Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,506 members, 7,823,188 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:13 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8173) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9250050 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8170) (8171) (8172) (8173) (8174) (8175) (8176) ... (9319) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Olamyyde(m): 10:53am On Jan 30, 2021
Niceman4u:

Can u tweak my own, pls?
Are sure you understand what you want? Research on tweaking/customizing android phones before making up your mind oo.

Have you unlocked your bootloader?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Degrezhaa: 11:20am On Jan 30, 2021
luminouz:

Lol..yes I do bro.

RN9 to be precise

How is you doing? grin wink

U sef dey here ? grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rejoixe: 11:30am On Jan 30, 2021
genius43:

That it is not on the control panel doesn't mean the functionality isn't there.

A trip to your settings, Account and Sync isn't so much of a long journey.

I know I can do that, but the ease of that one touch is why I prefer the feature.
Ps I just checked and a whole lot of people want the feature back, and Xiaomi has promised to bring it back.
♥️�✌�
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:36am On Jan 30, 2021
rejoixe:

I know I can do that, but the ease of that one touch is why I prefer the feature.
Ps I just checked and a whole lot of people want the feature back, and Xiaomi has promised to bring it back.
♥️�✌�

Me I don't care to be honest. I never turn my sync off so it there or not doesn't really affect me.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by rejoixe: 11:56am On Jan 30, 2021
genius43:

Me I don't care to be honest. I never turn my sync off so it there or not doesn't really affect me.

Exactly, everyone has there favourite features..
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ikpunekenwa(m): 1:08pm On Jan 30, 2021
Meister:

https: //bigota.d.miui.com/V12.0.2.0.QJZMIXM/ miui-blockota-joyeuse_global-V12.0.1.0.QJZMIXM-V12.0.2.0.QJZMIXM-28655d9cd5-10.0. zip

Remove the spaces
Bro thanks ooo, I don run am.
At first I got the update notification which later disappeared from my updater app; after reading and seeing the complaints about failed downloads via ota and how the zip file can get corrupt cos of bad network, I followed the manual update pattern as you guys described with the link you availed to me. This is the first time am following this route as I did fancy the OTA method. I checked and saw that the OTA and the manual update had same size, I jejely followed manual method shaparly.
Now, my phone is doing me somehow in my hands and eyes, it looks more buttery smooth and brighter though the update is still less than an hour but am going to do some hard restarts to normalize every every.
Thank you once again.

N/B:
I think this sort of incremental update by xiaomi is somehow in the sense that its like they overhauled the whole apps. I timed my booting time and it is 1minute and 11 seconds though I have 349 apps installed or so as that time doesn't bother me. The screen recorder is now facetime and somehow that app is broken and not performing well. I just noticed that I couldn't unlock my phone by the normal swiping up, I don't know if it is the theme am using or it came with this update. The battery for now is trying and somehow I still have things to discover in this update. My screen is crisper.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ikpunekenwa(m): 1:09pm On Jan 30, 2021
rejoixe:

♥️�✌�
You can search for a third party email app that can do that.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Folahanmi19(m): 1:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Oga genius43, please help me with 12.0.3 update for rn8 global version,,,, thanks boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mchearan: 1:57pm On Jan 30, 2021
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RuneKingThor: 2:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
I finally got the Redmi Note 9s and damn I'm loving every second of it. It's a massive jump from my former phone which was an infinix. As soon I turned the phone on there was an update waiting I think it was Miui 12 I chilled a bit before I updated it, the jump in performance from that update was massive too. This is something I had never experienced thought out my years with Infinix. It shock me small grin grin.
The camera is out of this world too, like I'm not even considering Gcam though I might check it out to see the difference sha. All in all this phone doesn't feel like a budget device at all, feels like a flagship killer at least.
What I need help with is fonts I no see where the settings for am dey.

13 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jesse8048(m): 2:40pm On Jan 30, 2021
RuneKingThor:
I finally got the Redmi Note 9s and damn I'm loving every second of it. It's a massive jump from my former phone which was an infinix. As soon I turned the phone on there was an update waiting I think it was Miui 12 I chilled a bit before I updated it, the jump in performance from that update was massive too. This is something I had never experienced thought out my years with Infinix. It shock me small grin grin.
The camera is out of this world too, like I'm not even considering Gcam though I might check it out to see the difference sha. All in all this phone doesn't feel like a budget device at all, feels like a flagship killer at least.
What I need help with is fonts I no see where the settings for am dey.

