Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,353 members, 7,829,886 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:13 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8098) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9298668 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8095) (8096) (8097) (8098) (8099) (8100) (8101) ... (9322) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jideprof: 2:50pm On Dec 24, 2020
Good afternoon my Redmi 9 pro fam, please I'm still having this call of duty black screen issue when playing battle royale. Is there anyone experiencing the same on the latest update of the game or probably has a suggestion to fix this? Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 3:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
jideprof:
Good afternoon my Redmi 9 pro fam, please I'm still having this call of duty black screen issue when playing battle royale. Is there anyone experiencing the same on the latest update of the game or probably has a suggestion to fix this? Thanks
try checking YouTube.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jideprof: 3:31pm On Dec 24, 2020
sajmark:

try checking YouTube.

I checked out videos earlier and tried but it's still the same but I'll try to refine my search with Redmi 9s maybe I'll find something else. Thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 3:37pm On Dec 24, 2020
jideprof:

I checked out videos earlier and tried but it's still the same but I'll try to refine my search with Redmi Note 9s maybe I'll find something else. Thanks

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by freeAgent99(m): 4:58pm On Dec 24, 2020
Ayomikun2820:

do you also have redmi 5plus screen, battery and back casing available? pls drop their respective prices if you do, thanks

He he he... It seems like you have no intention of parting with dis ya Redmi 5 Plus.
grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by eby001(m): 5:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
olayinkajnr:
I think this android 10 update for Redmi 7 actually brought lots of improvement especially in battery. For a 1 year 6 months old phone, this is good.
Again! You're now on global ROM. You're doing well.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by olayinkajnr(m): 6:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
eby001:

Again! You're now on global ROM. You're doing well.

I was on global for close to 4-5 months now. So, there's no again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 7:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
[quote author=IngeniousLeez post=97335160]

I didn't notice any noticeable change in battery performance between MIUI 12 &11. They're the same.

Actually miui 12.0.1.0 drain battery fast, no doubt but now I'm on miui 12.0.2.0, it's OK.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Muhammedbashir(m): 7:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
Buzx:

Sorry about that. I hope you have locked it?
Sorry, pls what do you mean by locking?

Do you mean screen lock
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 7:57pm On Dec 24, 2020
Anyone using the Redmi note 9?
What's the experience like? undecided
I'm about to get the device
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 8:00pm On Dec 24, 2020
[quote author=Deeni131 post=97396058][/quote]

Was there an OTA pop up for 12.0.2.0 or you manually updated full rom from 12.0.1.0? #RN8
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 8:15pm On Dec 24, 2020
Gemineye:
Buy and enjoy your phone. 2 of my colleagues dé use am.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Trex4(m): 8:48pm On Dec 24, 2020
jideprof:
The black screen issue is from call of duty itself.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 8:51pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thykingdomcom:

Was there an OTA pop up for 12.0.2.0 or you manually updated full rom from 12.0.1.0? #RN8

OTA was sent to me but I'm rooted so i flashed it using twrp.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stackheap(m): 9:11pm On Dec 24, 2020
Thank you. Currently rocking it with the silicon casing that came with it.

UPDATED2020:
not just anyhow pouch oo, this redmi camera wey shoot out like erected penîs wink,I couldn't the risk by using the follow come silicon casing,I purchased nillkin hard casing with camera cover from the humble millionaire jboixxx grin grin,I buy fone 97k camera the glass go come crack withing 72hours of launching it? Lai Lai oo,and I also purchased otg dongle and a usb type c
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obedinho130: 9:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
Gemineye:
add money and get 9s 4gb ram.
but if u must get the note 9, mek sure you are getting the 4gb/128gb variant
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Buzx: 9:12pm On Dec 24, 2020
Muhammedbashir:

Sorry, pls what do you mean by locking?

Do you mean screen lock

Remote lock through Mi cloud. And that's if "find my device" is activated.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by stackheap(m): 9:13pm On Dec 24, 2020
Redmi note 9s users, is it adviceable to update my miui to 12? Seen too many big complaint here.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Thykingdomcom: 9:14pm On Dec 24, 2020
Deeni131:

OTA was sent to me but I'm rooted so i flashed it using twrp.

