Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,982 members, 7,828,478 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7266) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9288755 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7263) (7264) (7265) (7266) (7267) (7268) (7269) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nltaliban(m): 8:22am On May 20, 2020
Codedboy95:
Hi guys, I have a budget of 45k - 50k, I can stretch to 55k, which xiaomi will you advice I get ? Main specification I'm looking for is good battery, good camera, I was looking at buying redmi 8a but the person I want to get it for said the design is "regular" and doesn't have finger print unlock

Redmi 8.

Or rn8 if you can get 3/32 at that price
Or Rn7
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamekelly: 8:28am On May 20, 2020
thormeydey:
We the Jumia 9s "orderers" , how far? Any update on shipping?
No update yet o, I guess na till month ending or early next month
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AutoAngel(f): 8:40am On May 20, 2020
Sprintx24:

I highly doubt that... We all are waiting. Hopefully by next week, the first batches should be delivered.
Oh wow... How about the one for 68K Jumia Global brought out then?, has anyone gotten thiers delivered yet?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tasonivan(m): 8:42am On May 20, 2020
AutoAngel:
Oh wow... How about the one for 68K Jumia Global brought out then?, has anyone gotten thiers delivered yet?
Lol, Something that Jumia refunded people's money that they can't complete shipping because of the Pandemic
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AutoAngel(f): 8:43am On May 20, 2020
tasonivan:
Lol, Something that Jumia refunded people's money that they can't complete shipping because of the Pandemic
Wow... This Pandemic really did us dirty. Wow
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sanuelpaul(m): 8:54am On May 20, 2020
iamekelly:
No update yet o, I guess na till month ending or early next month
oga put ur mind for middle of next month
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamekelly: 8:56am On May 20, 2020
Sanuelpaul:
oga put ur mind for middle of next month
Hmm...... Na May 27 - June 10 be my estimated delivery date o but me done comot mind there sef. Anytime wey dem like make e no sha reach JULY.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ogarexmas: 8:57am On May 20, 2020
I have been using my Redmi 8a for 3 months and I'm loving the phone from the battery life to the user interface is great but yesterday I noticed my phone started making a sound which sounds like a notification or alarm.
I have tried everything to stop the sound but nothing seems to work please help me I'm not comfortable with the beep.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamekelly: 8:57am On May 20, 2020
If no be because of this Pandemic issue, RN9s for done circulate for Naija wella
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cynsee: 9:03am On May 20, 2020
The way people are buying this redmi note 8 pro ehnnn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 9:06am On May 20, 2020
Cynsee:
The way people are buying this redmi note 8 pro ehnnn
That phone is a beast...I really underrated the Helio G90T....if I had a chance to pick between it and the note 9s,, if not for d more modernistic design of d latter and its battery efficiency,,I wont even think twice before buying d RN8 pro ...that phone is really underrated on this thread.. .

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ogarexmas: 9:08am On May 20, 2020
Ogarexmas:
I have been using my Redmi 8a for 3 months and I'm loving the phone from the battery life to the user interface is great but yesterday I noticed my phone started making a sound which sounds like a notification or alarm.
I have tried everything to stop the sound but nothing seems to work please help me I'm not comfortable with the beep.
Someone should please reply me it's urgent
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:13am On May 20, 2020
Ogarexmas:

Someone should please reply me it's urgent

Urgent as in na time bomb? grin

Any notification icon accompanying the sound? If yes screenshot it.

Otherwise you'll have to go through your sound settings or individual app notification settings

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kykyblaze(m): 9:18am On May 20, 2020
Sprintx24:

I highly doubt that... We all are waiting. Hopefully by next week, the first batches should be delivered.

Check the emails jumia sent you, your tracking number/link is there and am pretty sure that your item is heading to your pickup station.

