Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,300 members, 7,815,538 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:09 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8112) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9186039 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8109) (8110) (8111) (8112) (8113) (8114) (8115) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 10:24pm On Dec 29, 2020
prodigiousman:
Jux received this on my redmi7
update na, ahbi you dey wait for night browsing cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 10:28pm On Dec 29, 2020
veekid:
some rn8 already are on 12 sha, I don't want to download and install from untrusted sites. waiting on the OTA
no risk no reward... the patient dog now eats leftovers wink
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 10:37pm On Dec 29, 2020
Good evening house. Please anytime i take a screenshot on my RN8 pro, it's usually dull. What can i do.. The sharpness vanishes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by JasonSleek(m): 11:23pm On Dec 29, 2020
drake49:
Good evening house. Please anytime i take a screenshot on my RN8 pro, it's usually dull. What can i do.. The sharpness vanishes
if dark mode is on, then turn it off.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by drake49(m): 11:32pm On Dec 29, 2020
JasonSleek:
if dark mode is on, then turn it off.
thanks man
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by nongo123(m): 12:02am On Dec 30, 2020
MIUI 12.5 coming with only 5 preinstalled MIUI apps and all of them can be uninstalled, atleast we can be able to delete the garbage we don't need. This will make MIUI more lighter and it might help with better multitasking.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 12:11am On Dec 30, 2020
AlphaBeta130:
i want to get 9s as my next device but i am torn between the 4gb ram and 6gb ram variant. My main concern is if there ia any much difference in performance. Also how decent is the speaker. I want to buy a phone i will use for 6 years. i am using mi max 2 now but want to sell it next year
First of all, 6 years?, Wow grin, secondly, I don't know about the 4gb variant but all I know is the 6gb own is cool. About the speaker, it's okay for me. Loud too. Also depends on what quality of song you're playing e.t.c
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by vicot(m): 12:52am On Dec 30, 2020
how can I change my font?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Deeni131: 1:55am On Dec 30, 2020
veekid:
how did you get miui12 on rn8 abeg

The phone is rooted with twrp
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Leonidas8(m): 3:34am On Dec 30, 2020
nongo123:
MIUI 12.5 coming with only 5 preinstalled MIUI apps and all of them can be uninstalled, atleast we can be able to delete the garbage we don't need. This will make MIUI more lighter and it might help with better multitasking.
Na so, waiting eagerly for its release date.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 5:11am On Dec 30, 2020
Hyinkar97:
Hi Macbeyland repairpalng repairguru

Please how much is the replacement screen for Redmi Note 7? Please reply here. I can't access WhatsApp or any other means of communication
The price is 15k. available in Port Harcourt but can be waybilled. Call 08062907289

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shidof(m): 6:50am On Dec 30, 2020
Sorry for derailing the thread.
I'm thinking of getting a powerbank today but currently having a choice problem, which one should I go for between Redmi Powerbank and Romoss powerbank based on durability and effectiveness? I used Romoss Solo5 few years ago and it was efficient.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jason0147: 7:19am On Dec 30, 2020
please who have redmi 7 replacement battery here. location is port Harcourt.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by busuyi44: 8:19am On Dec 30, 2020
nongo123:

Your source?
What about those annoying adverts in MIUI?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:20am On Dec 30, 2020
Jason0147:
please who have redmi 7 replacement battery here. location is port Harcourt.

Ask Macbeyland if he has.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Slickey: 8:21am On Dec 30, 2020
I lost my phone (redmi 7a) yesterday. My Mi acct was logged in and phone was passworded, so that means they can't use it, even if they wiped it, right?

Also pls, have networks commenced sim swap/retrieval? Because of those lost sims, I can't access email, online/ussd banking, calls etc.

I didn't realise how locked in we are to mobile networks.
cc: genius43
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:22am On Dec 30, 2020
vicot:
how can I change my font?

Theme app.

Two methods

1. Search the name of the font or search any of Aafont, Moby Fonts, free and click on more and select your favourite font.

2. Switch to India region and go to the theme app and click on the fonts section.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jason0147: 8:28am On Dec 30, 2020
genius43:

he doesn't have. any other person i can get it from?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 8:29am On Dec 30, 2020
Will Redmi 9 receive it?
nongo123:
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by KoladeAkinlade(m): 8:31am On Dec 30, 2020
Good morning, people. Can anybody help me with a link to download the suitable gcam for Redmi 9, please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:31am On Dec 30, 2020
Jason0147:

he doesn't have. any other person i can get it from?

You have to source from the Lagos guys, RepairPalNG or Phoneparts
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:31am On Dec 30, 2020
KoladeAkinlade:
Good morning, people. Can anybody help me with a link to download the suitable gcam for Redmi 9, please?

Check the Xiaomi Compilation Thread
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:32am On Dec 30, 2020
Slickey:
I lost my phone (redmi 7a) yesterday. My Mi acct was logged in and phone was passworded, so that means they can't use it, even if they wiped it, right?

Also pls, have networks commenced sim swap/retrieval? Because of those lost sims, I can't access email, online/ussd banking, calls etc.

cc: genius.43

I don't know if they will do welcome back you can go their office and ask.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kingphilip(m): 8:40am On Dec 30, 2020
veekid:
some rn8 already are on 12 sha, I don't want to download and install from untrusted sites. waiting on the OTA
Not gotten it on my Redmi 9 yet o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Slickey: 8:41am On Dec 30, 2020
genius43:

I don't know if they will do welcome back you can go their office and ask.

pls answer the question in the first paragraph. Thx.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:53am On Dec 30, 2020
Slickey:

pls answer the question in the first paragraph. Thx.

You already answered it yourself and it is something that have been discussed time and over again.

You can decide to log-in to your mi account from your browser and lock the phone
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 9:06am On Dec 30, 2020
Slickey:

cc: genius43
Pls kindly update us if you were able to do welcome back. I'm in a similar situation. Haven't been able to go on WhatsApp since my phone and sim were stolen, was lucky to be able to remember my email pwords tho
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Teeboy2300(m): 9:33am On Dec 30, 2020
genius43:

Let me bookmark this. I'll be back because I need to change my screen too in port Harcourt
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by amnwa(m): 9:55am On Dec 30, 2020
Gemineye:
Pls kindly update us if you were able to do welcome back. I'm in a similar situation. Haven't been able to go on WhatsApp since my phone and sim were stolen, was lucky to be able to remember my email pwords tho

Same thing happened to me. Lost my note 7pro
Had to get the note 9s days ago.

. Tracking the phone but police said is not being u.sed , I guess because of the cloud password.
The sim welcome back is my greatest challenge as the sim has all my bank details connected and I can't do anything without it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Niceman4u(m): 10:03am On Dec 30, 2020
genius43:

Theme app.

Two methods

1. Search the name of the font or search any of Aafont, Moby Fonts, free and click on more and select your favourite font.

2. Switch to India region and go to the theme app and click on the fonts section.

Pls, where do u search for these fonts as stated in Paragraph (1) above?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 10:36am On Dec 30, 2020
Teeboy2300:

Let me bookmark this. I'll be back because I need to change my screen too in port Harcourt
redmi 7 screen is available

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by macbeyland(m): 10:36am On Dec 30, 2020
genius43:

thanks for the mention.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8109) (8110) (8111) (8112) (8113) (8114) (8115) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: coatofwealth(m), Chizip(m) and 8 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.