Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,280 members, 7,818,941 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:42 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7318) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9222975 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7315) (7316) (7317) (7318) (7319) (7320) (7321) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by omoadeleye(m): 11:14pm On May 27, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:
Hi guys. I've been trying to make payment of 219 dollars for RN9s but I keep getting the "not enough balance" error message. I have about 91k in my bank account and the cost of the phone is supposed to be about 86k with my calculations. (390×219). What could be wrong?

Lol, use ₦450 at least
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lovelani(m): 11:16pm On May 27, 2020
iKingsley:
hahaha! DHL Nigeria is too slow. Item arrived Nigeria and cleared in 3days, but it will now take over a week to get to me. I called them and they said it's on the way that I should expect delivery call

They know what they are doing.... Trust me! Those mofos are cutiing cost . Piling up deliveries.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by plucky16(m): 11:33pm On May 27, 2020
genius43:

After not missing an update, I still get almost 9-10hours SOT on my almost 2 years old RN5.

COME AGAIN

Congratulations!!! But not everyone has the same testimony here as you can only speak for yourself.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by plucky16(m): 11:50pm On May 27, 2020
iKingsley:
before then, he would have squeezed the value of his money from that piece cool

Sure... But I think you lose battery with updates and I want to believe the out of the box os/update gives the best performance for the device... Every other update complicates things especially the official miui ROM which has a down effect on the battery life, better if he switched to xiaomi.eu with little or no bloatwares if he wants to maintain that sot.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:12am On May 28, 2020
plucky16:

Sure... But I think you lose battery with updates and I want to believe the out of the box os/update gives the best performance for the device... Every other update complicates things especially the official miui ROM which has a down effect on the battery life, better if he switched to xiaomi.eu with little or no bloatwares if he wants to maintain that sot.

That is your belief and not a standard. Even users of RN7 reported better battery management with the last update.

Another other things you fail to factor out about batteries are 1. Battery Age 2. Charge cycles. If you like remain with the ROM that comes with your phone but those factors must manifest.

Even custom ROMs you are talking about comes with their own fair share of issues, that's why most people jump from one Custom ROM to another still looking for a perfect user experience.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:13am On May 28, 2020
plucky16:

Congratulations!!! But not everyone has the same testimony here as you can only speak for yourself.

I am speaking for myself and others I know that use Xiaomi. Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoluwajiPieters: 12:28am On May 28, 2020
nduprincekc:

My new note 8 phone battery no dey last at all....

Plz...
I have off WiFi and Bluetooth searching...what next bikoo
The next thing is to buy Power bank..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 12:48am On May 28, 2020
The Eagle has landed

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 12:50am On May 28, 2020
smatjr:
Wanna get xiaomi mi10 non pro* is there any news about it launching in Naija or how do I get it here??

Hold ur 270k..
8/128..

Or wait like us til it drop to 240
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sprintx24(m): 1:51am On May 28, 2020
Protein0:
Oga Sprintx, longest time fa. cool

Ah my chief,.,. Greetings from this side. You still dey this thread? Longest time bro.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:08am On May 28, 2020
genius43:

I am speaking for myself and others I know that use Xiaomi. Thank you.
I still don't understand this SOT ish. Battery and charging accessories are part of the phone for a reason. If your battery is getting low, plug and charge! The last time I was conscious of my SOT was during my early days of RN4.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by tex25: 4:08am On May 28, 2020
Hey guys, no one seems to be talking about the new Xiaomi 10/10x pro here?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:03am On May 28, 2020
Alfred234:

it's because of the nonsense HD+ screen they put on that phone. They really undermined the power of that G70 chipset.
the new iPhone 11 also used a hd+ screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 5:12am On May 28, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:
Hi guys. I've been trying to make payment of 219 dollars for RN9s but I keep getting the "not enough balance" error message. I have about 91k in my bank account and the cost of the phone is supposed to be about 86k with my calculations. (390×219). What could be wrong?
where did you see 390 better put 100k or more for Account unless you never ready to buy phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 5:13am On May 28, 2020
2kurupt:

Lucky you. With a custom recovery why do you even bother flashing with MIUI flash tool in the first place? Except you intend going back to the official rom

