Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,355 members, 7,815,755 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7665) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9188452 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7662) (7663) (7664) (7665) (7666) (7667) (7668) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lovelynife(m): 6:08am On Aug 05, 2020
Tiger2020:
finish with 10 first,besides miui 13 will be there to compensate
how I wish I can get seller that can swap with cash for Redmi 9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:35am On Aug 05, 2020
MobileGees:
Someone please explain to me my phone is on MIUI 11.0.6.0, a new update arrived on my phone telling me to downgrade back to 11.0.1 undecided

Is anyone else getting this on their Note 7

That's because the new update is based on Android 10. So, the miui version number will start from 11.0.1. It's an upgrade not a downgrade.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:40am On Aug 05, 2020
Mrviktor:

Boss how has the experience been after using the phone for this long now

Lmao grin grin. As usual.

The experience is great sha. My son uses the same phone. cool
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by mathefaro(m): 7:26am On Aug 05, 2020
yak:

don't mind my yeye question
hope the phones with mtk will continue to get normal OTA support
All things being equal, yeah. In fact, Redmi is trying so hard to promote their recent mtk powered devices as we have seen with Note 8 pro so I believe such devices will get support as long as possible.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oluwashedy: 7:26am On Aug 05, 2020
Joshkid:
Joshjog
Done ❕
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ibawon(m): 7:35am On Aug 05, 2020
Okikiola914:

Screenshot
Then your phone doesn't have a breakage issue
Screenshots don't show screen cracks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by modextus(m): 7:35am On Aug 05, 2020
Guys.. Any idea when android 10 will be available for RN8?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 7:36am On Aug 05, 2020
Prymestrr:

How does it work please? Assist with a quick review please.
Google
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KingBillionaire(m): 7:46am On Aug 05, 2020
Hi fam, I've been using my note 9s for a while and I complained some weeks back on how hot the device becomes and it doesn't last a day.
Some great fellows here recommended I force restart and reset device if it persists. This is I did and the phone came back to nomalcy but it stayed normal for a day or 2 before going back to the same issue. Having done 2 updates ( 11.0.9 and 11.0.10) and 2 reset. overheating stopped but battery drain is still massive (lose about 30% under light usage, just social media though on 4G )

Do you think, I've got a defective device in my hands as I intend to go to the outlet I got it from and request for a swap, upgrade or refund (I know this might not b possible)

Phone is just 20days old. I need your sincere opinion and advise on how to go about this.

Thank you all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:54am On Aug 05, 2020
KingBillionaire:
Hi fam, I've been using my note 9s for a while and I complained some weeks back on how hot the device becomes and it doesn't last a day.
Some great fellows here recommended I force restart and reset device if it persists. This is I did and the phone came back to nomalcy but it stayed normal for a day or 2 before going back to the same issue. Having done 2 updates ( 11.0.9 and 11.0.10) and 2 reset. overheating stopped but battery drain is still massive (lose about 30% under light usage, just social media though on 4G )

Do you think, I've got a defective device in my hands as I intend to go to the outlet I got it from and request for a swap, upgrade or refund (I know this might not b possible)

Phone is just 20days old. I need your sincere opinion and advise on how to go about this.

Thank you all

Network is responsible majorly for battery drains but it's sad most people fail to account for it and jump on blaming the poor phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by yak(m): 7:55am On Aug 05, 2020
KingBillionaire:

Thank you all

if I understood Ur post, u have updated the phone recently.
where that's the case, u might have to wait for a while for the battery to calibrate properly.
As for returning the phone?
Dats funny!!
nobody wld even listen to u
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frisky008(m): 8:15am On Aug 05, 2020
Nothing is special about the android 10, I recently updated my RN7. Full screen gestures barely works on third party launcher app. I can't even find any difference on my phone after updating it. I wish I could go back to android 9

modextus:
Guys.. Any idea when android 10 will be available for RN8?

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:20am On Aug 05, 2020
frisky008:
Nothing is special about the android 10, I recently updated my RN7. Full screen gestures barely works on third party launcher app. I can't even find any difference on my phone after updating it. I wish I could go back to android 9

To solve the gesture problem, uninstall updates on your stock launcher.

