Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,906 members, 7,828,185 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (757) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9284146 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:57am On May 08, 2017
Lol.

babanla story for the gods.
at least they now accept that other phones exist.

The only way you will get to use ntel sim on your Xiaomi device is if you switch to LineageOS or other AOSP ROM

it will NEVER work on MIUI, if you like peg it with super glue.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 08, 2017
Gptech:
No na.
Ok oh anything for me

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 12:22pm On May 08, 2017
bobo65:
Is it possible for a seller to ship out an item since 26th of April and till now it won't have any track information

The seller doesn't even respond to messages

I want to open dispute cos the guy might just end up wasting my time

My experience with turkey post was exactly the same,infact it might not even show any tracking info till you get your item,track on turkey post website it sef or 17track.net,nd i assure you turkey post is darn fast as well,almost the same speed with postnl sef
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sodson11(m): 12:44pm On May 08, 2017
Guys,

Since Friday, my item has been packed in a domestic bag and heading for my city yet I never get any call or update.

Biko, what will I do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:55pm On May 08, 2017
sodson11:
Guys,

Since Friday, my item has been packed in a domestic bag and heading for my city yet I never get any call or update.

Biko, what will I do?
They will call you tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kazzonline: 12:55pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=sodson11 post=56320472]Guys,

Biko, what will I do?[/quote

Packed on friday?e fit b say na today d thing comot lagos,chk post office tmao frm 12pm.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidimasters(m): 1:16pm On May 08, 2017
delvinmaya:
I eventually got 4G LTE up and running on my Note 4. It will come up whenever you have 4G network. So what I did was change my APN settings. By removing the proxy, username and password and all that leaving just the APN itself which is etisalat. I then contacted the CC and asked to have 4G activated on the line. Right now, am blazing on 4G.

P.S all etisalat SIM cards are 4G enabled but for this issue with note 4, it's best they assist you

Oga, Etisalat 4g never show for my mi max... I just called the customer care to complain say make dem activate am ni.. Them talk say 24 hours....

Modified: i just got the SMS alert

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dustmalik: 1:19pm On May 08, 2017
ntelassist:
Thank you for the brief. The reason for the network appearing and disappearing is because the phone needs to register on the network which owns the SIM card it has in it. There is a concept called combined-attach which means that every phone will register the various communications services on different sections of the network. i.e. Voice will register on d circuit switched network and data will register on d packet switched network. Hence for all phones, to work on an LTE only network with an IMS core, you will need to set the phone to a 4G only mode. This can be a difficult task but you can achieve that by dialing *#*#4636#*#* or *#*#3646633#*#* (for MTK chipset). if any of these fails, download an app called 4G LTE switcher.

Select phone information select network type, scroll down or up and select LTE only mode or 4G only mode. then toggle your phone service on and off, then check again. service should be on the phone. if this doesn't work, then the phone may not support the right BANDS

Oga, I've known this for centuries lol. But that is not the case with Xiaomi devices running Miui 8(6.0.1). We've tried everything known to mankind, but to no avail.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sodson11(m): 1:24pm On May 08, 2017
[quote author=kazzonline post=56320732][/quote]
I am based in Lagos too.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bobo65(m): 1:34pm On May 08, 2017
kazzonline:

My experience with turkey post was exactly the same,infact it might not even show any tracking info till you get your item,track on turkey post website it sef or 17track.net,nd i assure you turkey post is darn fast as well,almost the same speed with postnl sef

Lemme follow ur advice since uv experienced it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vanchi(m): 1:50pm On May 08, 2017
4llerbuntu:
Lol.

babanla story for the gods.
at least they now accept that other phones exist.

The only way you will get to use ntel sim on your Xiaomi device is if you switch to LineageOS or other AOSP ROM

it will NEVER work on MIUI, if you like peg it with super glue.

Works on mine... But I Had to leave it in the Sim slot for a few hours before it picked
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by delvinmaya(m): 2:18pm On May 08, 2017
gidimasters:

Oga, Etisalat 4g never show for my mi max... I just called the customer care to complain say make dem activate am ni.. Them talk say 24 hours....

Modified: i just got the SMS alert

Hope it's working now
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:20pm On May 08, 2017
bobo65:

Lemme follow ur advice since uv experienced it

U gat nothin to fear.tracked on turkey post site yet?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 2:22pm On May 08, 2017
best news today

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by HeavenlyBang(m): 2:29pm On May 08, 2017
It amuses me so much to see people hyping up whatever bone Tecno throws to them for the week.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gidimasters(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2017
delvinmaya:

Hope it's working now
Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:38pm On May 08, 2017
Opistorincos:
best news today

Cud be the worst news,if you dont wait 24 hrs nd beyond,so chill pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 2:41pm On May 08, 2017
noobody:

hehe, God saved my ass, i was just about to do bebeto and fund, have you ever experienced what its like to fund some hours after approval
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dam5reey(m): 2:44pm On May 08, 2017
Opistorincos:

hehe, God saved my ass, i was just about to do bebeto and fund, have you ever experienced what its like to fund some hours after approval

Appeal again... grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:44pm On May 08, 2017
Opistorincos:

Well its nothin really serrious,you just hav to wait anoda 3 - 7 days of appeal,since u still av ur documents,it wud be easy to upload them again thou grin
Dont fund till tmao night if i wia u.or wed morn sef.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 2:46pm On May 08, 2017
Aliexpress sef dey craze,what is the hard thing to put a lil reminder with the appeal accepted email not to fund till after 24hrs,seems the team behind the appeal verification love to see members in appeal mode i guess.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eraly(m): 2:49pm On May 08, 2017
noobody:
Aliexpress sef dey craze,what is the hard thing to put a lil reminder with the appeal accepted email not to fund till after 24hrs,seems the team behind the appeal verification love to see members in appeal mode i guess.

Ah tire o grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Holuwaxheun(m): 2:50pm On May 08, 2017
noobody:

Gbagan!!!

You just successfully hit the nail on the head.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 2:53pm On May 08, 2017
thanks guys, their appeal team and cc are doing a great job tho, those guys are be friendly ehn
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 3:29pm On May 08, 2017
Its postNL baby grin them nor dey miss there 8 days target at all,wish AES cud just change to postNL...wud be best

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by seyema(m): 3:44pm On May 08, 2017
noobody:
Its postNL baby grin them nor dey miss there 8 days target at all,wish AES cud just change to postNL...wud be best
How do you guys know the shipping the phone will take before making payment?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by noobody(m): 3:46pm On May 08, 2017
seyema:

How do you guys know the shipping the phone will take before making payment?

Whatsapp me bro,07051054953
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:47pm On May 08, 2017
noobody:
Will force a card on appeal soon and c if this 24hrs wait really matter!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Opistorincos(m): 3:59pm On May 08, 2017
noobody:

bro, how do i get postnl to ship my package
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nadalion: 4:02pm On May 08, 2017
Ebubemg:
This picture you posted communication mask in, I sure say na MTN own that's why there is yellow tint in it. grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by fibonacci2526: 4:08pm On May 08, 2017
Opistorincos:

bro, how do i get postnl to ship my package

Your choice is limited to the seller's ideal couriers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iliyande(m): 4:12pm On May 08, 2017
noobody:

wooow, very interesting.....

gotten your smartgo order?

(1) (2) (3) ... (754) (755) (756) (757) (758) (759) (760) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 7 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.