Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,650 members, 7,851,205 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 03:05 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9418528 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7109) (7110) (7111) (7112) (7113) (7114) (7115) ... (9329) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:09pm On Apr 21, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bolutumiii(m): 7:10pm On Apr 21, 2020
Hi fellow Xiaomite, Pls i am planning to change my phone but i am torn between redmi note 8 and the note 9s, i love virtually everything about the note 8 design, note 9s on the other hand , i know its going to pack some of the latest technologies but i dont like the curved back and i feel the screen will be too big for me coupled with the fact that its not available yet. Guys, help out anyone that has used the note 8 or will be missing out real big if i dont get the note 9s #Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 7:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
branham890:
jumia has disappointed me,hw long would i wait nw

Hehe. .. online shopping is not for you ... Don't try shopping on international websites sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:15pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bolutumiii:
Hi fellow Xiaomite, Pls i am planning to change my phone but i am torn between redmi note 8 and the note 9s, i love virtually everything about the note 8 design, note 9s on the other hand , i know its going to pack some of the latest technologies but i dont like the curved back and i feel the screen will be too big for me coupled with the fact that its not available yet. Guys, help out anyone that has used the note 8 or will be missing out real big if i dont get the note 9s #Thanks

The performance difference between the RN8 and RN9s is wide. And the RN9s will soon be released in Nigeria if we go by the teasers from Xiaomi Nigeria social media pages

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:33pm On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:

The performance difference between the RN8 and RN9s is wide. And the RN9s will soon be released in Nigeria if we go by the teasers from Xiaomi Nigeria social media pages
released in lock down..... lemme laugh... people outside the country haven't received it yet.... its only on pre-order... if he can wait 3month though...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
segunmelvin1:
released in lock down..... lemme laugh... people outside the country haven't received it yet.... its only on pre-order... if he can wait 3month though...

An official corporate affair is different from petty retailers. Cargo planes are still coming into the country.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:37pm On Apr 21, 2020
GrandMufti:

grin grin grin

Dem don delete the ad sef. So e reach to vex

Lmao grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 7:38pm On Apr 21, 2020
segunmelvin1:
three months ke

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
@festwiz shey I tell you. Them don dey show.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:39pm On Apr 21, 2020
Tiger2020:
three months ke

Na him dey in charge of package dispatch. I no know wetin consign country launch and 3 months.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidieberry(m): 7:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
jboixxx:
I tire for them.o, especially that Ibadan guy. grin grin
if i wozz u ehn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ronin1: 7:48pm On Apr 21, 2020
Xionez:

I can help with this. The method I use is the ADB method of debloating.
It doesn't require root and you can remove any bloat that is not associated with the normal workings of your phone.
I do this every time I update my phone.

First, you will need to get the app properties. So go to Settings -> Apps -> Manage apps -> Tap on the GetApp -> Tap on the info Icon (just under your battery icon, at the topmost right) -> Write out the APK name.

Secondly, you will need a USB-C cable and a Laptop/PC

Once done, head to this link below (edit and remove the spaces)

https:// www. xda-developers. come /uninstall-carrier-oem-bloatware-without-root-access/amp/

Follow it diligently. I recommend you read everything first before you start off assuming you are a newbie.

Also, please be warned. Do not go uninstalling any thing you see. Like I said earlier, make sure you don't tamper any app that is associated with the normal functioning of your phone. I've made that mistake before and I paid dearly for my oversabi. I had to struggle to reset my phone...and take some medications to calm down my blood pressure before my heart off light permanently.

Visit this link to know what and what can be removed.
https:// forum. xda-developers. come /redmi-note-5-pro/how-to/r-t3875258

Thanks man, I'll try it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 7:51pm On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:

Na him dey in charge of package dispatch. I no know wetin consign country launch and 3 months.
the thing off me oo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 8:11pm On Apr 21, 2020
Another great mile stone...

God bless ALHAJI LEI JUN smiley smiley smiley

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tellsblinks(m): 8:23pm On Apr 21, 2020
segunmelvin1:
please i picked up a mi band 3 on the floor it was working perfectly when i found it buh the battery got low months later didn't have charger......its been months since the battery got low dunno if its still working right now.... am thinking maybe i should get the band 4....i want to get the band 4 soon.... anybody interested in band 3 should com take it for free.. thanks

I'm Interested please cn i send you a dm
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
Flytime:
t
Huawei thing? What are you talking about?

"It's (Mostly) All MediaTek Devices
Here’s the real kicker though: those files aren’t just present on OPPO devices, they’re very much present in a whole slew of phones by various vendors across the spectrum. I was able to get my hands on some firmware extracts of various devices out there (I didn’t actually possess every phone here), with each one of them having a similar power_whitelist_cfg.xml present in their vendor partition, with nigh identical entries of the benchmark listings. Here’s a breakdown:"

Source: https://www.anandtech.com/show/15703/mobile-benchmark-cheating-mediatek

BTW your whole essay is confusing! Are you agreeing or disputing it?

Also, Qualcomm says it doesn't cheat on benchmarks.

Source: https://www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-mediatek-benchmark-cheating-1106501/amp/

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:34pm On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:

If Jumia is doing you like this international stores are not for you like Aliexpress, gearbest, Amazon etc
omoadeleye:

Hehe. .. online shopping is not for you ... Don't try shopping on international websites sha
genius43:

If Jumia is doing you like this international stores are not for you like Aliexpress, gearbest, Amazon etc
i dn too stay without phone na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Apr 21, 2020
segunmelvin1:
please i picked up a mi band 3 on the floor it was working perfectly when i found it buh the battery got low months later didn't have charger......its been months since the battery got low dunno if its still working right now.... am thinking maybe i should get the band 4....i want to get the band 4 soon.... anybody interested in band 3 should com take it for free.. thanks
gv me na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
tellsblinks:

I'm Interested please cn i send you a dm
lagosians only and i can only meet where there is a presence of police
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:42pm On Apr 21, 2020
branham890:

gv me na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 8:43pm On Apr 21, 2020
segunmelvin1:
this probably is none of my business, but you picked a band on the floor and started using it like it's yours and now want to give it out 'for free' out of the generosity of your heart?

