Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,365 members, 7,826,432 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (6961) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9271780 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6958) (6959) (6960) (6961) (6962) (6963) (6964) ... (9321) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reprobate: 7:18pm On Mar 16, 2020
so I was searching for a phone with IR, massive 4g bands, radio etc...and only 7 phones met the criteria, xiaomi note 10 pro being chief among them, I observed it has a whooping 108MP camera..
is anyone using the fone here, and is there anything I should be aware of.
thanks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 7:30pm On Mar 16, 2020
You're welcome... Yes we are aware... You're on the Xiaomi thread after all...

Reprobate:
so I was searching for a phone with IR, massive 4g bands, radio etc...and only 7 phones met the criteria, xiaomi note 10 pro being chief among them, I observed it has a whooping 108MP camera..
is anyone using the fone here, and is there anything I should be aware of.
thanks!

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by emmohh(m): 7:34pm On Mar 16, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Pls can you send it to me tru telegram? I would really appreciate it. Telegram username: Treblechamp, thanks..

Just search game industry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 7:43pm On Mar 16, 2020
Gptech:

In terms of processing, the Lenovo is really better, but I will go for the note 7 anyday because of software support, plus it has a bigger battery, the Lenovo looks more beautiful though.
An unbiased post!....... Them no go see this one now o undecided

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 7:46pm On Mar 16, 2020
Gptech:

Brainwash faya! The only worthy upgrade na the Redmi note 9 pro max, forget anything 8 for now jare, 'old things have passed away grin'.
grin grin grin wink cheesy Lol. Na you dem suppose dey call "Olote".. We'll say the same for Redmi 9 series in a few months tongue..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vibesking(m): 7:52pm On Mar 16, 2020
So far so good... Samsung browser has been the best for surfing. Mi Browser was great until the recent update– couldn't properly render some sites in desktop mode. Still prefer it over Chrome nonetheless.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 7:56pm On Mar 16, 2020
atheistandproud:

It's called obsolescence.

Obsolescence is the state of being which occurs when an object, service, or practice is no longer wanted even though it may still be in good working order.

They try to make the piece of tech or item sold to you previously obsolete so you can buy a new one.

There's several types but in the smartphone world, the two most important are
1. Planned obsolescence
2. Forced obsolescence

Thanks. Yo just added to my knowledge. wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 8:01pm On Mar 16, 2020
Vibesking:
So far so good... Samsung browser has been the best for surfing. Mi Browser was great until the recent update– couldn't properly render some sites in desktop mode. Still prefer it over Chrome nonetheless.
Av been ignoring the Mi browser on my RN7pro fa.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:07pm On Mar 16, 2020
Vibesking:

Download adguard content blocker for Samsung browser and say bye bye to ads when browsing

1 Like 5 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:18pm On Mar 16, 2020
micxwell:
Thanks. Yo just added to my knowledge. wink

You're welcome sir

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 8:50pm On Mar 16, 2020
micxwell:

grin grin grin wink cheesy Lol. Na you dem suppose dey call "Olote".. We'll say the same for Redmi 9 series in a few months tongue..
No wonder the Redmi note 4 is still relevant wink.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joseph214(m): 8:56pm On Mar 16, 2020
funkdr:
pls is this an app, how does it work?. Thanks
It's a backup app but it also has a call recorder function. I use it on my redmi note 8 and it records most calls. But it's not always accurate. luli4life

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leonard002(m): 9:11pm On Mar 16, 2020
Anyone with idea of how I can get the strap of Xiaomi Mi band 4
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Diiike(m): 9:52pm On Mar 16, 2020
AirVaans:
1.5GB update?, based on Android 10?, And which device is this?

Redmi note 5A android v7.1 it's been a while I've downloaded an update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Diiike(m): 9:53pm On Mar 16, 2020
Gptech:

Replacement will cost around 4k, you'll need to ship it down here.
Thank you would contact when I'm ready to change the battery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vibesking(m): 10:12pm On Mar 16, 2020
shedy03:

Av been ignoring the Mi browser on my RN7pro fa.
Honestly it used to be my favourite. The speed was superb and the desktop string was really effective. It could render pages (in desktop mode) that ordinarily had glitches when accessed with chrome. But since the new update, they made a flop.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Vibesking(m): 10:13pm On Mar 16, 2020
GrandMufti:

Download adguard content blocker for Samsung browser and say bye bye to ads when browsing
Thank you so much for the recommendation. Will do asap

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 11:05pm On Mar 16, 2020
leonard002:
cc: busuyi44
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 11:30pm On Mar 16, 2020
Vibesking:
Honestly it used to be my favourite. The speed was superb and the desktop string was really effective. It could render pages (in desktop mode) that ordinarily had glitches when accessed with chrome. But since the new update, they made a flop.
Something like this huh?
I decline to update my mi browser, the desktop rendering is smooth.

