Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,310 members, 7,811,917 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 11:36 PM

The Xiaomi Thread. - Phones (8433) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / The Xiaomi Thread. (9171768 Views)

My Thoughts On The Xiaomi Redmi 5plus After 3 Weeks Use / Disadvantages Of The Xiaomi Redmi Note 4x / I've Got The Xiaomi 20000mah Powerbank. Any Question? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8430) (8431) (8432) (8433) (8434) (8435) (8436) ... (9315) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 6:14pm On Jun 01, 2021
explosiveskull:

Stock android is the worst especially with its inflexibility to customization. Miui has always been the best, loads and lots of themes, stable apps. Xiaomi have always being the right choice.

Walai, shame dey catch me whenever I see negative comments about MIUI because it's the same MIUI that I brag about, telling people how it's the best UI ever.

Even when you watch YouTube reviews, you'll hear things like, " While you won't get the great experience you'd get with Stock Android..."
That line always irks me. What's so special about stock Android? I've used it before, and I've vowed never to go back.

While MIUI has it's bugs, they are never something to ruin your overall experience. Some bugs happen only once, yet you'll see some people compose an epistle over it on GSMarena and even here on NL. They will open threads lamenting over simple issues that can be resolved with a Google search or by asking questions.

The perks of MIUI cannot be adulated: you get some of the best animations you'd ever find after iOS, liberty of customisation, extremely beautiful UI, guaranteed updates (albeit late sometimes), and a few bells and whistles feature-wise.

Anyone who doesn't like MIUI should go get a Pixel device or get themselves within the constraints of iOS. As for me, my entire household who use Xiaomi (no one is left out, not even mum), as well as over 20 friends and neighbors that I've converted, we will continue enjoying our MIUI.

Thank you.

15 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:15pm On Jun 01, 2021
[quote author=theoneJabulani post=102269704][/quote] Chai! See where the MF de since. Thanks, boss TheOne'.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 6:17pm On Jun 01, 2021
bolyjay:

I later downgraded to miui 12.0.2.0 successfully.
Share and let's learn!

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 7:58pm On Jun 01, 2021
Seems Xiaomi don't want to launch Redmi 10, this one we're not getting any info about this.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Onnasucs1(m): 7:59pm On Jun 01, 2021
Redmi 8 for sale
Price 45k

4Gig ram, 64gig internal storage.

1 year, 2 months old.

WhatsApp- 08067327499
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by micxwell(m): 8:41pm On Jun 01, 2021
OllyFair:
Seems Xiaomi don't want to launch Redmi 10, this one we're not getting any info about this.
They want to shock us grin. It will surely cause more confusion. I guess they want the Note series to breathe well first.

3 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Mustiboy(m): 8:47pm On Jun 01, 2021
OllyFair:

I think Redmi Note 10 is the new Redmi 10, given that it is considered entry-level these days.

Sorry grin

2 Likes

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 9:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
genius43:

For now OEM Charger. But I am pretty sure I will get a Baseus charger later on.
Is the baseus better than the OEM? I want to know cos I would like to get a substitute for mine, only is is it's 33w.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 9:20pm On Jun 01, 2021
Keiyadosh:
offense taken...I didn't have enough money for the A52 , got the 10 pro... Bought it expecting to see why the A52 was more expensive
and I haven't see why ..Where is the wrong mindset arbi did u just jump on my post without understanding??
I only tried to let you know that the protection on the screen is plastic and not glass like the screen guards sold out there. I don't get the offence there.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 9:25pm On Jun 01, 2021
leTrizzle:

Is the baseus better than the OEM? I want to know cos I would like to get a substitute for mine, only is is it's 33w.

They are good and they serve very fine. Anker and ZMI(Produces the chargers and cords for Xiaomi) are also there but more expensive.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 10:00pm On Jun 01, 2021
Please anyway around this problem
Really need to install the app

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by saint2ace(m): 10:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
jboixxx:
Share and let's learn!

For me I unlocked bootloader and flashed fastboot ROM, I even tried the very first ROM for RN9s A9 MIUI 11 and it worked perfectly. But MIUI 12 on A10 is just perfect for now. grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 01, 2021
genius43:

Poco F2 Pro doesn't have 3.5mm Jack but you listed it.

