Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,743 members, 7,817,054 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:17 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7571) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9197790 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7568) (7569) (7570) (7571) (7572) (7573) (7574) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Horluwahighdee(m): 2:03pm On Jul 17, 2020
����the redmi 8a beast is here

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifabernard(m): 2:09pm On Jul 17, 2020
GrandMufti:

Very abnormal. Clear data of google play services and reboot.
where can I get that?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danator(m): 2:14pm On Jul 17, 2020
@genius43

Between the G80 used in the Redmi 9 and the SD665 on the note 8. Which is the better chip?

On the other hand, given the features on these devices, can you compare the redmi 9 to the note 8?
I looked online out of curiosity but can't seem to draw a conclusion.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 2:25pm On Jul 17, 2020
Danator:
@genius43

Between the G80 used in the Redmi 9 and the SD665 on the note 8. Which is the better chip?

On the other hand, given the features on these devices, can you compare the redmi 9 to the note 8?
I looked online out of curiosity but can't seem to draw a conclusion.

Source: nanoreview.net

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Ifabernard:

where can I get that?

Settlings/apps/ system apps.

Or just use search bar in settlings/apps
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danator(m): 2:34pm On Jul 17, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

Source: nanoreview.net

So from this, do you conclude that the redmi 9 is better than the note 8 in terms of device performance? Let's keep the camera quality aside.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:36pm On Jul 17, 2020
Danator:

So from this, do you conclude that the redmi 9 is better than the note 8 in terms of device performance? Let's keep the camera quality aside.

Did you look at the chart?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:38pm On Jul 17, 2020
In anything you do, avoid repairpalng, they have the worst customer service I've ever seen, ordered something from them from lagos since a month ago and till now I'm yet to receive my item and they keep claiming it was delivered, if it was really delivered then where is the evidence? Who did you give the item to? Who signed it? I really blame myself for dealing with them, no one has ever given a good review about repairpalng

5 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Unbiased1: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
GrandMufti:

Know the difference between android one and miui devices. The mi a3 running on stock android has since received android Q update

grin grin I know wetin I dey do.
I asked that question for those xiaomi fanboys mocking Transsion for not receiving updates to reply me
And by the way, I asked of Redmi models not Mi cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:39pm On Jul 17, 2020
Unbiased1:

I asked that question for those xiaomi fanboys mocking Transsion for not receiving updates to reply me

Redmi note 8 pro has it already. So?

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
The most arrogant sales agent online repairpalng come and defend yourself, I won't keep quiet until I get my item or get a refund. Come and show the proof the item was delivered to me!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 2:41pm On Jul 17, 2020
Danator:

Dude, you still asking? Of course G80 is superior to SD 665 but less optimized for mods. If you don't care much about custom roms, modification, hopping from one rom to another, kernels flashing, playing with your device os G80 it is.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Unbiased1: 2:42pm On Jul 17, 2020
GrandMufti:

Redmi note 8 pro has it already. So?

Lucky them grin
Make I leave una before una attack me grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danator(m): 2:45pm On Jul 17, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

Dude, you still asking? Of course G80 is superior to SD 665 but less optimized for mods. If you don't care much about custom roms, modification, hopping from one rom to another, kernels flashing, playing with your device os G80 it is.
Good, that's jst what I wanted to be sure I wasn't the only one who observed that.

But why note 8 come cost pass redmi 9 wey be say na only camera wey note 8 take better pass redmi 9.
That got me wondering.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mattbass(m): 2:46pm On Jul 17, 2020
[quote author=Acermoon post=91793333]

Please the name of the font type
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Danator(m): 2:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
GrandMufti:

Did you look at the chart?

Bros I see am oh. And I am quite surprised given the price difference.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TimmyBrass(m): 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
please, where can i get the redmi 9 in Nigeria??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 2:50pm On Jul 17, 2020
Danator:

Bros I see am oh. And I am quite surprised given the price difference.

Lol... Sometimes it's not all about price
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 2:55pm On Jul 17, 2020
Danator:

Good, that's jst what I wanted to be sure I wasn't the only one who observed that.

But why note 8 come cost pass redmi 9 wey be say na only camera wey note 8 take better pass redmi 9.
That got me wondering.

Not a surprise if you have been following this thread. Same thing as Redmi Note 7 and Note 8. Note 9 'gas' bring in the dollars for Lei Jun. Moreso, Note 9 is mediatek.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jurrsh(m): 3:12pm On Jul 17, 2020
Unbiased1:

I use a Nokia 5.1 plus and I have received the update for Android 10.
So Redmi has not received the update just like Transsion abi grin grin

I'm actually not using redmi nw.. I'm hoping to buy.. Currently using tecno w4 thats giving me headache since the first day. from battery to hanging to other problems
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 3:18pm On Jul 17, 2020
My question.... please what is the difference between 4g and LTE? And why doesn't our Xiaomi display or have LTE
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mummyson26(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
Unbiased1:

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 3:19pm On Jul 17, 2020
Unbiased1:

Lucky them grin
Make I leave una before una attack me grin grin

There is no luck whatsoever the updates will come, that is assured. Some regions will get it earlier than others and that's to be expected. Redmi Note 8T is already recieving the update, the Note 8 Pro has gotten the Android 10 treatment already. Nokia 5.1 is on the Android One program, like someone told you just like the Mi A3 which has since received Android Q.

Before you troll, at least do some research.

#peace

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mummyson26(m): 3:20pm On Jul 17, 2020
Unbiased1:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 3:21pm On Jul 17, 2020
drake49:
My question.... please what is the difference between 4g and LTE? And why doesn't our Xiaomi display or have LTE

They mean the same thing. OEMs may chose to display LTE instead of 4G or LTE-A instead of 4G+. There's no difference beyond that.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 3:23pm On Jul 17, 2020
festwiz:

They mean the same thing. OEMs may chose to display LTE instead of 4G or LTE-A instead of 4G+. There's no difference beyond that.
oh okay, thanks for this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DavisBloom(m): 3:49pm On Jul 17, 2020
TimmyBrass:
Nurex01
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurex01(m): 3:51pm On Jul 17, 2020
DavisBloom:

Nurex01
Thanks for the Mention, Boss.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nurex01(m): 3:52pm On Jul 17, 2020
TimmyBrass:
come my WhatsApp boss man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OMOKUNMI90: 3:57pm On Jul 17, 2020
Android 10 update failed on my redmi 7a. I av not been able to retry it since den. I came across dis on my phone memory today. Hrd it can be installed manually. Can i get d steps on ow to install d downloaded update manually?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:01pm On Jul 17, 2020
OMOKUNMI90:
Android 10 update failed on my redmi 7a. I av not been able to retry it since den. I came across dis on my phone memory today. Hrd it can be installed manually. Can i get d steps on ow to install d downloaded update manually?

What made the update to fail on your phone in the first place?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7568) (7569) (7570) (7571) (7572) (7573) (7574) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.