Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,157 members, 7,849,588 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:23 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7189) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9409762 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7186) (7187) (7188) (7189) (7190) (7191) (7192) ... (9328) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 6:37am On May 07, 2020
micxwell:
you misunderstood her... undecided
Oh na Girl sef, OK Na Novice then. She's excused
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2020
bbeckky:
Hello house. Please I want to buy a good phone with nice camera, battery and good configuration. As I am new to xiaomi phones I asked a friend about it and he said they are nice but their parts are scarce (in Nigeria) should there be a need for it. Can anyone advise me on this please, even if its not xiaomi.
Budget is 70k please. Thanks

a friend was once in the same shoe, she was told that Xiaomi parts are not in Nigeria, so she decided to go with the devil she know, and the devil is showing her pepper now.

I started using RN4x in 2017 and Redmi note 7 a year ago, both are still strong and I've never for once open the two devices till date.

Xiaomi devices are nice, and i don't think u will be needing their parts once you can handle them well.

finally, critically evaluate what u want in a phone, and if there is any Xiaomi device that tick all the boxes, then you won't regret buying their device..... the choice is yours

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 7:17am On May 07, 2020
Mrlastborn:

a friend was once in the same shoe, she was told that Xiaomi parts are not in Nigeria, so she decided to go with the devil she know, and the devil is showing her pepper now.

I started using RN4x in 2017 and Redmi note 7 a year ago, both are still strong and I've never for once open the two devices till dated.

Xiaomi devices are nice, and i don't think u will be needing their parts once you can handle them well.

finally, critically evaluate what u want in a phone, and if there is any Xiaomi device that tick all the boxes, then you won't regret buying their device..... the choice is yours
Fan, you just sounded as if they can't get the parts to buy here or there's no where to repair it here.... Which one be you're not sure she'll be needing the parts?, if the phone by mistake fall from table, will you be there to catch it so the screen won't shatter?.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IKON360(m): 7:22am On May 07, 2020
Today makes it one year since I've been using Redmi note 7 and since then I have no regrets and what's more, 6 people have acquired Xiaomi phones thanks to me.
Once again sincere gratitude goes to those who formed this thread and offer help, support and solutions on this thread, God bless y'all

19 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tellsblinks(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2020
IKON360:
Today makes it one year since I've been using Redmi note 7 and since then I have no regrets and what's more, 6 people have acquired Xiaomi phones thanks to me.
Once again sincere gratitude goes to those who formed this thread and offer help, support and solutions on this thread, God bless y'all

mine was in may 12th few more days

congrat by the way

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:34am On May 07, 2020
maclawrence02:

Na only miui 10 been dey then xiaomi come bring miui 11, later only miui 11 dey dem come decide to bring miui 12. gerrit?

okay I have not receive update get
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 7:52am On May 07, 2020
AirVaans:
Oh na Girl sef, OK Na Novice then. She's excused
This is what is called "verbal appellation"

grin

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 7:54am On May 07, 2020
AirVaans:
if the phone by mistake fall from table, will you be there to catch it so the screen won't shatter?.

LMAO
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olonisakinibile(f): 7:57am On May 07, 2020
Good morning guys, I really need help.
Want to move my WhatsApp messages from Android to ios with all my chats intact but don't know how to go about it.

Kindly help a sister.
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AnaCheks(m): 8:06am On May 07, 2020
xoftxoul:

I can't say but I'm pretty sure that prices have gone up.
If you want I can drop the name of the reseller that got for me on this platform maybe he can help.
Please do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 8:26am On May 07, 2020
Good morning experience experts in the house. Please I need help. My battery was 66% last night before I went to bed. Woke up this morning and it was 56%. Lost 10% without touching the phone. And I cleared all tabs before I went to be. Please what could be the issue?
Cc
GrandMufti
Genuis43
Gptech
Forgot to mention that the phone is a Redmi Note 7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crownedjon: 8:32am On May 07, 2020
Ovems:
Good morning experience experts in the house. Please I need help. My battery was 66% last night before I went to bed. Woke up this morning and it was 56%. Lost 10% without touching the phone. And I cleared all tabs before I went to be. Please what could be the issue?
Cc
GrandMufti
Genuis43
Gptech
make sure wifi/Bluetooth scanning is off, search in settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:34am On May 07, 2020
Olonisakinibile:
Want to move my WhatsApp messages from Android to ios with all my chats intact but don't know how to go about it.

