Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,553 members, 7,837,120 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8029) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9363349 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8026) (8027) (8028) (8029) (8030) (8031) (8032) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 9:52pm On Nov 29, 2020
edoairways:

How did you get this?
Was posted here a few days back..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nickshrapnel: 10:20pm On Nov 29, 2020
Genius43 Hello, a recently bought Redmi 9c keeps restarting itself while displaying the message find device whatever crashed
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Folahanmi19(m): 10:21pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nellsworld:

I used zenith mastercard to purchase mine some few days ago

I used that e no work...i used kuda too...same
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 10:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Hello, a recently bought Redmi 9c keeps restarting itself while displaying the message find device whatever crashed

Check if you have an update. If you do, update it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Brownpeanut(f): 10:30pm On Nov 29, 2020
I have a question. Are Xiaomi devices good as people claim they are? I would love to get one with good camera. Can anyone suggest?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nickshrapnel: 10:35pm On Nov 29, 2020
Buzx:

Check if you have an update. If you do, update it.
I’m not able to update it as the phone keeps restarting every 5 seconds
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Brownpeanut(f): 10:40pm On Nov 29, 2020
Brownpeanut:
I have a question. Are Xiaomi devices as good as people claim they are? I would love to get one with good camera. Can anyone suggest?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I’m not able to update it as the phone keeps restarting every 5 seconds

Okay. This time when it boots up, hold the power button until it restarts by itself. If it doesn't work, do a factory reset.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:43pm On Nov 29, 2020
enigma0:

I don't really like this Google dialer ooo...no option to edit contact's name

You can edit contact name
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:45pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
Genius.43 Hello, a recently bought Redmi 9c keeps restarting itself while displaying the message find device whatever crashed

If you have been following the thread I have said if you encounter the Find device stuff. Disable find my device.

You can also do a factory reset.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nickshrapnel: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
genius43:

If you have been following the thread I have said if you encounter the Find device stuff. Disable find my device.

You can also do a factory reset.
I don’t follow this thread and I’ve disabled find device already, how do I go about doing the factory reset. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nickshrapnel: 10:46pm On Nov 29, 2020
Buzx:

Okay. This time when it boots up, hold the power button until it restarts by itself. If it doesn't work, do a factory reset.
I’d try that now, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:51pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
I don’t follow this thread and I’ve disabled find device already, how do I go about doing the factory reset. Thanks

First turn off your Xiaomi Redmi 9C completely. If you can not unlock the screen, press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds and the phone will turn off.

2- Keep holding on volume down and power keys together for a few seconds in your Xiaomi Xiaomi Redmi 9C. In some devices according to the Android version the combination can be the power key and the volume key up.

3- When the Xiaomi logo is displayed, release the buttons.

4- Move through the menu with the volume up and volume down keys until you reach the "Recovery Mode" option and press the power button to access.
If the device menu appears in Chinese characters, click here to see how to

5- Use the volume up and volume down keys to select the "wipe cache partition" option and press the Power button to activate the option and clear the mobile cache.

6- After a few seconds you will return to the previous screen, with the volume buttons go to the option "wipe data / factory reset" and press the power button to enter. A screen with many NOs and a YES will appear, with the volume keys again go to the YES and press with the power key.

7- After finishing again with the volume keys, click on "reboot system now" and press the power key of your Xiaomi Redmi 9C, the device will reboot and take several minutes to start while restoring the device to its factory state and optimizing the applications pre-installed in the system Android 10, MIUI 12.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nickshrapnel: 10:56pm On Nov 29, 2020
genius43:

First turn off your Xiaomi Redmi 9C completely. If you can not unlock the screen, press and hold the power button for about 20 seconds and the phone will turn off.

2- Keep holding on volume down and power keys together for a few seconds in your Xiaomi Xiaomi Redmi 9C. In some devices according to the Android version the combination can be the power key and the volume key up.

3- When the Xiaomi logo is displayed, released
This is what is being displayed.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:11pm On Nov 29, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
This is what it’s being displayed.

Which volume button did you use?

Volume up is what you should use.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nickshrapnel: 11:27pm On Nov 29, 2020
genius43:

Which volume button did you use?

Volume up is what you should use.
The reset has been made successfully, what should I disable next to stop this from happening again.

Thanks for your time
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by loverbo1(m): 12:53am On Nov 30, 2020
Did u buy it urself or someone got it for u, its like there is redmi 9 with 6gb ram and 128gb rom that am seeing on AE.
is there anyone that gets the phone for others here cos am new to this trend, am coming from umidigi to redmi

enigma0:

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:55am On Nov 30, 2020
Nickshrapnel:
The reset has been made successfully, what should I disable next to stop this from happening again.

Thanks for your time

Find my device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by loverbo1(m): 1:04am On Nov 30, 2020
hello am new to this trend ,is there a way i can get redmi 9 with 6gb ram
genius43:

Find my device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:07am On Nov 30, 2020
loverbo1:
hello am new to this trend ,is there a way i can get redmi 9 with 6gb ram

Not for the Global market. Except Chinese variant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by loverbo1(m): 1:15am On Nov 30, 2020
Even thou it was written global rom of a thing??
genius43:

Not for the Global market. Except Chinese variant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:51am On Nov 30, 2020
loverbo1:
When you see global ROM, it's a Chinese version with Global ROM installed. What you should look out for is Global Version.

See Xiaomi Compilation Threadfpr more details on Chinese/Global Version/ROM.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:05am On Nov 30, 2020
loverbo1:

That is Chinese version with Global ROM installed. Mind you it lacks some LTE Bands we use in Nigeria.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:07am On Nov 30, 2020
Brownpeanut:
I have a question. Are Xiaomi devices good as people claim they are? I would love to get one with good camera. Can anyone suggest?

When you ask this kind of questions do well to included your budget.

We have Xiaomi devices of over 400k.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfabest07(m): 5:10am On Nov 30, 2020
Prince202020:

Check this link,
The trick here is to change your billing in Google to a US billing account.

https:// www. lemmymorgan .com/solve-nigeria-play-store-payment-method/

Remove space from the link.
this method still no work.. Shey Alat online bank by Wema get virtual card, make i see if e go work
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by loverbo1(m): 6:48am On Nov 30, 2020
Thanks for the enlightenment

jboixxx:
When you see global ROM, it's a Chinese version with Global ROM installed. What you should look out for is Global Version.

See Xiaomi Compilation Threadfpr more details on Chinese/Global Version/ROM.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by loverbo1(m): 6:49am On Nov 30, 2020
Thanks.
So who can help me get the phone??

genius43:

That is Chinese version with Global ROM installed. Mind you it lacks some LTE Bands we use in Nigeria.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:53am On Nov 30, 2020
loverbo1:
Thanks.
So who can help me get the phone??

I don't know
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kakamorufu(m): 8:05am On Nov 30, 2020
stephinnoyewole:

Uwc broh
The thing no work tho.. all the apps are still running on default fonts.

The font is only effective on the home screen
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drLammy(m): 8:25am On Nov 30, 2020
Please is there any redmi seller in Abuja
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:33am On Nov 30, 2020
drLammy:
Please is there any redmi seller in Abuja

Xiaomi phones are in Abuja both from official and unofficial retailers.

Pointek, Slot, and some stores in Banex

(1) (2) (3) ... (8026) (8027) (8028) (8029) (8030) (8031) (8032) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: NeoWanZaeed(m), Prechy2836(m) and 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.