Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,285 members, 7,818,963 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7862) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9223053 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7859) (7860) (7861) (7862) (7863) (7864) (7865) ... (9318) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:08am On Sep 30, 2020
Prince202020:

Nna you're an epitome of bad customer relationship, everytime repairpalng this, repairpalng that, them do you, was about ordering a Redmi note 5 battery from you but now I'm weak.
I had to stop someone from creating a thread a few months back, calling him out for selling a fake battery to him. Was shocked when I saw the battery, it wasn't even a fit, there was a huge gap and the battery couldn't power on the phone, phone was just bootlooping. I had to convince him that the battery just couldn't power up the phone, because he was sure his phone was gone. Problem got solved after buying another battery from Macbeyland. Beware!

18 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by arleck(m): 12:41am On Sep 30, 2020
Anyone with solution to unable to login on this device cash app problem I wanna know how to tweak my device to enable signing in to cash app
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:32am On Sep 30, 2020
joshingjosh:

No, I don't know how to do that

Create an mi account and add both numbers there
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:34am On Sep 30, 2020
Tiger2020:
May God meet all of us at the point of our needs,
Happy birthday to me

Happy sir
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:50am On Sep 30, 2020
Gptech:

Next prayer na make that screen work well sha grin.
Yeah, you can't compare original with replacement unit but so far, touch is responsive only that brightness isn't as expected.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:53am On Sep 30, 2020
Gptech:

I had to stop someone from creating a thread a few months back, calling him out for selling a fake battery to him. Was shocked when I saw the battery, it wasn't even a fit, there was a huge gap and the battery couldn't power on the phone, phone was just bootlooping. I had to convince him that the battery just couldn't power up the phone, because he was sure his phone was gone. Problem got solved after buying another battery from Macb.eyland. Beware!
Imagine! Wetin con be the meaning of "repair" in his moniker?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dukeo(m): 6:17am On Sep 30, 2020
Aliexpress users please how long more do you think I have to wait?

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:30am On Sep 30, 2020
dukeo:
Only God knows. It could be a few days or a few weeks!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prince202020(m): 7:14am On Sep 30, 2020
Gptech:

I had to stop someone from creating a thread a few months back, calling him out for selling a fake battery to him. Was shocked when I saw the battery, it wasn't even a fit, there was a huge gap and the battery couldn't power on the phone, phone was just bootlooping. I had to convince him that the battery just couldn't power up the phone, because he was sure his phone was gone. Problem got solved after buying another battery from Macbeyland. Beware!

Thank You, I'll get from Machbeyland, he is even with me here in Port Harcourt.

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture1(m): 7:21am On Sep 30, 2020
Redmi 8a needed good price pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:26am On Sep 30, 2020
GreaterFuture1:
Redmi 8a needed, preferably the 3GB RAM version

As far as Global is considered Redmi 8a is 2GB RAM if you want a higher memory option you either get Redmi 8 or Redmi 9C.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by herzernIsHere: 8:09am On Sep 30, 2020
What can possibly be the cause of my phone hanging periodically??

The screen touch just refuses to function until I press the power button to switch the screen off and on again.

Phone is Redmi 8.

Help!!!!!
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:35am On Sep 30, 2020
herzernIsHere:
What can possibly be the cause of my phone hanging periodically??

The screen touch just refuses to function until I press the power button to switch the screen off and on again.

Phone is Redmi 8.

Help!!!!!

Might be an incompatible or unstable app and several other reasons eg malware and more.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by DigitB: 8:44am On Sep 30, 2020
dukeo:

20 days at least.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by herzernIsHere: 9:02am On Sep 30, 2020
genius43:

Might be an incomparable or unstable app and several other reasons eg malware and more.
"Incompatible" you mean?

It usually happens whenever I'm using the Pes2020 app, just last week it began to happen while using my UC browser and gallery app.

