Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,436 members, 7,815,992 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7535) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9192238 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7532) (7533) (7534) (7535) (7536) (7537) (7538) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 3:23am On Jul 10, 2020
OfficialGaGa:
Guys sorry for derailing or going outside the wire here but pls I want to purchase a fairly used laptop for graphic design probably from sellers on NL but I don't know any trust worthy person to deal with... pls if u know any.. do tell.. thanks

Rakiticbarca.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by harry2sexy(m): 3:29am On Jul 10, 2020
Good morning guys,please if I choose not to update my phone, what's the worse that could happen cos following this thread for over 6months now,I have read comments of how users updated their phone and the phone started having issues ranging from ba3 drain,network instability and some other minor issues
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lexusgs430: 4:15am On Jul 10, 2020
harry2sexy:
Good morning guys,please if I choose not to update my phone, what's the worse that could happen cos following this thread for over 6months now,I have read comments of how users updated their phone and the phone started having issues ranging from ba3 drain,network instability and some other minor issues

Updating is a personal choice.......

By default, updates are meant to enhance devices, quash bugs, security update fixes, OTA updates etc etc etc

Having said all this, your devices could also encounter bricking or becoming unstable during such updates.......

So it's entirely your call........ grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 5:48am On Jul 10, 2020
harry2sexy:

Just update your phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi40(m): 6:50am On Jul 10, 2020
My 7a keeps telling me sd card missing tap to forget even after removing it and inserting it back I don't want to forget cos I have important stuffs I don't want to lose,

I know someone posted how u can go about it with a system but I can't seem to find it,
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:57am On Jul 10, 2020
harry2sexy:

If we are to take a statistic you will see it is not up to 20% and the bugs also get fixed with subsequent updates.

Last last if you prefer to remain where you are it is left to you. I prefer to get new features, camera improvements, etc over anything. Mind you apart from Major update like MIUI, Xiaomi will hardly tell you what they are adding or improving, it is left for you to update and find out. I have moved from MIUI 9, to 10, to 11 and waiting for 12, no issues to lose sleep over so far.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:58am On Jul 10, 2020
liljboy:
I swear, same thing happened to me. I was like, whatever is making this thread span so long must be really worth it. Here I am with my R7.

Lol. I can remember when you threatened to sell your R7 because there was no update for close to 2 months. In fact, you placed an ad to sell it. Glad you are enjoying it now.

Meanwhile, ignore that guy that told you to tell him about Redmi 7.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 7:00am On Jul 10, 2020
harry2sexy:
Good morning
You miss out new features and security patches as well as bug fixes and performance enhancement. If you don't want to update feel free not to or ask users here using the same device how much the update affected their device.

Don't listen to trolls.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi40(m): 7:08am On Jul 10, 2020
iheanyi40:
My 7a keeps telling me sd card missing tap to forget even after removing it and inserting it back I don't want to forget cos I have important stuffs I don't want to lose,

I know someone posted how u can go about it with a system but I can't seem to find it,
and I formatted it as internal memory, been using it for a while
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Tiztonio(m): 7:11am On Jul 10, 2020
Note 9pro is a bomb. Great battery life! The camera is lovely as well. I had to screenshot it

15 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Swichnerd(m): 7:22am On Jul 10, 2020
good day guys... noticed this with my phone, though the battery performance has been superb, bt I noticed that I mistakenly opened some app which I closed immediately. after I checked the battery stat, noticed the app consumed alot of battery usage.
device is RN9s
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:24am On Jul 10, 2020
Swichnerd:
good day guys... noticed this with my phone, though the battery performance has been superb, bt I noticed that I mistakenly opened some app which I closed immediately. after I checked the battery stat, noticed the app consumed alot of battery usage.
device is RN9s

Which app is that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Swichnerd(m): 7:27am On Jul 10, 2020
genius43:

Which app is that?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by liljboy(m): 7:29am On Jul 10, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lol. I can remember when you threatened to sell your R7 because there was no update for close to 2 months. In fact, you placed an ad to sell it. Glad you are enjoying it now.

Meanwhile, ignore that guy that told you to tell him about Redmi 7.
lwkmd... I'm patiently waiting for the MIUI12. The reviews on YouTube madd mehn... And for that guy, he can always browse the specs abeg... And there's a thread on NL for that too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:30am On Jul 10, 2020
Swichnerd:

Have you used it before, if it is a first time usage of the app, it is excusable, it normalises afterwards.