Wanted a clean flash, to remove all custom modification, including the custom recovery. because I wanted to sell the phone. The buyer requested that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by brizzle116(m): 5:38am On May 28, 2020
pharmtasy:
The Eagle has landed
congrats
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:05am On May 28, 2020
pharmtasy:
The Eagle has landed

Stop it!
You're going to make me cry again embarassed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 6:15am On May 28, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:
Bank rates are different. For access bank, 445x219= 97455

The lowest I saw was Zenith bank @399 and Fidelity bank @400

Data from ngnrates.com

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:29am On May 28, 2020
Make you na try the Western Union option na and tell us how it be grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bolyjay: 6:30am On May 28, 2020
Cynsee:
bro if this phone go land for custom hand na egungun o
He should be ready to pay custom duty charge
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:31am On May 28, 2020
pharmtasy:
The Eagle has landed

Please o, can you send me your address and room number. Also, please leave a spare key under the mat.
I'm very happy for you so I want to personally congratulate you and deliver flowers.
Please ensure the phone and charger are also in clear view so I can bless them and pray for them while I'm there

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 6:33am On May 28, 2020
Cynsee:
bro if this phone go land for custom hand na egungun o
chai, Nigerians and DHL are like cat and mouse now grin
This custom guys have really dealt with people here.
Anyway, some DHL packages do pass customs without charges. Reason is what I don't know undecided
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Protein0: 6:34am On May 28, 2020
Sprintx24:

Ah my chief,.,. Greetings from this side. You still dey this thread? Longest time bro.
It has been a while I followed. It was a mention that brought me and I sighted u, Nadalion, lagosboy, and alosbaba...Old Xiaomite dem.
Ur number seems not to be on whatsapp again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 6:39am On May 28, 2020
nduprincekc:

My new note 8 phone battery no dey last at all....

Plz...

I have off WiFi and Bluetooth searching...what next bikoo

Define "at all"
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:40am On May 28, 2020
jboixxx:
I still don't understand this SOT ish. Battery and charging accessories are part of the phone for a reason. If your battery is getting low, plug and charge! The last time I was conscious of my SOT was during my early days of RN4.

For some it is over expectation, someone have a phone with a big display and full HD, and uses in for processor & graphics intensive activities and wants it to have over 10 hours SOT.

The Blackshark 3 Pro with it's 7.1" and QHD display struggles to last 6 hours when used for straight gaming with it's 5000Mah battery.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iKingsley(m): 6:42am On May 28, 2020
jboixxx:
Make you na try the Western Union option na and tell us how it be grin
from the screenshot above, it's cheaper than card shocked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:42am On May 28, 2020
abdsamad:

Define "at all"

They won't post battery chart that will show network, app usage as well as SOT but scream battery not they last at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:47am On May 28, 2020
tex25:
Hey guys, no one seems to be talking about the new Xiaomi 10/10x pro here?

Those phones don't exist, what was released are as follows
Redmi 10x 4G - Chinese Version of the Global Redmi Note 9
Redmi 10x
Redmi 10x Pro.

We are not much talking about them because they are meant for the Chinese market but if they tickle your fancy, AliExpress is there for you. Note for the 10x and 10x Pro that they will ship with Chinese ROM no global ROM(beware of shop ROM aka Multi language ROM) and the LTE Bands are tuned for the Chinese market but you should get one or two that will work with some networks here

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:48am On May 28, 2020
genius43:

For some it is over expectation, someone have a phone with a big display and full HD, and uses in for processor & graphics intensive activities and wants it to have over 10 hours SOT.

The Blackshark 3 Pro with it's 7.1" and QHD display struggles to last 6 hours when used for straight gaming with it's 5000Mah battery.
They'll be all right o. Whoever that's not comfy with his/her battery performance should just SELL IT! grin (make I find trouble).

10 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:50am On May 28, 2020
jboixxx:
They'll be all right o. Whoever that's not comfy with his/her battery performance should just SELL IT! grin (make I find trouble).

Or buy two Powerbanks

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7315) (7316) (7317) (7318) (7319) (7320) (7321) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.