Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,924 members, 7,817,705 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:40 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8282) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9200829 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8279) (8280) (8281) (8282) (8283) (8284) (8285) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Walkee: 11:09pm On Apr 01, 2021
ityP:

Actually, iPhones dey steady for optimisation. My guy using iPhone 6 tell me say if him dey use my phone (Redmi Note 4x), him for don break am since embarassed
I'm planning to give my iPhone 11 pro to my girlfriend and buy poco f3 I have no idea if it's a good idea.
Why are xiaomi acting confused? They've launched close to 30 different phones yet mi 11 is no where to be found. Why Can't they just settle down and launch 2 or 3 phones and make available for all?

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:45pm On Apr 01, 2021
Walkee:
I'm planning to give my iPhone 11 pro to my girlfriend and buy poco f3 I have no idea if it's a good idea.
Why are xiaomi acting confused? They've launched close to 30 different phones yet mi 11 is no where to be found. Why Can't they just settle down and launch 2 or 3 phones and make available for all?

Nigeria is a new market for them, so they don't send flagship phones yet.

It is even last year India started getting close to flagship and that is one of their biggest markets. They got the Mi 10 but not the Pro but India will get the Mi 11 Ultra this year due to popular demands.

Until they see the patronage from this market for even their affordable Flagships they won't risk bringing in phones that won't sell.

Practically how many Mi Note 10/Pro and Mi 10T/Pro were sold in Nigeria?

It is a business afterall.

If you really need the Mi 11 there are ways of getting it. A method many of us who started buying Xiaomi phones even before their arrival to Nigeria are very conversant with. There are sellers here that can help you order it Global or Chinese Version.

6 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 11:56pm On Apr 01, 2021
Walkee:

Dash me the iPhone sad
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by officialteemi(m): 12:08am On Apr 02, 2021
Im not gettin notification Sounds From my telegram app anymore.
Even the Telegram notification badge is not showing unless I open the app.
All necessary notification settings is On
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 12:49am On Apr 02, 2021
Meister:

Account details kwa, the guy no dey owerri ?
Give him my number make we meet up
ok sir grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Walkee: 1:07am On Apr 02, 2021
genius43:

Nigeria is a new market for them, so they don't send flagship phones yet.

It is even last year India started getting close to flagship and that is one of their biggest markets. They got the Mi 10 but not the Pro but India will get the Mi 11 Ultra this year due to popular demands.

Until they see the patronage from this market for even their affordable Flagships they won't risk bringing in phones that won't sell.

Practically how many Mi Note 10/Pro and Mi 10T/Pro were sold in Nigeria?

It is a business afterall.

If you really need the Mi 11 there are ways of getting it. A method many of us who started buying Xiaomi phones even before their arrival to Nigeria are very conversant with. There are sellers here that can help you order it Global or Chinese Version.
can't find it on aliexpress or jumia global. That's why I said nowhere to be found. Mi8 was available on jumia even back then when xiaomi wasn't in Nigeria
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by postdigger(m): 1:10am On Apr 02, 2021
When even I'm playing sounds like music or whatsapp voice notes on my phone, it keeps breaking, I thought it was my speaker but it isn't, because people always complain of my vn breaking whenever I send one to them.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 2:09am On Apr 02, 2021
Walkee:
can't find it on aliexpress or jumia global. That's why I said nowhere to be found. Mi8 was available on jumia even back then when xiaomi wasn't in Nigeria

Jumia Global should be the last place you look. That very phone is on eBay, Global and CN Versions, even the China only Mi 11 Pro is on eBay.

NB: The Mi 11 Ultra on eBay is currently not the Global Version.

Also like I said their are sellers here who have dealers they buy phones from over there that can help you order it.

FYI: Phones will run out of stock and they won't get replaced on time because of the current inability of Processor manufacturers to meet demand due to a shortage in raw materials. It is affecting everything down to PCs.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Walkee: 7:20am On Apr 02, 2021
genius43:

Jumia Global should be the last place you look. That very phone is on eBay, Global and CN Versions, even the China only Mi 11 Pro is on eBay.

NB: The Mi 11 Ultra on eBay is currently not the Global Version.

Also like I said their are sellers here who have dealers they buy phones from over there that can help you order it.