Change region to India, open your themes. Search for font, they're plenty.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by RuneKingThor: 2:45pm On Jan 30, 2021
jesse8048:

Change region to India, open your themes. Search for font, they're plenty.
Thanks so much.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pheranme9(m): 2:47pm On Jan 30, 2021
Guys don't you think Redmi need to do wireless airpods with active noise cancellation like air Pod pro
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:36pm On Jan 30, 2021
pheranme9:
Guys don't you think Redmi need to do wireless airpods with active noise cancellation like air Pod pro

Check for Mi Air 2 Pro or Anker top of the line TWS
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
Folahanmi19:
Oga genius43, please help me with 12.0.3 update for rn8 global version,,,, thanks boss

https:// bigota.d.miui. com/V12.0.3.0.QCOMIXM/miui_GINKGOGlobal_V12.0.3.0.QCOMIXM_265dab17e2_10.0.zip

Remove spaces
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 3:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mchearan:
Who can teach me how i can manually update from miui 12.0.2 to 12.0.3 I saw the link shared here but don't what next

Check few pages back.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zankut: 4:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
Anyone who's bought the redmi 9t should please do a review. Plan on buying a unit for the sis, make I no jump
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 4:54pm On Jan 30, 2021
Zankut:
Anyone who's bought the redmi 9t should please do a review. Plan on buying a unit for the sis, make I no jump

Valor reviews on YouTube says he's going to review it very soon
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mchearan: 5:07pm On Jan 30, 2021
genius43:

Check few pages back.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kayfeez(m): 5:31pm On Jan 30, 2021
fijiano202:
eyah sorry about that ....check your sim tray and insert sim while it's power off
Still the same , is there anything I can do ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by kayfeez(m): 5:32pm On Jan 30, 2021
genius43:

He is not having network problems but the Sims are not bringing services at all.

If you have already confused us like this how do we help?

Also state the phone and attach pictures.

Sorry, it's redmi note 7. It's not bringing network after we did factory reset on it ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Zankut: 5:38pm On Jan 30, 2021
Meister:

Valor reviews on YouTube says he's going to review it very soon

Ok boss, thanks
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 5:43pm On Jan 30, 2021
kayfeez:

Sorry, it's redmi note 7. It's not bringing network after we did factory reset on it ?
Then do another factory reset. By the way, is the phone on the latest rom?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mrrespect(m): 7:22pm On Jan 30, 2021
genius43:

Data usage is what I missed most. Though I've gotten an app for it and it's doing justice.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:41pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mchearan:

Will appreciate if you can save me the stress

Wow! I am the one that needs the stress right?

I won't save you the stress.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Mrrespect:

Data usage is what I missed most. Though I've gotten an app for it and it's doing justice.

I also don't miss that one. I never used it.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:42pm On Jan 30, 2021
Whats up with redmi note 9? doesn't it support gcam?
I've been trying to download gcam for this babe for almost 1hour now and none is working. playstore didnt even follow the phone,i downloaded one but it didnt work. Things like this is why i detest mtk with passion,wtf. I wont advise even my enemy to purchase an mtk device.

ps: please ignore any grammaticar errors and lack of quotation marks. typing with the phone is hellish to me,it's too long and the keyboard isn't helping matters.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Jan 30, 2021
even to upload screenshot is a problem despite the fact it's just 1.5mb

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:52pm On Jan 30, 2021
Someone should please help
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:58pm On Jan 30, 2021
Plead:
Whats up with redmi note 9? doesn't it support gcam?
I've been trying to download gcam for this babe for almost 1hour now and none is working. playstore didnt even follow the phone,i downloaded one but it didnt work. Things like this is why i detest mtk with passion,wtf. I wont advise even my enemy to purchase an mtk device.

ps: please ignore any grammaticar errors and lack of quotation marks. typing with the phone is hellish to me,it's too long and the keyboard isn't helping matters.

Why did she buy a Chinese Version in the first place? This Chinese ROM and you can only install Gapps via the Mi store.

And the Chinese Variant of Redmi Note 9 is called Redmi 10x 4G.

Post the carton of this phone first.

People should ask questions first before buying something.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:00pm On Jan 30, 2021
Plead:

Click all specs and upload screenshot.

If it is the Chinese Redmi Note 9 4G it is Snapdragon 662 and same phone as Redmi 9T
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:01pm On Jan 30, 2021
Plead:

Also how do you expect it to be fast when your network is 3G

(1) (2) (3) ... (8170) (8171) (8172) (8173) (8174) (8175) (8176) ... (9319) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.