If you have been a Xiaomi user you will know that cosmetic changes on your UI go along with MIUI Version not Android Version.

When we keep saying in Xiaomi MIUI Upgrades is more important than Android updates you guys failed to grab.

Cosmetic changes will come with MIUI 12.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KingBillionaire(m): 8:21am On Aug 05, 2020
yak:

if I understood Ur post, u have updated the phone recently.
where that's the case, u might have to wait for a while for the battery to calibrate properly.
As for returning the phone?
Dats funny!!
nobody wld even listen to u

I did those updates about two week ago

Thank you for your input
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prymestrr(m): 8:29am On Aug 05, 2020
GrandMufti:

Google
Heard
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frisky008(m): 8:34am On Aug 05, 2020
I only use stock launcher on second space. My first space is Microsoft launcher and I can't do without it because it help me have quick access to some features for my daily activities. Now I have to abandon gestures which result in my going back to button navigation which I despise. I just hope MIUI 12 resolve this gesture problem.

genius43:

To solve the gesture problem, uninstall updates on your stock launcher.

If you have been a Xiaomi user you will know that cosmetic changes on your UI go along with MIUI Version not Android Version.

When we keep saying in Xiaomi MIUI Upgrades is more important than Android updates you guys failed to grab.

Cosmetic changes will come with MIUI 12.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:36am On Aug 05, 2020
frisky008:
I only use stock launcher on second space. My first space is Microsoft launcher and I can't do without it because it help me have quick access to some features for my daily activities. Now I have to abandon gestures which result in my going back to button navigation which I despise. I just hope MIUI 12 resolve this gesture problem.

I provided a solution that have worked for others for the third party launchers, how you choose to conclude without trying beats my imagination.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrviktor(m): 8:44am On Aug 05, 2020
olayinkajnr:

Lmao grin grin. As usual.

The experience is great sha. My son uses the same phone. cool

K
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by frisky008(m): 8:44am On Aug 05, 2020
Thanks it works. I thought you were only refering to the stock launcher.

genius43:

I provided a solution that have worked for others for the third party launchers, how you choose to conclude without trying beats my imagination.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 8:45am On Aug 05, 2020
Another update

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 8:53am On Aug 05, 2020
KingBillionaire:

Thank you all

Change your network.

And screenshot your app battery usage

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KanyeSouthWest: 9:21am On Aug 05, 2020
Elslim:
Another update
y'all don't have to flex too much on us like this cry cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by modextus(m): 9:35am On Aug 05, 2020
frisky008:

oh really?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 9:41am On Aug 05, 2020
which phone sir?
we wey dey use mi9 se never receive jack o
Elslim:
Another update
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Salarys: 9:44am On Aug 05, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Elslim: 9:47am On Aug 05, 2020
orogodoganyin:
which phone sir?
we wey dey use mi9 se never receive jack o

MI 9T

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by orogodoganyin(m): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2020
yeah, my cousin 9T don get too...
Elslim:

MI 9T
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Igemburg(m): 9:49am On Aug 05, 2020
KingBillionaire:

Thank you all

Don't blame your phone too much, do the following regularly after heavy usage
1. Clear Junk files
2. Too many apps opening can cause this, always close some apps when not in use, especially heavy ones
3. Restart your phone every day/2 days. It helps the device to normalize

To my Ogas in the house, hope am on point!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stephinnoyewole(m): 10:09am On Aug 05, 2020
genius43:

RN8 don't have android 10 update yet. It is still in the works.
Are u kidding me?
I think u sud rather say, Android 10 is not available for global user?
I'm using RN8, and it's running on Android 10 and MIUI 12
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 10:14am On Aug 05, 2020
Themaths:

Why not use these 3rd party guys here on NL?
not really about buying a phone, there are stuffs i don't see on Aliexpress buh are on Amazon.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7662) (7663) (7664) (7665) (7666) (7667) (7668) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.