Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,831 members, 7,817,430 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:07 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7523) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9199804 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7520) (7521) (7522) (7523) (7524) (7525) (7526) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 9:55am On Jul 08, 2020
Ceenachi:
MI A3 kill it all
that was the phone I had my heart on before oga nurex01 convinced me to go for the beast note 9 pro.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:57am On Jul 08, 2020
Geofavor:
Please, I put on my phone this morning and I saw a pop-up that states "issue with sd card. Tap to fix".
When I tap, it demands that I format the sd card for it to work.

Firstly, what could be the cause of this sudden issue with sd card?

Secondly, I have files and data on that sd card that I don't want to lose. Please, is there a way to fix the issue without formatting?

Remove it and do scan for errors and fix using a PC. Follow this procedure out you don't know how to:

Connect to your PC > Open My Computer > Right Click on the Storage > Properties > Tools > Check > Scan and repair drive > Fix (if found any error). This won't format the card but only to fix the errors (if any).

What kinda card are you using? You may send a pic of it if possible.

Lastly, always use the safe eject feature of your device or switch the phone OFF each time you want to eject the SIM tray. It's very important to avoid R/W errors.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Harold4lyf(m): 9:58am On Jul 08, 2020
If you have an Mi Neckband here for sale or you know anyone who has it please hit me up ASAP!!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 10:08am On Jul 08, 2020
genius43:

Now you are contradicting yourself. You first said battery drain started immediately after checking for an update, now it was updated before you bought it.

Do you know that unstable network leads to battery drain?
Also keeping two unstable networks on 4G also leads to battery drain?

Check those two things out.
I don comot my second dim and will get another phone for it cos I don't want that double dim wahala
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:09am On Jul 08, 2020
Sinachi100:

Android 10

It is showing an X sign that is why I am asking. Turn off the SIM and see if the drain will stop.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:10am On Jul 08, 2020
smilingjosh:

add me with my number 08102994496

Dropping your TG ID is easier
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 10:11am On Jul 08, 2020
peteregwu:

What kine of water is that while sleeping? Or did you want to say you urinated on it while sleeping?
you have scattered this table leg kpatakpata, I don laugh mess out watery beans vapour from my blokus
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:12am On Jul 08, 2020
Dwaynestefan:
Uhm, If you look at this image. Towards the "Left Middle part" of the screen, you'll notice a kind of white blemish(I don't know what to call it).

It came with my RN9 Pro(Out of the Box). Can someone tell me what it is? And if it'll go away??

It should go away.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 10:14am On Jul 08, 2020
Dwaynestefan:
Who knows Where I can get the Redmi Note 9 Pro 33watts Charger?
The out of box charger is 33 watts na, cos mine came with 33 watts charger out of box, or did anything happen to yours?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:18am On Jul 08, 2020
explosiveskull:

The out of box charger is 33 watts na, cos mine came with 33 watts charger out of box, or did anything happen to yours?

Yea but your phone charges at 30W. So if anything happens to your charger or you need a backup charger, a 30W PD Charger should do.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 10:22am On Jul 08, 2020
genius43:

Yea but your phone charges at 30W. So if anything happens to your charger or you need a backup charger, a 30W PD Charger should do.
I know I was asking him cos he said he was looking for one while by default that is the charger it comes with out of box.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 10:24am On Jul 08, 2020
explosiveskull:

Nothing happened to mine Bro, I just like to have spare of some certain important things.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DarkJeddi(m): 10:25am On Jul 08, 2020
Dwaynestefan:
Uhm, If you look at this image. Towards the "Left Middle part" of the screen, you'll notice a kind of white blemish(I don't know what to call it).

It came with my RN9 Pro(Out of the Box). Can someone tell me what it is? And if it'll go away??
Screen bleed..
It's not going anywhere..
Na factory defect..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 10:26am On Jul 08, 2020
genius43:

Meaning, this should work exactly like the out of box Charger?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 10:30am On Jul 08, 2020
genius43:

It should go away.

Hopefully when I start using the phone fully...
I still haven't been able to start.

Moving files, logins and other necessaries from one phone to another is one very tiring procedure.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 10:31am On Jul 08, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

Nothing happened to mine Bro, I just like to have spare of some certain important things.
That is a beautiful gesture, I normally do like that just that am financially constrained now because no one knows when badluck will strike.
I was even considering buying the display assembly for note 9 pro and storing it away incase of when mine will have fault and I'll not be able to raise fund for it and endure the wait time from aliexpress.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 10:33am On Jul 08, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

Hopefully when I start using the phone fully...
I still haven't been able to start.

Moving files, logins and other necessaries from one phone to another is one very tiring procedure.
If your previous phone was xiaomi, once you use mi mover, your new phone will be like the old one. that was what I used.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 10:34am On Jul 08, 2020
explosiveskull:

That is a beautiful gesture, I normally do like that just that am financially constrained now because no one knows when badluck will strike.
I was even considering buying the display assembly for note 9 pro and storing it away incase of when mine will have fault and I'll not be able to raise fund for it and endure the wait time from aliexpress.

