Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,702 members, 7,831,192 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 03:14 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7220) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9310421 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7217) (7218) (7219) (7220) (7221) (7222) (7223) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 8:30pm On May 12, 2020
genius43:

People are still scared of updates in 2020. Even if you defer updates till next year battery depreciation must still catch up with it.

embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 8:32pm On May 12, 2020
atheistandproud:

As someone who has pushed his phone to it's utmost limits in terms of normal use, I have found that the three most heavy tasks for RN7 and RN8 by extension since their chipsets are nearly identical are:

1. Augmented reality ( GCAM's Google playground etc.)

2. Screen mirroring/casting.

3. Google Cardboard's Virtual reality

At the end of the day, your RN8 is still a midranger. Forget all the hype. In any case, I screen cast neatly with my phone, in fact, it's what I use for PowerPoint presentations via Anycast.

If you're going to cast:
1. Switch off/on or restart device to clear memory.
2. Turn off background activity.
3. Turn off Bluetooth, it interferes.
4. Avoid charging your phone. You'll cook your motherboard. What you seem to be experiencing is Thermal throttling activity because I can assure you, the phone will get hot.
5. Even if you're not charging, avoid actively using your phone while mirroring and always make sure to kill the screen during a mirroring session.

Try the above and give feedback.

It has absolutely nothing to do with Android version. If you have a pending update, please ensure to update.
Switch Off Bluetooth? I thought that was part of what controls the casting? Because my Bluetooth and WiFi switches on Automatically by their selves whenever I turn on the "Cast"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:50pm On May 12, 2020
tasonivan:
Switch Off Bluetooth? I thought that was part of what controls the casting? Because my Bluetooth and WiFi switches on Automatically by their selves whenever I turn on the "Cast"

If you read carefully he makes use of anycast.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:51pm On May 12, 2020
tasonivan:

After connecting, turn off the Bluetooth.

That is if you're on a WiFi connection.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by atheistandproud(m): 8:52pm On May 12, 2020
genius43:

Always taking note of the salient points.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peacesampson(f): 8:58pm On May 12, 2020
GrandMufti:

Scroll down to LTE/TD....... Tap and select LTE/WCDMA.

But you still need to upgrade a 4G sim
Tanks I will do that ..yes I want upgrade as well

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chuksp09(m): 9:09pm On May 12, 2020
Hello guyz.... What does this mean please?
I ordered from AliExpress to a lagos address, is there a reason its showing Ibadan?
P.s. it seems they used Fedx to ship the item.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejieke(m): 9:47pm On May 12, 2020
hansomb:

Tnx Bro, got it today at shoprite Umuahia at the exorbitant price of 75k embarassed embarassed embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejieke(m): 9:48pm On May 12, 2020
xoftxoul:

Bro, the price of phones have gone up in this era... So expect to buy the note 8 at 65k to 70k.
As for where you can get it in your state I don't know
But make enquires about these stores.... Raya or pointek if they exist in your state... They should have it.
Thanks Dear, got it today @75k of price at shoperite
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ejieke(m): 9:50pm On May 12, 2020
chrisnando:

Go to pointek, inside Abia mall.
Thanks, i got it in shoprite Umuahia today
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 9:51pm On May 12, 2020
While waiting for Android 10/MIUI 12 upgrade, Xiaomi pushed April update.
Cai!!!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 10:13pm On May 12, 2020
luvlyoracle:
Ok...holla when that of Julia arrives so I can place order for mine
till 3wks+ time,by then it must have been available in local stores
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:35pm On May 12, 2020
shedy03:
While waiting for Android 10/MIUI 12 upgrade, Xiaomi pushed April update.
Cai!!!

Android 10 and MIUI 12 won't come together
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sofdoc(m): 11:15pm On May 12, 2020
Kykyblaze:

I bought two of that phone There is no 3/32 for Nigeria. The one you saw on Jumia is for India and China.

Kindly go through Nokia Nigeria website for phones available in the country.

Lastly, you won't enjoy the device if you are an average user.

Ok, thank you man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by helpsystem: 11:36pm On May 12, 2020
it seems like jumia is cancelling all there global orders. my xaomi 9s order has been cancelled. i will will av to wait till it comes out in nigeria.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Suarez190(m): 12:01am On May 13, 2020
genius43:

I want to Order stuffs, Please does Aliexpress Take orders and Deliver admits the Pandemic?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:06am On May 13, 2020
Suarez190:
I want to Order stuffs, Please does Aliexpress Take orders and Deliver admits the Pandemic?