F2 pro has 3.5mm jack
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oyaskii(m): 10:28pm On Jun 01, 2021
genius43:

There is a mod Deezer you can use to download externally to your phone storage.
Yup.. That's the offline mode i was talking about.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oyaskii(m): 10:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Gemineye:
Please anyway around this problem
Really need to install the app
This apk most likely has issue o, and Google play protect is having non of it. What app is it?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 10:39pm On Jun 01, 2021
Mustiboy:

I think Redmi Note 10 is the new Redmi 10, given that it is considered entry-level these days.

Sorry grin
Okay ooooooooo.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by OllyFair(m): 10:40pm On Jun 01, 2021
micxwell:

They want to shock us grin. It will surely cause more confusion. I guess they want the Note series to breathe well first.
grin grin grin
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 11:02pm On Jun 01, 2021
leTrizzle:

I only tried to let you know that the protection on the screen is plastic and not glass like the screen guards sold out there. I don't get the offence there.
na wrong person u dey quote boss
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by leTrizzle: 11:03pm On Jun 01, 2021
Keiyadosh:
na wrong person u dey quote boss
Ok
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Gemineye: 11:05pm On Jun 01, 2021
oyaskii:
This apk most likely has issue o, and Google play protect is having non of it. What app is it?
It's a game
Funny thing is i sent if from a friend's phone via Xender, was unable to install . I just decided to search playstore and voilĂ  i was able to install
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by oyaskii(m): 11:11pm On Jun 01, 2021
Gemineye:
It's a game
Funny thing is i sent if from a friend's phone via Xender, it didn't install . I just decided to search playstore and voilĂ  i was able to install
Yup, you are better off downloading your apps from the playstore expect the app is absolutely necessary and it's not available on the playstore, then you source it elsewhere and hope it passes play protect test during installation.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 11:34pm On Jun 01, 2021
Benstino:

F2 pro has 3.5mm jack
you are coming from page 7000 in this thread.. keep reading

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Emjace(m): 11:36pm On Jun 01, 2021
Where are Redmi note 10 pro users that are gamers? Please does the 3.5mm audio jack position affect your gameplay?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 12:26am On Jun 02, 2021
Benstino:

F2 pro has 3.5mm jack

This have been sorted over a month ago.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 1:30am On Jun 02, 2021
Turns out what was affecting my screenshot quality was dark mode... unbelievable bah??

Now I have to choose between using dark mode or getting clear screenshots at least till an update comes
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by jboixxx: 1:49am On Jun 02, 2021
leTrizzle:

Baseus is a good and well known brand for qualify charging accessories. Should you need a replacement, I have available in Ikeja (pickup/dispatch/GIG) and Jalingo.

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by genius43(m): 1:50am On Jun 02, 2021
Keiyadosh:
Turns out what was affecting my screenshot quality was dark mode... unbelievable bah??

Now I have to choose between using dark mode or getting clear screenshots at least till an update comes

I use dark mode and my screenshots come out fine. Might be your dark mode settings. Below is mine

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by ladykilllar: 6:20am On Jun 02, 2021
udemzyudex:

I'm using the xiaomi music player app and ad is off

Hi, name of your font please?
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Henrybright(m): 6:40am On Jun 02, 2021
Emjace:
Where are Redmi note 10 pro users that are gamers? Please does the 3.5mm audio jack position affect your gameplay?
sometimes when I'm using headphone and the audio jack is on my left hand, that's when I find it difficult to play games like PES21. So, what I do is to rotate the phone and have the audio jack on my right hand and I'm good. Though, I use earbud most of the times anyway.
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Prechy2836(m): 6:53am On Jun 02, 2021
Keiyadosh:

Oh now I understand your "poor screenshot quality" statement. What me I have noticed with dark mode and screenshots, is that your current level of brightness affects your screenshots. So the lower your screen brightness the darker your screenshots will look...
Below is an example first screenshot lower screen brightness.. and second photo a higher brightness level notice the difference??

1 Like

Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 7:14am On Jun 02, 2021
genius43:

I use dark mode and my screenshots come out fine. Might be your dark mode settings. Below is mine
alright boss.. let me check this out
Re: The Xiaomi Thread. by Keiyadosh: 7:14am On Jun 02, 2021
Prechy2836:

Oh now I understand your "poor screenshot quality" statement. What me I have noticed with dark mode and screenshots, is that your current level of brightness affects your screenshots. So the lower your screen brightness the darker your screenshots will look...
Below is an example first screenshot lower screen brightness.. and second photo a higher brightness level notice the difference??
Omo Thank God someone finally understands me...It is always looking so dim

(1) (2) (3) ... (8430) (8431) (8432) (8433) (8434) (8435) (8436) ... (9315) (Reply)

Viewing this topic: 6 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.