FYI: Phones will run out of stock and they won't get replaced on time because of the current inability of Processor manufacturers to meet demand due to a shortage in raw materials. It is affecting everything down to PCs.
exactly why they should calm down and release 2 to 3 phones which they have enough hardware to manufacture. Xiaomi do not sell nearly as many units of phones as Samsung yet Samsung phones are almost always available everywhere. It's impossible to keep up with xiaomi phones launch yet you can even get any of them to buy so what's the point?. If any of the thousands of phones they released were available I would have bought one already

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 7:31am On Apr 02, 2021
Walkee:
exactly why they should calm down and release 2 to 3 phones which they have enough hardware to manufacture. Xiaomi do not sell nearly as many units of phones as Samsung yet Samsung phones are almost always available everywhere. It's impossible to keep up with xiaomi phones launch yet you can even get any of them to buy so what's the point?. If any of the thousands of phones they released were available I will have bought one already

Says who?

Did you miss the part I said The Chipset shortages is affecting everything down to PC?

Meaning Samsung are also currently affected, they can't even mass produce their own chipsets.

GPU makers can't meet up supplies to manufacturers for PCs and Consoles.

Releasing a lot of phones in the different prices is the new thing. Even Samsung have a plethora of phones on the way, more A series, M series and F Series.

Everybody apart from Apple are doing this.

TBH If you really want to buy a phone you would have, this your excuse doesn't hold up.

There are people on this forum using the Mi 11 and I have shown ways to buy it.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by LandMann: 7:50am On Apr 02, 2021
Finally got a positive judgement from AliExpress today.

Bought a replacement screen there but it turned out to be defective... It doesn't work.

Contacted the seller but he/she kept going round in circles and delaying communication so I opened disputed and opted to wait for AliExpress to step in.

First judgement from AliExpress said my case was invalid because I didn't provide a test video as described by the seller.

Basically the seller wanted me to record a video of me testing another screen then testing their own with their logo showing to rule out that my phone isn't defective.

So, it was a challenge because the former LCD was damaged beyond recognition... and I had non to test at hand.

Finally, I had to travel to another state to find a closely similar faulty screen... I recorded the test video with the faulty screen which displayed with lines then the one from seller which doesn't display at all.

Had to provide onscreen text to explain what I'm doing... Split the video in two then made the video fast so it can stay within 2 minutes because you can't upload a video longer than two minutes on aliexpress...

I was given three days to respond after first judgement from Aliexpress.

Thankfully aliexpress just dropped their second judgement on the dispute and my complaint is valid and I'm entitled to a full refund less $2.

Hope someone finds this information useful.

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Walkee: 7:56am On Apr 02, 2021
genius43:

Says who?

Did you miss the part I said The Chipset shortages is affecting everything down to PC?

Meaning Samsung are also currently affected, they can't even mass produce their own chipsets.

GPU makers can't meet up supplies to manufacturers for PCs and Consoles.

Releasing a lot of phones in the different prices is the new thing. Even Samsung have a plethora of phones on the way, more A series, M series and F Series.

Everybody apart from Apple are doing this.

TBH If you really want to buy a phone you would have, this your excuse doesn't hold up.

There are people on this forum using the Mi 11 and I have shown ways to buy it.
you are obviously one of the phone brands worshipers here who believe it's their duty to worship and defend the particular phone they use. I'm typing this reply on a Redmi note 8 pro which I use as my second phone so in case you think I'm here to trash your lovely xiaomi. How many phones have they launched since January? How many can you get like how you get phones from normal companies? All the phones dealers on Nairaland, I haven't seen a single one of them list mi 11 as part of their product ordinary A52 that was launched few weeks ago is everywhere. I can't be searching nooks and cranny for a phone I'm going to pay for in order not to get scammed. I can't find something on physical store, jumia, aliexpress or Amazon and you are here arguing with me unnecessarily. The Samsung S series that are everywhere, are they using plastic chips? Xiaomi's problem is irresponsibility. They launch over 50 phones yet you can't get them to buy anywhere. They can conserve their resources and do the ones they can mass produce instead of trying to compete unnecessarily

25 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Kaesyrn(m): 8:12am On Apr 02, 2021
officialteemi:
Im not gettin notification Sounds From my telegram app anymore.
Even the Telegram notification badge is not showing unless I open the app.
All necessary notification settings is On

Same here and surprisingly I've even downloaded updates
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 8:17am On Apr 02, 2021
Walkee:
you are obviously one of the phone brands worshipers here who believe it's their duty to worship and defend the particular phone they use. I'm typing this reply on a Redmi note 8 pro which I use as my second phone so in case you think I'm here to trash your lovely xiaomi. How many phones have they launched since January? How many can you get like how you get phones from normal companies? All the phones dealers on Nairaland, I haven't seen a single one of them list mi 11 as part of their product ordinary A 52 that was launched few weeks ago is everywhere. I can't be searching nooks and cranny for a phone I'm going to pay for in order not to get scammed. I can't find something on physical store, jumia, aliexpress or Amazon and you are here arguing with me unnecessarily. The Samsung S series that are everywhere, are they using plastic chips? Xiaomi's problem is irresponsibility. They launch over 50 phones yet you can't get them to buy anywhere. They can conserve their resources and do the ones they can mass produce instead of trying to compete unnecessarily

