Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,546 members, 7,816,327 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:37 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9194498 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6859) (6860) (6861) (6862) (6863) (6864) (6865) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
Ronin1:
How do I get rid of this ad that keeps popping up on my gallery app after playing a video
Change region to Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
Nessy1:
Not really my ba3 drains even when the screens off. I bought the phone on Thursday and I only charged it again jux today only for it to be draining so much... didn't experience this problem since 2days ago o

Graphs don't lie
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Abara4iyke(m): 3:32pm On Feb 16, 2020
Any other interesting mission game aside PUGB, I don't understand that game abeg and also between PES and FIFA which is better on phones.. RN8 users... Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 3:50pm On Feb 16, 2020
Abara4iyke:
Any other interesting mission game aside PUGB, I don't understand that game abeg and also between PES and FIFA which is better on phones.. RN8 users... Thanks

PES is better than FIFA MOBILE.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 3:55pm On Feb 16, 2020
famep:

pls does redmi8 play Cod or pubg without lagging?
does it play pubg/CoD? Yes. Does it lag? 80%
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sirchris4u(m): 4:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
famep:
pls does redmi8 play Cod or pubg without lagging?
plays pubg without lagging, haven't tried COD yet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sirchris4u(m): 4:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Mckandre:
plays pubg without lagging
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 4:08pm On Feb 16, 2020
sirchris4u:

plays pubg without lagging

Mckandre:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 4:34pm On Feb 16, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

Rocking my 11.0.3.0 with Oct security patch. No android system drainer issues. Everything smooth! I downloaded 11.0.4.0 kept in a folder to cool off. The only time I will update is the 2nd update push of Android 10.
See my own, I wonder why I haven't gotten that update. Redmi note 8T though.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 4:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
Luisema4luv:

Ur upload no capture d last 2,so na my own b dis. Help me check if he tally

You're correct, my bad. Tune the last 2 toggles to 3.0 & 9.2 respectively

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uptimum123(m): 4:38pm On Feb 16, 2020
Abara4iyke:

PUBG sweet die...na my network dey Bleep me up most times...all you have to do is to be the last man standing,so equip ur self with weapons by going inside the houses,also make sure you don't stay too long outside the safe zone which is the circle you see when you click on the map.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
uptimum123:

PUBG sweet die...na my network dey Bleep me up most times...all you have to do is to be the last man standing,so equip ur self with weapons by going inside the houses,also make sure you don't stay too long outside the safe zone which is the circle you see when you click on the map.

Call of duty is where the action is.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 4:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
2kurupt:

What's this for?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2020
2kurupt:

My poweramp app refuses to open after the first installation/use. Please any help?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 4:45pm On Feb 16, 2020
Mckandre:

Lol. No mind them Mckandre. Even PUBG lags on RN7. Not to talk of Redmi 8.

If we want to promote our devices, we shouldn't lie about it. I know Redmi 8 fan boys will quote me on this, probably with an insult as usual. grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jacobx007: 5:04pm On Feb 16, 2020
My Redmi note 5 could not play videos on the DSTV Now app, it says device is not certified by Google, Is there any solution to it?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2020
Jacobx007:
My Redmi note 5 could not play videos on the DSTV Now app, it says device is not certified by Google, Is there any solution to it?

You are probably using a Chinese Version with global ROM, meaning the bootloader has been Unlocked.

If a bootloader have been Unlocked DStv Now won't work.

And for your own sake don't attempt to lock your bootloader.

Some reason I advice people to stick with Global Versions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by uptimum123(m): 5:27pm On Feb 16, 2020
Drizzle007:

Hmm will probably download and see
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chrisnando: 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
genius43:

You are probably using a Chinese Version with global ROM, meaning the bootloader has been Unlocked.

What if your device is global version and bootloader is unlocked, will the device still be google certified?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:39pm On Feb 16, 2020
chrisnando:

What if your device is global version and bootloader is unlocked, will the device still be google certified?

Nope
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 5:43pm On Feb 16, 2020
leTrizzle:

My poweramp app refuses to open after the first installation/use. Please any help?

Are you using a crack version?

Drizzle007:

What's this for?

My preferred Poweramp eq setting
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 5:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
Drizzle007:

Call of duty is actually nice... Just get the highest kills.

But they're all online games, that's where the issue is, considering the poor internet conditions in this part of the world. Deleted my COD this evening.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 6:05pm On Feb 16, 2020
Drizzle007:

you be man wey sabi. I uninstalled PUBG the first day I played COD mobile.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mckandre(m): 6:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
Osyxcel:

But they're all online games, that's where the issue is, considering the poor internet conditions in this part of the world. Deleted my COD this evening.
network? Where I stay na 2g i dey use play sef with negligible lags. 3g drinks data like mad but to enjoy it more I play with nightplan.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 6:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
2kurupt:

Are you using a crack version?

My preferred Poweramp eq setting
I think so, it's from aptoide. Was trying to get the full version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
leTrizzle:

I think so, it's from aptoide. Was trying to get the full version.

