're been crucified.

Whoever schooled u in the arts must be very proud but I wonder where all these will put u in a couple of years to come. I truly wonder lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

I have never insulted and will never insult anyone here. I just say the truth and people misconstrue it to mean something else. I have max respect I'm sorry if my views hurt anyone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejiphill09(m): 10:48pm On Jan 09, 2020
Muhammadbiee:
I don't have time to argue with you. Believe me or not, it's upto you. I rest my case here, the truth will always reveal itself.
My brother free that guy... I do learn from him and respect him but sometimes even what he is not 100% sure will try to sound smart but ends up been foolish.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
akashi01:

Why are you fixated on this thread if you're not a fan?

I love this thread and the commentators. And I value some Xiaomi devices like Mi9T
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kingmanny88(m): 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2020
okikiosibodu:

Try to make phone call (you fit call customer care). Toggle between normal speak and speaker mode. Let us establish if its an hardware or software isssue
Thanks for your response. Did as you suggested, but still no change. However, I decided to slap the back speaker a couple of times, and, surprisingly, the sound returned.
Music player, YouTube, Instagram et al now have sound. It, however, does not seem to be as loud as before.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ogetogeo(m): 10:52pm On Jan 09, 2020
Torchlight and flashlight not coming on on Redmi Note 8 even after watching the button on.

Please, how can I fix this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 11:08pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kingmanny88:

Thanks for your response. Did as you suggested, but still no change. However, I decided to slap the back speaker a couple of times, and, surprisingly, the sound returned.
Music player, YouTube, Instagram et al now have sound. It, however, does not seem to be as loud as before.
It was an honour, coming through. Could it be your speaker is not in good contact with wire? E Don pass my knowledge sha, perhaps you ask a technician to check, nti avoid a reoccurrence
If to say you can't hear anything on phone and then it is audible on speaker mode while on calls, that is obviously a bad speaker.. But that is not the case here
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jan 09, 2020
Kingmanny88:

And they called me a joker. Sorry bro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 11:41pm On Jan 09, 2020
KngGezy:

And they called me a joker. Sorry bro
Which phone is dis? But we don't make noise

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Oluwasegun123(m): 11:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
Finally got myself a Xiaomi device ( Redmi 8 ). I'm absolutely loving it mehn

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 11:50pm On Jan 09, 2020
KngGezy:

I'm not a marketer oo
Samsung is not paying me. I just say what I think is right.

LoL.

Samsung is the perfect brand. Agreed.
Xiaomi is upcoming. Agreed.

What I still don't get is how you fail to see that nitpicking comments here to denigrate Xiaomi isn't a show of intelligence rather, it's a show of mental weakness (..no offence meant here.)

Always having to jump on when users have issues with their phones only shows how much of a threat Xiaomi is to Samsung. You're practically the one stirring up the Xiaomi v. Samsung comparison as most times, users here get Xiaomi phones and enjoy the value for whatever they get (..and admittedly, some do compare Xiaomi to Samsung!) I literally stopped taking you seriously when you said "all" equates to "most" at some point on this thread and mind you, I wasn't using a Mi device as at that time. There are a lot of YouTube reviewers (both paid and honest) giving Kudos to Xiaomi for offering great specs for affordable prices but you just shy away from anything good Xiaomi does. I understand it's immanent for a troll but then you still cry foul when people "insult" you for deliberately soiling their devices. What exactly do you want? You want to sully someone's phone and expect an attaboy? That's cool too!

Two months in with my Xiaomi RN8 and it's been cool so far. I have friends using A30s, A20, A70 and they still respect my phone. They praise it for being just "dope" at its price point and that's aight by me. Remember seanwilliams complained about his A10s or so and you said One UI is too bulky for it or some stuff... If a person using Xiaomi had done the same, you'd have said it's because Xiaomi is imperfect and upcoming and this and that... You can see your double standards?

A friend of mine got A30s and out-of-,the-box, the phone was always getting hot but it normalized after a week or so. She was scared it's a fault with the phone but since I'm the tech guy (..wetin I Sabi?) I just told her it'll be cool and literally, it was.

In all, enjoy whatever you've! Even for me, I'm already looking at Huawei or OnePlus as my next stop but MIUI is so damn sweet so I'd need some convincing switch.

Again, I'll say learn how to constructively criticize and know when to keep quiet and walk past. It'll do you all the good that there is.

--- BP.

28 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 11:54pm On Jan 09, 2020
If everybody comes here daily to testify to the joy they get from their devices every moment they do, then the testimonies will overshadow the complaints and what will people's reaction be? Hyping of the highest order.
And if they decide to enjoy their phones in silence or learn to get the best out of their phones without turning it into complains here, it leaves the majority of posts to those who needs help with one thing or the other or the infinitesimal percentage of those who are so unlucky with a defective unit. Then the reaction becomes: "A bad upcoming brand".

Sighs.
We go dey alright last last

11 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6666) (6667) (6668) (6669) (6670) (6671) (6672) ... (9316) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.