Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,224 members, 7,836,078 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 08:29 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6791) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9357197 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6788) (6789) (6790) (6791) (6792) (6793) (6794) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 5:53pm On Jan 31, 2020
ElvisMcCoy:
It has been a while we heard from Meshach Martins. I hope he's doing well?
baba... I hail thee ooo
I dey alright
I just dey busy with school stuff and this thread too dey run ooh I no fit keep up again smiley ...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
chrisja:

So the recommendation is I turn off network when not in use? Mehn, that's a though one...

Or switch to a network with better stability

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
chrisja:

I have turned off Bluetooth and WiFi Scanning and below is the Battery usage for today
Your GPS is also switched on, also poor network affect battery life
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 5:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
Wow! Glad you're doing okay. That's all we needed to know...

MeshachMARTINS:
baba... I hail thee ooo
I dey alright
I just dey busy with school stuff and this thread too dey run ooh I no fit keep up again smiley ...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jesse8048(m): 5:59pm On Jan 31, 2020
genius43:

They didn't indicate but from real user or personal hands on experience the notification led is not present on the Redmi Note 8T

That's why I brought the question here cos I needed real life users experience. Is there any mid range xaiomi phone about to launched soonest? I don't want to buy 8pro now and in the next 3months 9pro will be out. My redmi 5plus is still serving.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MeshachMARTINS(m): 6:01pm On Jan 31, 2020
ElvisMcCoy:
Wow! Glad you're doing okay. That's all we needed to know...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ddjay: 6:11pm On Jan 31, 2020
KngGezy:

Cause Chaos?

I think I may have to mail Seun. Because this is totally untrue. As far as I haven't gone against any rule you cannot ban me. I haven't been banned for my over 3 years on Nairaland. And you cannot ban me for nothing. And I am not complaining but I put it straight up to you that this section is being massively trolled and rules being massively broken. And no one has done nothing about it. I have never seen your comment on those making use of serious derogatory words. Infact most times reported comments stay for weeks unattended to. Even the other time it was a supermod who came to attend to this section because I mentioned Seun. I cant but wonder if this is pro justice or antijustice. I wouldn't publicly address a mod but you quoted me. And I have every right under the rules guiding this forum to reply you. And as far as I have done no wrong i cannot be banned.

Cc Seun
Dominique
I wish i saw this earlier, but i thank God that dragnet has put it to you the way we have been saying it all this while THAT YOU ARE INCITING NAIRALANDERS AGAINST THEMSELVES, as for me, go to earlier pages of infinix thread and see where we gave the reasons for calling infinix a crap, we are not abusing the users, not even the people that made it so there is no point to say we are derailing the thread, i have used 3 models of infinix and so my do all the people bringing simple after sale problems to the thread, go to infinix xclub and see the complains there too, even repairers are having a field day. As for xiaomi, most of the problems u see are because of tweeking to bypass android installation errors like "problem parsing" and "app not installed" and also changing from Chinese rom to global... but above all, there is nothing wrong with xiaomi that will worth comparing with infinix, i wonder why you had to do that. Lastly if you cannot counter a point, then leave it, and stop making people to abuse each other.
Cc drjprince dragnet

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisja(m): 6:20pm On Jan 31, 2020
eby001:

Your GPS is also switched on, also poor network affect battery life
Nope, my GPS is 90% of the time off... I use MTN on d phone & I keep it fixed on 3G.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2020
jboixxx:
Snapping Redmi with Redmi grin grin grin. You're welcome.
Yes of course, am upgrading from mi A2 lite to RN7pro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:45pm On Jan 31, 2020
ddjay:

I wish i saw this earlier, but i thank God that dragnet has put it to you the way we have been saying it all this while THAT YOU ARE INCITING NAIRALANDERS AGAINST THEMSELVES, as for me, go to earlier pages of infinix thread and see where we gave the reasons for calling infinix a crap, we are not abusing the users, not even the people that made it so there is no point to say we are derailing the thread, i have used 3 models of infinix and so my do all the people bringing simple after sale problems to the thread, go to infinix xclub and see the complains there too, even repairers are having a field day. As for xiaomi, most of the problems u see are because of tweeking to bypass android installation errors like "problem parsing" and "app not installed" and also changing from Chinese rom to global... but above all, there is nothing wrong with xiaomi that will worth comparing with infinix, i wonder why you had to do that. Lastly if you cannot counter a point, then leave it, and stop making people to abuse each other.

Guy, why na?

We've said here times without number that guys should stop quoting it. And you still copied Mr. Drag.net in it again?

He's in banland and he shouldn't be quoted to avoid a repeat else, it'll look as though we are the ones with issues and not him.

