Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,669 members, 7,809,529 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:54 AM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8191) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9163473 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8188) (8189) (8190) (8191) (8192) (8193) (8194) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:56pm On Feb 07, 2021
pelvicky:

No boss.

Just the 11 for now.

I have another issue here boss.

I just received an application on my phone that requires me to grant it accessibility under my settings.

The issue now is this,the app keep closing itself whenever I want to perform a certain task on it.

The app works perfectly on other phone like infinix.

But my redmi note 7 won't permit it to work, I think redmi is trying to protect me from privacy intrusion.

But I need the app work boss, what can I do?

Which app is that? If your phone is not allowing you to use its best you let it be.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Benrichkid(m): 9:28pm On Feb 07, 2021
Benrichkid:
Please how can I get the lock screen icon to appear on my home screen?
I am trying to reduce the rate I press the power button so I have already activated double tapping to wake the screen. Just need a way of locking the screen without pressing the power button.
Device: Redmi 9c
Thanks guys. I think the widget option is best for me. I don't like the quick ball and control centre option.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Reddington(m): 9:46pm On Feb 07, 2021
Benrichkid:

Thanks guys. I think the widget option is best for me. I don't like the quick ball and control centre option.
Good choice TBH. Lock Widget is non-existent in third-party launchers.. It is only exclusive to MIUI. I've always used Nova ever since I started using Android phones and they use lock gestures instead which is very fluid and stylish. Any day you decide to switch to a non-MIUI launcher, the Lock Widget - most of your MIUI widgets, in fact - will disappear. Have this at the back of your mind, just in case
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:58pm On Feb 07, 2021
Benrichkid:

You can drag it anywhere here for quicker accessibility.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 10:01pm On Feb 07, 2021
Mrviktor:
who has switched to redmi 9c from either

note 5 pro or note 6 pro pleaseeeeeeeee..

hows d camera difference

i wan buy 9c for someone using 6pro
Better downgrade! I don't think anyone will do that except for some weird reasons. Don't bother to compare the cameras.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ikpunekenwa(m): 10:18pm On Feb 07, 2021
genius43:

You are wrong.
How please cos I felt the mismatched letters is causing the error?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by maclawrence02(m): 11:12pm On Feb 07, 2021
SAMBHOSS:

No be fight o grin grin, I'm sorry for such sef, I just realized what I wrote, thing is, I replied after I had just taken one test(that e get as e be) so I wasn't in the right mood to reply. Make una no vex
Don't go about consuming 4 sachets of nescaf coffee before going for a test. E get why!
Someone here tried it here sometime ago and his life did not remain the same until he saw the damage it caused him and promised us all to stop it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ngote: 11:38pm On Feb 07, 2021
Heyi guys please can i get update file for Redmi9A
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Blastedholligan: 12:04am On Feb 08, 2021
Guys, I need your help please. My RN9 requested for my password after 72hrs, I inputted it now it has refused accepting my password o. Password that I normally use, now it's saying wrong password. How do I bypass it without loosing all my files abeg. I need your help like this please cry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:49am On Feb 08, 2021
Ikpunekenwa:

How please cos I felt the mismatched letters is causing the error?

P - Android 9
Q- Android 10

You must have a letter change when you upgrade to a higher android version.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:51am On Feb 08, 2021
Blastedholligan:
Guys, I need your help please. My RN9 requested for my password after 72hrs, I inputted it now it has refused accepting my password o. Password that I normally use, now it's saying wrong password. How do I bypass it without loosing all my files abeg. I need your help like this please cry

I doubt if you used the right password, reasons why I prefer Pin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Frstem: 1:38am On Feb 08, 2021
Benrichkid:
Please how can I get the lock screen icon to appear on my home screen?
I am trying to reduce the rate I press the power button so I have already activated double tapping to wake the screen. Just need a way of locking the screen without pressing the power button.
Device: Redmi 9c

Settings - Additional Settings - Button Shortcuts

Select the one highlighted with an orange marker as shown below and choose - "Use Home Button".

Once you do that, anytime you press and hold the Home Button, your screen locks. Easy as ABC..