Lol. It works for them
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:29am On Apr 02, 2021
Walkee:
you are obviously one of the phone brands worshipers here who believe it's their duty to worship and defend the particular phone they use. I'm typing this reply on a Redmi note 8 pro which I use as my second phone so in case you think I'm here to trash your lovely xiaomi. How many phones have they launched since January? How many can you get like how you get phones from normal companies? All the phones dealers on Nairaland, I haven't seen a single one of them list mi 11 as part of their product ordinary A 52 that was launched few weeks ago is everywhere. I can't be searching nooks and cranny for a phone I'm going to pay for in order not to get scammed. I can't find something on physical store, jumia, aliexpress or Amazon and you are here arguing with me unnecessarily. The Samsung S series that are everywhere, are they using plastic chips? Xiaomi's problem is irresponsibility. They launch over 50 phones yet you can't get them to buy anywhere. They can conserve their resources and do the ones they can mass produce instead of trying to compete unnecessarily

The next thing you call me a marketer. You would be surprised how long I have used Samsung you have so much mentioned.

I only told you reasons why you can't get their Flagships like you would do for Samsung down here.

The same thing with Xiaomi applies to OnePlus, Oppo and Vivo down here.

If I fancy the Vivo X60 Pro+ or Oppo Find X3 Pro, I can't get it on Jumia on any walk in store despite their presence in Nigeria.

That was what I am simply saying.

Time to go back to my hibernation mode.

9 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:31am On Apr 02, 2021
ityP:

Lol. It works for them

cheesy I tire o

Their "irresponsibility" got them to number 3 mobile brand in the world so what's that dude even saying?

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:35am On Apr 02, 2021
2kurupt:

cheesy I tire o

Their "irresponsibility" got them to number 3 mobile brand in the world so what's that dude even saying?

He was going on and on about 30 plus devices and the devices aren't even up to that except if you count, the same devices they released in another name.

Quite admittedly Xiaomi Nigeria are extremely slow the way they operate especially bringing in new phones but Hana comparing a 10 year old company to a 30+ company with more resources must be nice.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by 2kurupt(m): 8:51am On Apr 02, 2021
genius43:

He was going on and on about 30 plus devices and the devices aren't even up to that except if you count, the same devices they released in another name.

Quite admittedly Xiaomi Nigeria are extremely slow the way they operate especially bringing in new phones but Hana comparing a 10 year old company to a 30+ company with more resources must be nice.

He obviously doesn't know how marketing which entails sales and distribution works.

No company wants to tie down its products in a warehouse or showroom if patronage for that exact model is low somewhere, while same model is in hot demand elsewhere. How many Nigerians are buying flagships in comparison to midrange & entry level devices?

Even Apple scaled down production of the iPhone 12 mini due to its slow sales figures. Samsung focus more of their flagship offerings to Western and more developed countries because that's where they will sell more.

Nigeria is not a tier 1 country when it comes to tech & gadgets thus midrange and entry level smartphones distribution will always be the priority

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 8:58am On Apr 02, 2021
2kurupt:

He obviously doesn't know how marketing which entails sales and distribution works.

No company wants to tie down its products in a warehouse or showroom if patronage for that exact model is low somewhere, while same model is in hot demand elsewhere. How many Nigerians are buying flagships in comparison to midrange & entry level devices?

Even Apple scaled down production of the iPhone 12 mini due to its slow sales figures. Samsung focus more of their flagship offerings to Western and more developed countries because that's where they will sell more.

