Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:37 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6740) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9283815 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 4:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
I don't understand why you have to put four cameras at the back of a phone when there are phones with one back camera that still outperform the four combined
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 4:34pm On Jan 20, 2020
olanreyman:
I don't understand why you have to put four cameras at the back of a phone when there are phones with one back camera that still outperform the four combined
Go ask new sammy a51 na big phone brand be that so they will know beta

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
olanreyman:

I understand that u don't understand but what I don't understand is why u are angry grin

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 5:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
olanreyman:

Have you seen the Sammy g20 ultra 5 leak? grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:08pm On Jan 20, 2020
olanreyman:

That was then. Did last Pixel come with one Camera? And still a phone that it's camera is better than the pixel

Even the best camera phone currently did not come with one camera.

Each camera has a purpose. Can a wide angle camera perform the functions of a Telephoto/Zoom lens or Ultrawide/Macro lens?

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
Elslim:

Have you seen the Sammy g20 ultra 5 leak? grin

grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:21pm On Jan 20, 2020
2kurupt:

Like seriously. Smartphone rear will soon start looking like a spider's face.

Personally I think it's just overkill coz las las na still DSLR sure pass.

As in eh... Anyway, this too shall pass grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaybeee(m): 5:25pm On Jan 20, 2020
Trying to update my MIUI redmi note 8, but it is down loading very slow.... Is it normal??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 5:27pm On Jan 20, 2020
genius43:

That was then. Did last Pixel come with one Camera? And still a phone that it's camera is better than the pixel

Each camera has a purpose. Can a wide angle camera perform the functions of a Telephoto/Zoom lens or Ultrawide/Macro lens?

Hmm, it's still overkill because no matter how good a camera phone is professional photographers will still stick to good ol' DSLR.

If we go by your theory that it's ok for all lens types to be represented on the backs of smartphones, then rear parts of smartphones will be fugly for real.

When Nokia's Carl Zeiss lens camera phones ruled with single lenses they still took better shots than what we're seeing now.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
2kurupt:

Hmm, it's still overkill because no matter how good a camera phone is professional photographers will still stick to good ol' DSLR.

If we go by your theory that it's ok for all lens types to be represented on the backs of smartphones, then rear parts of smartphones will be fugly for real.

When Nokia's Carl Zeiss lens camera phones ruled with single lenses they still took better shots than what we're seeing now.

But we know those Carl Zeiss lenses(Nokia 808 preview and lumia 1020) or the Samsung lenses on the Galaxy camera with their Xenon flashes ain't coming back to smartphones now that everyone is interested in how thin and light weight they expect there phones should be.

So we are stuck with this arrays of cameras.

A professional photographer would certainly value his Camera with his array of expensive lenses to a smartphone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 6:00pm On Jan 20, 2020
Redmi k20 pro users and mi 9T pro users and k20 and mi 9t

I have a camera question.
Can u zoom x2 while taking portrait photos or do u have to go closer to the person to snap.

Like in iPhones portrait shots are automatically on x2 zoom which is way better..
Is it available on redmi too
Cuz on my note 6 pro I even takes d subject further away. So I have to come very close to d person which can sometimes be uncomfortable.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 6:23pm On Jan 20, 2020
It takes forever to download small app on this Rn8. Am I the only one facing this?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 6:32pm On Jan 20, 2020
2kurupt:

Try Radio Garden

The app is just saying 'station unreachable' why.

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 6:34pm On Jan 20, 2020
Osyxcel:

You can download Radio Garden from Playstore.

To me, it's even better than TuneIn.

Pls best app I can listen to international stations live
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 6:37pm On Jan 20, 2020
Deeni131:

Pls best app I can listen to international stations live

That's the same app you're quoting. You can listen to radio stations in almost every country of the world. All you have to do is rotate the world map.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2020
Deeni131:

The station's streaming service could be off.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 6:39pm On Jan 20, 2020
2kurupt:

Nokia phones of the past did not take better shots than current Smartphone Cameras,that's a big fat lie..

The Nokia 808 Preview Night shots are not that great,for one..

The truth still remains that the best Camera you have will always be the one you have with you..

The vast majority of picture Snappers are the non Professionals and for them,the recent advances in phone photography are welcome.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 6:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
Elslim:
Ghen ghen grin
What are we selling here? Cameras or phone?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 6:42pm On Jan 20, 2020
shedy03:

tongue
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 7:03pm On Jan 20, 2020
xvbill:
I have some xiaomis for sale. All are Brand new sealed. 1. Xiaomi Mi a2 lite. Golden color. Ideal Phone for people that prefer compact device for one hand operation. (4/32gb) 5.8" display. 2. Xiaomi redmi note 6 pro. Blue color. (4/64gb) price are 52k & 56k respectively. Call 08167161773. Abuja
Definitely compact, very comfortable use with one hand.
Clean Android without bloatware.
Enjoying one right now

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emmanuelProdigy(m): 7:04pm On Jan 20, 2020
Anonymous:
I'm just going to leave this here. RN7

What's the name of the theme please
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 7:06pm On Jan 20, 2020
shedy03:

Camera phones.. shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WHITELIGHTER: 7:19pm On Jan 20, 2020
Hmmmm

RN8

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 7:20pm On Jan 20, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Camera phones.. shocked
lols
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 7:36pm On Jan 20, 2020
Deeni131:
It takes forever to download small app on this Rn8. Am I the only one facing this?

downloading has nothing to do with d fone, check ur network
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:40pm On Jan 20, 2020
Deeni131:

Those green dots on the map represent the online stations based on their location on the globe.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:46pm On Jan 20, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Nokia phones of the past did not take better shots than current Smartphone Cameras,that's a big fat lie..

The Nokia 808 Preview Night shots are not that great,for one..

The truth still remains that the best Camera you have will always be the one you have with you..

The vast majority of picture Snappers are the non Professionals and for them,the recent advances in phone photography are welcome.

Did you get to use the said Carl Zeiss lens camera phones to their fullest?

OEMs will always have a filled day preying on the ignorance of the so-called non professionals as you call them.

I still stand to be corrected that all the lens & optimisation fitted in smartphones won't still be enough to replace a DSLR.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 7:52pm On Jan 20, 2020
genius43:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:01pm On Jan 20, 2020
Deeni131:
so your network issues should be blamed on the phone

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:11pm On Jan 20, 2020
Tiger2020:
so your network issues should be blamed on the phone
Hehehehehe

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 8:13pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mrviktor:

Also which has best sound.

Mi piston wired ear piece
Wireless ear piece
Or
D akg.
save up and get ursef a KZ earphone with detachable cord and rest, if u don't u will end up buying more earphones till u see a finely dug hole in ur pocket.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 8:26pm On Jan 20, 2020
Mckandre:
save up and get ursef a KZ earphone with detachable cord and rest, if u don't u will end up buying more earphones till u see a finely dug hole in ur pocket.
How much sir?

(1) (2) (3) ... (6737) (6738) (6739) (6740) (6741) (6742) (6743) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.