Have you considered that maybe the owner went back to look for it?

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jworos(m): 8:45pm On Apr 21, 2020
Them no ship your order?
branham890:
jumia has disappointed me,hw long would i wait nw
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Apr 21, 2020
Bahddo:
this probably is none of my business, but you picked a band on the floor and started using it like it's yours and now want to give it out 'for free' out of the generosity of your heart?

Have you considered that maybe the owner went back to look for it?
like you said its non of your freaking business.... you should try using your brain more.....with this your online self Righteousness
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:53pm On Apr 21, 2020
segunmelvin1:
Call RRS or use police station as meeting point.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Bahddo(m): 9:06pm On Apr 21, 2020
segunmelvin1:
like you said its non of your freaking business.... you should try using your brain more.....with this your online self Righteousness
I know how it feels to lose stuff and never find it anymore because someone thought it was a great idea to keep it for themselves.

Call me whatever, it's not right.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 9:12pm On Apr 21, 2020
RN9 to come with 5G... shocked I suspect it will launch with Mediatek's Dimensity 800

"According to some internal documents, the Redmi Note 9 is coming in June and it will also be a 5G handset. When it launches, it is likely to dethrone the Redmi K30i for the “most affordable 5G smartphone” crown, retailing for the even lower CNY1,599 ($225/€208)."

Source: https://m.gsmarena.com/redmi_k30i_said_to_arrive_as_the_cheapest_5g_smartphone-news-42782.php
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flytime: 9:17pm On Apr 21, 2020
festwiz:
Huawei thing? What are you talking about?

"It's (Mostly) All MediaTek Devices
Here’s the real kicker though: those files aren’t just present on OPPO devices, they’re very much present in a whole slew of phones by various vendors across the spectrum. I was able to get my hands on some firmware extracts of various devices out there (I didn’t actually possess every phone here), with each one of them having a similar power_whitelist_cfg.xml present in their vendor partition, with nigh identical entries of the benchmark listings. Here’s a breakdown:"

Source: https://www.anandtech.com/show/15703/mobile-benchmark-cheating-mediatek

BTW your whole essay is confusing? Are you agreeing or disputing it?

Also, Qualcomm says it doesn't cheat on benchmarks.

Source: https://www.androidauthority.com/qualcomm-mediatek-benchmark-cheating-1106501/amp/
well like I said it's a feature added by mediatek but it's not enabled by default it's only if the manufacturer chooses to.oppo chose to enable it so as it would look equal with it's snapdragon variant but over did it by making the reno 3 pro it look more powerful than the reno 3 Chinese variant.
All I'm saying is that's it's not mediatek fault I believe the feature was added due to customers demand,it's up to the manufacturer to decide if it should enable it or not some do while some don't in this case oppo did,not with the influence of mediatek.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 9:21pm On Apr 21, 2020
Flytime:
Oppo this Oppp that, Xiaomi also did it as well to sell RN8 Pro units. Abi your Nairaland no dey load links and images? Anandtech tested the devices he had at hand and they all had the feature enabled. It goes far back as the Helio P20, which means they did not start it with the G series SoCs.

If an SoC as old as the p20 had that feature, I can confidently rule out all Mediatek benchmarks as inaccurate.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Flytime: 9:24pm On Apr 21, 2020
festwiz:
Oppo this Oppp that, Xiaomi also did it as well to sell RN8 Pro units. Abi your Nairaland no dey load links and images? Anandtech tested the devices he had at hand and they all had the feature enabled. It goes far back as the Helio P20, which means they did not start it with the G series SoCs.

If an SoC as old as the p20 had that feature, I can confidently rule out all Mediatek benchmarks as inaccurate.
I I visited the site and I understand all I'm just saying is that the decision to enable it still lies in the hands of the manufacturer xaiomi might have done it I'm not arguing that fact.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:28pm On Apr 21, 2020
Flytime:
I I visited the site and I understand all I'm just saying is that the decision to enable it still lies in the hands of the manufacturer xaiomi might have done it I'm not arguing that fact.

It is not a manufacturer decision, it is a chip manufacturer thing. Mediatek are desperate to win market shares and desperate times calls for desperate measures.

No need defending Mediatek. If Samsung were not caught early enough with the Exynos version of Galaxy S4 they would have continued. Huawei too were caught cheating with the Kirin 980 and it was traced down to the 970

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by xoftxoul: 9:58pm On Apr 21, 2020
genius43:

It is not a manufacturer decision, it is a chip manufacturer thing. Mediatek are desperate to win market shares and desperate times calls for desperate measures.

No need defending Mediatek. If Samsung were not caught early enough with the Exynos version of Galaxy S4 they would have continued. Huawei too were caught cheating with the Kirin 980 and it was traced down to the 970
It is both o
The chip maker and manufacturers
They both need the hype to sell.
Chip maker does it to hype the chip
Manufacturer does it to hype the phone.
Chip maker/Manufacturer=Win win....
Consumer=win/loose.... Depends on the way you see it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Luisema4luv(m): 10:02pm On Apr 21, 2020
AirVaans:
Unfortunately, you have no Choice but to wait

Me that have been waiting since January, what is a few more week

(1) (2) (3) ... (7109) (7110) (7111) (7112) (7113) (7114) (7115) ... (9329) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: veekid(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.