Kindly help a sister.
Thanks

Try backup to gdrive

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 8:35am On May 07, 2020
Olonisakinibile:

Kindly help a sister.
Thanks

Ask your question here

https://www.nairaland.com/4578692/ios-iphone-anyone-find-solution

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:35am On May 07, 2020
Ovems:
Cc
Grand Mufti
Genu is43
Gpt ech

Screenshot the app battery usage page
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 8:41am On May 07, 2020
Crownedjon:
make sure wifi/Bluetooth scanning is off, search in settings
It's off. Did that immediately I got the phone last year
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Crownedjon: 8:43am On May 07, 2020
Ovems:

okay I guess an app is the culprit..
Check apps running on background
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:50am On May 07, 2020
Ovems:

Confirm it's still like that...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KrazyDave16(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2020
festwiz:
Xiaomi needs to calm down. Kilodé...

So many releases in H1 and they're not making sense at all.

https://m.gsmarena.com/poco_m2_pro_is_an_upcoming_midrange_handset_with_snapdragon_720g_soc-news-43056.php

Rebranded the K30 as Poco X2, K30 Pro 5G to Poco F2, and now they'll brand the Redmi Note 9 Pro (Int'l) to Poco M2...pro?

undecided

Xiaomi should stop this rebranding shii. It's confusing the hell out of some of us
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 8:55am On May 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

I have been trying to send the screenshot but I guess the network is bad. It's showing Gateway error .Will keep trying.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 8:56am On May 07, 2020
micxwell:
Confirm it's still like that...
I did. And it's off.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 8:57am On May 07, 2020
Crownedjon:
okay I guess an app is the culprit..
Check apps running on background
How do I check that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:57am On May 07, 2020
How do I do this on my redmi phone biko??

Cc: genius

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 8:57am On May 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2020
Ovems:

You see that ranking button below the graph?, Tap it and select details. Screenshot again...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrlastborn(m): 9:01am On May 07, 2020
AirVaans:
Fan, you just sounded as if they can't get the parts to buy here or there's no where to repair it here.... Which one be you're not sure she'll be needing the parts?, if the phone by mistake fall from table, will you be there to catch it so the screen won't shatter?.

bringing up my friend's phone situation was to encourage her...

stating my phone's situations was to tell her how durable the phone is ( i remembered when my infinix hot 3pro stated having volume button issue after 6months)

if the phone should fall from a table, how sure are you that the screen will shatter (that will depend on the height)...

lastly, i believed that anybody that can find his/her way to this thread have potentially find a solution to his/her phone's issue, irrespective of the problem

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 9:03am On May 07, 2020
So nobody even YouTube reviewers don get Hands on with d Redmi note 9.... undecided undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ovems(f): 9:07am On May 07, 2020
micxwell:
You see that ranking button below the graph?, Tap it and select details. Screenshot again...

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:13am On May 07, 2020
Ovems:

This looks good as well. Your network is stable. I will advise that you should hard reset your phone a couple of times. i.e holding down the power button till the phone goes off and come backs on...
May 2 on 3 times.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:13am On May 07, 2020
Ovems:
Cc
GrandMufti
Genuis43
Gptech
Forgot to mention that the phone is a Redmi Note 7

Network fluctuation is the usual culprit. If you are a Glo user, worse.

Sometimes, the green bar don't tell the full story, from personal experience

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dannybanky10(m): 9:17am On May 07, 2020
Good Move Or Not?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2020
Ovems:

Furthermore, the data connection of the phone stays connected all the time in standby mode by default, even when you are asleep in the night.
There's an option to set when the connection should be disconnected. Minutes after you lock the phone.
The connection comes back on immediately you unlock it again. Follow the screenshots below..

(1) (2) (3) ... (7186) (7187) (7188) (7189) (7190) (7191) (7192) ... (9328) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: vin12(m), Viiictor10(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.