Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,042 members, 7,818,087 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:26 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8093) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9204609 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8090) (8091) (8092) (8093) (8094) (8095) (8096) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 5:18pm On Dec 22, 2020
How good
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 6:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
Mehn, this battery, nah, Xiaomi is on a totally different level. Under minutes, the phone is full(not from 0 tho) and then using it (game+chat+the usual), drops very very slow. I was on injustice 2 for two hours and only 15% was gone(not a tasking game sha but still).
P.S: this is my first Xiaomi experience hence my excitementgrin

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 7:13pm On Dec 22, 2020
SAMBHOSS:
Mehn, this battery, nah, Xiaomi is on a totally different level. Under minutes, the phone is full(not from 0 tho) and then using it (game+chat+the usual), drops very very slow. I was on injustice 2 for two hours and only 15% was gone(not a tasking game sha but still).

That was when I was on miui 11. But now on miui 12 the story is quite different
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 7:22pm On Dec 22, 2020
WHITELIGHTER:

Thanks
you've got the RN8??
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 7:35pm On Dec 22, 2020
Deeni131:

Well, I haven't updated, and tbh it's due to some "complaints" I've seen here. This miui 11 is serving me well so....might update later

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UPDATED2020: 7:37pm On Dec 22, 2020
Deeni131:

which fone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by WHITELIGHTER: 7:40pm On Dec 22, 2020
Gemineye:
you've got the RN8??

Yes, cleanly used
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 8:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
Alfred234:
Note 8 and Note 9s/Note 9 pro users please is anyone facing Black Screen issue on the new COMD update sad
this is really becoming annoying! Even more frequent after the Christmas update! What's going on abeg!?

#RN9S
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 8:24pm On Dec 22, 2020
UPDATED2020:
which fone

Rn8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
Deeni131:

Rn8

My bro uses the same phone and is on Miui 12, he says there's no noticeable difference in battery performance so all these complains dey confuse me some times
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 8:44pm On Dec 22, 2020
Big thanks to @ genius43 and Meister. As you said I didn't plug the cord properly. It's working perfectly now and super fast as I expected. grin Thanks man.

Before and after pic of the charger. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:46pm On Dec 22, 2020
IngeniousLeez:
Big thanks to @ genius.43 and Meis.ter. As you said I didn't plug the cord properly. It's working perfectly now and super fast as I expected. grin Thanks man.

Before and after pic of the charger. cheesy

I told you.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:47pm On Dec 22, 2020
Meister:

My bro uses the same phone and is on Miui 12, he says there's no noticeable difference in battery performance so all these complains dey confuse me some times

People forget other factors easily and are quick to heap the blame on ROM.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 8:54pm On Dec 22, 2020
SAMBHOSS:

Lol, bro I dey feel you too.... Same experience I'm getting here. The battery na DIE. I don't bother about NEPA these days...

But funny thing be say na this night I start to dey enjoy fast charge as I no jazz up plug charger well. grin

But Injustice 2 no be small game sha oo, just that SD720G will handle it without problems.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by UPDATED2020: 8:56pm On Dec 22, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

Lol, bro I dey feel you too.... Same experience I'm getting here. The battery na DIE. I don't bother about NEPA these days...

But funny thing be say na this night I start to dey enjoy fast charge as I no jazz up plug charger well. grin

But Injustice 2 no be small game sha oo, just that SD720G will handle it without problems.
are you on miu12
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 8:59pm On Dec 22, 2020
Deeni131:

I didn't notice any noticeable change in battery performance between MIUI 12 &11. They're the same.

I used MIUI 11 for a week before updating this past weekend due to some problems with Airtel network. Couldn't hear a single sound on the other end but peeps was hearing me perfectly. I had to restart the phone to rectify it until I did a full update when it continued on a specific number.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 9:01pm On Dec 22, 2020
UPDATED2020:
are you on miu12
Yea, just updated this past Saturday.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2020
SAMBHOSS:

Well, I haven't updated, and tbh it's due to some "complaints" I've seen here. This miui 11 is serving me well so....might update later

Lol, same reservations I had. MIUI 11 is almost perfect I didn't feel the need to update. I used it for a week. E too sweet. The UI no be Transsion mate at all. grin

Na yeye Airtel network force me to update to MIUI 12 this past weekend. And some Opera bugs. MIUI 12 is also great too.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 9:06pm On Dec 22, 2020
Just joined Xiaomi today.
na just Redmi 9A sha, but it's the one I can afford ATM

Hopefully by this time next year we'll be buying Mi11 pro grin

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 9:09pm On Dec 22, 2020
genius43:

People forget other factors easily and are quick to heap the blame on ROM.

True, there are various other factors that people overlook and are always quick to blame the innocent ROMs

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
CreepyBlackpool:

This your font no get joy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mark23(m): 9:12pm On Dec 22, 2020
Normally, on WhatsApp when you select a text you will see the options to highlight, strike through, use bold font etc.
But thanks to the default miui text selection feature, those options aren't available.

And it's not just on WhatsApp. I can't access the unique features other apps would show when you select a text. I'm stuck with this miui version instead.

Is there a way to turn it off?

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CraigMorrison: 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
OllyFair:
Search Hong Kong Goldway...

Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 9:14pm On Dec 22, 2020
Meister:

Na so I like am for now.
will sha get bored of it by weekend.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 9:46pm On Dec 22, 2020
Meister:

Where na dey get these fonts sef... I don find am taya I no see...e no dey my theme app. cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

Where na dey get these fonts sef... I don find am taya I no see...e no dey my theme app. cry

They are there just search fonts or Aafont or Moby Fonts or free or the name of the font.

If you follow the thread you should know.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by losdiose(m): 9:49pm On Dec 22, 2020
genius43:

Life is still rosy for you

Thanks boss
Na now I dey return to NL since

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:50pm On Dec 22, 2020
losdiose:

Thanks boss
Na now I dey return to NL since

Hehehehe
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 9:51pm On Dec 22, 2020
CreepyBlackpool:

Welcome to the family. grin

How much you bought yours...I got a friend who's also planning on buying Redmi 9a...I've forgotten difference from 9c( I sha know it's between space and processor– G35 Vs G25).
The day I bought mine 2 weeks ago price was 50,500k. You know Nigeria money no get value with depreciation everyday.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Alfred234(m): 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
JasonSleek:
this is really becoming annoying! Even more frequent after the Christmas update! What's going on abeg!?

#RN9S
I don't know what's happening but many Redmi and Mi devices are affected.
It's probably from the game, hopefully they'll fix it soon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by IngeniousLeez: 9:53pm On Dec 22, 2020
genius43:

They are there just search fonts or Aafont or Moby Fonts or free or the name of the font.

If you follow the thread you should know.

Thanks found it. I follow the thread albeit disjointedly. I just came online after 2 months.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by CreepyBlackpool: 10:10pm On Dec 22, 2020
IngeniousLeez:

Welcome to the family. grin

How much you bought yours...I got a friend who's also planning on buying Redmi 9a...I've forgotten difference from 9c( I sha know it's between space and processor– G35 Vs G25).
The day I bought mine 2 weeks ago price was 50,500k. You know Nigeria money no get value with depreciation everyday.
9A is G25 while 9C is G35
There's couple other differences sha.
Bought mine 43k today at fine Brothers

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (8090) (8091) (8092) (8093) (8094) (8095) (8096) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 9 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.