Exactly!! The Wait timeand the Funds.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dwaynestefan: 10:35am On Jul 08, 2020
explosiveskull:

If your previous phone was xiaomi, once you use mi mover, your new phone will be like the old one. that was what I used.
Nope, my previous phone was Tecno Camon CX.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LehreMi: 10:41am On Jul 08, 2020
explosiveskull:

I don comot my second dim and will get another phone for it cos I don't want that double dim wahala
You don't need to that, you can disable the sim in settings >sim cards.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by brospeace: 10:50am On Jul 08, 2020
pls house my new phone battery is about to die pls can I charge it with generator
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ziyech(m): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2020
brospeace:
pls house my new phone battery is about to die pls can I charge it with generator

Why not?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 10:56am On Jul 08, 2020
brospeace:
Depends on the generator. Those "handbag" types have unsteady power output, could be wrong, and that's why most people advice not charging your device with them.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by brospeace: 11:00am On Jul 08, 2020
festwiz:

Depends on the generator. Those "handbag" types have unsteady power output, could be wrong, and that's why most people advice not charging your device with them.
is big generator, thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 11:06am On Jul 08, 2020
brospeace:
up till now, I don't understand why people say that gasoline or diesel electric generators kill phone batteries. You plug your charger to AC socket at 220v,
of course some come with over current fuse. The 220V AC is stepped down to either 12V AC for ones that have transformers, from the transformers, the diodes connected in full bridge configuration converts the 12v AC to 12V DC but not a pure one since there are presence of harmonics. There is a capacitor connected across the line to filter off the harmonics so that the current you'll be getting will resemble more of a DC which your phone battery requires to charge. once the filtering is done by a capacitor, the current is passed through a voltage regulator or a zener diode connected in reverse polarity to clip the voltage at 5v which is then fed to your phone to charge the battery via the charging port. If a generator can affect your phone, it means you have a faulty charger. My explanation is just the basic power conversion in our chargers as modern chargers have complex circuit systems to regulate current in real time, guard against short circuit, temperature and even have the ability to detect cord impedance to determine matching power.
In all these, you can charge your phone with generator once your charger is good.

18 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fasodecapo(m): 11:14am On Jul 08, 2020
nani667:

Film watchers Club ♣
not really, more of zoom then WhatsApp(s), telegram, Ucturbo before thinking of mx player pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2020
explosiveskull:

up

Well, I didn't pay attention to my EEE lecturers then sha but well done on the breakdown.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:17am On Jul 08, 2020
Dwaynestefan:

Meaning, this should work exactly like the out of box Charger?

Yes it would
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:23am On Jul 08, 2020
explosiveskull:

up till now, I don't understand why people say that gasoline or diesel electric generators kill phone batteries. You plug your charger to AC socket at 220v,
of course some come with over current fuse. The 220V AC is stepped down to either 12V AC for ones that have transformers, from the transformers, the diodes connected in full bridge configuration converts the 12v AC to 12V DC but not a pure one since there are presence of harmonics. There is a capacitor connected across the line to filter off the harmonics so that the current you'll be getting will resemble more of a DC which your phone battery requires to charge. once the filtering is done by a capacitor, the current is passed through a voltage regulator or a zener diode connected in reverse polarity to clip the voltage at 5v which is then fed to your phone to charge the battery via the charging port. If a generator can affect your phone, it means you have a faulty charger. My explanation is just the basic power conversion in our chargers as modern chargers have complex circuit systems to regulate current in real time, guard against short circuit, temperature and even have the ability to detect cord impedance to determine matching power.
In all these, you can charge your phone with generator once your charger is good.

Nice analysis but constant use on an unstable power source(I am not restricting this case study to generating sets alone) should be accounted for. Wear and tear. Circuit components have their elastic limits as well. There is so such a device with a Voltage protective Circuit can take.

Takes me back to my project days...

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:24am On Jul 08, 2020
DarkJeddi:
Screen bleed..
It's not going anywhere..
Na factory defect..

Some earlier units of RN9s had their fixed with an update. OnePlus fixed the OP8 Pro with an update too. So I guess sometimes it is not always hardware.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 11:29am On Jul 08, 2020
genius43:

Nice analysis but constant use on an unstable power source(I am not restricting this case study to generating sets alone) should be accounted for. Wear and tear. Circuit components have their elastic limits as well. There is so such a device with a Voltage protective Circuit can take.

Takes me back to my project days...
yea, with time even with a constant good quality power, circuit components deteriorate and will wear out, just that the bad electricity can wear them out faster.
You studied electrical engineering?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:30am On Jul 08, 2020
explosiveskull:

yea, with time even with a constant good quality power, circuit components deteriorate and will wear out, just that the bad electricity can wear them out faster.
You studied electrical engineering?

Yes, I did.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7520) (7521) (7522) (7523) (7524) (7525) (7526) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.