Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,555 members, 7,861,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7456) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9482556 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7453) (7454) (7455) (7456) (7457) (7458) (7459) ... (9332) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
Johnk110:

Cnt see pes 2020 in play store
Grand theft is showing me I have to pay #2500

It's called eFootball PES 2020 and yes you have to pay for GTA games on the Play store. I don't recommend 3rd party websites though, you never know what adware you may download. However, you can check Andropalace.org (do this at your own risk).

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joeysage(m): 2:30pm On Jun 25, 2020
naijasensei:

As a wise woman once told me - "Character is like smoke, it cannot be hidden". However, no matter how much a person is offered; it is very disgusting, tactless, clueless, and utterly classless for said person to love leading people astray. I am sure, once in a while, even the devil has to sit down and take notes from these diabolical entities.
Okay that really got me good shocked

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sureteeboy(m): 2:31pm On Jun 25, 2020
Johnk110:

Cnt see pes 2020 in play store
Grand theft is showing me I have to pay #2500
PES 2020 is in playstore.
For the gta, you can download it from third party websites like rexdl. com if you don't want to pay

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Joeysage(m): 2:36pm On Jun 25, 2020
Michaelmercy:
Seriously this Redmi note 8 fall my hand, I wasn't expecting the screen should have issues on the first fall just on a height less than 20 inches.. so unfortunate.. Even when I was using transions company phones, my phone fell multiple times It was just d touch and screen guide that broke... So dissapointing.. I am shattered and pained
Sorry to hear that, must've been the angle of fall I believe. Also when you go to fix it, the engineer should try removing and fixing back the screen connector. Hopefully that works.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:43pm On Jun 25, 2020
XiaomiFanBoy:

Who are me?

Who are me?

Who you is?
Who you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:44pm On Jun 25, 2020
naijasensei:

Gracias. Will try it out

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
brizzle116:
ooh..the first screenshot's edges looked curved that's y I asked
Hehehehe. It's the theme that gave it whitish fade at the edges, giving a visual illusion of a curved screen. The name of the them is
"Starry Sky". Its one among the plethora of results found when you search

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
TrebleChamp:
Bro tiktok has taking the lead in data consumption ooh, that app dey drink data like running tap water....
Great to know. Some of us kukuma no dey use am

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 2:49pm On Jun 25, 2020
Michaelmercy:
Seriously this Redmi note 8 fall my hand, I wasn't expecting the screen should have issues on the first fall just on a height less than 20 inches.. so unfortunate.. Even when I was using transions company phones, my phone fell multiple times It was just d touch and screen guide that broke... So dissapointing.. I am shattered and pained

How you handle your phone is not Xiaomi's fault. What happened to your RN8 could equally happen to any other phone.

I, for one, don't fancy screen protectors, and it's been more than 4 years since I last used one on any smartphone. There are many people whose RN8s have fallen from great heights without any damage; in essence, it all depends on how the phone fell, as well as on which part it landed.

When my RN5 screen cracked, I didn't blame Xiaomi for it. I don't even know how it happened, but I woke up to find the phone pressed between the wall and my mattress. I've been using my RN7 close to a year now without any protection; if anything happens to the screen, I'll know it's my fault— since I detest screen guards.

All in all, I'm sorry you find yourself in such situation, but it's your fault and not Xiaomi's. Look for money and get it fixed. Bawling here won't help. You're making it seem as if the RN8 screen is bad and even went as far as comparing it to your past Transsion devices.

Look for money and go get your phone fixed.

Shalom.

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 2:51pm On Jun 25, 2020
rightchic:

Ok... This is for last month and this month. Yesterday and today none
Daily say around 10pm, you can be checking it to know your daily usage. It wil hint you on what app used what mb, so you can caution yourself on how you use the data
Here is mine so far, for today

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nani667: 2:55pm On Jun 25, 2020
Michaelmercy:

Mine fell face down from Table height as soon as I removed it from carton, no scratch at all...it is just a case of bad luck, or e Fit be from your village

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 3:00pm On Jun 25, 2020
Guys is this WhatsApp fault or what?

I did video call today and the quality was very poor, the persons face was blurry. But my network connection is very stable
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
Michaelmercy:
The phone part that contacted then floor first, and then ground surface are major determinants to this. That is why some of use can't do without screen gaurd and pouches. Some even go the extra for armoured pouch.
Hardluck
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sunshineV(f): 3:05pm On Jun 25, 2020
nani667:

Mine fell face down from Table height as soon as I removed it from carton, no scratch at all...it is just a case of bad luck, or e Fit be from your village

village people almost got u

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 3:07pm On Jun 25, 2020
postdigger:

I did video call today and the quality was very poor, the persons face was blurry. But my network connection is very stable

Check if you have this toggled. BTW, it could a fault on the other party's end or just WhatsApp's terrible compression algorithm.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kudunku: 3:08pm On Jun 25, 2020
franklin244:
How about we empower the youths and elderly despite the pandemic and it's effects on the economy. We have various platforms to help Nigerians remain active and also have something to fall back on irrespective of the recent downsizing in various companies and sectors in the country.
Here is a platform I believe will benefit each and everyone of us. Your also free to make extensive research on your own if you have any doubts.

