Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,247 members, 7,836,175 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 10:00 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8076) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9357606 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8073) (8074) (8075) (8076) (8077) (8078) (8079) ... (9324) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture(m): 5:49am On Dec 16, 2020
Hello, does this 'Battery Saver' thing Actually make any difference?
I personally have not noticed any Considerably increase in Battery life when turned on or when turned off.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 6:34am On Dec 16, 2020
GreaterFuture:
I personally have not noticed any Considerably increase in Battery life when turned on or when turned off.
Xiaomi didn't do a good job with MIUI's battery saver, but it's Kinda efficient when your battery is below 20%... you should consider making your battery percentage visible for better analysis.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by celebstine: 7:14am On Dec 16, 2020
genius43:

You hard restarted by holding power button for 15 seconds?

And did you update the phone?
Yes i did
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 7:15am On Dec 16, 2020
GreaterFuture:

When you turn on battery saver, it restricts background data. Your screen sleep time reduces, sync is turned off, and services with high power consumption are turned off. You might not notice, but if you turn on battery saver when you really need it, you will see that it works. Even if you don't turn on battery saver and you go on and manually turn off those stuff that battery saver does, I think it's the same effect. I'm not one of those people who believes turning on battery saver by 50% or 60% results in more battery drain; no prove. Just turn on battery saver when you need it.

5 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:55am On Dec 16, 2020
primestreams:
Enjoying this device like mad

Remove your phone from battery saver, at this stage it is just draining more battery
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:56am On Dec 16, 2020
sajmark:

Xiaomi didn't do a good job with MIUI's battery saver, but it's Kinda efficient when your battery is below 20%... you should consider making your battery percentage visible for better analysis.

That is when it is needed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:57am On Dec 16, 2020
GreaterFuture:

Use battery saver only from 20% that is when you actually see it's functionality, anything before then is just more power consumption.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by primestreams: 7:58am On Dec 16, 2020
genius43:

Remove your phone from battery saver, at this stage it is just draining more battery
Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:18am On Dec 16, 2020
and Umidigi VC, Lexusgs430 is here to evaluate the situation.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Amenboss: 8:47am On Dec 16, 2020
Pls do anyone has something like this for sale. This is my whatsapp number please send me a message it's urgent I want to buy I need game pad for phones too incase you sell

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nigol: 8:51am On Dec 16, 2020
Good day all.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by arleck(m): 8:56am On Dec 16, 2020
Jemerson:

Cash-app
You am dey cashout na
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by peteregwu(m): 10:06am On Dec 16, 2020
Amenboss:
Pls do anyone has something like this for sale. This is my whatsapp number please send me a message it's urgent I want to buy I need game pad for phones too incase you sell

I ordered this stuff from chinko country few weeks back and am yet to receive it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by GreaterFuture(m): 10:13am On Dec 16, 2020
Buzx:

When you turn on battery saver, it restricts background data. Your screen sleep time reduces, sync is turned off, and services with high power consumption are turned off. You might not notice, but if you turn on battery saver when you really need it, you will see that it works. Even if you don't turn on battery saver and you go on and manually turn off those stuff that battery saver does, I think it's the same effect. I'm not one of those people who believes turning on battery saver by 50% or 60% results in more battery drain; no prove. Just turn on battery saver when you need it.
Yh I already do all those things. I think you may be right about the Battery Consumption higher when on at 50, 60%.
Will use it at below 20% just as others who quoted have suggested.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Benjax(m): 10:19am On Dec 16, 2020
I got Redmi 9 on Tuesday, last week at Dinobel in Awka (72k), when my Tecno started to hang and do lots of rubbish.

I'm really enjoying the phone. Good network. Battery is nice. Fast charging.

What I noticed:

*The camera isn't that fantastic, as compared to infinix.

*At 90% and above, battery takes too long to charge.

*There's no light indicator to show when battery is charging, both when the phone is switched on or switched off. I now worry should the charger be defective or mistakenly pull off, how am I supposed to know that my phone has stopped charging....

*It doesn't allow for call recording.

*The touch light isn't as bright as my Tecno's.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:37am On Dec 16, 2020
Benjax:
I got Redmi 9 on Tuesday, last week at Dinobel in Awka (72k), when my Tecno started to hang and do lots of rubbish.

