Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,804 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:35 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8358) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9195812 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8355) (8356) (8357) (8358) (8359) (8360) (8361) ... (9317) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shogsman(m): 7:23am On May 07, 2021
fibonacci2526:

You mean the display on the note 9 pro is Same as on the note 10 pro?
The note 10pro is amoled and has more nit but I tested some 1080p videos on both and there is not enough difference to convince me,the LCD display on the note9pro is quite good and that is coming from someone that is used to amoled and oled display.
Moreover my amoled phones suffer screen burn eventually so that's another turn off

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 7:25am On May 07, 2021
shogsman:

You're very stupid, next time don't barge into discussions you're not invited to,I have my Samsung here and I'm not complaining,so please hush it and stop whining incessantly on other people's business,no disrespect meant

No disrespect yet you called me stupid?

Doesn't that prove that you're a burst-condom product of pigs?

Please, take your frustrations outta here, else I'll drag you like a faulty tiger generator.

Dingbat!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Weirdgee: 7:33am On May 07, 2021
Good morning guys I'm trying to install one app like that but it's not installing it says turn on developer option and turn off MIUI optimization....where can I do these?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shogsman(m): 7:34am On May 07, 2021
ityP:

Also Not necessary
He called me a fool,I will be the judge of what is necessary,I understand that there are too many people here and we can't obviously all have manners but it doesn't hurt to remind some people once In a while

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Meister(m): 7:36am On May 07, 2021
Weirdgee:
Good morning guys I'm trying to install one app like that but it's not installing it says turn on developer option and turn off MIUI optimization....where can I do these?

This app that's asking for all these are you sure it's trust worthy boss

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 8:01am On May 07, 2021
Weirdgee:
do as the app has instructed if it is important that you install it, just remember to turn MIUI optimisation back on once the app is installed.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by sajmark(m): 8:05am On May 07, 2021
Meister:

This app that's asking for all these are you sure it's trust worthy boss
YouTubeVanced also requires same and so far so good YouTubeVanced has my trust + millions of others'.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shogsman(m): 8:14am On May 07, 2021
fibonacci2526:

You mean the display on the note 9 pro is Same as on the note 10 pro?
Note-the s9plus screen is bared while the redmi's has a screen guard,screen brightness on the Samsung is around 80percent while the redmi is around 50% . I'm impressed with the LCD on the redmi even when compared side by side,might even get better when I tweak the display settings.

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ugwumichael(m): 8:38am On May 07, 2021
Good morning all
Pls I need help, sending via otg on my redmi 9 seems to be extremely slow like 35-100kb per second, sometimes computation takes 30 mins. Please how can I fix this
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 8:48am On May 07, 2021
Mustiboy:

No disrespect yet you called me stupid?

Doesn't that prove that you're a burst-condom product of pigs?

Please, take your frustrations outta here, else I'll drag you like a faulty tiger generator.

Dingbat!
you actually came for him first...U deserve the response you got

8 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:09am On May 07, 2021
ugwumichael:
Good morning all
Pls I need help, sending via otg on my redmi 9 seems to be extremely slow like 35-100kb per second, sometimes computation takes 30 mins. Please how can I fix this
Speed is dependent on some factors like:
1. Type of files being sent
2. Speed of OTG drive
3. Using an adapter
4. transfering btw OTG and memory card

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 9:10am On May 07, 2021
Make you na all take am easy o.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:18am On May 07, 2021
shogsman:

The note 10pro is amoled and has more nit but I tested some 1080p videos on both and there is not enough difference to convince me
Even with OLED tvs versus good LCD tvs, you'll hardly notice any difference in videos in bright environments, you'll start seeing the difference especially in dark environments.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gptech(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2021
jboixxx:
2. Speed of OTG drive
3. Using an adapter
U don talk am finish. Can't compare file transfer with a class U3 memory card to a class 10 sef grin.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ityP(m): 10:02am On May 07, 2021
Keiyadosh:
you actually came for him first...U deserve the response you got

I agree
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Idrismusty97(m): 11:06am On May 07, 2021
Hello all, Any idea why games are hanging in my Redmi 9T. The two Angry birds i downloaded from play store are lagging right before update self. Angry bird Evolution and Angry bird Transformer. I have clear cache, turn of data, reboot and even did the game boost stuff. Haven't tried other games to be sure and the inbuilt small small games are fast. But those angry birds were working fine even in my previous small phone. Thank you.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Jemerson: 11:09am On May 07, 2021
Ifeanyi4491:
like this right

Yes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ugwumichael(m): 11:11am On May 07, 2021
jboixxx:
2. Speed of OTG drive
3. Using an adapter
Below is a picture of my OTG drive
It's actually a flash and not a memory card
I normally send videos and documents to my flash from my phone and the speed are the same for both of them.
I normally send 1-1 and not in bulk but the speed is still slow.