Earn from the comfort of your home by joining forsage smart contract today. You secure a lifetime of earnings with zero risk. This opportunity has no age limit so all are welcome as we all help make a better future for you and your entire family.
For further information please contact me on +2348140184176 or +2348032660368 and WhatsApp on +2348095141660.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2020
BoluwajiPieters:

. The thing is, most apps these days consume a lot of data unlike the days when you can use 10Mb for a whole lot of stuffs. .
I miss those days esp on symbian, you fit rock 100mb for 30days. Just make sure you don't download or stream, and you also disable images on your opera mini. Viola.... Their daddy grin
If data plans didn't have validity those days, people like us no go let telcos see money for data subscription

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prymestrr(m): 3:09pm On Jun 25, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Miui ads are only available in some system apps. There is a link on how to disable miui ads on the first page. If what you are getting is random ads all over the place even on installed apps, check the last app you downloaded or you probably must have visited some sites with Malware.
I worked with the manual instructions given on the link in the first page and I want to believe it worked. Seems Xiaomi interface updated design has overtaken those on the guidelines given coz most things I came across on my device were different from what was shown on the guideline. Thank you for your assistance.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:10pm On Jun 25, 2020
franklin244:

No spamming here

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 3:11pm On Jun 25, 2020
DragnetisaKuk:

Check if you have this toggled. BTW, it could a fault on the other party's end or just WhatsApp's terrible compression algorithm.
Oh shit, I think I did grin

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prymestrr(m): 3:13pm On Jun 25, 2020
Can someone recommend me some quality game that I can download to testrun my RN8 pro. Please include a link to where I can download from and I favour adventure games more please. Thank you all...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by akashi01(m): 3:17pm On Jun 25, 2020
LtChisom:

I got it for 120k, the 6gb ram and 128gb rom.
The phone is a beast with a beastly battery and features especially in UI customization. Talk to my oga nurex01, he is the one to go with for understanding, discipline , honesty and consistency .
You forgot to switch accounts before replying

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by okikiosibodu(m): 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
akashi01:

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 3:22pm On Jun 25, 2020
akashi01:

I think his previous account got banned
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 21Bandit: 3:24pm On Jun 25, 2020
I have gotten the redmi note 9s.
What next fam
Any thing I ought to do
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiger2020(m): 3:25pm On Jun 25, 2020
XiaomiFanBoy:

I have used Exxynos powered phones and the experience was fluid. Hitherto before exposure to the different types of SOCs. One couldn't tell the difference between SD, Exxynos and MTK. My point is Exxynos isnt bad as its portrayed to be. It only isnt as powerful as its SD counterpart.
and you have finally revealed yourself

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LtChisom: 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
akashi01:

The other one is under ban cos of casala wey I burst somewhere, am not hiding anything though.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DragnetisaKuk(f): 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
21Bandit:
What next fam
Any thing I ought to do

Just like that? No unboxing?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:33pm On Jun 25, 2020
Prymestrr:

Thank you for this. The manual approach on the page was more helpful. Xiaomi looks to have worked around to block those other procedures. Most of the instructions on the page where different from what I have on my phone RN8 pro.

Cc jboixxx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:34pm On Jun 25, 2020
21Bandit:
What next fam
Any thing I ought to do

Tear the nylon, open the carton and remove the phone and accessories. Put your SIM cards and switch on the phone.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emmerich09(m): 3:39pm On Jun 25, 2020
Hi there.... Pls can someone add me up on the Telegram group. Username Emmerich09
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ekene86(m): 3:48pm On Jun 25, 2020
postdigger:

I experienced this poor video quality on WhatsApp sometimes last week. This time it's my face that is washed/blurry a lil bit. I have never experienced such before. It could be poor network from your location like someone adviced last week.

Most time from experience, when network is bad the video call is paused and not smooth most times. The video call being blurry was new to me i even had to do a hardware test (front camera) and even after that it was still the same.

Right now my WhatsApp video call is back to normal. I guess urs will come back to normal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7453) (7454) (7455) (7456) (7457) (7458) (7459) ... (9332) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: suffy834(m) and 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.