I'm really enjoying the phone. Good network. Battery is nice. Fast charging.

What I noticed:

*The camera isn't that fantastic, as compared to infinix.

*At 90% and above, battery takes too long to charge.

*There's no light indicator to show when battery is charging, both when the phone is switched on or switched off. I now worry should the charger be defective or mistakenly pull off, how am I supposed to know that my phone has stopped charging....

*It doesn't allow for call recording.

*The touch light isn't as bright as my Tecno's.

You are used to less details and over exposed images

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by henrygold100: 10:48am On Dec 16, 2020
fibonacci2526:

Have you done what genius43 told you to do?
he said I should do a wipe. don't know how. asked him but have never gotten a reply. there is a time when three options will come up. reboot, wipe data and connect mi computer..... something like that . will all my data be lost??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by buchito1(m): 11:11am On Dec 16, 2020
celebstine:
Hello everyone am currently using the redmi note 9s for the past 3 days i cant make calls without the loudspeaker even after doing a hard restart about 4 times what could be wrong.Your opinion would be greatly appreciated
My sister too experienced this shit too on her Note 9s

After everything I tried, nothing worked. Na after like 2 weeks, the thing restore to default on its own.

Just use am like that. E go still come back to it's senses. It's a normal thing to almost all N9s devices...
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Sektion: 11:14am On Dec 16, 2020
Hello, please is there any xiaomi care centre in ilorin, kwara state? I'm one of the few users facing camera dust issue on their note 9 pro. Also, I'm currently using a TPU case it doesn't totally eradicate the dust issue it just slows it down.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 11:51am On Dec 16, 2020
GreaterFuture:

Yh I already do all those things. I think you may be right about the Battery Consumption higher when on at 50, 60%.
Will use it at below 20% just as others who quoted have suggested.

If you read what I wrote well, you'll see that I was in support of using power saver even at 50%, 60%. I do that. I don't experience any drain, and it saves me some juice.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BoboKush(m): 12:00pm On Dec 16, 2020
Who has redmi note 7 power button and volume for sale?

Cc genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SmartM(m): 12:08pm On Dec 16, 2020
Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 12:14pm On Dec 16, 2020
henrygold100:
he said I should do a wipe. don't know how. asked him but have never gotten a reply. there is a time when three options will come up. reboot, wipe data and connect mi computer..... something like that . will all my data be lost??

Do that wipe data bro, all your data will be lost
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:49pm On Dec 16, 2020
SmartM:
New

No Ads here take it to the right section. Edit your posts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 1:03pm On Dec 16, 2020
Xiaomi really fall Redmi Note 8 hand o.... Where is the Android 10 and MIUI 12 update
Quite disappointing tbh.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:33pm On Dec 16, 2020
Alfred234:
Xiaomi really fall Redmi Note 8 hand o.... Where is the Android 10 and MIUI 12 update
Quite disappointing tbh.

What do you want us to do now?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 1:46pm On Dec 16, 2020
genius43:

What do you want us to do now?
I'm simply expressing my dissatisfaction or am i not allowed to do so?

7 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2020
Alfred234:
Quite disappointing tbh.

Some persons are already on miui 12
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2020
Jemerson:

Some persons are already on miui 12
Yeah i think Chinese ROM and India ROM users.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 2:39pm On Dec 16, 2020
Alfred234:

Yeah i think Chinese ROM and India ROM users.

Global rom sef
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UncutSk(m): 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2020
mrcrabs:
Good morning guys I know this is a xiaomi thread but I need a little help with my sis phone.

She just got a Samsung A30s phone she said the battery drains a bit fast from the indicator but the phone hasn't gone off due to constant light.

I posted a pic of battery usage can anyone tell me if this is an health battery usage or she got a defective unit.

Thanks and happy Sunday all
you have a Samsung and You're using light mode
cringe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Friedyokes: 2:48pm On Dec 16, 2020
Alfred234:

I'm simply expressing my dissatisfaction or am i not allowed to do so?
You are allowed to bro, thats just one persons opinion

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (8073) (8074) (8075) (8076) (8077) (8078) (8079) ... (9324) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 4 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.