Please desist from quoting him.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GSteve001(m): 6:52pm On Jan 31, 2020
Please i need RN8 in port harcourt, I'll prefer a physical store to online store..if you can connect me to a store, I'll appreciate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 6:58pm On Jan 31, 2020
genius43:

I have tested 7.0.009 V13 on that device and it works fine when you apply the Config file properly.
How would one know if the config file is applied properly?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 7:38pm On Jan 31, 2020
Joshkid:
What version of Gcam is this?... I need to try it out on my RN8 too

Gcam version 7.0.009 V13 + config file. See Genius43 response to Toyorsih on page 6741.

Lemme tease you a little with Gcam Night Sight. What about the Photo Sphere mode with the Fish Eye Effect. Superb!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 7:41pm On Jan 31, 2020
Joshkid:
What version of Gcam is this?... I need to try it out on my RN8 too

Gcam version 7.0.009 V13 + config file. See Genius43 response to Toyorsih on page 6741.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 7:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
GSteve001:
Please i need RN8 in port harcourt, I'll prefer a physical store to online store..if you can connect me to a store, I'll appreciate.
Macbeyland
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LeiderJa: 7:51pm On Jan 31, 2020
Men dem and ladies dem

I have a problem. I recently bought a k20 pro premium and this thing came with chinese rom.

i cant import my contacts and i cant do anything google based. i cant even use apps like truecaller. It's very annoying. Mandarin everywhere cry cry

So I have come to consult the genius oracles on how I can change this thing to global rom. Thank You
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:54pm On Jan 31, 2020
leTrizzle:

How would one know if the config file is applied properly?

How do I answer this question now.

It should work fine and produce good output if you add your little skills and follow basic photography rules
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:55pm On Jan 31, 2020
LeiderJa:
Men dem and ladies dem

I have a problem. I recently bought a k20 pro premium and this thing came with chinese rom.

i cant import my contacts and i cant do anything google based. i cant even use apps like truecaller. It's very annoying. Mandarin everywhere cry cry

So I have come to consult the genius oracles on how I can change this thing to global rom. Thank You

Move to the tweaking thread you will attended to properly there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uctomide(m): 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
GSteve001:

Macbeyland all the way
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LeiderJa: 7:57pm On Jan 31, 2020
genius43:

Move to the tweaking thread you will attended to properly there
Bless you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 8:03pm On Jan 31, 2020
genius43:

How do I answer this question now.

It should work fine and produce good output if you add your little skills and follow basic photography rules
OK. Meaning it would still take shots but not like the dope ones most of us installed the app for?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:09pm On Jan 31, 2020
leTrizzle:

OK. Meaning it would still take shots but not like the dope ones most of us installed the app for?

Photography is more than just hardware and a good software. Hope you installed your GCam and applied Config file properly sha?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Biafrareform(m): 8:13pm On Jan 31, 2020
Still asking . How do I stop donwloaded videos from appearing in my camera row.

This is very annoying

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:16pm On Jan 31, 2020
Biafrareform:
Still asking . How do I stop donwloaded videos from appearing in my camera row.

This is very annoying

Have you checked gallery settings?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 8:24pm On Jan 31, 2020
genius43:

Photography is more than just hardware and a good software. Hope you installed your GCam and applied Config file properly sha?
I installed and applied config, just don't know if I did right.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akanuohafia: 8:26pm On Jan 31, 2020
have decided to join xioami fone users. pls how can i buy one. location is kaduna, budget 35k, pls note am not currently using a whatsapp enabled fone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:29pm On Jan 31, 2020
MeshachMARTINS:
no be lie ooh
How una dey na?
welcome back,anything for us?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

Please check your GCam app info. I want to confirm if I'm using the same version. This is my GCam info

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 8:31pm On Jan 31, 2020
GSteve001:
Blue, white and black available in Port Harcourt for instant pickup. Call /whatsapp 08062907289
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:32pm On Jan 31, 2020
Xiaomi has done it again,still maintains their position but but they are up coming brand

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jan 31, 2020
jesse8048:

That's why I brought the question here cos I needed real life users experience. Is there any mid range xaiomi phone about to launched soonest? I don't want to buy 8pro now and in the next 3months 9pro will be out. My redmi 5plus is still serving.

9 & 9 pro is coming out in March. You can check the video on Youtube
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 8:44pm On Jan 31, 2020
GSteve001:
macbeyland sells xiaomi phones and he is in PH,you can meet with him

(1) (2) (3) ... (6788) (6789) (6790) (6791) (6792) (6793) (6794) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Cyril009(m), mercky1(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.