Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,076 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:30 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7546) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9198131 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7543) (7544) (7545) (7546) (7547) (7548) (7549) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DavisBloom(m): 5:57pm On Jul 11, 2020
Got my note 10 lite(sealed) from nurex01
Good pre & post customer services smiley
Just order and worry not

21 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintsylve(m): 6:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
Hello All,

My redmi note 8, felled into water and has since not been displaying but its charging and also calls are entering. Does anyone has the screen here in Nigeria as I was told its the screen while some says it may come up after some time

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Drizzle007(m): 6:35pm On Jul 11, 2020
vhuqnl:

Did u used tempered glass

No I didn't.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Listooo: 6:36pm On Jul 11, 2020
DavisBloom:
Got my note 10 lite(sealed) from nurex01
Good pre & post customer services smiley
Just order and worry not

Congratulations cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifabernard(m): 6:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
DavisBloom:
Got my note 10 lite(sealed) from nurex01 Good pre & post customer services smiley Just order and worry not
congratulations. see mashine abeg... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 6:54pm On Jul 11, 2020
Phayteprecious1:
Good morning, I woke up now and saw that my redmi note 5a prime is hot and switch off, I have been trying to switch it on but it's not working..... please what can I do to switch it on?
NB: I had like 60% last night
Allow it to charge for a while, then hold power button and volume down to take it to fastboot mode. If it works, hold power button for as long as possible until the phone vibrates, this is supposed to boot up the phone. If it doesn't work, you may need to remove the back cover of the phone, remove the battery plug, then put it back.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wiliz(m): 7:01pm On Jul 11, 2020
Guys pm! my second space always reverts back to the Normal space on its own, doesn't even stay on second space for a minute.. Redmi note 8
please what might be the solution to this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by FlipModeSquade(m): 7:05pm On Jul 11, 2020
vhuqnl:

I feel so terrible right now
Don't be..
There could have been a lot of reasons the device was not sealed..
It doesn't necessarily mean that something is wrong with it..

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 7:07pm On Jul 11, 2020
horlahwaley:
I did experience the same when i bought my RN8. But i switched to eu rom..now i get more than 10hours SOT. You can download the last stable version of miui 11 of eu rom on xiaomi.eu. It has the best battery backup so far.
It's not cool to drop comments like this without putting a disclaimer or say exactly what you did. Some persons might end up bricking their devices.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:09pm On Jul 11, 2020
saintsylve:
Hello All,

My redmi note 8, felled into water and has since not been displaying but its charging and also calls are entering. Does anyone has the screen here in Nigeria as I was told its the screen while some says it may come up after some time

Thanks

Not advisable to charge the phone until you've cleaned it up properly
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:11pm On Jul 11, 2020
wiliz:
Guys pm! my second space always reverts back to the Normal space on its own, doesn't even stay on second space for a minute.. Redmi note 8
please what might be the solution to this

It reverts after unlocking or when using your phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DavisBloom(m): 7:14pm On Jul 11, 2020
Please what's the difference btw a TFT and Amoled screen, want to get a screen replacement for mi8SE
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintsylve(m): 7:15pm On Jul 11, 2020
GrandMufti:

Not advisable to charge the phone until you've cleaned it up properly

Thanks , my bad,,, I actually plugged it after cleaning it up. So now the display is not coming up.

The upper flex is good , I just don't know if it will eventually come up or if I can get the screen in Nigeria ASAP.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
vhuqnl:

I feel so terrible right now

Well, let's hope for the best

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DavisBloom(m): 7:30pm On Jul 11, 2020
saintsylve:

Thanks , my bad,,, I actually plugged it after cleaning it up. So now the display is not coming up.

The upper flex is good , I just don't know if it will eventually come up or if I can get the screen in Nigeria ASAP.
Place in a bag of rice(raw) first
Then check after 36hrs+
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
saintsylve:

If you did not open the phone to properly clean it up, then you probably shouldn't charge

Check thread store for screen. Link is on the first page
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintsylve(m): 7:43pm On Jul 11, 2020
DavisBloom:

Place in a bag of rice(raw) first
Then check after 36hrs+

Thanks bro, will do that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintsylve(m): 7:44pm On Jul 11, 2020
GrandMufti:

If you did not open the phone to properly clean it up, then you probably shouldn't charge

Check thread store for screen. Link is on the first page

Thanks bro, I appreciate.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DavisBloom(m): 7:48pm On Jul 11, 2020
saintsylve:

Thanks bro, will do that.
You might be lucky tho
I have had similar experience but I didn't charge.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UltimateDayg: 7:56pm On Jul 11, 2020
Please where can I get Xiaomi redmi note 9s in ilorin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 8:00pm On Jul 11, 2020
genius43:

Until he ends up getting Emeka and Sons Global Venture OnePlus 8

Na wa o

grin grin grin

Na everything Emeka and sons dey do now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:20pm On Jul 11, 2020
. angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 8:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
DavisBloom:
Got my note 10 lite(sealed) from nurex01 Good pre & post customer services smiley Just order and worry not

how that your wooden watch bro? e dey make brain?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 9:06pm On Jul 11, 2020
Michaelmercy:
I can't really believe it's the VPN because without it self, the battery consumes quite fast boss
Vpn sucks battery like mad, am a witness and can attest to that. I had uninstall mine cos of that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Michaelmercy(m): 9:19pm On Jul 11, 2020
explosiveskull:

Vpn sucks battery like mad, am a witness and can attest to that. I had uninstall mine cos of that.
Ok boss na for hustle things, I will know how to maneuver over that.. Thanks and also should I update my MIUI version?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jdesilentkiller(m): 9:32pm On Jul 11, 2020
This update is amazing, my display just got more crispy!!

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by wiliz(m): 9:34pm On Jul 11, 2020
GrandMufti:

It reverts after unlocking or when using your phone?
mostly after unlocking
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rash47(m): 9:42pm On Jul 11, 2020
UltimateDayg:
Please where can I get Xiaomi redmi note 9s in ilorin

Enquire from their service center, promo plaza taiwo oke, if they don't have they can help you source
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 9:46pm On Jul 11, 2020
Michaelmercy:
Ok boss na for hustle things, I will know how to maneuver over that.. Thanks and also should I update my MIUI version?
Of course if you have a notification to update, do it asap, it helps our phones.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by horlahwaley(m): 9:50pm On Jul 11, 2020
Gptech:

It's not cool to drop comments like this without putting a disclaimer or say exactly what you did. Some persons might end up bricking their devices.
Noted
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gsparks01(m): 9:55pm On Jul 11, 2020
because you're using the fingerprint assigned to the 1st space.. use the one for 2nd space and it will work.
wiliz:

mostly after unlocking
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by anonymousey: 10:04pm On Jul 11, 2020
saintsylve:
Hello All,

Thanks

Hmm. serious matter o. my note 8T is currently condemned because of a similar situation. Screen is blank but when I plug it in I hear the charge sound and calls were coming in when my sim was in it.

Was told it was an IC issue. Took it to Raya and was told the board needed to be changed and it would cost 40/45k. Can't remember exactly which.

You need to have a technician check it ASAP

(1) (2) (3) ... (7543) (7544) (7545) (7546) (7547) (7548) (7549) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.