Buy the full version from Playstore and enjoy

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2020
Osyxcel:

Before commencing:

This is solely my opinion. I have and play both games when time and network connection will allow.

CoDM: Here the action is at breakneck speed, especially in the team rumble. Kills are easily gotten but dying is easier as well. The battle Royale mode is a bit more evenly paced but what counts here is speed, reflexes and reaction time. Very little strategy needed. I feel that the Battle Royale mode on this game felt like an afterthought as it wasn't properly though out. The graphics feel pixelated and the physics are dodgy. The Team Rumble on the other hand is what keeps bringing me back.

PUBG: has a team battle mode which I never play. Compared to that on CoDM, it's not fun at all. Where PUBG excels at is what it was built for, battle Royale! The action here may not come thick and fast but when it does, the adrenaline you burn would make a cheetah envious. The graphics are well crafted, the landscape gives a lot of tactical options and strategic placement, the physics would give any console game an envious green feeling. Apart from the occasional bot, scoring a kill in PUBG against a good opponent feels like 10 CoDM kills to me. You'll understand when you play 10 games at diamond level and score O kills. You might think you're well hidden till an AWM equipped with an 8x scope headshots you from 400m away.

Final word: If you want quick relentless action with a small kill field and plenty of targets running around to aim at, play team rumble on CoDM.

If you want a good, tactical experience, a gaming experience meticulously thought out where only your imagination will limit what you can do on the battlefield, where every kill feels like Christmas, PUBG battle royale. No other comes close.

17 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 6:23pm On Feb 16, 2020
Mckandre:
network? Where I stay na 2g i dey use play sef with negligible lags. 3g drinks data like mad but to enjoy it more I play with nightplan.

Lol. You play at night when network is relatively stable na. During that period, I sleep. grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Osyxcel(m): 6:29pm On Feb 16, 2020
atheistandproud:

Before commencing:

This is solely my opinion. I have and play both games when time and network connection will allow.

CoDM: Here the action is at breakneck speed, especially in the team rumble. Kills are easily gotten but dying is easier as well. The battle Royale mode is a bit more evenly paced but what counts here is speed, reflexes and reaction time. Very little strategy needed. I feel that the Battle Royale mode on this game felt like an afterthought as it wasn't properly though out. The graphics feel pixelated and the physics are dodgy. The Team Rumble on the other hand is what keeps bringing me back.

PUBG: has a team battle mode which I never play. Compared to that on CoDM, it's not fun at all. Where PUBG excels at is what it was built for, battle Royale! The action here may not come thick and fast but when it does, the adrenaline you burn would make a cheetah envious. The graphics are well crafted, the landscape gives a lot of tactical options and strategic placement, the physics would give any console game an envious green feeling. Apart from the occasional bot, scoring a kill in PUBG against a good opponent feels like 10 CoDM kills to me. You'll understand when you play 10 games at diamond level and score O kills. You might think you're well hidden till an AWM equipped with an 8x scope headshots you from 400m away.

Final word: If you want quick relentless action with a small kill field and plenty of targets running around to aim at, play team rumble on CoDM.

If you want a good, tactical experience, a gaming experience meticulously thought out where only your imagination will limit what you can do on the battlefield, where every kill feels like Christmas, PUBG battle royale. No other comes close.

Well said...

I've played both. I enjoy quick relentless action because of time nd network factors, so I enjoyed COD more. I also played the famous COD: Modern Warfare and litlle bit of Black Ops on PC, so there's a little bit of sentiment.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 6:31pm On Feb 16, 2020
atheistandproud:

Before commencing:

True. I don't really enjoy Battle Royale games that much (I hate Fortnite, for example). PUBG was really nice until I discovered CODM multiplayer modes.

Tried the CODM Battle Royale mode once, and I agree, PUBG offers a far better Battle Royale experience. I'm not going back though.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
Osyxcel:

Well said...

I've played both. I enjoy quick relentless action because of time nd network factors, so I enjoyed COD more. I also played the famous COD: Modern Warfare and litlle bit of Black Ops on PC, so there's a little bit of sentiment.

Bahddo:
True. I don't really enjoy Battle Royale games that much (I hate Fortnite, for example). PUBG was really nice until I discovered CODM multiplayer modes.

Tried the CODM Battle Royale mode once, and I agree, PUBG offers a far better Battle Royale experience. I'm not going back though.

Thanks guys.

I find the CoDM Vs PUBG argument very tiring. Even though some of their modes overlap. They're built specifically for different options.

That's why Battle Royale people will always claim PUBG is better and Team Rumble people will disagree and say CoDM is far better.

PUBG only added Team Rumble when they saw that CoDM had it and CoDM only unlocks Battle Royale after you have mastered the Team Rumble. Do you see what both games did there?

Apples Vs Pineapples, grin grin grin grin

Both are excellent at what they're good for. Pick your spec and enjoy.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jacobx007: 6:41pm On Feb 16, 2020
genius43:

Thank you bro

(1) (2) (3) ... (6859) (6860) (6861) (6862) (6863) (6864) (6865) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.