Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,471 members, 7,830,370 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 08:31 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8053) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9302403 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8050) (8051) (8052) (8053) (8054) (8055) (8056) ... (9323) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by MarkTimmy(m): 6:24am On Dec 07, 2020
genius43:

For which version?
Miui 12 Global version
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 7:09am On Dec 07, 2020
Youngsage:
Hello everyone,

Not sure this is the right thread to post this but I believe I can get help here.

I've been trying to play an MP4 video on my phone to no avail. I keep getting "Support for this video codec is missing from your device" on MX player. VLC is not working too.

How do I resolve this please? Will appreciate your inputs

First of all, are you absolutely sure the video file is not damaged or broken in any way?

Second, does it play on the source device? (Laptop, friend's phone etc)

how large is it? Some videos as large as gigabytes may have problems playing on android

But really, I suspect the video is somehow damaged. Try download custom codecs from mx player setting if you're sure the video is not damaged.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 7:10am On Dec 07, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 7:24am On Dec 07, 2020
GrandMufti:

Try third-party apps. If it doesn't work then you'll need to root your phone

I'm yet to see any third party app that is as good as the miui call recorder. They all have issues! (any good one you'd recommend)?

Another thing is that I don't even know where the Google call recorder saves the recorded calls...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by enigma0: 7:47am On Dec 07, 2020
I got an update on my Redmi note 9 but I couldn't get it downloaded via OTA, anyone who can help get a link to download manually and install pls

Genius43

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:52am On Dec 07, 2020
MarkTimmy:

Miui 12 Global version

Wait for public release
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by winnex007(m): 8:34am On Dec 07, 2020
Anybody with used clean Note 7 Pro for sell.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gooci(m): 9:22am On Dec 07, 2020
freeAgent99:

I'm yet to see any third party app that is as good as the miui call recorder. They all have issues! (any good one you'd recommend)?

Another thing is that I don't even know where the Google call recorder saves the recorded calls...

I had issue like this, i dont know where the call records save on my phone, but now i downloaded CUBE ACR. So far, so good. It records fine with caller's name
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pheranme9(m): 9:27am On Dec 07, 2020
How are you using Samsung one ui on your phone please? I'm also using Redmi note 9
enigma0:
I got an update on my Redmi note 9 but I couldn't get it downloaded via OTA, anyone who can help get a link to download manually and install pls
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 9:27am On Dec 07, 2020
winnex007:
Anybody with used clean Note 7 Pro for sell.

Contact ozoigbondu
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 9:28am On Dec 07, 2020
Yomiogunmefun:
Good morning. Please where can I get replacement screen for Redmi Note 9s in Lagos?

Contact phoneparts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 9:29am On Dec 07, 2020
Jason0147:
please who knows wia i can get redmi 7 replacement battery in Port Harcourt. I think my battery don spoil. dropping every minute.

Macbeyland is in PH
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by NellaObi: 9:46am On Dec 07, 2020
Joshkid:
Josh Olusesi
bro am trying to add ur name.. its not popping up
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by surely22: 9:52am On Dec 07, 2020
pheranme9:
How are you using Samsung one ui on your phone please? I'm also using Redmi note 9

Wahala be like bicycle...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pheranme9(m): 9:56am On Dec 07, 2020
Lol
surely22:

Wahala be like bicycle...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:01am On Dec 07, 2020
NellaObi:
bro am trying to add ur name.. its not popping up
give us the link to the group let's join na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:22am On Dec 07, 2020
I am seeing vidoes on how to install mi dialer, contacts, and message on Redmi Note 9s.
It requires flashing another region rom.

Hopefully, this will help.

What do you think, Genius43?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:26am On Dec 07, 2020
Mustiboy:
I am seeing vidoes on how to install mi dialer, contacts, and message on Redmi Note 9s.
It requires flashing another region rom.

Hopefully, this will help.

What do you think, Genius.43?

Safe journey

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 11:30am On Dec 07, 2020
genius43:

Safe journey

grin cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peterveo(m): 11:52am On Dec 07, 2020
Hi guys please help me troubleshoot. My redmi note 7 is showing -rebooth to mi help, reboot to system and wipe data. Trying to reboot but phone not coming up. What can I do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eddiense: 12:16pm On Dec 07, 2020
Meister:

Contact ozoigbondu
He is your guy @winnex007
cc Ozoigbondu
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 12:18pm On Dec 07, 2020
eddiense:

He is your guy
cc Ozoigbondu

He's a she, I don't know anyone else

You can send her a PM too
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:47pm On Dec 07, 2020
peterveo:
Hi guys please help me troubleshoot. My redmi note 7 is showing -rebooth to mi help, reboot to system and wipe data. Trying to reboot but phone not coming up. What can I do?

When it is showing the mi logo hold the power button for 15 seconds.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olanreyman(m): 1:02pm On Dec 07, 2020
Deeni131:
Done via twrp
Nice one. They kuku refused to release it via OTA.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by careytommy37(m): 1:03pm On Dec 07, 2020
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by careytommy37(m): 1:05pm On Dec 07, 2020
genius43:

It isn't

Can screen guard affect the video quality?
It is more pronounced when I'm watching things online like YouTube although I also notice it when I watching clips from my phone memory
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Youngsage: 1:28pm On Dec 07, 2020
Kennyflyair:

First of all, are you absolutely sure the video file is not damaged or broken in any way?

Second, does it play on the source device? (Laptop, friend's phone etc)

how large is it? Some videos as large as gigabytes may have problems playing on android

But really, I suspect the video is somehow damaged. Try download custom codecs from mx player setting if you're sure the video is not damaged.
So sorry I'm just seeing your mention.

To answer your questions:

1. The video file isn't broken in any way. I downloaded it alongside several others from the same source but only this particular one refuses to play.

2. I haven't tried it on any other device yet.

3. Just about 300MB.

How do I know which custom codec to download and where can I download?

Thanks so much for your response
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:24pm On Dec 07, 2020
careytommy37:

Can screen guard affect the video quality?
It is more pronounced when I'm watching things online like YouTube although I also notice it when I watching clips from my phone memory

It depends on the quality of videos you are downloading.

You don't download 240p-360p videos and expect great viewing experience on a 1080p display.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kennyflyair: 3:41pm On Dec 07, 2020
Youngsage:

So sorry I'm just seeing your mention.

To answer your questions:

1. The video file isn't broken in any way. I downloaded it alongside several others from the same source but only this particular one refuses to play.

2. I haven't tried it on any other device yet.

3. Just about 300MB.

How do I know which custom codec to download and where can I download?

Thanks so much for your response

I may be wrong but I think the file uploaded to site was probably corrupted. You can try to download the same video from another site if you have data to spare
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GrandMufti: 3:44pm On Dec 07, 2020
freeAgent99:

I'm rooted so.....
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UPDATED2020: 4:23pm On Dec 07, 2020
I have this sandisk otg USB 3.0 that I use with one of my infinix ,what adapter can I buy to use with redmi note 9pro since it uses type c port.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 4:26pm On Dec 07, 2020
UPDATED2020:
I have this sandisk otg USB 3.0 that I use with one of my infinix ,what adapter can I buy to use with redmi note 9pro since it uses type c port.

Get an type C OTG dongle and use the Type A part with it.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8050) (8051) (8052) (8053) (8054) (8055) (8056) ... (9323) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.