So bro, what do you suggest I do? Phone is barely 6 months old.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:11am On Sep 30, 2020
herzernIsHere:

"Incompatible" you mean?

It usually happens whenever I'm using the Pes2020 app, just last week it began to happen while using my UC browser and gallery app.

So bro, what do you suggest I do? Phone is barely 6 months old.

UC Browser, has been misbehaving especially with their last update.

As for gallery app. That is strange.

Is your phone software up to date?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sokul: 9:19am On Sep 30, 2020
No, the bootloader isn't unlocked.
GrandMufti:

Is bootloader unlocked?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joshingjosh(m): 9:21am On Sep 30, 2020
GrandMufti:

Create an mi account and add both numbers there

I have already created an MI Account, I have even linked it to my Gmail account...but don't know where to add those numbers

The only option was to add recovery number
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 9:33am On Sep 30, 2020
Tiger2020:
May God meet all of us at the point of our needs,
Happy birthday to me
Hapi birthday chief
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:34am On Sep 30, 2020
joshingjosh:

I have already created an MI Account, I have even linked it to my Gmail account...but don't know where to add those numbers

The only option was to add recovery number

You can only add a recovery number. Find my device is different. On my phone one SIM worked and the other didn't, I am not losing any sleep over it.

The most important thing to me is that my Mi account is active and my device is listed in my account under my devices.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amnwa(m): 9:41am On Sep 30, 2020
repairpalng:

Your complaints have been lodged with our support team and we would be reaching out to you sir. Apologies

This guy has the worst customer service I have ever seen
Wasted credit to call the line, told to come to whatsapp. Sent them messages and uptill now , messages has shown read receipt but man didn't reply
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TrebleChamp(m): 9:53am On Sep 30, 2020
repairpalng:

Your complaints have been lodged with our support team and we would be reaching out to you sir. Apologies
This guy na real guy man, support team �

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 9:55am On Sep 30, 2020
sokul:
No, the bootloader isn't unlocked.

You'll probably need test point method to flash.

If you are in Lagos, contact igemburg.

Otherwise check YouTube on how to DIY
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by joshingjosh(m): 9:58am On Sep 30, 2020
genius43:

You can only add a recovery number. Find my device is different. On my phone one SIM worked and the other didn't, I am not losing any sleep over it.

The most important thing to me is that my Mi account is active and my device is listed in my account under my devices.

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sokul: 10:01am On Sep 30, 2020
Thanks for the response.

I am currently at Port-Harcourt, I will check YouTube for the test point method to flash as advised.
GrandMufti:

You'll probably need test point method to flash.

If you are in Lagos, contact igemburg.

Otherwise check YouTube on how to DIY
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:13am On Sep 30, 2020
sokul:
Thanks for the response.

I am currently at Port-Harcourt, I will check YouTube for the test point method to flash as advised.

But how did you reset?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sokul: 10:16am On Sep 30, 2020
By pressing the upper volume key and the power button and then wiping the data before restarting.
GrandMufti:

But how did you reset?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 10:41am On Sep 30, 2020
sokul:
By pressing the upper volume key and the power button and then wiping the data before restarting.

Message me on tg @t3lok3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OLADO(m): 10:52am On Sep 30, 2020
Good Morning People. I have some observations/questions.

if "Find my Device" is activated on a device and it is subsequently stolen, can it be used if same is wiped/factory reset?
cos if one has to track such device ( through imei), tracking can only be done if a sim is inserted into it? or is there a way around it?

i tested the above .
entered my mi account into a new device.
i wiped it and upon reboot, it locked the device requesting for mi password before i can use it despite having wiped it and all data gone.

so i want to know, how does the mi cloud/data protection and as well as find my device work. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2020
At least we go soon hear word for this street.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 11:12am On Sep 30, 2020
genius43:
At least we go soon hear word for this street.

Na screenshot sure pass now grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7859) (7860) (7861) (7862) (7863) (7864) (7865) ... (9318) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.