1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Hargbo(m): 11:49pm On Mar 16, 2020
Billygent:
Off topic, I will be getting a UK used laptop today, what are the things to check out for so I won't end up buying fake or bad laptop. Budget is 90k, recommendations will be appreciated too. Thanks
The Laptop usage will determine the Specification you need to check out for, I personally prefer SSD over HDD and I won't buy anything less than Core i5 with 8gb of ram, battery at least three hours

but basically
check the ram, HDD/SDD

Check the Processor type and speed

Check all the Keyboards key and make sure you they are all working, if any of the button cease, just run and don't even hear any story unless you are planning to change the whole keyboard after purchase

Test the Bluetooth and WiFi

Test the Webcam

Test the Sound

Test and Check all the Ports and make sure they are all working,

Check the Battery Life and strength (don't trust the seller Battery Judgement, test it yourself)

Check the Charger

Also make sure the Flex does not have issue

Finally, make sure it's not a stolen Laptop, get a signed receipt, snap a selfie with the Guy while holding the Laptop and receipt...

If you can check all this Box, You are green to go

10 Likes 8 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 5:04am On Mar 17, 2020
leonard002:

Available.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 5:57am On Mar 17, 2020
Tiger2020:
I got to know about xiaomi phone (RN5 in particular)through google and xiaomi global groups on facebook,as of that time i was contemplating between Asus zenfone Max pro m1 and RN5 because my interest was performance at an affordable price,but what convinced me to get RN5 was because of the support the brand gives to their phone which was always testified on Facebook pages and groups,
Though reading comments on NL which confirmed what they were saying on Facebook ,
Las las i got my first Xiaomi phone from here through one of the most trusted sellers(macbeyland) here who i knew not at that time,
Some might not know about NL but many made their decisions based on what they got here
thanks for your patronage and continued trust in us.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 6:26am On Mar 17, 2020
shedy03:

Something like this huh?
I decline to update my mi browser, the desktop rendering is smooth.
Please check the version of this your Mi Browser. I'd like to downgrade it. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IdeeEsperanza(m): 6:28am On Mar 17, 2020
Reading through the pages really got me grinning grin. Which one is Nairaland phone again grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 6:39am On Mar 17, 2020
GrandMufti:

That's the browser I use for all my torrenting
Very precise
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 7:34am On Mar 17, 2020
IdeeEsperanza:

Please check the version of this your Mi Browser. I'd like to downgrade it. Thanks

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 8:22am On Mar 17, 2020
macbeyland:
thanks for your patronage and continued trust in us.
How far, has your RN9 Pro/Pro Max shipment landing in Nigeria yet?,, when you go get them in stock to sell?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by funkdr(m): 8:37am On Mar 17, 2020
busuyi44:

Available.
also interested, how do I get it especially black?.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Carnage4life: 8:39am On Mar 17, 2020
seunfly:

That is it, i buy good technology that serves me well and when it can no longer serves me the way i want, i move on to d next.
Personaly i buy the best at the moment knowing fully well that it may take me longer time to buy another one or sometimes what will serve me what future can offer. For instsnce i'm gamer so i buy phones with the best gpu and processor that can handle the most powerful games that may be released in a year or two ( not necessarily the most expensive) but the one that can get the job done.
That is why i normally discourage people from buying 2 or 3 years old samsung, iphone or so called classy brands because most of the time the technology has suppased them and they may not be able to handle the future.
I will rather buy quality but not fancy present, than quality fancy past.
I see people flash me 3 years old iphone that they just bought for 150k and i laugh within me because the phone is slower and most likely will not be capable of handling what is coming in december, where as u can get present day phone that could handle what is coming in december next year for same amount.

I get what you mean but you can actually recommend an older flagship if the SOC is faster than the present day phone. Especially if you're a gamer on a budget and you want a powerful chipset.
The 3 year iPhone should be the X,8+ and 8 using the A11 chips. Those phones are still very fast.
Same way a 2017 or 2018 Andriod running snapdragon 835 / 845 from the "classy brands" will handle anything intensive for a while.
You can check youtube for speedtests and real life usage videos if you doubt me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Diiike(m): 8:46am On Mar 17, 2020
Please What's the best xioami phone I can get with a budget of 40k.
More concerned about battery life tho. Thanks

Gptech GrandMufti lordfalcao macbeyland Ifedith
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stano2(m): 8:55am On Mar 17, 2020
Please who has Redmi 8 for sale?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seunfly: 9:46am On Mar 17, 2020
Carnage4life:

I get what you mean but you can actually recommend an older flagship if the SOC is faster than the present day phone. Especially if you're a gamer on a budget and you want a powerful chipset.
The 3 year iPhone should be the X,8+ and 8 using the A11 chips. Those phones are still very fast.
Same way a 2017 or 2018 Andriod running snapdragon 835 / 845 from the "classy brands" will handle anything intensive for a while.
You can check youtube for speedtests and real life usage videos if you doubt me.
Yes u are right, but will i not be stupid to spend 180k on
new iphone 8 or samsung galaxy s 8 when i can actually get realme x 2 pro with snapdragon 855+, 60 watt charger and other latest technology or better still buy xiaomi 10 with with snapdragon 855+ 30 watt charger, possible wireless charging and all modern technology and latest software for equal or less than the amount of older classy brands.

Generally this ur suggestion works mostly with lower midrange phones and if u check the price, the lower midrange phones will be far cheaper that the possible faster chips may not be factor anymore.
Most older versions dont get support anymore and if they do, it may be compromised support to rather kill the phone instead of making it efficient in the case of iphone.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (6958) (6959) (6960) (6961) (6962) (6963) (6964) ... (9321) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: Brooke60(f) and 5 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.