Navigation amidst these times is a problem for most Courier services people that ordered in march are still waiting for items
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by thormeydey: 12:24am On May 13, 2020
helpsystem:
it seems like jumia is cancelling all there global orders. my xaomi 9s order has been cancelled. i will will av to wait till it comes out in nigeria.
Sorry to hear this. Was the order fulfilled before cancellation or awaiting fulfillment?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shedy03(m): 12:25am On May 13, 2020
GrandMufti:

Android 10 and MIUI 12 won't come together
Yeah. whichever that comes first, waiting will continue for the second.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 12:28am On May 13, 2020
thormeydey:

Sorry to hear this. Was the order fulfilled before cancellation or awaiting fulfillment?

Same question I wanted to ask. I think it was still awaiting shipping. Won't be funny at all for an order that has already been shipped. 14th of May being tomorrow will be exactly 1 month since my order was paid for. It got shipped on the 22nd of April and I have been waiting since then..... undecided undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by luvlyoracle(m): 1:34am On May 13, 2020
thormeydey:

Ok... But why not place the order now?
Just want to be sure it arrives and not get lost....my order from Ae has been in transit for over 2months now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by helpsystem: 2:36am On May 13, 2020
thormeydey:

the order was fulfilled. been over two weeks now. order i should be recieving btw 25 may and 5 june. they just told me my money will be refunded
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:49am On May 13, 2020
Playermayweda:
To tell u the truth transission needs to do better, Imagine the SD439 on my redmi 7a(32k)has a better gpu than the Mtk Helio p35 on tecno camon 15(95k), only thing separating is ram and camera,If u use tecno am sorry for you,They need to step up
you bring these talks here and complain when those idiots come here to defend their crap leave them alone defend you choice without bringing others into it.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:29am On May 13, 2020
GrandMufti:

iPhone 11 or one plus 8pro
androids aren't optimised well for whatsapp..... my iPhone 6s handles 5,000+ contacts and over 500 groups like its nothing while my RN8 lags like mad with same number of contacts and no groups posting a status with rn8 takes an hr plus and its been like that with all androids I've used
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 3:35am On May 13, 2020
Biafrareform:
Please who has used UFC and BRUM Smart TV Here
Polyester and Beko Refrigerator.

How is the durability?
they are all great just buy volatage regulator or if u dont have much money to spare u can buy tv guard just 1k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amosblisz: 3:57am On May 13, 2020
I can't seem to paste password into password field say Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any other apps with password input on my Redmi note 8, it just won't pop out anything in the password field . This is so worrisome as I have searched the internet for solution but found none.

Is there a solution to it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 4:09am On May 13, 2020
amosblisz:
I can't seem to paste password into password field say Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and any other apps with password input on my Redmi note 8, it just won't pop out anything in the password field . This is so worrisome as I have searched the internet for solution but found none.

Is there a solution to it?
no solution i think xiaomi disabled the option or its probably not possible on android 9 am also experiencing the same problem
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by borntoexcel2000(m): 4:15am On May 13, 2020
Tiger2020:
to me mi note 10 is not an upgrade to mi 9 irrespective of the battery size and extra cameras

So what's your advice to get an actual upgrade of the mi 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jFrankNorfleet: 4:38am On May 13, 2020
Hello house, this thread has been very helpful with intelligent and cogent comments about problems and solutions to common/uncommon Xiaomi device problems and other info. shout out to the major posters, words cannot express how much your posts are helping shadow readers like us. I need help though, I lost my Redmi note 7 fast charger adapter to a petty thief and I'm visiting Alaba tomorrow. can anyone help me with a place I can buy the fast charger for Redmi note 7 in Alaba? thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 5:21am On May 13, 2020
jFrankNorfleet:
Hello house, this thread has been very helpful with intelligent and cogent comments about problems and solutions to common/uncommon Xiaomi device problems and other info. shout out to the major posters, words cannot express how much your posts are helping shadow readers like us. I need help though, I lost my Redmi note 7 fast charger adapter to a petty thief and I'm visiting Alaba tomorrow. can anyone help me with a place I can buy the fast charger for Redmi note 7 in Alaba? thanks

Contact optimised here for 18W charger
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AirVaans(m): 5:49am On May 13, 2020
Ignore the Price, Jumia be doing the most as usual grin ....But the good news is that Redmi Note 9S is now officially in Nigeria cool

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 6:18am On May 13, 2020
AirVaans:
Ignore the Price, Jumia be doing the most as usual grin ....But the good news is that Redmi Note 9S is now officially in Nigeria cool
you had better not ignore the price

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7217) (7218) (7219) (7220) (7221) (7222) (7223) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 12 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.