Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,069 members, 7,818,188 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:50 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7961) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9207748 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7958) (7959) (7960) (7961) (7962) (7963) (7964) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by lilshevy(m): 10:00am On Nov 06, 2020
genius43:

https://bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.1.0.QCOMIXM/miui_GINKGOGlobal_V12.0.1.0.QCOMIXM_f5da3c2665_10.0.zip

I expect you know the other steps, sorry for the late reply.
yeah I know the other steps. Am grateful.

Also, I noticed I was banned yesterday, I think maybe it's because you forgot to add spaces within the link. The fact that I was banned meant nothing to me but I was really sad that you'll be banned also, seriously. Well, am happy that the ban didn't last long. If I ever need this again I will request through WhatsApp.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dottune(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2020
lilshevy:
really? Well av seen the update though I'm on 11.0.10
Yes, that's why you got it. I'm yet to receive mine
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 11:30am On Nov 06, 2020
I did notice this before I broke the first screen; when ever I receive calls if not for my mi band 4 vibrating, the phone may be vibrating but the screen will be totally off except I press the fingerprint button. Its been there for long and I have no updates.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by melorious4(m): 11:42am On Nov 06, 2020
Gptech:

Normally, getting a mi authorized account should be the only way out of this, but someone claimed he was able to succeed without it on his Mi 9se. You can give this a try, follow the link https://c.mi.com/thread-2224746-1-0.html

Note that it's the recovery rom you have to download not fastboot rom. You can download from here https://xiaomifirmwareupdater.com/miui/curtana/

Thanks a lot bro! I will give it a try! Thanks once again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ChocolateHigh: 11:58am On Nov 06, 2020
Gptech:

Your budget is for the Redmi 9c. You might indeed get it cheaper on Jumia's black Friday if you are lucky to see a good offer.
when exactly is the black Friday,bro??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 12:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
explosiveskull:
I did notice this before I broke the first screen; when ever I receive calls if not for my mi band 4 vibrating, the phone may be vibrating but the screen will be totally off except I press the fingerprint button. Its been there for long and I have no updates.

On mute?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 12:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
ChocolateHigh:
when exactly is the black Friday,bro??
Starts today till month end.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 12:47pm On Nov 06, 2020
JasonSleek:
Who else is noticing a slight screen flickering on black pages like music and xender in dark mode.

More noticeable in dark rooms. Or it's just me?

Seems like a software glitch or something, cause other black screen apps don't flicker.

RN9s
Haven't noticed it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ChocolateHigh: 12:59pm On Nov 06, 2020
Gptech:

Starts today till month end.
wow, you fit order redmi note 9s for me?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 1:54pm On Nov 06, 2020
ChocolateHigh:

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 1:56pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dottune:
So apparently there's a MIUI 12 stable update for Redmi Note 8, but if you are on MIUI 11.0.11.0 you won't be able to see it or manually update it, unless you unlock the bootloader.
They said it is a bug on the 11.0.11.0 update and they're working on it. The wait continues for RN8

This is completely false. There's no bug that allows for updates not to come via OTA. Unlocking bootloader has nothing to do with it.

It's just that Xiaomi rolled out the update to select few. That's why most people couldn't update manually or see the update. Once the update is widely rolled out, people can be able to see and manually update.

The bootloader aspect you mentioned is for those that want to flash a fastboot miui 12 ROM (which RN8 already have) via fastboot. So they require an unlocked bootloader to do that. Doesn't correlate with your theory.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Izanghi(m): 2:07pm On Nov 06, 2020
Please has anyone been able to move to miui 12 on redmi 9?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dottune(m): 2:16pm On Nov 06, 2020
olayinkajnr:

This is completely false. There's no bug that allows for updates not to come via OTA. Unlocking bootloader has nothing to do with it.

It's just that Xiaomi rolled out the update to select few. That's why most people couldn't update manually or see the update. Once the update is widely rolled out, people can be able to see and manually update.

The bootloader aspect you mentioned is for those that want to flash a fastboot miui 12 ROM (which RN8 already have) via fastboot. So they require an unlocked bootloader to do that. Doesn't correlate with your theory.
That is not true, please do not jump into issues without adequately knowing the details. I know when the beta stable was release, the Global stable was released earlier this week.

At least someone also acknowledged here that he got the MIUI 12 update but he was on MIUI 11.0.10.0.

Kindly see below the screenshot of Xiaomi acknowledging the issue.

Also, find a link to Xiaomi's official MI community site with Redmi note 8 MIUI 12 updated listed as Stable ROM. If it was beta, it won't be there or it would have been stated.
https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?device=1900375

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:26pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dottune:
That is not true, please do not jump into issues without adequately knowing the details. I know when the beta stable was release, the Global stable was released earlier this week.

At least someone also acknowledged here that he got the MIUI 12 update but he was on MIUI 11.0.10.0.