You know you will be the first to wash your RN9s here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 9:21am On May 20, 2020
Keiyadosh:
That phone is a beast...I really underrated the Helio G90T....if I had a chance to pick between it and the note 9s,, if not for d more modernistic design of d latter and its battery efficiency,,I wont even think twice before buying d RN8 pro ...that phone is really underrated on this thread.. .
no one underrated the phone,just the mtk SOC there ,if you know you know

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sanuelpaul(m): 9:29am On May 20, 2020
iamekelly:
Hmm...... Na May 27 - June 10 be my estimated delivery date o but me done comot mind there sef. Anytime wey dem like make e no sha reach JULY.
mine suppose to be 18 -27 may but jumia just postpone it to before or on 18th of June
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SarcasticMe(m): 9:35am On May 20, 2020
Ogarexmas:
Beep without notification, right? It could be the simtool kit app sending a sort of alert (I have no idea what for). I had same issue on my phone. While I couldn't stop the alert issue from the app, I muted the beeping. Just go to app settings (manage apps). Check the simtool kit app and check notifications, disable sound. Worked for me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 9:52am On May 20, 2020
MediaTek Dimensity 820 SOC

VS

Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 765G SoC.

This stuff is really looking hot

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by awoo47: 9:57am On May 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

The more you post misinformation, the more I'll continue to correct such rubbish information. Till you change.

You mentioned me whilst I was busy reading so don't ask me to piss off.

I hope you know I keep screenshots of our encounters because you have a penchant for lying.
wot are u reading?

are u still a student??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jamesope04(m): 9:59am On May 20, 2020
awoo47:
wot are u reading?

are u still a student??
It is not only students that read. When you stop reading, you know the end result anyway.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamekelly: 10:11am On May 20, 2020
Sanuelpaul:
mine suppose to be 18 -27 may but jumia just postpone it to before or on 18th of June
Chai, do they text / mail you or what?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 10:14am On May 20, 2020
Elslim:

VS

Omo. Mediatek no wan gree o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 10:26am On May 20, 2020
Elslim:

VS

Damn!!! Mediatek is out for blood.
I just wish that Devs will try to support Mediatek more.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 10:32am On May 20, 2020
Guy what could possibly cause the back glass of Redmi 8 to start flaking. No falls or anything
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:34am On May 20, 2020
Hello everyone. Has anyone received MIUI 12 update for Redmi 8? And also android 10 update? I'm using Android 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sanuelpaul(m): 11:04am On May 20, 2020
iamekelly:
Chai, do they text / mail you or what?
mail
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 11:31am On May 20, 2020
Peakyblinder:
Hello everyone. Has anyone received MIUI 12 update for Redmi 8? And also android 10 update? I'm using Android 9
You'll have to wait till July at least before getting MIUI 12 or Android 10
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:34am On May 20, 2020
Alfred234:

Damn!!! Mediatek is out for blood.
I just wish that Devs will try to support Mediatek more.
It's not the Devs fault, it's Mediatek's. They don't release kernel sources for their SoCs, which is not in compliance with GPL, and hence developers can't create custom ROMs and such without resulting to hacking. This is the major reason developers stay away from MTK devices.

Xiaomi releases the kernel source code for the RN8 Pro that's why some Devs are actively creating Gcam ports and several other custom ROMs for it.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lisbon1: 11:38am On May 20, 2020
Redmi note 8 is crazzyyyy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:39am On May 20, 2020
Peakyblinder:
No update yet. It has not been announced. Maybe from July it will be announced.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 11:50am On May 20, 2020
festwiz:
It's not the Devs fault, it's Mediatek's. They don't release kernel sources for their SoCs, which is not in compliance with GPL, and hence developers can't create custom ROMs and such without resulting to hacking. This is the major reason developers stay away from MTK devices.

Xiaomi releases the kernel source code for the RN8 Pro that's why some Devs are actively creating Gcam ports and several other custom ROMs for it.

Gbam. Nailed it...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 11:53am On May 20, 2020
atheistandproud:

Sorry bro

I have a ROMOSS Sense 8+ too. Bought it from Ifedith in December. E still solid die.
How much did you purchase it?

(1) (2) (3) ... (7263) (7264) (7265) (7266) (7267) (7268) (7269) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: boolee(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.