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by SAMBHOSS(m): 1:43am On Feb 08, 2021
maclawrence02:

Don't go about consuming 4 sachets of nescaf coffee before going for a test. E get why!
Someone here tried it here sometime ago and his life did not remain the same until he saw the damage it caused him and promised us all to stop it.
grin grin grin grin grin, that coffee way na the way o, cause I no dey understand again
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 5:41am On Feb 08, 2021
Frstem:

Settings - Additional Settings - Button Shortcuts

Select the one highlighted with an orange marker as shown below and choose - "Use Home Button".

Once you do that, anytime you press and hold the Home Button, your screen locks. Easy as ABC..
If you're using full screen, forget those button shortcuts/gestures.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psady(m): 6:16am On Feb 08, 2021
genius43:

P - Android 9
Q- Android 10

You must have a letter change when you upgrade to a higher android version.
please boss! How do I resolve issue withk my Redmi 9c, it goes off on its own whenever I tried to resume any app, it takes like 10seconds then goes off and on.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:25am On Feb 08, 2021
Psady:
please boss! How do I resolve issue withk my Redmi 9c, it goes off on its own whenever I tried to resume any app, it takes like 10seconds then goes off and on.

Wipe data and update your phone.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Frstem: 6:26am On Feb 08, 2021
jboixxx:
If you're using full screen, forget those button shortcuts/gestures.

Yeah I know. It doesn't work on full screen.

And full screen mode is the new gold.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by pelvicky(m): 6:53am On Feb 08, 2021
genius43:

Which app is that? If your phone is not allowing you to use its best you let it be.

Extract group contact
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 6:56am On Feb 08, 2021
pelvicky:

Extract group contact

It is a system app for Infinix and it won't work on Xiaomi.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 08, 2021
my redmi 7a when connected to laptop only charges directly , it won't bring the option of charge only, transfer file etc. pls what can I do?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by udatso: 8:01am On Feb 08, 2021
organism3:
my redmi 7a when connected to laptop only charges directly , it won't bring the option of charge only, transfer file etc. pls what can I do?
Change your cable and or try it on another pc
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Psady(m): 8:16am On Feb 08, 2021
genius43:

Wipe data and update your phone.
wiping data ,does it mean same as flashing? Pls am new in all this.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chikizzy(m): 8:58am On Feb 08, 2021
I sell both phones, just because no advert is allowed here you can chat me up . My number is on my signature
olagamalin:
Guys, I want to buy the Redmi Note 9Pro because someone told me the camera is great.

Is it true or is there a better option around the price range?

Pls advise.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chikizzy(m): 9:00am On Feb 08, 2021
Chat me up for all the price details
Qsand:

how much did it cost
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by chikizzy(m): 9:03am On Feb 08, 2021
Lovelynife:
Finally gotten a fairly used Redmi note 9 (4/128g). very happy I dnt have to wait for Poco m3 for month or months again
nice one bro, welcome to the family... Come and give me that your bread na I have butter shocked

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gergemam: 9:54am On Feb 08, 2021
Good day guys!

I have this issue with my REDMI NOTE 9S... This started when I downloaded another theme

However, when I change the lock screen and home wallpaper both goes back to Normal default after a certain period of time...

Any solution?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:59am On Feb 08, 2021
Psady:
wiping data ,does it mean same as flashing? Pls am new in all this.

It means factory reset. Backup what you can.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 10:00am On Feb 08, 2021
gergemam:
Good day guys!

I have this issue with my REDMI NOTE 9S... This started when I downloaded another theme

However, when I change the lock screen and home wallpaper both goes back to Normal default after a certain period of time...

Any solution?

When you change theme you should untick the aspects you don't want it to affect. Also you can set a new wallpaper via the theme app.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Blastedholligan: 10:36am On Feb 08, 2021
Blastedholligan:
guys please I need your help with this mbok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by gergemam: 10:39am On Feb 08, 2021
genius43:

When you change theme you should untick the aspects you don't want it to affect. Also you can set a new wallpaper via the theme app.

Done as instructed...

I will be watching and provide a feedback
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by PETUK(m): 10:55am On Feb 08, 2021
Guys please how can I delete phone number from my contacts?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 11:44am On Feb 08, 2021
Blastedholligan:
guys please I need your help with this mbok

Does it not show a place to click 'forgot password' ?

(1) (2) (3) ... (8188) (8189) (8190) (8191) (8192) (8193) (8194) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: yongLord(m), olulove(m), Gptech(m) and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.