Kindly see below the screenshot of Xiaomi acknowledging the issue.

Also, find a link to Xiaomi's official MI community site with Redmi note 8 MIUI 12 updated listed as Stable ROM. If it was beta, it won't be there or it would have been stated.
https://c.mi.com/oc/miuidownload/detail?device=1900375

The screenshot doesn't state that there was a bug with the 11.0.11.0 update.

The issue is from their priority dispatch from their OTA servers, selecting some and leaving others, Mi 9T faced this earlier on when MIUI 12 was released.

If there was a bug with 11.0.11.0 it will be on operation and not on running afterall some on that ROM got the OTA when the stable beta was release.

This issue is plainly a server issue and not a ROM bug.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dottune(m): 2:33pm On Nov 06, 2020
genius43:

The screenshot doesn't state that there was a bug with the 11.0.11.0 update.

The issue is from their priority dispatch from their OTA servers, selecting some and leaving others, Mi 9T faced this earlier on when MIUI 12 was released.

If there was a bug with 11.0.11.0 it will be on operation and not on running afterall some on that ROM got the OTA when the stable beta was release.

This issue is plainly a server issue and not a ROM bug.
Please see another feedback from The MI Global Community feedback team. Do you still believe it is not an 11.0.11.0 problem?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by YouloveEmmanuel: 2:38pm On Nov 06, 2020
Visit telegram channel (jumiadealsonline) for jumia discounts & black Friday awoof
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:44pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dottune:
Please see another feedback from The MI Global Community feedback team. Do you still believe it is not an 11.0.11.0 problem?

It is a server priority issue. It is just like having two different accounts with a bank and one receiving a general message before the other.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 3:00pm On Nov 06, 2020
lilshevy:
really? Well av seen the update though I'm on 11.0.10
Lucky you. I'm on 11.0.11. We never see anything here. So them still dey get bug ontop stable Rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dottune(m): 3:10pm On Nov 06, 2020
genius43:

It is a server priority issue. It is just like having two different accounts with a bank and one receiving a general message before the other.
Okay, but that doesn't explain why it isn't working for manual update.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by happy662(m): 3:14pm On Nov 06, 2020
omoadeleye:
I don't know if anyone has an idea if Xiaomi power bank 20,000mah can fast charge redmi note 9 pro,
Mi Powerbank 3
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by happy662(m): 3:17pm On Nov 06, 2020
gafman222:

It will charge it well. Using this wit my RN8 and it always charge it 3 times (3 cycle from 0-100)
it can't . Redmi note 9 pro is 30w while this power bank is 18w, so it can't fast charge it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:21pm On Nov 06, 2020
Dottune:
Okay, but that doesn't explain why it isn't working for manual update.

Because of the same priority ish. It is a server something, it is a server that will verify your manual update while data is turned on.

Like I said Mi 9T experienced a similar ish with their MIUI 12 update.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
ChocolateHigh:
Naaa, just get from sellers here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:22pm On Nov 06, 2020
happy662:
it can't . Redmi note 9 pro is 30w while this power bank is 18w, so it can't fast charge it.

18W is fast charge QC 3.0.

18W is even perfect for your long term battery health. I don't disturb myself with crazy charge speeds.

But if 30W in Powerbank is what you want you will have to wait till whenever it is out.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Lojekunle: 3:25pm On Nov 06, 2020
Hello good afternoon please I need touch screen for redmi note 4x who can help me get it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 3:28pm On Nov 06, 2020

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sapiosexuality(m): 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
Lojekunle:
Hello good afternoon please I need touch screen for redmi note 4x who can help me get it
Ask Macbeyland or visit the Thread Store.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by absky5(m): 3:34pm On Nov 06, 2020
I need a little help pls. I have about ₦150k to get a new phone and I don't know which good phone with it. Abeg, I'm open to any suggestions. Not necessarily Xiaomi by the way
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ChocolateHigh: 3:37pm On Nov 06, 2020
GrandMufti:

Yes
at how much 4/64
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jones100: 3:46pm On Nov 06, 2020
My Snapchat doesn't rhyme with my lips when making videos. Im complaining on my Gf's behalf. I use a Redmi9
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by festwiz(m): 3:50pm On Nov 06, 2020
Jones100:
My Snapchat doesn't rhyme with my lips when making videos. Im complaining on my Gf's behalf. I use a Redmi9

Send Snapchat a feedback.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:53pm On Nov 06, 2020
absky5:
I need a little help pls. I have about ₦150k to get a new phone and I don't know which good phone with it. Abeg, I'm open to any suggestions. Not necessarily Xiaomi by the way

Your choices are between the Mi Note 10 lite and Samsung A51.

Choose wisely.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (7958) (7959) (7960) (7961) (7962) (7963) (7964) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 11 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.