Your battery usage is fine and I can see that your network might be a little unstable, SIM 2 that is
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by veekid(m): 7:32am On Jul 10, 2020
KillerFrost:
RN7

Think I'll just wait till miui 12
e go pile up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Swichnerd(m): 7:42am On Jul 10, 2020
genius43:

Have you used it before, if it is a first time usage of the app, it is excusable, it normalises afterwards.

Your battery usage is fine and I can see that your network might be a little unstable, SIM 2 that is
thanks for the response. SIM 2 is Glo, I have used it before but not for a long period. bt the mi video app always consume app since I don't use it .
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by masterP042(m): 7:46am On Jul 10, 2020
Is there a link or website where I can download free hd games that require no data connection to play. I need game suggestions
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:50am On Jul 10, 2020
Swichnerd:
device is RN9s

You guys like asking unnecessary questions.

You opened an app and noticed it took a toll on your battery. Isn't that an indicator that the app is a battery consumer?

Moreover, from your battery chart, what I could deduce is that you spent a lot of time on the app.

You either delete the app, use it sparingly, or ultimately restrict its background activities completely; the option for this is available in the battery section under the app's settings.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iheanyi40(m): 8:00am On Jul 10, 2020
jboixxx:
Remove it and do scan for errors and fix using a PC. Follow this procedure out you don't know how to:

Connect to your PC > Open My Computer > Right Click on the Storage > Properties > Tools > Check > Scan and repair drive > Fix (if found any error). This won't format the card but only to fix the errors (if any).

What kinda card are you using? You may send a pic of it if possible.

Lastly, always use the safe eject feature of your device or switch the phone OFF each time you want to eject the SIM tray. It's very important to avoid R/W errors.
bro is it possible for my phone software to keep crashing my mcard? Cos this is the 3rd 32gb mcard m using in my 7a that keeps giving me issues, I'm yet to update d phone tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Swichnerd(m): 8:08am On Jul 10, 2020
Mustiboy:

You guys like asking unnecessary questions.

You opened an app and noticed it took a toll on your battery. Isn't that an indicator that the app is a battery consumer?

Moreover, from your battery chart, what I could deduce is that you spent a lot of time on the app.

You either delete the app, use it sparingly, or ultimately restrict its background activities completely; the option for this is available in the battery section under the app's settings.
which one is unnecessary question sir?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:10am On Jul 10, 2020
I need camera glass for RN8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaycool18(m): 8:42am On Jul 10, 2020
genius43:

In which country is Mi A3 4/128GB sold for 107k when even the RN9s 6/128GB is not sold at that amount?

you have your phone with you sir, you can Google it..the 64gb variant is now sold for 85k in most stores, some 90k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:42am On Jul 10, 2020
Swichnerd:

thanks for the response. SIM 2 is Glo, I have used it before but not for a long period. bt the mi video app always consume app since I don't use it .

Glo somehow consumes more battery.

Switch back to default theme.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaycool18(m): 8:43am On Jul 10, 2020
NikeMi1:
grin grin...lol...107! .mahddd ooh
you're free to check
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LehreMi: 8:53am On Jul 10, 2020
losdiose:

That is the settings I actually use man
...and your device doesn't heat?

Even Red Magic and Blackshark heats cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Swichnerd(m): 8:58am On Jul 10, 2020
GrandMufti:

Glo somehow consumes more battery.
Switch back to default theme.
thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 9:08am On Jul 10, 2020
LehreMi:
...and your device doesn't heat?

Even Red Magic and Blackshark heats cheesy

Depends on how long u play

The truth is, since I got the device I haven't encountered any abnormal heating issue.

The CoDM graphics is set at very High which is the highest it can go

Alfred234:

And your phone doesn't heat?
Your phone will heat up to 45°c on that settings and your battery will also drain like water.

See the SC for ursef

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 9:09am On Jul 10, 2020
losdiose:

That is the settings I actually use man
And your phone doesn't heat?
Your phone will heat up to 45°c on that settings and your battery will also drain like water.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:13am On Jul 10, 2020
Jaycool18:
you have your phone with you sir, you can Google it..the 64gb variant is now sold for 85k in most stores, some 90k

It is scarce, but certainly not that price. And the 4/64GB is 70K not 85K.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jaycool18(m): 9:14am On Jul 10, 2020
genius43:

It is scarce, but certainly not that price. And the 4/64GB is 70K not 85K.
check AliExpress and jumia.The price went up when dollar did

(1) (2) (3) ... (7532) (7533) (7534) (7535) (7536) (7537) (7538) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.