Nigeria is not a tier 1 country when it comes to tech & gadgets thus midrange and entry level smartphones distribution will always be the priority

Spot on.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by abdsamad(m): 8:59am On Apr 02, 2021
Walkee:

I understand you but you've unfortunately misunderstood the xiaomi situation. Xiaomi is extending it's tentacles globally but Samsung has already completed that journey.
Also, the incredible success of the Mi brand over the past decade has relied on them being Conservative about marketing and other "typical" strategies. Therefore, whilst your frustration is valid, you do need to try to understand so that you don't become overly critical

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by BryanWyatt: 9:46am On Apr 02, 2021
Walkee:
you are obviously one of the phone brands worshipers here who believe it's their duty to worship and defend the particular phone they use. I'm typing this reply on a Redmi note 8 pro which I use as my second phone so in case you think I'm here to trash your lovely xiaomi. How many phones have they launched since January? How many can you get like how you get phones from normal companies? All the phones dealers on Nairaland[b], I haven't seen a single one of them list mi 11[/b]as part of their product ordinary A 52 that was launched few weeks ago is everywhere. I can't be searching nooks and cranny for a phone I'm going to pay for in order not to get scammed. I can't find something on physical store, jumia, aliexpress or Amazon and you are here arguing with me unnecessarily. The Samsung S series that are everywhere, are they using plastic chips? Xiaomi's problem is irresponsibility. They launch over 50 phones yet you can't get them to buy anywhere. They can conserve their resources and do the ones they can mass produce instead of trying to compete unnecessarily
Have you contacted Macbeyland for Mi 11?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dblackninja: 10:07am On Apr 02, 2021
abdsamad:
I understand you but you've unfortunately misunderstood the xiaomi situation. Xiaomi is extending it's tentacles globally but Samsung has already completed that journey.
Also, the incredible success of the Mi brand over the past decade has relied on them being Conservative about marketing and other "typical" strategies. Therefore, whilst your frustration is valid, you do need to try to understand so that you don't become overly critical

Am even more frustrated than him sef lol...But I don't fully blame Xiaomi though..I blame my country more cos of it's poor state & economy... And you can't even order phones 4rm other countries in peace, even Jumia global has become shit..I remember that Redmi note 9s & mi 10t where available in jumia global even before official launch.. Things r getting worse... ordering 4rm Aliexpress is now a taboo lipsrsealed

I will truly loose it if after all these waiting & they say that the Poco F3 or X3 pro I want to buy is now out of production angry

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ElvisMcCoy(m): 10:11am On Apr 02, 2021
Don't worry you'll get it... We have able resellers in the other thread to help with that... Once you're ready, knock on their door...

I do understand your point...
dblackninja:

Am even more frustrated than him sef lol...But I don't fully blame Xiaomi though..I blame my country more cos of it's poor state & economy... And you can't even order phones 4rm other countries in peace, even Jumia global has become shit..I remember that Redmi note 9s & mi 10t where available in jumia global even before official launch.. Things r getting worse... ordering 4rm Aliexpress is now a taboo lipsrsealed

I will truly loose it if after all these waiting & they say that the Poco F3 or X3 pro I want to buy is now out of production angry
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Walkee: 10:53am On Apr 02, 2021
abdsamad:

lol I'm not really trying to be overly critical of them they are really trying I just wished their products will be more available and less confusing. The who Note 9 series still dey confuse me up till now

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by officialteemi(m): 11:28am On Apr 02, 2021
Kaesyrn:

Same here and surprisingly I've even downloaded updates
NoW working,Had to Uninstall and download again.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by dblackninja: 12:06pm On Apr 02, 2021
ElvisMcCoy:
Don't worry you'll get it... We have able resellers in the other thread to help with that... Once you're ready, knock on their door...

I do understand your point...

Last I checked, their suppliers don't even have the devices yet.. that is where I partially blame Xiaomi as I think they want to focus 1st on flash sales (to maximize profit 1st & minimize losses on moving the products about), and then release more later based on demand. It's a pity we are not treated like Indians at least, as we are 5th world country cry

Na so I just dey wait patiently oo, dey keep my anger in check b4 I vex go waste money on one overpriced Sammy like that undecided

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by iamNegro(m): 12:13pm On Apr 02, 2021
Walkee:

Poco F3 is not an ideal upgrade for Iphone 11 pro. I would advice Mi 10t pro, but it is LCD and the display does not measure up. Your best bet is Mi 11 or Mi 11i, and it is a great deal. Yes, more optimizations for the camera will make it very good later on.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by officialteemi(m): 12:29pm On Apr 02, 2021
A Friend note8 powers off Each time He Switch it on..
Wahala Dey o
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 12:41pm On Apr 02, 2021
officialteemi:
Wahala Dey o

What exactly is this ?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
officialteemi:
Wahala Dey o

What happened before this started?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:42pm On Apr 02, 2021
Meanwhile..... Xiaomi Nigeria

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 1:23pm On Apr 02, 2021
genius43:
Meanwhile..... Xiaomi Nigeria

More confusion for those who choose to be confused grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (8279) (8280) (8281) (8282) (8283) (8284) (8285) ... (9317) (Reply)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 96
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.