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 11:24am On May 07, 2021
Please follow my YouTube channel, I review devices

Here is a quick unboxing of the Xiaomi Redmi note 10 pro

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VH10dW1d3Uk

The full review is coming soon

A sub will be absolutely amazing

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 11:36am On May 07, 2021
Idrismusty97:
Finally been inducted into the Xiaomi Community with my recent purchase of the Redmi 9T. Haven't have time to test it intensively but so far it's decent. The speed, sound, battery and massive 128gb storage space. But the camera is too poor for 48mp although I used Gcamnator to download a gcam camera that's slightly better. Still testing though.

Any idea on how to change font, searched tired. Also how to stop ads and any other thing that I may need to know. Thank you.
if you want to change the font, goto settings
, then head over to additional settings ,
change the region from Nigeria to India.
Head back to the themes app, you will see font option unlocked,
select and apply font you want .

Change the region back to Nigeria , enjoy your font

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 11:38am On May 07, 2021
CypressHill2020:
I just discovered something quite interesting with my Redmi Note 9S. Charging it with a regular power brick and not with that which came supplied with the phone is as slow as a tortoise. But what you gain is a very slow depletion rate of the battery when you put the phone to use.

Just make sure you don't play with the phone while it's charging, or better still, turn it off.
Lol fast chargers push what I call a stream of current into lithnum batteries at high pace, they don't circulate round the cells immediately, but usually then settle immediately after charge.

Slower chargers take time cos they fill everything up but time is a constraint

4 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:42am On May 07, 2021
Cannonleo:
if you want to change the font, goto settings
, then head over to additional settings ,
change the region from Nigeria to India.
Head back to the themes app, you will see font option unlocked,
select and apply font you want .

Change the region back to Nigeria , enjoy your font

Not necessarily sha.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 11:43am On May 07, 2021
SAMBHOSS:
My speaker is no longer sounding mehn
I've hit the speaker side severally like someone suggested.
Didn't see this coming.
And I know it didn't enter water or sand or those contaminating stuffs
cry
did you use the clear speaker function in the settings
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 11:45am On May 07, 2021
Idrismusty97:
Finally been inducted into the Xiaomi Community with my recent purchase of the Redmi 9T. Haven't have time to test it intensively but so far it's decent. The speed, sound, battery and massive 128gb storage space. But the camera is too poor for 48mp although I used Gcamnator to download a gcam camera that's slightly better. Still testing though.

Any idea on how to change font, searched tired. Also how to stop ads and any other thing that I may need to know. Thank you.

Go to Theme app search for any of these Aafont, Moby Fonts, free or the name of the font. Click on more for the first three to see more fonts. Take pick, download and apply.

But if you want to see a fonts panel like when attempting to revising to original or change to another downloaded font you can then change your region to India and back.

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 11:45am On May 07, 2021
xoftxoul:
My fellow countrymen
Make Una no vex
I know this is unrelated

Please I'm looking for an app that can grab video from any website
Thanks
lol funny enough IDM download manager Can do this , once it see a video on any site you are prompted to download

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifeanyi4491(m): 12:23pm On May 07, 2021
Jemerson:

Yes
it didn't connect
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Ifeanyi4491(m): 12:27pm On May 07, 2021
jboixxx:
2. Speed of OTG drive
3. Using an adapter
pls boss what could the the fault of a mobile phone not to detect otg, but was using it before but suddenly stop but the charging port is still charging and I have tried it with another adapter yet it was not connected
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Cannonleo(m): 12:48pm On May 07, 2021
I have a Redmi 9t , brand new, 128 , 4gb ram Snapdragon 662 , 6000mah

Just 1 month , hardly used, I am supposed to review it for my channel but i haven't yet

It has been unlocked , and I am running a custom MIUI 12 EU ROM from Eu ROM community with super wallpapers and all

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shogsman(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2021
Gptech:

Even with OLED tvs versus good LCD tvs, you'll hardly notice any difference in videos in bright environments, you'll start seeing the difference especially in dark environments.
Of course the colour contrast is better on my Samsung but the difference Is way too minimal compared to what I was expecting I'm impressed with xaoimi on this one.another reason I opted for the LCD sef Is screen burn

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by shogsman(m): 12:55pm On May 07, 2021
Cannonleo:
I have a Redmi 9t , brand new, 128 , 4gb ram Snapdragon 662 , 6000mah

Just 1 month , hardly used, I am supposed to review it for my channel but i haven't yet

It has been unlocked , and I am running a custom MIUI 12 EU ROM from Eu ROM community with super wallpapers and all

70k for it
What's your YouTube channel

(1) (2) (3) ... (8355) (8356) (8357) (8358) (8359) (8360) (8361) ... (9317) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: marialovely, godsonarablord, czay(m) and 3 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.