Thanks for this info.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:16pm On Dec 24, 2020
stackheap:
Redmi note 9s users, is it adviceable to update my miui to 12? Seen too many big complaint here.
If I were you, I no go update till I upgrade the phone to Mi 10 Ultra.

Update your phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Obedinho130: 9:19pm On Dec 24, 2020
stackheap:
for me, as far as my pone is working fine, i don't update. i am still on miui 9.5 grin
you can go ahead to update as updates are generally meant to improve experience.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 9:28pm On Dec 24, 2020
Remmedy:
please I was formally using a Redmi 8 before migrating to a note 9 s .... I normally enjoy my DJ app in my former phone but in this note 9 s it refuses to show my music it only shows those downloaded newly in my phone .... I have tried all other DJ apps same

no answer yet
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:55pm On Dec 24, 2020
Remmedy:

no answer yet

No one responded because, no one have experienced it or uses such apps on their phones.

You should know that most responses to issues here is based on experience especially software related cases
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jideprof: 10:40pm On Dec 24, 2020
Trex4:
The black screen issue is from call of duty itself.

Alright, thanks. I've tried everything I've seen but none worked. It's some relief that the issue is from cod sha
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by AududuNine11: 10:56pm On Dec 24, 2020
stackheap:

Which big problem are you taking about? Or is the miui 12 on my phone different?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 11:01pm On Dec 24, 2020
Obedinho130:
add money and get 9s 4gb ram.
but if u must get the note 9, mek sure you are getting the 4gb/128gb variant
omo na 3gig ram my power reach oo undecided sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 11:54pm On Dec 24, 2020
Mehn nah complaints full play store about the black screen stuff on COD and I just updated my own game and was immediately greeted by it. This thing no funny ooo
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jideprof: 12:31am On Dec 25, 2020
Meister:
Mehn nah complaints full play store about the black screen stuff on COD and I just updated my own game and was immediately greeted by it. This thing no funny ooo

Omoo, the thing is really annoying. I hope it's fixed soon.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:32am On Dec 25, 2020
Compliments of the season to this family.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Remmedy(m): 1:24am On Dec 25, 2020
genius43:

No one responded because, no one have experienced it or uses such apps on their phones.

You should know that most responses to issues here is based on experience especially software related cases

Okay thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KozzyKayaki(m): 2:03am On Dec 25, 2020
GTA IV gameplay test on Android: Fanmade game by Freaky Studios (675MB+)
Download link: https://www.freakystudios.ml/2020/07/gta-4-mobile-first-mission-preveiw-1.html?m=1

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCaRMokwSqk

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by explosiveskull(m): 2:20am On Dec 25, 2020
ExtraUniqueGuy:

I don't think anyone can help, the best anyone of you would do is deflect. But here's the issue anyway:

I can't multitask (that word is even a stretch). Example, I can't be on Twitter and then quickly go to WhatsApp. Twitter will restart, WhatsApp too will restart if I go back to it. Same with all the apps I have. Worst of all, I can't even press the minimise button on any app and then press back button (without even going to another app) without that app restarting. And the phone has generally slowed down.

On the Infinix note I've had since 2015, I can go back to an app I've had opened for days and I'll meet it as is.

For sure Xiaomi is way better than Infinix and Tecno (I'm not in any way comparing the 3 brands), but I enjoy seamless multitasking on that infinix compared to my Redmi note 7.

I've been an ardent reader of this Thread (I don't comment), I got to know about the phone here, and I initially thought I've found a brand to stick with.

Will never be getting anyone of the 3 again ( grin plus, I know it's none of your business
Even devil dey learn work especially lieing from you, you opened an app for days in your phone and it was still intact after days, haba! Na insult you dey insult anybody wey read your comment infact, you too insult yourself without shame and break. Na only nursery school toddlers you fit tell this story but the sharp ones go grab say na nonsense you dey yarn, that infinix must be a workstation with radiator, oil and premium motor spirit filter.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (8095) (8096) (8097) (8098) (8099) (8100) (8101) ... (9322) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 15 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.