Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:43 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (7973) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9202306 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7970) (7971) (7972) (7973) (7974) (7975) (7976) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ZhyonKross(m): 7:44pm On Nov 10, 2020
ityP:

shocked
no not at all
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jacobx007: 7:47pm On Nov 10, 2020
Please guys, why am I having "Xiaomi SIM activation error" when ever I switched on my phone?
Any solution to it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zeroenochone(m): 8:03pm On Nov 10, 2020
Jacobx007:
Please guys, why am I having "Xiaomi SIM activation error" when ever I switched on my phone?
Any solution to it?

Brother make no mistake

It's doesn't mean you can't use your phone in peace, it's just a sort of security procedure to enable Xiaomi to track your phone incase it's stolen I think

It can be disabled
You could also activate it by having enough airtime on your phone to send an international message

It'll display the stuff like that but it's not affecting your phone or your user experience in anyway
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jackossky(m): 9:12pm On Nov 10, 2020
ityP:

Buy pixel phone and rest, since the person na camera freak

Hmmm, which would you kindly suggest?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintruky(m): 10:11pm On Nov 10, 2020
Pls I'd like a link for me to download Gcam for note 9s...

Abeg make any guru recommend me a good video n music player for note 9s..

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by weblord1900: 10:16pm On Nov 10, 2020
My Redmi note 7 is now running too slow after upgrade to MUIU 12..i think the update ate all my RAM
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 10:17pm On Nov 10, 2020
weblord1900:
My Redmi note 7 is now running too slow after upgrade to MUIU 12..i think the update ate all my RAM

Or maybe your phone memory is filled up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pharmtasy(m): 10:21pm On Nov 10, 2020
abdsamad:

I am one of them...
And so are you...

kiss
Are you sure?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by softguy1: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
Is it possible to save an Mp3 (audio file) in Google drive and still find it later, even without that same phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by softguy1: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
Is it possible to save an Mp3 (audio file) in Google drive and still find it later, even without that same phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by weblord1900: 10:24pm On Nov 10, 2020
Meister:

Or maybe your phone memory is filled up
No.. I just hard reset my phone recently.. Its was fast before I upgraded to MUIU 12.. I haven't installed any app since the upgrade which was this morning. The slowness is very much noticeable.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:43pm On Nov 10, 2020
saintruky:
Pls I'd like a link for me to download Gcam for note 9s...

Abeg make any guru recommend me a good video n music player for note 9s..

Thanks

Check Redmi Note 9 Pro Photography channel on Telegram
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 11:12pm On Nov 10, 2020
softguy1:

If you save a file online you'll find it there whenever you need it
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2020
weblord1900:

No.. I just hard reset my phone recently.. Its was fast before I upgraded to MUIU 12.. I haven't installed any app since the upgrade which was this morning. The slowness is very much noticeable.
check Apps that are on autostart
and reduce them, also try reducing animations in developer settings... MIUI 12 came with a lot of animations.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jacobx007: 11:19pm On Nov 10, 2020
Zeroenochone:

Brother make no mistake

It's doesn't mean you can't use your phone in peace, it's just a sort of security procedure to enable Xiaomi to track your phone incase it's stolen I think

It can be disabled
You could also activate it by having enough airtime on your phone to send an international message

It'll display the stuff like that but it's not affecting your phone or your user experience in anyway
Thank you
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saintruky(m): 11:22pm On Nov 10, 2020
genius43:

Check Redmi Note 9 Pro Photography channel on Telegram

Aiit thx
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kessnorman: 12:21am On Nov 11, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by TossTos: 2:14am On Nov 11, 2020
Please I Need an affordable Xiaomi phone of about 25k
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:18am On Nov 11, 2020
TossTos:
Please I Need an affordable Xiaomi phone of about 25k
That'd be used unit. Check Xiaomi Thread Storefor possible offers.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by swifthappy(m): 5:32am On Nov 11, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nellsworld(m): 5:53am On Nov 11, 2020
Jackossky:

You can get pixel 3xl or 3axl for that amount on offerup thread

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 6:39am On Nov 11, 2020
Jackossky:

Pixel 3 no bad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by worriedguy(m): 8:10am On Nov 11, 2020
good morning house, pls how do I upload pictures to my MI cloud? phone is redmi 8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dannybanky10(m): 8:13am On Nov 11, 2020
Good Morning Fam, I need an advise I was charging my phone yesterday unaware that there was high current not until I heard a pop sound in my charger, I quickly removed it and didn't bother to charge again so this morning I went to work and tried out the charger it was charging on and off (charge stop, charge stop) I looked and saw there was some water like substance inside it (I guess it was after it blew up the day before) I blew it and kept it in the fan to dry afterwards i tested and it's working fine along with its fast charge
My question now is should i continue using it or ditch it and get another, is there any harm or damage it will do to my phone?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:17am On Nov 11, 2020
Dannybanky10:
Good Morning Fam, I need an advise I was charging my phone yesterday unaware that there was high current not until I heard a pop sound in my charger, I quickly removed it and didn't bother to charge again so his morning I went to work and tried out the charger it was charging on and off after. I looked and saw there was some water like substance inside it (I guess it was after it blew up the day before) I blew it and kept it in the fan to dry afterwards it tested and it's working fine along with its fast charge
My question now is should i continue using it or ditch it and get another, is there any harm or damage it will do yo my phone?

Get a new charger ASAP

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by bennyflipy(m): 8:36am On Nov 11, 2020
good morning fam, how can I shop on this 11:11 Biko the prices are still the same.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 8:37am On Nov 11, 2020
Dannybanky10:
Good Morning Fam, I need an advise I was charging my phone yesterday unaware that there was high current not until I heard a pop sound in my charger, I quickly removed it and didn't bother to charge again so this morning I went to work and tried out the charger it was charging on and off (charge stop, charge stop) I looked and saw there was some water like substance inside it (I guess it was after it blew up the day before) I blew it and kept it in the fan to dry afterwards i tested and it's working fine along with its fast charge
My question now is should i continue using it or ditch it and get another, is there any harm or damage it will do to my phone?

It will harmage your phone o grin

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark23(m): 8:39am On Nov 11, 2020
I got the Redmi Note 9S yesterday and I'm currently experiencing a very frustrating bug.
A message saying "find device has unexpectedly closed" will flash across my the bottom of screen and then the phone will reboot itself. When I unlock it again, the message will appear again and the phone will reboot itself making the phone unusable.

When it happened the first time I didn't know what triggered it but I did a factory reset on the phone and updated the os to miui 12.
I was able to use the phone for hours without any problems but this morning when I opened the Security App it happened again. And I had to do another hard reset losing all my data in the process once again.

I've reported the issue but I don't know whether they'll address it. I looked online and I saw that some other xiaomi phone users have been experiencing this as well.

Has anyone here experienced this too?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dannybanky10(m): 8:40am On Nov 11, 2020
Do I need to change the cord as well?
genius43:

Get a new charger ASAP
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Dannybanky10(m): 8:40am On Nov 11, 2020
cheesy grin grin
Jemerson:

It will harmage your phone o grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7970) (7971) (7972) (7973) (7974) (7975) (7976) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.